• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I did Kratom for the first time and if its not too soon to say, it's my new favorite drug.... Anyways, my method of ingestion is what I used to do with powdered shrooms. I melt Hershey's milk chocolate (u can even add/use peanut butter or cookies) then I let the chocolate cool a bit so it's still a liquid but not hot, add the Kratom and mix. I used 4 Hershey's squares and 1 tablespoon of Kali maeng da. And it almost masked the taste completely.

I became giddy yet didn't feel f'd up. Although my friend said I looked fucked up... We're gonna split 3 tablespoons on Friday.

Also i thought of using my keurig to make tea one day.

My questions are am I doing anything to lose potency with the chocolate because I'm surprised no one mentions making kratom sweets (I've heard apple sauce). Also what's the advantages and disadvantages of making tea? Thanks.

My experience with Kratom is pretty limited as I only ever use it to keep the WDs out or as something to throw on top of my DOC. However, I have a really bad trip report from my last use of it.

I've only had 3 different brands of Kratom, all acquired from head shops(I know). The first is an extract; I've always had good experiences with this one. Actually strong opiate type of feel, relaxation and very little negative side effects. The second brand isn't bad, but nothing like the extract. It'll take away 95% of the withdrawal and give me a slight buzz but usually gives me a nasty headache. Now the third brand is the one that made me sick. It's actually local to my state according to their website and is on the cheaper side. I got their mix of all strains. I took 10 grams followed by another 5 grams half an hour later. Everything went well for the first 60 minutes or so, but then things started to get unpleasant. First I became very light headed/dizzy like never before in my life. About 10 minutes later my vision began to trail as I would move my head. Rapid heart beat accompanied by nausea, eye twitching and inability to walk without fear of falling followed shortly after. My overall state was awful, it was "pray for it to to end" bad. To add to the fun, I started having panic attacks as I'm prone to them. Not knowing what to do I barely wobbled over to the medicine cabinet and took some Benadryl and Phenobarbitol. Very slowly things started to get better. Altogether, it took about 2.5-3 hours to recover back to baseline. I am now afraid to take any Kratom at all.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this happened? I've had my share of getting high gone wrong instances but this was just monstrous and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Just like booze, you can overdo it with kratom. You took a high dose. It's possible it has synthetics in it (head shop...) or that it was just a strong batch. Last night I took some white vein from a reliable vendor and it was about twice as strong as their other strains. My girlfriend, who has a reputation for being able to handle high doses of everything, said she was gonna take less next time. I have literally never heard such a thing from her. She could not stand. This was from a trustworthy vendor so I don't suspect it's got added chemicals or anything. Sometimes you just get a fresher batch, sometimes changing strains (especially away from extracts) results in stronger results, even set and setting play a role I think. Kratom is more complex than I think a lot of people here realize. It's not a one note experience like the opioid medications it's frequently compared to. It's more like weed, in my experience. Not psychedelic, but more... interesting than oxy or hydro or whatever.

I do get anxiety from kratom sometimes and I just take a benzo and/or lay down and relax. Works every time.

Does anyone else feel majorly tired the day after Kratom use.? I was so tired I took a long nap after work...although I didn't need my prescribed klonopin today for the first time in a year (I get panic attacks and anxiety but the krAtom afterglow made it go away,

Kratom has consistently given me a relaxed euphoria with a pleasant night's sleep, provided it's high quality stuff. I've had a couple of shitty batches that did nothing for me, but I've never experienced any stimulant effects. Peoples' experiences vary widely, but maybe the fact that I'm an opiate addict has something to do with my experiences with kratom very much resembling an opiate high.

Does anyone else feel majorly tired the day after Kratom use.? I was so tired I took a long nap after work...although I didn't need my prescribed klonopin today for the first time in a year (I get panic attacks and anxiety but the krAtom afterglow made it go away,

I usually feel energized and upbeat the next day. Depends on the strain, though.

Does anyone feel like when they take plain leaf they are often frustrated in that they keep wanting to feel more high and redosing without ever quite getting to wherehtey want to be??

Sometimes it happens to me and sometimes it doesn't.

Depending on the day I may be totally satisfied with my high all day or I might be chasing it all day long like today.

Could it be that because I took UEI extract last Saturday and Sunday that my tolerance is higher now even though I only did it 2 days?

And if that's the case then will my tolerance go down a bit since I don't have any more extract life but will only be taking plain leaf??

What do people here tend to do when they can't reach the Kratom high they want??

I've been drinking grapefruit juice but it doesn't increase the high that much I've found, maybe just a little bit.

