• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VB vs Carlton Draught vs Coopers vs Tooheys vs XXXX vs Pure Blonde (lol) vs Hahn vs..

I 'used' to like a drink.

But, as what happens with my 'addictive personality', I end up ruining it for myself by over abuse....

Ugly side effects become more apparent than the pleasure......

That's not to say anyone else can't show moderation straight up, it just took me a while to catch on, maybe too long......

Whats that saying? 'young, dumb and....... something else'......

Last edited:
For me alcohol is a food not a drug. I wouldn't classify cannabis as a serious drug either. That's not to say that people don't have a problem with either, just as people become addicted to energy drinks or coffee.

In my experience most alcoholics become annoying drunks long before they are addicts.

I have a problem with beers with too many flavour additives. I like the Bavarian Purity Laws, no fruit or herbs and spices in my beer please.

The fruits and spices are more for the Christmas beer ime. Special occasions. Don't expect liquid gold with them though, it's about opening your palate up to new things/ideas. And food matching, I suppose.

Beers to share with a few good people, and so you don't get stuck drinking 700mls of nutmeg spiced pumpkin ale ;( .

In my experience most alcoholics become annoying drunks long before they are addicts.

Sure they wernt arseholes before they started? Or did the egg come before the chicken?

But yeah, deffinelty with you on the Bavarian laws, you can create millions of different styles with those laws, and some fantastic beers.

Last edited:
The fruits and spices are more for the Christmas beer ime. Special occasions. Don't expect liquid gold with them though, it's about opening your palate up to new things/ideas. And food matching, I suppose.

Beers to share with a few good people, and so you don't get stuck drinking 700mls of nutmeg spiced pumpkin ale ;( .

Sure they wernt arseholes before they started? Or did the egg come before the chicken?

But yeah, deffinelty with you on the Bavarian laws, you can create millions of different styles with those laws, and some fantastic beers.

undoubtedly the same argument as that with steroids and aggression :p

Trus me they were to be gin with.

Pikes make superior treasoning;
when u sauce where do u?
~~~

Pikes make superior treasoning;
when u sauce where do u?
~~~

I drink your case.

Both these made me laugh out loud, and again now typing this. Glorious puns.

And Klue, I have no issues with this thread being in this social. I just like to point out to people that 'ethanol'. Is. A. Drug.

No problem :)

Taste, flavour and enjoyment of trying new beers fits well here, talking about getting wasted doesn't suit IMO.

In this thread, or in Aus social in general? :)

It's good you can buy beer in single bottles. Half the reason I never wanted to try new beers is because if you didn't like it, you're stuck drinking the other five or twenty three that you don't really want to.

what are you dolebludgers talking about? quit sniffing petrol and get back to work

and then have a beer heres cheers =D

Made the thread in here because I thought it'd be nice for Aus social to get a bit more activity, it'd be siqqqq to get this place going again, you go back a few pages and there was lots of activity then idk, not so much? But this is sick like look already people are talking, yeeee sick mate sick, subwoofer

Doleblugers??

Nar, I was working.....every post by me, in this thread, was written at work (yes, my boss isn't a fan of me, well some days.)

And a few pages? There's only 2, this being the second. Whoops, sorry, I just created the third, I lied, sorry.

Like I said, no issues with me for it's place.

And yeah, more traffic = more fun.

Sorry if my posts in this thread seem a tad negative. But Carlton United Breweries and Lion Nathan can go suck a dick. Support local Aussie craft breweries.

Last edited:
Working hard chopping that mix I'm sure ;)

The actual structural cylinder of the Carlton United kegs can eat dicks because they're drastically smaller and require more frequent changing, stack v badly too

Lion is a winner but :) Are you a fan of the craft scene Captain? I just find that most of the variety I've come across has been much more expensive so it just leads me to go to the standards, just haven't found many situations recently where if I want to have beer and savour it, usually just slam them down, and the drink of choice is of course VB

Nar, boss hates me being stoned at work, plus my productivity drops. And I use a coffee grinder, I work a lot of hours, so effiecincy is a key role in my life atm.

You know they brew VB to massively high alcohol gravitys? Then water it down? I don't even think they use actual 'grain' but grain extract, same with thier hopping, all extracts. Not Mother Natures intent for this drink.

