TDS I Just Need To Post vs Welcome To the Fluffy Side

I am feeling very much similar today, struggling to get motivated to get organised and every day I don't makes it harder to start getting back on track and makes me more guilty for not doing so. Don't want the opportunity I have to slip away and it's close to doing so.

It's like I don't get it... when the fuck will I be motivated? I feel really spoiled, like I'm waiting for the universe to align so my life is under the perfect conditions to allow me to work hard. Feels really silly.

Yeah, I'm basically where you are right now. It's difficult.

The fact my physical exercise opportunities are limited because of my body at the moment seems to make such a huge difference to my mental state. The one significant period of clean time I've had I was doing loads of exercise (a lot of which was martial arts that I find to be a very positive influence) and it made me feel great. At the same time I'm also consciously kind of hiding behind that as an excuse, it shouldn't really affect me so much.

That's why I'm trying to get back to the gym. Thinking of doing yoga or martial arts. It will definitely help improve my mood and hopefully give me some more natural energy throughout the day.

About to go do that now actually CH. Just got done with some homework I think it's time for a break ;)

That's why I'm trying to get back to the gym. Thinking of doing yoga or martial arts. It will definitely help improve my mood and hopefully give me some more natural energy throughout the day.

Yeah, it really is the one. My shoulder is so bad now I shouldn't even be riding a bike really, I'm dying to be able to kickbox again. Nothing to make you forget life's problems like a 6'5" beast trying to kick your head off.

I just learned a dear old friend has passed. She was a huge influence in my life, my heart goes out to her family they tried everything to help her. Can barely even process it, just thankful for being sober myself. Hard drugs suck for so many reasons. They can destroy personalities to the point where you barley recognize yourself or someone. Some of my greatest memories from my teens were hanging out with her and having a blast. URG!

I feel like a huge failure today.

On so many levels I am disappointed in myself. I have made the decisions to drop one of my courses; I am doing very poorly in it, the material simply isn't getting through to me and I don't feel like I have the energy in me this semester to actually put the work in. That's honestly it. I'm lazy. I did not work hard at this class at all and I am suffering and paying the consequences for it but for some reason I feel this HUGE aversion to it. I can't imagine any way in which I could motivate myself to do the class this semester. And that makes me feel like a failure because I am an adult now taking adult level classes and this feels like a BULLSHIT excuse to drop a class and waste my parents money. And it's just because I don't "feel" like doing it. Math is dreadful to me. I can't even begin to explain how it psychologically feels to put work into this class, and I feel really guilty for not being able to follow through and be responsible. I don't really know where to go from here.

I also smoked weed literally 2 and a half days after saying I wouldn't, and certainly paid the price for it. I woke up this morning super depressed. huh, big surprise, considering only 3 days ago I had a major suicidal and depressive breakdown. Being sober actually made me feel good, I don't know why I broke that so soon. I really can't commit to anything difficult.

These problems seem so trivial in the wide scope of things; people fight everyday just to live and get food and I can't stay away from weed or complete a math course that cost a shit ton of my parent's money. I have no idea how I'm going to make it in the real world.

@badfish,
Don´t put yourself down like that!

It seems you identify the problems, that seems quite accurate. Sometimes we have our downs and sometimes we have our 'ups'.
If you think you were lazy and feel like you are doing things to excuse yourself from the responsibilities, then you know what to do.
Maybe you need to put more efforts and psychologically feel better. It happens to all of us, and it´s part of life.

Give some time away from weed. Weed can be good and relaxing if you are using it moderately and not so intensively.

They are not trivial problems. People fight everyday and here and now this is you starting you fight to make this be okay.

Good Luck!!:)

I just finished a week long DBT program at a local hospital. It was amazing! I'll share some of thy information I learned from They'r with you all :)

I am so sorry. That is a terrible loss and nothing undermines your sense of self like the rejection by someone you love. But don't take this circumstance and use it as an excuse to wreck yourself. You don't need crutches, you need time and support and faith in yourself. Is your family home a place where you can rest and heal? Life changes and people change, too. Try not to take this personally and start a negative dialogue in your own head. You will find love again by being whole, by being loving yourself, by being open and kind and excited by your own life. Make that your goal and healing will come naturally. It is important to grieve a loss but stay light on your feet and don't get stuck there.<3
Thanks for taking the time to post I appreciate it and it is very kind of you. Yes my home back in PA is a good place to heal in the sense I have a good family but the towns infested with dope. Allentown area pa. I hope everyone is hanging in there. Best wishes.

^I'm glad for you--a supportive family is something to be very grateful for. Since you are feeling very vulnerable to going back to using, you will have to have some good strategies in place.

