• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Can anybody here comment on how the effects of ETH-LAD compare to those of 2C-E?

I‘ve heard both being described as having a relatively clear-headed but demanding headspace with stunning visuals.

I recently tried to branch into phenethylamines, but even after trying it at a higher dose tonight, found 2C-C to simply lack the intensity I seem to seek in a psychedelic, even in social situations - granted, the peak was nice, but I felt its most prominent aspect was the downright stoning body high, with very little interesting thoughts, and not even particularly interesting visuals. Also, I had way more gastric discomfort on 2C-C than I did on ETH-LAD.

Don‘t get me wrong, I believe 2C-C is probably a perfectly fine - possibly even excellent - psychedelic for most people, but I was still way too grounded in reality for me to truly be able to “let go“ and just embrace the absurdity of life.

So basically, if I consider ETH-LAD a “social“ drug, do you think I‘d be able to use 2C-E for the same purpose?

2C-C and 2C-E are two entirely different beasts, honestly 2C-E is a different beast than any other 2C-X I've tried. As for comparing it to ETH-LAD, I find 2C-E substantially more challenging than ETH-LAD. That said, people seem to be in two camps regarding 2C-E, people like me who find it very potent and intense, and people who find it much lighter and less potent. So I can't really say which you are. For me, 2C-E is one of the most intense psychedelics I've ever tried. My most intense, overwhelmingly psychedelic experience of my life was on it.

I never got to try 2ce but a few years back I got really excited about it and then could not find it.

I think it is in the same family of exciting compounds from the mescaline branch which is close to the amphetamine and MDMA branch.
so that puts it into empatho-stimulant flavors which are generally social (but not at higher dosages - which I guess Xorkoth explored)

Ethlad at less than 1 tab for me is somewhat social but I need to be private on one tab.

@OntarioGuy, after 4 or 5 experiences you will be able to tell 1p-LSD from ETH-lad with no problem, they are of a similar LSD spectrum but differen: with ETH being more frothy to me, and 1p being more choppy wavy, but both definitely surfing closely along the shoreline of the lysergamide beaches. I like collecting seashells there while just exploring and lower dosages, but both can provide a huge undertow if you take more than 1 tab - that can drag you far out to sea but everyone seems to swim back fine, a few complain of cramps.

I just don't find 2C-E to be social or euphoric, it's very serious and intensely psychedelic for me, not empathogenic at all. It's totally distinct from mescaline/2C-B/2C-C/MDMA. It's quite unique in the 2C-X family.

I took 3-Meo-PCP (5 mg) and two hours later took 150 ug ETH-LAD. The PCP really potentiated the trip. The come-up was very nauseous but then the trip leveled at a euphoric body-high with insane visuals and music enhancement. At some point I couldn't see through the fractals.

BEWARE when attempting this combination. I was completely fine, but my girl, who is significantly less experienced with psychedelics than me, had a major freak out. If you wanna try it start low. I think if she had taken 3 mg of 3-MeO-PCP and only 100 ug of ETH-LAD things would have been different. But it was too high of a dose for her.

ETH-LAD is really potent shit. This was my first time taking 150, and I know that most probably the PCP potentiated the trip, but the difference from 100 ug to this was insane. The sensory overload was real. It was probably one of the most visual trips of my life, during the peak my senses were merging into one, all input was confused and mixed up

Yeah ETH-LAD is really strong. But in my experience, 3-MeO-PCP potentiates lysergamides very significantly (I've tried with AL-LAD, LSD and ALD-52).

Ya, ETH LAD is no joke. Like I said in an earlier post" the come up scared me a bit, I felt like I was going to break through almost lol. I was on a spiral staircase in the sky, but it dissolved in about 10 seconds. I ordered some 1P-LSD with my ETH LAD this time and I may try a trip on just that perhaps next weekend, but I will try ethlad again perhaps a couple weeks or a month after that

someone said:
... snip ...

These themes of lines, inside out and upside down were really present on my powerful ETH-LAD trip. It's interesting to read that they came up for you as well.

