• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS I Just Need To Post vs Welcome To the Fluffy Side

Lol nowt wrong in wearing nightgown in garden :)

Sunrise, sorry to hear about the MDMA going wromg. Good luck with the break though.

Evey

Thanks Evey.
On reflection, i may have had some mild effects of serotonin sydndrome, i was going from severe sweating through to shivering, quite tight in the chest, chronic headache.
Now that iv'e had a few hours sleep im feeling ok today.
Walked and played with my dog for a few hours, in between watching sport on the tv with my dog curled up next to me on the lounge, its hard to depressed today when your dog is by your side :)
Heading down to the supermarket to grab some ingredients to cook a healthy dinner to help recover a bit more, hope you all had a good day today.

Sorry to hear that herbavore, do you think you will get another dog in the future?
We have only had ours for about 3 months so far, she was a rescue dog from the pound so were trying to give her a good life as she wasn't cared for properly by here previous owners as a puppy.
I feel as though pets are a natural antidepressant, the love they show is infectious.

I still have two wonderful cats (both getting older now) but I have promised myself that when they are gone--no more pets for a while. The reason for that is that I want to travel for weeks, months or years at a time if I can and I won't leave if I have pets. But when I can't travel anymore first thing on the list is one dog and one kitten from a rescue shelter to be raised together. I love having both cats and dogs in my life. I've never actually lived without pets except for very brief times in my life. I come from parents that were both animal lovers and they raised three more, me being one of them.:)

I love my cats like my children (they're a bit over 10 years old and I've had them the whole time), but the one thing that sucks is that if I want to travel I have to pay someone to come cat sit once a day. I got my friend to do it recently for $10/day but it still limits me to a week or two at the most to be able to be gone. And that's only if he's around at that time.

Sounds like an awesome Idea for when you have finished travelling.

Kinda have the same issue, planning on going away for roughly 4 weeks in July and getting a friend to stay at out place and look after the dog.

4 weeks was kind of our limit to be away from her too, we would of liked to have gone for 3 months but can't really leave her for that long.

My partner now is experiencing signs of depression which she hasn't in the past, crying for no reason this afternoon, it seems to have been brought on by a situation a few weeks ago.

She's going to start taking St. John's wort tomorrow and book in to see her doctor and try to find a counsellor for some sessions.
She supported me by just being there when I had a major depressive episode the year before last so I want to return the favour and give her some tips that helped me.

Took her and the dog down to walk along the beach on sunset to clear her head a bit so she could relax, her anxiety is also quite intense but has been a part of her for a long time so she controls is ok.

Anyone have any other tips when dealing with a depressed partner? Not a lot anyone said helped me at times due to the depression, I don't want to push her away by smothering her with too much advice either.

^Hard as it can be, stepping back and giving her space to go through it is probably best, while continuing to show both love and concern. Tall order, I realize. But like your instincts told you (and your experience) depression really is a solo gig. You can distract and cheer and otherwise temporarily make a person feel better but depression is something deep wanting to be heard and it is only the person experiencing it that can summon the courage to hear whatever her life is trying to scream at her.

Depressions can be transformed through meditation but there is nothing quite as awful as having someone suggest that to you when you are in the midst of one if you have no prior experience with it. If she has ever tried meditation and benefited from it, you could always try suggesting that you do it together at a certain time because motivation is the toughest thing when you are depressed.

I recommend this book a lot because it helped me during a very hard time: When Things Fall Apart, by Pema Chodron. Here is another book I found but have not tried:The Mindful Way Workbook

some people really pissed me off today

I'm feeling feeling very angry

having a lot of negative thoughts, stuff like self-harm, etc, trying not to let it get the best of me

Thanks herbavore, I'll check that book out.
I have experience with meditation as it was one of my tools to help overcome my darker times, I'm sure she will be open to give it a go.

Captain that sucks man, hope your holding it together ok, it's frustrating when other peoples actions set us off in ways that they do not understand.
Do you have any outlets you can use to unleash some of that tension and frustration?

I just need to post because I am coming down from a high due to bi polar and am set to hit the depression side of it any minute. Xxx Love ye all xxx

Personally I find talking with my partner helps for a lot of things, or I go for a walk with a set of headphones to escape for a while, got any parks you can go to?

Rachella, you can always jump on here for a chat to try to help lessen some of the effects of the comedown, got any new movies or books to watch/ read to keep yourself semi occupied?

You will get through it Rachella and Captain nothing is permanent and all bad feelings pass eventually. I have felt like a nervous wreck all day trying to get my addictions under control but it hasn't been easy and I am feeling very uncomfortable. Need to snap out of this cycle because it's really wearing myself and my family down. I don't know where I would be without these dogs to keep me sane and the support from my family. The only way to save myself is drastic change, and that is what I fear the most. This withdrawal is bad and it is taking a lot of strength for me to even try tapering.

Feel better everyone. With spring time coming I want to promote positive vibes and make sure everyone's enjoying the new time of year. Please stay safe, take care of yourselves. Get exercise, eat right, get sleep, be aware of when you're heading to the dark place in your mind.

String Cheese Incident~ "Best Feeling" 07.23.10 Red Rocks: https://youtu.be/CbECTJZx040

Hope this song can hold everyone over for a bit :)

Hey--thanks for that song, Badfish. It did cheer me up----"worry when tomorrow come".