Mass production, if it's done to make a quick buck, the quality is horrendous.

With slogans like 'double hopped!' And 'brewery fresh', wtf does that even mean? You double hopped it, um, when? Two hops? Different hops, or the same? just used at different times through brewing? Oh, wait, you double dry-hopped it? With two hops? Confused?

Their slogans make no sense to someone who knows the process of brewing beer.

Have a look at what brewing company's CUB and lion Nathan own. Capitalist, monopolist money grabbing arseholes, that care more about money, then selling the public quality.

Their 'best' slogan: 'made from beer' WTF? Certainly hope so...

Buuuut these watered down beers have been apart of Australian culture for years, that's why so many people like them, but it's changing, like I said, Australia's beer consumption has dropped, that's the big name brands were talking here. Whilst the small microbreweries are booming, popping up everywhere.

And when buying craft Australian beer, keep in mind that they pay the same ridiculous alcohol taxes that the big dudes do to (it's nearly %50 of their profit, I have no issues with huge taxes on alcohol, but for something that OTW considers food, this is bs). Small wineries don't. This needs to change to help the move from cold, unflavoured beer, to quality, up to the standards of any big time brewing country, and to be more cost effective to us. We have the capabilities, but an ignorant government.

Craft beer is an art, if I could create the flavours of Belgium beers without the alcohol content, I'd be one happy bugger. I think of it more like a specialty trade, like woodwork, enjoying the final product and being proud of it. Trust me, CUB and lion Nathan, are proud of their cash.

Last edited:
Sorry for the second, but it irealivent to my last, I know there's a difference from CUB kegs to Lion Nathan. I don't deal with them as much these days.

@angeleyes Could you tell me which ones need to be turned, say, 90deg before pushing down on the tappler? Dem the ones I had troubles with (and sometimes still do). I like the straight slide across once, then push down on the coupler, much easier and quicker. But again, my memory's vague on it all, I never paid too much attention because I honestly think their fat cat, cash wankers.

And as far as I know you can get them both in 50L. Not full with the stuff, but empty and ready to be cleaned and filled, seconds I guess? sold off to other breweries, some seem fairly old.

If your beer of choice, on tap at the local, doesn't taste up to scratch, ask the staff how often they clean the beer lines. It needs to be done once, properly, weekly (depending on demand I supoose). Look at that before blaming other issues. And if I bar tender won't serve you something that's on the taps because it's 'not pouring right' or 'something wrong', the main issue, is the bar tender....

Last edited:
No offense captain but a lot of the time I read your posts they are aggressive towards other people. No problem with passion you know, but its that kind of attitude from people which stopped me from coming to bluelight so often. Just food for thought.

No what I mean is I enjoy your posts + sensitivity.

Cptn is jus cranky caus he can't drink as much as he wants to...
...cut him slack...imo're:

Ima bout 2 move up 2 some heavier liq my beer is for end so has no place itt.

I'm at least waiting until the first over of the cricket before my first beer on this fine Saturday captain.

That's not to say I haven't rolled myself a fine breakfast spliff

you see that i bus driver gettin harpy'd by those orcas?

restraint = valor

Enjoy +

No offense captain but a lot of the time I read your posts they are aggressive towards other people. No problem with passion you know, but its that kind of attitude from people which stopped me from coming to bluelight so often. Just food for thought.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll take it on board, life issues have left me a tad touchy lately, I'll try avoid the negativity. Does it really show that much? I thought id been nice to someone, somewhere on this site?

I suppose my passionate ways, turned a tad agressive. I never want or intend to stop people from posting on BL, complete opposite really.

But yes, food for my thought.

No what I mean is I enjoy your posts + sensitivity.

Cptn is jus cranky caus he can't drink as much as he wants to...
...cut him slack...imo're:

Ima bout 2 move up 2 some heavier liq my beer is for end so has no place itt.

Lol. I like a drink, in social settings, but it's not really enjoyed in terms of the 'high', just taste (that don't occur as much theses days, and usually only two-three drinks, obviously combined with my DOC) but I'm only using my DOC atm....

Geez, if I went back to my old drinking days, probably take three hours before a perma ban....

I'm at least waiting until the first over of the cricket before my first beer on this fine Saturday captain.

That's not to say I haven't rolled myself a fine breakfast spliff

Top form!

Last edited: