Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent theory. Could be the miracle cure we have been searching for!

Thank you for the tip, cheers ; I will order sarcosine and the other one ASAP. I suspect they are helpful, maybe I can get these receptors to operate properly again, since I KNOW dopamine misregulation is the problem.

When I take high dose amphetamine, I go back to normal. It's sad to go back to normal for 4 hours. Its tempting but I cant go there, I know it is damaging and I don't like what it does to me.

Last edited:
All of a sudden, I have will,motivation, a sense of planning for the future. I think the biggest thing is being able to go to work and get in the flow. Be in the flow and not really think about anything while I'm there but work. When I'm not on it I just move slow and think about how I feel like shit. I feel walking around and doing stuff and feel good about it.

With out it I feel demotivated, and very spacey. I duno, it's not that great but it's good in emergencies. Like if there's someone you want to see and seem pretty normal. Or a work shift that you really need to get through. But after a while it doesn't work as well any more and you really want it to. Which is very frustrating and depressing.

Plus it's amphetamine, which is a dirty fuckin' shitty drug too.

I never thought I would have to have it and I don't want it as a crutch or addiction.
It's terrible for what personality and brain you have left.

So

TL;DR : It can make you feel pretty normal for emergencies.

Last edited:
Still cant lose a fucking pound, this is absolutely frustrating considering that most weight gain meds, the fat melts off when your off of it, but with invega, even after several months off of it you cant even lose the weight even with exercise, let alone lose let it go away on its own.

Eventually I will give it an effort to lose the weight. Maybe in a month or two. The problem is, you lose the weight but the energy levels don't come back. It's the destruction of the basal ganglia/ energizing system of the body that makes it such a puzzling experience. It's a heck of a hill to climb when you are ready. My weight gain isn't excruciating, but bad is bad enough!! Especially with all the other effects, it's insult to injury.

I hate being heavier, it's annoying that people still see me as skinny. I put on 20 or 30 pounds and lost my muscle. I was in good shape before this. This is such bullshit. I hate being fat, my confidence and sense of self is gone. I loved who I used to be and no one seems to notice the tragedy of what is gone. I don't have alot of people who are that close to me. I hate that people are like ' just be grateful for what you' . . . well what I don't have is the best part of being alive . . . who I am.

Yeah, I wish coca leaves were obtainable in USA. They would be a god send for invega recovery/ weight loss if they were available. If you live in a country where coca leaves are legal, by all means chew them!

There is a site that sells coca leaves in USA but, it is sketchy and I am scared to order from them. Not because of the law, but losing $180.

Last edited:
Jeeze. I don't know what to say to that. I have my discheveled moments but , really , I'm trying to recover here. I have nothing to say to the opiate tolerance, just doesn't really make sense to me.

Again, for a buzz, K seems like the best bet based upon the profile of what has been blocked by invega. It also sounds like you are fairly fresh off invega after being on it for awhile , so you know, nothing would work.

I dunno, it's a pretty bleak situation, I cannot make judgements about how others handle it.

Whatever gets you through the day, CyborgZero.

98.9% recovered. At this point it's hard to tell when I'm in an Invega wave, but it's not impossible. I'm currently in my prime and this is a great vantage point to get moving and focused on physical activity. Step one: get into shape. Step two: never get out of shape.

8 months off the poison, for 1 week, 1200 calorie diet, zero carbs, cardio on an empty stomach, strength training, intermitted fasting anf even an illegal fat burner clenbuterol and i didnt loose a god damn pound. This is just fucking bullshit, im loosing hope... Just getting angrier and angier every day.

how many monthes off are you iridescent? how high dosage

lazar that sucks how are your energy levels
how many monthes at wut dosage?

Energy levels are perfect, working out harder than ever, pleasure is back, not like it was in the past, but honestly im feeling pleasurable overall. Im in depression at the moment because my girlfriend left me 6 months ago, she said she doesnt feel love towards me anymore, (i know its because i gained 50 pounds of ugly fat), i took the poison for 4 months.