Has anyone else found any other potentiators to work well for Kratom?

I don't struggle to get to where I want to be. Sometimes I undershoot, and I just take more next time. Nicotine, weed, and benzos all synergize beautifully with kratom. Booze doesn't, but it's a decent combo, essentially just adding its own effects.

It's hard to explain but it's like sometimes I am satisfied and other times I feel I just can't get high enough and I get REALLY irritable.

I've heard people talk about the irritability produced by Opiates before and I get it with Kratom.

However, it hadn't occurred last week with the UEI.

I guess I probably like the UEI a little better because it doesn't have a ceiling like plain leaf but it also doesn't have the same well rounded high as plain leaf which at it's best I love.

I guess I either need another drug to syngergize with it or just wait till the next day and see if it will be one of those days where I can reach my sweet spot.

Now the third brand is the one that made me sick. It's actually local to my state according to their website and is on the cheaper side. I got their mix of all strains. I took 10 grams followed by another 5 grams half an hour later. Everything went well for the first 60 minutes or so, but then things started to get unpleasant. First I became very light headed/dizzy like never before in my life. About 10 minutes later my vision began to trail as I would move my head. Rapid heart beat accompanied by nausea, eye twitching and inability to walk without fear of falling followed shortly after. My overall state was awful, it was "pray for it to to end" bad. To add to the fun, I started having panic attacks as I'm prone to them. Not knowing what to do I barely wobbled over to the medicine cabinet and took some Benadryl and Phenobarbitol. Very slowly things started to get better. Altogether, it took about 2.5-3 hours to recover back to baseline.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to what caused such a horrible Kratom experience for me? Anyone with a similar or partially similar experience?

The full post is on page 34, but above is the sum of what happened.

Does anyone else have any ideas as to what caused such a horrible Kratom experience for me? Anyone with a similar or partially similar experience?

Sounds like an overdose to me.

How much did you take?

Was this your first time taking Kratom?

I took 15 grams total. It's not my first Kratom use. I've had extracts before that and I enjoyed them very much. This was plain leaf Kratom. I've had different brand leaf Kratom before as well and while I didn't get stoned I didn't have any crazy bad experiences

I'm a regular opiate user with a moderate/high tolerance.

Did you not see my response?

I have been thoroughly experimenting with Kratom for about a year, and I find it to be a life-changing herb. I'm a business owner, and I always have to be highly cognitive, aware, social, etc. and Kratom is quite possibly the most pro-social substance I have ever consumer. Here are a few of my tips:

-Try to limit use to 2-3 x per week MAX. Tolerance with Kratom builds quickly and all you need is 24-48 hours of Abstinence to be right back to ground zero with your tolerance.

-Stay away from the extracts and enhanced blends. Stick with the crushed plain leaf Kratom. The extracts will cause withdrawal that is highly uncomfortable and unique.

-Make sure to mix, cycle, strains so you can still achieve desired effects.

-Find your ceiling dose and stick to it. I find that i require 14 grams of crushed leaf powder for full benefits.

I have been thoroughly experimenting with Kratom for about a year, and I find it to be a life-changing herb. I'm a business owner, and I always have to be highly cognitive, aware, social, etc. and Kratom is quite possibly the most pro-social substance I have ever consumer. Here are a few of my tips:

-Try to limit use to 2-3 x per week MAX. Tolerance with Kratom builds quickly and all you need is 24-48 hours of Abstinence to be right back to ground zero with your tolerance.

-Stay away from the extracts and enhanced blends. Stick with the crushed plain leaf Kratom. The extracts will cause withdrawal that is highly uncomfortable and unique.

-Make sure to mix, cycle, strains so you can still achieve desired effects.

-Find your ceiling dose and stick to it. I find that i require 14 grams of crushed leaf powder for full benefits.

How often did you do extracts before they caused you to go into withdrawal?

I like them and would like to be able to take extracts sometimes, maybe even once a week if I could actually afford to do so.

Do you think extracts can be taken once a week or once every couple weeks along with plain leaf a seperate one or two days a week while still avoiding withdrawal?

How often did you do extracts before they caused you to go into withdrawal?

I like them and would like to be able to take extracts sometimes, maybe even once a week if I could actually afford to do so.

Do you think extracts can be taken once a week or once every couple weeks along with plain leaf a seperate one or two days a week while still avoiding withdrawal?

It's all subjective and there are too many variables that come into play for me to give a concrete answer. In my experience, I believe the extracts can be taken once a week without a horrible experience upon cessation.

Status
Not open for further replies.