Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i have seen on this forum and other forums it depends on your weight, metabolism and how much you have been injected with. Someone told me it took them 8 months to get back to normal and other people have said 10 months. I think the safe bet would be 10 to 12 months. But don't despair each month it gets easier.

I've been off it for pretty much 4 months and remember 2 months ago how bad i was and how depressed i was. Now i am better as far as the depression, suicidal thoughts and even reading is concerned but my memory is still very bad, my weight and appetite are bad and i've still got other issues. Don't get me wrong i still have anhedonia and depression but i feel better. My energy levels are a little bit better too. The best thing to do is find things to occupy yourself with and to not think about this stuff. Try not to check this forum often and try to almost forget about this stuff. It is also a good idea to eat healthy.
I have read 3-6 months places and I hope it's closer to that. I have a very fast metabolism, and I have stayed thin I hope that helps. It's hard to find things to do with anhedonia. I use to love my video games now they do nothing for me. I am glad you are feeling better. I remember how bad I was 2 months ago too, I am very glad it's not like it was as well, but this is still very hard to deal with.

http://breggin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/braindisabling.pdf

TD evidence and a table of contents for his book, gives you an idea if you should order it.
(Peter Breggin , the Harvard Psychiatrist who studied the data on Neuroleptics)

https://books.google.com/books?id=h...q=peter breggin deactivation syndrome&f=false

What you need to know about deactivation syndrome, chemical lobotomy, and the SPELLBINDING effect of the drug (where you don't know how fucked up you are because you're so fucked up.)

Last edited:
Found an article about Antipsychotics and Metabolic Syndrome [excerpt below]

"When the second generation antipsychotics (SGAs), the atypical antipsychotics, hit the market in the 90s, enthusiasm was high because they carried a low risk of motor difficulty side-effects (tardive dyskinesia). But as Dr. Wilson says in the quote above, these SGAs came with an unexpected problem: excessive weight gain around the stomach. Though weight gain is certainly a side effect of first generation antipsychotic drugs such as Thorazine, atypical antipsychotic medication induced weight gain is very different as it happens quickly, goes straight to the stomach, often without a person changing their diet or exercise level.Research eventually showed that this weight gain is directly related to insulin resistance. This specific insulin related stomach fat leads to a myriad of risks for those who take the drugs including:

• heart disease
  • stroke
  • diabetes
When you combine all of these risk factors together, the result is the word you are now very familiar with: metabolic syndrome."

Source: http://www.healthyplace.com/diabete...-drugs-metabolic-syndrome-and-diabetes/#story

Is anyone taking anything for insulin resistance, or following a particular insulin-friendly diet (ex Ketogenic diet)? I have tried the keto diet already but am now taking a handful of supplements daily.

Invega is incredibly destructive to the brain. You will never be the same. Don't expect a full recovery. Many people who get invega are crazy and the ones who aren't are totally screwed. Invega powers down the energy system of the brain leading to loss of personality, will and motivation. Notice the majority of people here mention suicidal thoughts? That's really serious because most of us weren't like this before. The drug takes away everything from you, maybe you can learn to be functional again but 4 miligrams of risperidone for 4 - 6 monthes is a chemical lobotomy. Do the math on invega to see how bad yours is.

Honestly i've seen instances here where people have said that they made a full recovery and there is this guy who i exchanged emails with who had the injections and then went on to recover and become a plant manager. He told me that he recovered all of his functioning but that it was a hard road. So i don't know, i think that your mind has the ability to repair itself with time.

Honestly i've seen instances here where people have said that they made a full recovery and there is this guy who i exchanged emails with who had the injections and then went on to recover and become a plant manager. He told me that he recovered all of his functioning but that it was a hard road. So i don't know, i think that your mind has the ability to repair itself with time.
I have seen a lot of people say 3-6 or 4-8 months. I don't think I'm totally screwed. The brain has an amazing ability to heal itself. I have seen people say the anhedonia went away. I want to hear more from those people.

I have seen a lot of people say 3-6 or 4-8 months. I don't think I'm totally screwed. The brain has an amazing ability to heal itself. I have seen people say the anhedonia went away. I want to hear more from those people.