Im trying everything to loose the fat to get my girlfriend back, 1 week and no results,i should give it more time, i will continue to try to loose weight this month.

how many monthes off are you iridescent? how high dosage
Almost 2 years off (last shot was on 27th of May, 2015). Initially I was given a moderate dose of 156 mg... eventually switched to lower dosage of 112 mg. So basically I received the 156 mg shot for probably 5 months and took the 112 mg shot for the rest of the time on it (about 7/8 shots).

Can anyone translate any of this?
"[h=1]Association between common variants near the melanocortin 4 receptor gene and severe antipsychotic drug-induced weight gain.[/h][h=4]CONTEXT:[/h]Second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) are increasingly used in the treatment of many psychotic and nonpsychotic disorders. Unfortunately, SGAs are often associated with substantial weight gain, with no means to predict which patients are at greatest risk.
[h=4]OBJECTIVE:[/h]To identify single-nucleotide polymorphisms associated with antipsychotic drug–induced weight gain.

[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]
These data implicate MC4R in extreme SGA-induced weight gain and related metabolic disturbances. A priori identification of high-risk subjects could lead to alternative treatment strategies in this population."
source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22566560/

It may be some link to Invega weight gain/inability to lose weight, but I don't know what to DO about it.

"

[h=1]Melanocortin 4 receptor[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MC4R
Available structures
PDBOrtholog search: PDBe RCSB
[show]​
List of PDB id codes
Identifiers
AliasesMC4R, Melanocortin 4 receptor
External IDsMGI: 99457 HomoloGene: 4320 GeneCards:MC4R
Targeted by Drug
afamelanotide, MT-II, THIQ[1]
RNA expression pattern
More reference expression data
Orthologs
SpeciesHumanMouse
Entrez
Ensembl
UniProt
RefSeq (mRNA)
RefSeq (protein)
Location (UCSC)Chr 18: 60.37 – 60.37 MbChr 18: 66.86 – 66.86 Mb
PubMed search[2][3]
Wikidata
View/Edit HumanView/Edit Mouse
Melanocortin 4 receptor is a protein that in humans is encoded by the MC4R gene.[4][5][6] It encodes the MC4 protein, a G protein-coupled receptor that binds α-melanocyte stimulating hormone (α-MSH). In murine models MC4 receptors have been found to be involved in feeding behaviour, the regulation of metabolism, sexual behaviour, and male erectile function

[h=2]Clinical significance[edit][/h]In 2009, two very large genome-wide association studies of body mass index (BMI) confirmed the association of variants about 150 kilobases downstream of the MC4R gene with insulin resistance, obesity, and other anthropometric traits.[11][12][13][14] MC4R may also have clinical utility as a biomarker for predicting individual susceptibility to drug-induced adverse effects causing weight gain and related metabolic abnormalities. Another GWAS performed in 2012 identified twenty SNPs located ~190 Kb downstream of MC4R in association with severe antipsychotic-induced weight gain. This locus overlapped with the region previously identified in the 2009 studies. The rs489693 polymorphism, in particular, sustained a statistically robust signal across three replication cohorts and demonstrated consistent recessive effects.[15] This finding was replicated again by another research group in the following year.[16] In accordance with the above, MC4 receptor agonists have garnered interest as potential treatments for obesity and insulin resistance,[17][18] while MC4 receptor antagonists have attracted interest as potential treatments for cachexia.[19]"

source: wikipedia

Just want to say that I'm doing better , I may be damaged but I don't feel the pain and suffering from Invega like I first did. My days are manageable without excruciating adhedonia :)

I went swimming today and feel much refreshed.

I have hope for my recovery.

That's good nnnbbvvv. It's been almost 4 months off for me and i don't feel as depressed anymore. I still am depressed and have anhedonia but it's not as severe as before. I am optimistic that we will recover eventually. I have talked to a person who says that he has recovered 100% and seen cases on this forum.

