• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VB vs Carlton Draught vs Coopers vs Tooheys vs XXXX vs Pure Blonde (lol) vs Hahn vs..

angeleyes

Bluelight Crew
Oi Pissheads

ahahahahhahahaha nah I'm just kidding, ladies and gentlemen of Bluelight, I would like to discuss our Aussie beers, on how and why you like them

Is it froffy cold? Is it brought out to you on the veranda by a hot young thing in a bikini? Or is it brought out to you under the pergola instead?

Cairns_Australia_Beer_Run.jpg

Discuss

Coopers Pale Ale was my beer for a number of years. Loved it on tap, and always found it wasn't as nice out of a stubby.

I think I will buy ice over the new years period to have a few at home. Exceedingly worth the extra effort and loose change keeping beer on ice.

Consistently drank VB on tap when I started drinking at the pub.

I like supporting Australian farmers and businesses, but I am not sure I ever thought too much about that with booze. Worth making the point.

:)

Coopers pale is mint, but heaps of places won't turn the keg and the sediment will just sit there real badly. I used to work in a pub, Coopers would tell us the best way to enjoy the pale ale would be to turn em upside down once I get them into the cool room from delivery, then when I chuck em on tap flip em over and the sediment will sink nice for a good day then handle 2 more then a good overnight flip. Toooooeeeeasy.

VB on tap is mint but I'm not seeing it as much anymore which is a shame bc it is one of Australia's greatest beverages IMO :D

Personally I don't enjoy beer in general, though Toohey's Extra Dry or Hahn Super Dry go down alright. Prefer ciders if I'm drinking 'that kind' of alcohol (if I'm drinking at all - didn't touch a drop for almost 2 years, traded for weed lol)

When I first started drinking beers at the pub I was always on the Coopers Pale Ales. :) Then a friend got me onto VB on tap and I haven't looked back since, ha.

I usually only buy Super Dry for when I'm drinking at home or at a mates, a party etc. Love wetting the whistle with a James Boags too, and other Tassie beers like Cascade.. (Anybody here tried Moo Brew?) Can't say I've ever been into Tooheys New too much but I'll drink it if it's the only thing going. Never even tried 4X, for some reason I've never thought I'd like it..

Chowing down Coronas tonight yeeeeee

Local nightclub does not contain Coopers though, I think if anything 3 different types of beers... fairly sure a shit selection, but thats what happens with 1/8th of the crowd drinks. Keen to report back on how this beer recon mission goes. =D

Support my local brew shop. It might not be fancy, but At least I know what is in my beer.

Wow that looks great!

Ended up heading out last night to the local nightclub as you do rarely on a Saturday night when it's still 30 degrees you know, their Heineken and Coronas had both been taken into hot then cold temperatures repeatedly so it tasted like absolute shit it was shocking, ended up on the JD no coke play it safe can't really fuck that one up you know, their selection was shocking but the tunes were mint and it was a good weekend %)

What's all this cider you see on tap these days? I swear when I started drinking there was a VB tap, a New tap and a XXXX Gold tap.

I saw this afternoon that one bar (a small secondary bar) had about 10 choices. The main bar probably has twice that many. Sheesh.

This place offers only 3 apart from their 'home brew' which I've heard is terrible as well, bottle selection is two fridges worth. Pretty shit compared to what you had there!

At the other local there's a bit of cider but that's a pub, need to start going to the pub more I reckon but they're not making it cheap :/ they should make it cheaper for regulars

I got my drink for free actually. It was a middy of Coke though. That's cheap, and a good locals price :)

I only spent five minutes looking at that site but I'm pretty sure it's satire, right? :)

VB STANDS GLORIOUSLY AMONG THE TOP RANKERS

any contradictions is heresy

Matsou brewery out o WA make a good ginger beer
I recently used asa chaser
it's not strong enough to drink
but the %ginger market is sad + fucked
so its good but riddick ovpriced ;
Shame caus good gb is fk awesome -

They make a chilli beer too
which is actually good
normally flav beers shit me
but it goes great asa chaser fo mezcal.

Holy crap!

Where's all the craft beer fans?

I can't drink mainstream beer anymore, bar a couple, but there's a few 'mass produced Australian' beers I can session on.

Enjoy the taste of those mainstreamers? no.

I can have a few coopers pale/sparkling on the odd occasion, but, again, not that enjoyable. There's not much flavour going on in the beers mentioned above, apart from those funny dudes at Matsou....

The craft beer scene is growing, and with it, the prices are becoming more affordable. I'd rather pay for some quality over quantity in this category.

Give me something with hops, malt, deccent water and a good yeast strain, over watered down malt extract combined with hop extract. :|

Last edited:
Matsou brewery out o WA make a good ginger beer
I recently used asa chaser
it's not strong enough to drink
but the %ginger market is sad + fucked
so its good but riddick ovpriced ;
Shame caus good gb is fk awesome -

They make a chilli beer too
which is actually good
normally flav beers shit me
but it goes great asa chaser fo mezcal.

I've heard of their ginger beer- been pretty keen to give it a try but haven't gotten around to it yet. Same goes for chilli beer but I never see it anywhere.

You wanna talk about flavoured beers?! BANANA BREAD BEER!
I've had it a couple of times recently and I was actually really surprised at how tasty it is! Cant have too many of them though- good for a couple at the end of the day to relax with though.

banana-bread-bottle-and-glass.jpg

Holy crap!

Where's all the craft beer fans?

I'm a fan- Can't drink as much of them as the regulars but I'm always down to try something new. One of my locals always has new crafties on tap (actually cheaper than the mainstreams?!) but I can never remember their names as it changes every week.. I never know what to go for in the bottleo so is there anything that stands out to you that you would recommend?