View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 3

depends on dosage, set and setting always has an influence
even for 2c-c and 4-Ho-Met

IME for non-heroic doses with 2c-c and 4-Ho-MET the danger goes asymptotically to zero. Set and Setting are negligible prerequisites.

so you are saying that your mental contents and psychological disposition at the time you trip do not contribute to the psychedelic sequences that occur?

To stay on topic. A good dose of AL-LAD (300ug+) depending on your sensitivity to psychedelics, will need much greater care for set and setting than either 2C-C or 4-HO-MET would but still not as much care for set and setting if you were to be dropping a good dose of LSD.

so you are saying that your mental contents and psychological disposition at the time you trip do not contribute to the psychedelic sequences that occur?

Not if I stay below 30mg insufflated/50mg orally for 2c-c or 20mg 4-HO-MET. I tried those in pretty fucked up set/settings and did not experience bad outcomes. Though 2c-c is in a class of its own in that regard, as 4-HO-MET can be too stimulating for some situations.

Sorry for off-topic. Thanks for the opinion @sean107.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can tell me about muscle tension with AL-LAD. Any comments on overall stimulation, anxiety generation and sleep issues afterwards are much appreciated as well.

Also, dumb question - can blotters be reliably cut in half etc., as in the dose is spread uniformly throughout the blotter?

Thank you.

Tried this compound again at 450ug and was very unimpressed. No real visuals to speak of. Some tracers but that was about it. I was really disappointed because so many people have had amazing visuals with this one. I just may be one of the people that dont respond very well to it. Im going to try 1p-lsd or ALD-52 next time.

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can tell me about muscle tension with AL-LAD. Any comments on overall stimulation, anxiety generation and sleep issues afterwards are much appreciated as well.

Also, dumb question - can blotters be reliably cut in half etc., as in the dose is spread uniformly throughout the blotter?

Thank you.

Yes, the blotters can be cut in half as, at least for the ones I've had that have the molecule and name printed on them, the sheets are soaked, leading to roughly uniform distribution.

I find AL-LAD to no more stimulating than LSD, or perhaps less so. It also lasts shorter, only 4-6 hours with maybe 2 hours of residual, and a much more rapid ability to sleep than LSD. I find it to be extremely warm and friendly, very euphoric with lots of laughs. I can't imagine feeling anxiety from it, at the very beginning of the come-up, I get a grin and feel great. To me, AL-LAD is the 2C-B of lysergamides.

Tried this compound again at 450ug and was very unimpressed. No real visuals to speak of. Some tracers but that was about it. I was really disappointed because so many people have had amazing visuals with this one. I just may be one of the people that dont respond very well to it. Im going to try 1p-lsd or ALD-52 next time.

Are you on SSRI's or any other meds?

Yes, the blotters can be cut in half as, at least for the ones I've had that have the molecule and name printed on them, the sheets are soaked, leading to roughly uniform distribution.

I find AL-LAD to no more stimulating than LSD, or perhaps less so. It also lasts shorter, only 4-6 hours with maybe 2 hours of residual, and a much more rapid ability to sleep than LSD. I find it to be extremely warm and friendly, very euphoric with lots of laughs. I can't imagine feeling anxiety from it, at the very beginning of the come-up, I get a grin and feel great. To me, AL-LAD is the 2C-B of lysergamides.

Well then, I think I'm sold.

I only have a small supply of AL-LAD so I don't want to waste it, but does anyone have experience with micro-dosing with this substance?

I have a bit of experience microdosing it. I found 20-25mg to be the sweet spot for me for the barely-perceptible-but-still-real tweak on a normal headspace. I found it to be very a useful tool at microdose levels!

However if you only have a small supply and don't want to have to replenish it, I'd recommend you save it for actual trips where you get a more full appreciation for it's effects.

What did you find it useful for ? I ingested 35 (quarter blotter) micrograms on top of a medium dose of 2-oxo-PCE and it added a very emotional and pretty euphoric (for that dose) edge to the experience. Never microdosed solo. (In fact that microdosing combo was my one and only experience with al-lad ever).

I found my old post in this B&D about microdosing al-lad: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ead-Part-2?p=12780872&viewfull=1#post12780872

I've been playing around with micro dosing Al-lad. I've found the sweet spot for microdosing (for myself) to be 25ug. At this dose its just more than placebo and just less than tripping, which is where I want to be for microdosing.

18.75ug was borderline placebo, 37.5ug was starting to feel a bit trippy.

I've found Microdosed al-lad to be good for gentle alertness, and a slow but attentive mind that is more flexible than normal, good for stepping out of routine and trying something new.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the report. That helps to estimate the consequences of microdosing AL-LAD (microdosing never worked for me solo, but I do not have much experience, tiny doses of 2c-e just made me agitated a bit and more alert perhaps).

Recently had an experience with a low dose AL-LAD (75 micrograms) + low dose 2-Oxo-PCE (15mg) at t+2h30min. It is now my goto-combo. A very functional insightful state was created. Reminded me of a time when I took spiritual practice very serious. AL-LAD seems to be a perfect fit for my purposes (it does not amplify chronic pain in low doses like many vasoconstricting substances and the duration is short). Pure bliss.

^Agreed, I found combining AL-LAD with o-pcm to be awesome! I was getting like old 8-bit qbert visuals - very blocky!

Did you use full doses of both or just half ones ? I like to have a rather clear mind, which was totally possible on a low dose combo. Not so sure about higher doses.

Well then, I think I'm sold.

Remember any ones experience is just there own and they vary a lot - I find it at least as stimmy as LSD (just in a different way)and can be tense coming down - I also get more like 9-11hrs total off it - it is generally very easy mentally and very well worth trying either way

Do any AL-LAD blotters have a bitter, slightly metallic taste? I ordered some from a trusted vendor, though I did not test them. Anyway, I licked one and it was bitter. Far more so than LSD, but nothing too horrible. Is this normal?