Since you say you are thin and you haven't gained weight on it i think that it is possible for you to recover in 8 months time but i have a slow metabolism and i'm overweight now so i think 10-12 months is probably more realistic.

Since you say you are thin and you haven't gained weight on it i think that it is possible for you to recover in 8 months time but i have a slow metabolism and i'm overweight now so i think 10-12 months is probably more realistic.
Do you feel any better yet? What are your symptoms? How long have you been off of it? I have been off it around 3 months and I see myself improving a lot. I still have anhedonia but it is lessening. I am ready to enjoy life again does anyone know any supplement or antidepressant that can help?

@copperdome: i'm pretty sure it has been 4 months since my last injection. I had it in mid September. I had 4 or 5 injections from June to September (how angry i am at myself for continuing to get them) and my symptoms are anhedonia, a dumbing down of my cognition/processing speed, muscle weakness/stiffness, lower sex drive/erectile disfunction to the point where when i ejaculate nothing comes out, penis shrinkage, bad memory, muscle spasms, a slowing down of my metabolism, high prolactin and weight gain.

I can tell you that at this time my anhedonia has gotten better because 2 months ago i felt suicidal everyday. My cognition is probably a bit better too but only a little bit. I think my body is still too weak to exercise properly and my libido has gotten a bit better. It's hard to get an erection but when i ejaculate more sperm comes out and my orgasm is better but it's still not as good as before. My memory is still bad, the muscle spasms have almost fully gone. My metabolism is still slow and i still have a big appetite and think that i am gaining weight.

I stopped going to see my psychologist and psychiatrist because i realised that they were no help and all they did was depress me more because of how moronic they are. They attributed my anhedonia to psychosis rather than the meds and the fact that i couldn't ejaculate to the fact that i was overthinking it. And one of the psychologists that i saw legit said that invega isn't that bad of an anti-psychotic. They think that it is already out of my system. These morons should have no right to inject me with this shit if they have no idea how it works. I have a feeling that the doctor in the hospital that i was in knew perfectly well how this crap would affect me. He was forcefull that i take the injections and his reasoning for taking the injections instead of the pills was that i would forget to take the pills but there were other patients there who were on pills so clearly the prick was lying. He just seemed sociopathic to me. And what's maddening is the fact that my psychiatrist and psychologist kept acting like the doctor had the right to do that even though there were other meds with less side effects around. If i ever see that doctor around i swear i will beat him up so bad that i will hospitalise him.

@copperdome: i'm pretty sure it has been 4 months since my last injection. I had it in mid September. I had 4 or 5 injections from June to September (how angry i am at myself for continuing to get them) and my symptoms are anhedonia, a dumbing down of my cognition/processing speed, muscle weakness/stiffness, lower sex drive/erectile disfunction to the point where when i ejaculate nothing comes out, penis shrinkage, bad memory, muscle spasms, a slowing down of my metabolism, high prolactin and weight gain.

I can tell you that at this time my anhedonia has gotten better because 2 months ago i felt suicidal everyday. My cognition is probably a bit better too but only a little bit. I think my body is still too weak to exercise properly and my libido has gotten a bit better. It's hard to get an erection but when i ejaculate more sperm comes out and my orgasm is better but it's still not as good as before. My memory is still bad, the muscle spasms have almost fully gone. My metabolism is still slow and i still have a big appetite and think that i am gaining weight.

I stopped going to see my psychologist and psychiatrist because i realised that they were no help and all they did was depress me more because of how moronic they are. They attributed my anhedonia to psychosis rather than the meds and the fact that i couldn't ejaculate to the fact that i was overthinking it. And one of the psychologists that i saw legit said that invega isn't that bad of an anti-psychotic. They think that it is already out of my system. These morons should have no right to inject me with this shit if they have no idea how it works. I have a feeling that the doctor in the hospital that i was in knew perfectly well how this crap would affect me. He was forcefull that i take the injections and his reasoning for taking the injections instead of the pills was that i would forget to take the pills but there were other patients there who were on pills so clearly the prick was lying. He just seemed sociopathic to me. And what's maddening is the fact that my psychiatrist and psychologist kept acting like the doctor had the right to do that even though there were other meds with less side effects around. If i ever see that doctor around i swear i will beat him up so bad that i will hospitalise him.
Thank you for this in depth response. I am hoping to find an antidepressant or something else that works. I use to be so happy with video games or TV and now I just stare at them blankly. It's like I might as well be watching snails crawl to enjoy my time. Did that get better for you? Can you spend some time online or watching TV or anything recreational and actually enjoy it? I would love to hear from you and others as well on improving and time frames.

