• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you guys...

I was a pretty heavy opiate user on and off for like 10 years with suboxone. I just recently completely cleaned up, I've got like 2 weeks clean with no subs, no nothing.

I've never tried Kratom before. I'm wondering, if I were to get some and do it, would I end up with withdrawals a day or two later as I would if I went back to oxy/dope? I haven't done much research on Kratom, not sure how it works in the brain.

Question for you guys...

I was a pretty heavy opiate user on and off for like 10 years with suboxone. I just recently completely cleaned up, I've got like 2 weeks clean with no subs, no nothing.

I've never tried Kratom before. I'm wondering, if I were to get some and do it, would I end up with withdrawals a day or two later as I would if I went back to oxy/dope? I haven't done much research on Kratom, not sure how it works in the brain.

It works with mu receptors and acts as an opiate but isn't in the poppy family. I've heard of people getting WDs but nothing compared to the other pain killers

You might want to stay clean longer before you try kratom. I've heard of it sort of kick starting withdrawals from previous addiction. I don't know how legit that is, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. Kratom withdrawals are nothing much in comparison, but there may be a compounding effect so soon after getting clean.

I agree most of the 'strains' are just marketing, especially the ones that sound like super bomb bali blend or some such shit. I do see a physical difference of appearance when ordering different strains from the vendor I use so I know it's not complete bullshit. However like you said pbuilder they all basically do the same thing for me at the end of the day. I've never really found Kratom to be sedating, but some are better for chilling on the couch versus working. I just got some red Borneo instead of the red Maeng Da and there is a difference in appearance for sure and I find the red Borneo to be more stimulating.

thats weird, borneo red is supposed to be less stimulating. I've had a very sedating borneo red from one vendor (however this was like a year ago before I built a much much larger tolerance to opiates), however it never caused me to nod or anything like that. It's not respiratorally sedating, like you said it's more of just a calmness and I can lay in bed and chill and watch netflix and smoke some weed and be relaxed you know. That is true, the strains do have different colors, so it can't be all bullshit and there are subtle differences, but it's all so similar, it's like, why pay x amount for maeng da when I can get this khalimantan for half the price you know, I never really found any kratom to be twice as good as another or worth 2x the money that's for sure. But I still order from reputable vendors to not get bunk shit. I've also always stayed away from maeng da becaue I opt for the most sedating strains, but I'll have to try some maeng da red vein, always thought it was only a green vein strain for some reason.

Haven't tried extracts and never plan on it, heard they are bad news.

^Keep up the good fight and yeah definitely stay away from those extracts. The only time I had a real run with them it was about a week of solid dosing (UEI/FST) and at the end of the run I shot 120mg of oxycodone and NOPE. Nothing - I was shocked. They were real blues roxy 30's too inb4 don't shoot pills ;) I've tapered my kratom over the past two weeks from an ounce a day to 10 grams per day, I'm feeling rough at times but it's what I need to do - we'll get through!

I don't think extracts are bad news if you only use them once or twice a week, but if more than that I could see why they would be.

I think its crazy in aus that kratom is illegal I mean seriously?

This has happened very predictably since Ive been taking it with less and less days in between to the point the last few times its been as crap as taking valerian root. I tried to increase the dose to get the old effects but it didnt work. It just made me feel fuzzy and not in a good way just like a blunted mist or fog in my perception.

Going only 2 days in between uses really blunted it off.

So Im taking a break now and looking at other siminlar herbs to fill the void and complement kratom once I can back into its -hopefully by then- loving arms. Its like a friend you have seen to much and gotten sick of their company :( you need some time apart.

Does anyone feel like when they take plain leaf they are often frustrated in that they keep wanting to feel more high and redosing without ever quite getting to wherehtey want to be??

Sometimes it happens to me and sometimes it doesn't.

Depending on the day I may be totally satisfied with my high all day or I might be chasing it all day long like today.

Could it be that because I took UEI extract last Saturday and Sunday that my tolerance is higher now even though I only did it 2 days?

And if that's the case then will my tolerance go down a bit since I don't have any more extract life but will only be taking plain leaf??

What do people here tend to do when they can't reach the Kratom high they want??

I've been drinking grapefruit juice but it doesn't increase the high that much I've found, maybe just a little bit.

Has anyone else found any other potentiators to work well for Kratom?

I've been using Kratom again for the past few weeks for opiate addiction. It works so well and it's so non intrusive to your life. KRATOM in my opinion would be better than methadone by any standards. Less addiction, less compulsive...
I sometimes get my born red vain and it's much more stimulating than a white vein. Then again I get some red vain batches that I have HAD TO lie down for because the sedation and nausea is too much. It's definitely all about the batch potency. I've went through an entire 23g bag in a day and then there were times where I only had to take as much as 8g.

I don't think extracts are bad news if you only use them once or twice a week, but if more than that I could see why they would be.

There bad news if your trying to use kratom to get rid of a habit or want to use kratom daily without awful withdrawals. Regular leaf has neglible withdrawals at the 24 hour mark for me if I don't dose another 5 grams, but it's just the slight sniffles and lethargy. I've heard horror withdrawal stories when someone gets really hooked to extract, and naturally, they are going to be more addictive in nature.

I've been using Kratom again for the past few weeks for opiate addiction. It works so well and it's so non intrusive to your life. KRATOM in my opinion would be better than methadone by any standards. Less addiction, less compulsive...
I sometimes get my born red vain and it's much more stimulating than a white vein. Then again I get some red vain batches that I have HAD TO lie down for because the sedation and nausea is too much. It's definitely all about the batch potency. I've went through an entire 23g bag in a day and then there were times where I only had to take as much as 8g.

I agree. The really amazing thing with kratom is that LESS IS MORE, so it's completely not compulsive in nature as far as redosing goes. Also, I have no issues at all with constipation or the majority of side effects I'd be dealing with while using real opiates, especially methadone! I never think about my next dose of kratom in the hours after taking it, I guess because it's taken orally there is no real "fiend" to it. But I would think about my next shot 10 minutes after shooting up. And it would be the only thing on my mind, watching the clock, waiting a few hours so I could get another rush.

There bad news if your trying to use kratom to get rid of a habit or want to use kratom daily without awful withdrawals. Regular leaf has neglible withdrawals at the 24 hour mark for me if I don't dose another 5 grams, but it's just the slight sniffles and lethargy. I've heard horror withdrawal stories when someone gets really hooked to extract, and naturally, they are going to be more addictive in nature.

Yeah I get that for sure.

I only use Kratom 3 times a week max so I guess if you can keep an extract to once or twice a week it's ok but if not I can see why that would be a problem.

Kava isn't banned here at all only in high certain high aboriginal areas

We can get all the codiene we want here in aus but kratom is black banned ! Go figure ...joke

Status
Not open for further replies.