I had a lot of imagery of these running masses of lines/threads intersecting, and the interference patterns that came out of their intersections forming our experience of reality... it felt as though I were looking at the sub-structure of experience.. a fantasy surely, but there's always something profound feeling about these experiences. And the inside out backwards thing.. that was a huge theme, I was very aware of how every "thing" has an inverse, not just physically but in every conceivable aspect. It was dead obvious at the time, but so hard to grasp now!

Really interesting to read how ETH-LAD has produced some similar experiences, I've never had any of this from say LSD.

Last edited:
You have to be inclined to that type of view/vision into the structure of reality and it's articulation in life. Eth-Lad is great for it, but I think other psychedelics and psychotropics have worked nicely as well. This one is a favorite.

While earnest about understanding mind and consciousness, I have had similar epiphanies with moderate use of Methamphetamine (university days, 1973), as well as Salvia Divinorum (during the last decade+).

Agree with pupnik, I had something similar on 1plsd, but never on eth-lad

Interesting stuff guys. It makes sense that this content would be medium-agnostic, as in: you should be able to have these insights with your brain tuned on other substances (or unadulterated for that matter). And,.. it sounds there's something about the ETH-LAD mode that tends to these patterns.

yes yes something "effervescent" makes the sparkling bubbles rise, kinda holy that way.

on 40 mics of Eth-LAD +- 10 mics (?) it looked like 1/3 blotter
There was little agitation on the come up, and it was easy to close my eyes at hour #4, so for 3 hours after that in a dark room I watched a series of more than 20 5 minute waves of CEV and OEV living neon wallpaper patterns including:

space ships,
plankton,
HAIDA artifacts,
Mexican artifacts.
Hopi artifacts
Turkish artifacts
Indian Hindu artifacts
fabric designs
filigree gold arabesques
etc.
at the end of each wave I thought it was over, and 5 minutes later I would have relaxed into a new wave of densely packed jeweled plankton or something.
proxy.php

at the end of each wave I thought it was over, and 5 minutes later I would have relaxed into a new wave of densely packed jeweled plankton or something.
I've noticed recently that ETH tends to come in waves. At least for myself. There's usually moments hours in where for a good 5-10 minutes I get a sense of sobriety, as if I'd never ingested the substance; ten minutes later I'd be thrown back into fractal land. I also tend to take 3-400 mics per trip though

I will check for a similar 5-10 minute wave cycle tomorrow on 1p, very happy with CEV and OEV when just doing nothing on Eth-Lad.

I will check for a similar 5-10 minute wave cycle tomorrow on 1p, very happy with CEV and OEV when just doing nothing on Eth-Lad.
I've never noticed a wave cycle on 1p, but the last time I got 1p was about a year ago and I felt the tabs were extremely fluctuant. Most of the felt like 50-75 mics when they were advertised at 100, albiet, there were a couple that really kicked my butt.
I think the clear headedness of ETH is what causes the cycles. I can almost make myself feel sober on the substance, I've talked to police officers before on 250mics with no problems whatsoever. If I really isolate myself and let go it can bring me to places unimaginable though. All in all I love this substance :) do report back tomorrow though! I'm interested to hear back as I haven't really tripped much on the Lysergamides since I did the blind test on each one.

I noticed that too for sure. I notice this "waves" even during the come-up. There's a slow development of the effects that lasts for an hour after ingestion for me, then a steady plateau for a while, and then suddenly almost-sobriety. Then at the two hour mark it feels almost like a second come-up, and 30 minutes latter I'll be tripping hard.

ETH-LAD is the most adrenergic of all lysergamides. The only lysergamide that made me totally "loose my shit". Weightless sheer power and unique energy, at higher doses it reminds of high dosed 4-HO-MiPT in how it makes me feel manically confident and filled with masculine energy just radiating from me. Visuals are somewhat cartoonish on it IME and remind me of anime for some reasons...8)

Be careful combining it with cannabis!

I'll be giving the ETH/weed combo a go tonight or the first time. I've always done ETH on its own or combined it with ALD. Just gonna do a small 150 mic dose. As far as other Lysergamides go, weeds always mellowed me out and made for a more positive experience, but I'm Always hesitant combining new substances