Thank you for this in depth response. I am hoping to find an antidepressant or something else that works. I use to be so happy with video games or TV and now I just stare at them blankly. It's like I might as well be watching snails crawl to enjoy my time. Did that get better for you? Can you spend some time online or watching TV or anything recreational and actually enjoy it? I would love to hear from you and others as well on improving and time frames.

I actually enjoy video games and movies more than before, like i said the anhedonia has gotten better. Truth be told i wouldn't bother with antidepressents, my psychiatrist kept telling me to have something but i've seen others on this thread take antidepressents and it not making a difference. Antidepressents have their own side effects and i don't think that you would want anymore side effects than the ones that you have now. Just wait it out. Give it a month or two and i promise it will be more bearable. I can't enjoy drinking or other recreational activities as much as before but i can tell you in all honesty that it is more bearable. Like i see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think of it like this, i am 4 months in, in 4 more months i will be 8 months passed my last injection and will have to wait another 2-4 months, most of the waiting will be gone and in 4 months i will be even better than now. Only issue is that i cannot bother working or going to the gym as i'm unable to. But i do feel better.

After a couple months of my last hospitalization I'm still on abilify but Ive tapered from 30 to 5 mg during the time, trying to be careful. For about a month I was forced haldol orally, had to go to the psych ward every morning and take it from them. Little motivation and cognition, shying away from conversations and feeling hopeless most of the time. But with time I'm gonna be ok as I did after Invega just have to make sure to taper abilify correctly and try not to end up in psych ward again.

Thank you guys so much for responding. I wish I didn't feel this way but at least now I know the reason. You guys have very helpful. I am working thru this, I can't believe there is a medicine that causes this much damage. Does anyone have any other information that might be helpful or know anything I can do to help the anhedonia?

Is anyone else experiencing thoughtlessness?

Of course, I used to not just experience thoughtlessness, but also emotionlessness. While on this drug, you must 'tune' yourself into these things and I am going to post a video that everyone here should be practicing for getting themselves off of this drugs oppressive regimes.

I am not 100% fully recovered, nor am I 100% off the frug, but I am 50% off this drug since I started as well as reduction in other drugs and I am doing exponentially better due to the practices I have done as per the video below.

So please do not neglect it's powers and start doing these exercises today. Grab a pen a a paper and write down your goals, your feelings and who you want to be in the future so you start taking your life towards that direction instead of wasting it away. Be patient.

And to finding colour, this exercise works great if you want to put thoughts in your mind because you will soon see that the thoughts in your mind will be the greatest ones ever.. those of ambition motivation and thinking about how to do better and enhance your life.

Enjoy

I've been experiencing terrible mental problems from coming off of benzos 3 months ago and they haven't gotten better. I feel like I'm going crazy and I have terrible thoughts and weird ones as well. I'm not motivated to do anything and missing out on so much in life right now. I really feel like I'm going crazy though I can't stress that enough. Seeing a doctor soon. She might put me on anti-psych meds. I want to hear everyone's best advice on what I should do

There are many different types of medications to choose from, if you decide to try medications. The side effects of Invega have been unpleasant for myself and others on this thread, but there are more than antipsychotics on the market. There are mood stabilizers, anti-anxiety meds, etc. I myself have just placed a call to my doctor to see if there is something to help with my current distress to get me through this week, and I wish you the best in finding something that works for you. No one is necessarily an expert on what will work best for another, it's more or less a guess and check to see what works and what does not; however, to speak from personal experience, if something is left untreated for too long, it can become worse. Taking action now is certainly a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.