• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

VB vs Carlton Draught vs Coopers vs Tooheys vs XXXX vs Pure Blonde (lol) vs Hahn vs..

^ that's the trick. You don't drink them to get drunk, drink it to enjoy the flavour. So yeah, you drink less and become more responsible with your alcohol intake.

And Australia's catching up with the rest of the world. Anyone notice how mainstream beer company's are trying 'new tactics' with what their creating?

Australia's beer consumption dropped somewhat, in the last three years, but they don't mention that the craft beer scene has boomed and us Australians are consuming more, a lot more. Woolies snatched up Gage Roads brewery a few years back, they could see whats happening. But once these company's take over the small breweries, the beer turns quite average, due to 'mass production' no more specialty small batch brewing happening there anymore.

Capitalism jumped onto the Australian beer scene very early, my old man used to say 'back in my day there were three choices, red, blue or green' (depending on brand, and it's not hard to work out what colours represent each beer). Massive market for three beers, so let's pump this shit out quickly. The trend seemed to stick around for years. But things are slowly changing.

Ps. Alcohols a drug, whats this thread doing in this forum?

Last edited:
^ that's the trick. You don't drink them to get drunk, drink it to enjoy the flavour.

This is why I don't do the 'casual drinking' thing, like a drink or two here and there with lunch etc. Given the (minor, depending on perspective) health drawbacks to having alcohol in your body, I see absolutely no point in consuming an alcoholic drink if not for the purpose of becoming intoxicated to a decent degree. If I'm drinking it for the taste, I'll drink something non-alcoholic.

But that's just me, being a little bit of a fitness nut :p

^ I hope I sensed sarcasm in that first line you wrote....

This is why I don't do the 'casual drinking' thing, like a drink or two here and there with lunch etc. Given the (minor, depending on perspective) health drawbacks to having alcohol in your body, I see absolutely no point in consuming an alcoholic drink if not for the purpose of becoming intoxicated to a decent degree. If I'm drinking it for the taste, I'll drink something non-alcoholic.

But that's just me, being a little bit of a fitness nut :p

Well being a fitness nut, binge drinking's worse for you than the occasional beer with a meal....

The high from getting drunk is horrible for me, nearly feels like a deliriant.

The minor buzz from one beers enough for me. Keep hammering them and I regret it, big time, for me, not the same issue with many other drugs.

Yes, alcohol is a drug. Nothing more to it, except top flavour if you choose it.

Last edited:
Huh? Please elaborate on that one.

You being serious?

Would you prefer me call it ethanol? And some posters in this thread are talking about getting 'drunk', 'intoxicated'. What else intoxicates you? Of course you'd want something with no flavour and so cold you can't taste the actual beer, if this is what your aiming for (intoxication). Makes for easy, quick, and plentiful drinking, to get, well, drunk.....

And to the OP, the only thing from the OP pic that could touch my lips is coopers, but again, boring after one IMO/IME.

Last edited:
All cool

I don't care what you call it it's still a drink.

Aus social has had threads about alcohol for the entire eight years I have been posting in here.

I don't care what you call it it's still a drink.

So are my psilosybin teas. With chamomile of course.

Simply a drink........?

And Klue, I have no issues with this thread being in this social. I just like to point out to people that 'ethanol'. Is. A. Drug.

Wish someone explained it to me as a younging, would have stopped my early 20's alcoholism, it was brutal. People made out it's all fun and games, but it can get you into trouble with that attitude.

Taste, flavour and enjoyment of trying new beers fits well here, talking about getting wasted doesn't suit IMO.

Last edited:
Yes and no....I should've elaborated to say as a result of this mindset, I pretty much don't drink. Ever. But more or less I meant something along the lines of getting drunk once every 2 months, and zero alcohol consumption in between. I broke an almost-23-month absolute sobriety (from alcohol) stint just in September, and have only drank on 2 occasions since then...only managing tipsy on the second occasion with the assistance of diazepam lol

nothing simple about it.

but drinking is fun +
games.

Until you need it to get out of bed, to stop you from having a seizure.

That really sounds like fun and games, hey?

Yes and no....I should've elaborated to say as a result of this mindset, I pretty much don't drink. Ever. But more or less I meant something along the lines of getting drunk once every 2 months, and zero alcohol consumption in between. I broke an almost-23-month absolute sobriety (from alcohol) stint just in September, and have only drank on 2 occasions since then...only managing tipsy on the second occasion with the assistance of diazepam lol

Understandable.

I too get 'wasted' at times, very infrequently and generally for bad reasons.

Being 'socially accepted' and 'legal' don't mean much to me..... Doesn't sit well, if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:
tbh I have dt experience

but it would be untrue to say drinkin is not f+g

uppin the vodka shot atm;
need to increase pace

All rec drugs are fun and games at the beginning......

It's just human luck that the alcohol 'honeymoon' period seems to last longer. And is slightly more forgiving.

All in all. It can turn to a drug of dependence.

I rest my case.......

And when I talk flavour, I don't mean putting bizarre random shite into it.
I mean, quality base malts, specialty malts, oats perhaps for good mouth feel, and a range of great new Australian, American and New Zealand hops (the newly created hops from these country's promote massively amazing flavours.) some of the old school hops work well too, at the right amount....

Last edited:
I drink your case.

Now cachaça I prefer the cheaper ones they have more character as a spirit I think it benefits from lack of overwork

Well, you'll never know, until you delve deeper into the new world of beer.

Or I should say, as Australia catches up with the rest of the world (ie. Germany, America etc etc).