@Badfish--don't be so hard on yourself. If you can drop the class without too many penalties then you should drop it. Feeling suicidally depressed is not something to take lightly. You have your whole life ahead of you to make up a math class if you need to. Take care of yourself and don't over-think things while you are doing it (berating yourself for being weak, spoiled, etc). Taking care of yourself means trying to find new and more constructive ways to view yourself. If you frame your beliefs about yourself negatively, you tend to spiral further down but if you can manage to turn those thoughts to the same natural empathy you have with others, you might find that you have more strength to change when thinking that way.<3

You know Herbavore your post stuck in the back of my head.

I woke up today very unmotivated. Disappointed at myself for not accomplishing what I knew needed to be done. And I just sat here and literally did nothing. I didn't even do enjoyable unproductive activities. Just nothing. And I began to feel empathy for myself. Makes me realize how hard I am on myself. And as humans we always expect ourselves to be doing something.

Its nice to just sit here and appreciate being alive.

Having a hard time today. Day 3 on subs, which is my 5th or 6th attempt to get on them and stop blowing so much money on roxi's. I hate the feeling of not having that "reward" of pills to look forward to every few hours. For 8 years I've been conditioned to look forward to that moment each day when I get to take some pills and get a nice buzz. Now things just feel blah and like I'm going through the motions. I have so much in my life that should bring me joy, but stupid pills are the only thing to fill the void in my messed up addict brain.

Having a hard time today. Day 3 on subs, which is my 5th or 6th attempt to get on them and stop blowing so much money on roxi's. I hate the feeling of not having that "reward" of pills to look forward to every few hours. For 8 years I've been conditioned to look forward to that moment each day when I get to take some pills and get a nice buzz. Now things just feel blah and like I'm going through the motions. I have so much in my life that should bring me joy, but stupid pills are the only thing to fill the void in my messed up addict brain.

I can really empathize with you on that. I conditioned myself so well that now that I'm off subs and totally sober that I have no motivation for anything. I woke up last week convinced that having withdrawals made me grounded in that it gave me a reason to wake up and live a schedule and what not. I am having the hardest time finding my bearings but I have faith at some point things will get better. I just know many times when I was getting high thinking it was holding me back from many things, just need to get back to that point, and get busy with something.
Living without rewards blow, I have yet to find anything I can buy that can match the thrill of getting high.

But listen to how clear and strong your understanding is! You are totally recognizing the false reward of the pills, that it is your addiction and not you that wants them over all the real things in your life that could and should bring you joy. As a way to support this wisdom in yourself, address these cravings as if they can hear you. Tell them you know how false they are. Recognizing how ingrained and pervasive the habits are in us allows us to fight back and stand up with rational thoughts and affirmations. Make yourself a couple of personal mantras that you can use every time that need for the reward comes up. (Something like this: "I know what this is. This is addiction and I do not believe in the promises it is making." "I can create the kind of life I want.") Be your own best friend, your own therapist. You have all the wisdom you need to change your life and yourself.<3 Joy will occur when you have overcome the conditioning in your brain that says it comes in a pill.Be patient with yourself--you are undoing 8 whole years of that conditioning.

But listen to how clear and strong your understanding is! You are totally recognizing the false reward of the pills, that it is your addiction and not you that wants them over all the real things in your life that could and should bring you joy. As a way to support this wisdom in yourself, address these cravings as if they can hear you. Tell them you know how false they are. Recognizing how ingrained and pervasive the habits are in us allows us to fight back and stand up with rational thoughts and affirmations. Make yourself a couple of personal mantras that you can use every time that need for the reward comes up. (Something like this: "I know what this is. This is addiction and I do not believe in the promises it is making." "I can create the kind of life I want.") Be your own best friend, your own therapist. You have all the wisdom you need to change your life and yourself.<3 Joy will occur when you have overcome the conditioning in your brain that says it comes in a pill.Be patient with yourself--you are undoing 8 whole years of that conditioning.

Thank you and David both for the reply. The struggle and depression are really getting to me right now, but as you said it's only been a few days and I'm trying to beat a behavior that has been ingrained into me for 8 years. One day at a time. I've substituted a few times with stimulants, which I've never been a fan of, but it at least gives me that something to look forward to without turning back to opiates. It's a slippery slope, I know.

Today I saw a Holocaust survivor speak (Rabbi Nissen Mangel). Absolutely inspiring. It was amazing, heartbreaking, powerful. I can't describe it. This man nearly got caught hiding treasure from Nazis, escaped the clutches of Dr. Mengele twice (once was able to escape being sent to the gas chamber, the other time avoided receiving an injection that would either kill him or paralyze him for life), and survived the death march all at age 10. The stories he told were nearly unspeakable, but it is important we speak of them for the rest of our lives so this event is never forgotten.

I learned that the moldy bread given to the prisoners actually saved their lives; natural anti-biotic.