I have been off invega for 3 months. Is this why I have been so depressed and weed not work any longer? I thought it was just PAWS from being clean from opiates. I have had deep depression and no motivation.

nnnbbvvv -I was checking into the Invega weight, and found a very brief video where some doctor mentioned that MC4 Receptor. I then checked into that and antipsychotics/weight. I can't make heads or tails of anything with this med, but all the weight side effects seem to pull up info that also ties into sexual performance/erectile dysfunction and stuff like that.

I am trying so hard to act as a type of "guinea pig" to see if anything will allow weight loss instead of having to wait nearly a year after being off the drug. I've added berberine, chromium, zinc and NAC to my daily supplements (I take about 10 others as well). So far no luck, but it's only been about a week of berberine and NAC. I'm trying to see if this "insulin resistance" is what I/we are dealing with. Unfortunately I hear the tests for insulin may even come back normal, but a fasting insulin should actually be at the very low end of the normal range. Insulin is one test I have not yet had. I'm trying though. I'm getting very impatient.

If anything works, you best believe I'll be blowing up this forum with info to hopefully aid any others in coming off this med.

Last edited:
Just want to say that I'm doing better , I may be damaged but I don't feel the pain and suffering from Invega like I first did. My days are manageable without excruciating adhedonia :)

I went swimming today and feel much refreshed.

I have hope for my recovery.

Yo remember all the things that make you 'feel good' and do them a lot more often. Just cuz you enjoyed it now doesn't mean you'll get bored of it if you do it more often, instead, it will make you feel good more often and for more prolonged periods of time.

These are called lifestyle changes, and you need that on the road to recovery. Atleast do you best effort to live the life you "see" yourself living once you are fully recovered.

What will you be doing differently if you were recovered etc.

Start doing them now

I know if may be hard, but make baby steps. The road of 1000 miles begins with the thought of travelling that path in the first place, then comes the first step. Get my drift?

I'm super happy that you are finding recovery as a possibility, because it is. Humans are very complex beings and our biology is really amazing that our ability to hear ourselves is magnificent. Think when you get a bruise or a deep bloody wound, u may have to put rubbing alcohol so it wont get infected, but your body will do the rest and heal without an extra thought on your part.

So Do your part and your body will do the rest

Best of Luck

@iridescentblack: congratulations on being so close.

@nnnbbvvv: good update. great news.

@copperdome: those could be reasons, how long where you on invega and at what dose? welcome to the forum btw. opiates and smoking of any kind would definitely be different.

@Shay96: glad to hear it.

@LuiBliss: word.
I recieved 3 shots. I believe 234mg or thereabouts then 117 twice. I have had servere anhedonia. I thought I was just having post acute withdrawals but I think this invega is to blame. I had servere akathisia as well which thank God has subsided after a couple months off of the shot. When should I expect to feel better and is there anything I can do?

I recieved 3 shots. I believe 234mg or thereabouts then 117 twice. I have had servere anhedonia. I thought I was just having post acute withdrawals but I think this invega is to blame. I had servere akathisia as well which thank God has subsided after a couple months off of the shot. When should I expect to feel better and is there anything I can do?

From what i have seen on this forum and other forums it depends on your weight, metabolism and how much you have been injected with. Someone told me it took them 8 months to get back to normal and other people have said 10 months. I think the safe bet would be 10 to 12 months. But don't despair each month it gets easier.

I've been off it for pretty much 4 months and remember 2 months ago how bad i was and how depressed i was. Now i am better as far as the depression, suicidal thoughts and even reading is concerned but my memory is still very bad, my weight and appetite are bad and i've still got other issues. Don't get me wrong i still have anhedonia and depression but i feel better. My energy levels are a little bit better too. The best thing to do is find things to occupy yourself with and to not think about this stuff. Try not to check this forum often and try to almost forget about this stuff. It is also a good idea to eat healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.