• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

^Yet another great idea, but how do we make sure they really read the rules and not just scroll down through it?

There has to be away way to lock them in to the rules on say threat of greenlighter status extension until the rules are read.

Yea, I agree.
Here is a perfect example of a thread that does not belong in OD, depending on your mood it will either make you all laugh or get very pissed off.
if that is a problem, can you please report it. seems a lot of people are annoyed by this kind of thing but nobody took 10 seconds to just report the thread...

thanks.

alasdair

I'll start reporting wrong placed threads, instead of bitching about them. Thanks for pointing out what we were overlooking. Looking forward to getting further involved with this site!!

if that is a problem, can you please report it. seems a lot of people are annoyed by this kind of thing but nobody took 10 seconds to just report the thread...

thanks.

alasdair
You are right, I'll report the threads

I guess it's time for a dangerous stamps/laced pills megathread, as there've been a few reports in the last days

What if we split OD in two sub forums, one for Bluelighters and one for Greenlighters. A lot of the threads that violate the Rules are from people that just create an account solely to ask this one question.
Those people can only post in the Greenlighters OD, of course we'd need a lot of good people to moderate it. (Znegative, speed king, tacodude)
People with Bluelighter status can post in the Bluelighter OD, but if they repeatedly violate the Rules they get banned from the Bluelighter OD for a few days/weeks and can only post in the Greenlighters OD

I got the idea after reading through OD posting standards.

thanks.

alasdair

Yeah, I reported a bunch of threads just now. I'm tending to agree with KleinerKiffer that SOMETHING needs to be done.

Ok, for the UA thread, I'm trying to collect unique/individualized questions that are more difficult to answer such as the following one:
I mean for 2-fa for example it supposedly goes clear with the maquis test but what does that tell you?

It narrows things down a bit but not totally right? ie better than nothing.

It would also tell you if it is cut with anything if the other drug happened to turn a differnet color right? so the expected color indicates the correct substance and no cuts?

but it may still be cut with something that turns the same color as 2-fa? or is that less likely.

Is a test kit 'good enough' in most cases to be fairly confident about what you're getting? provided you take other best practices to attain the sample such as dealing with reputable vendors.

If anyone has seen other questions like this posted, either post them here or PM them to me, and if anyone can answer them with authority, that would be cool too. The idea would be to collect a good amount of these questions and compile them in a closed thread. However this does not mean I'm suggesting people create NEW threads addressing such issues, but if you do come up with a good one, for the non-self serving purpose of this thread, again, PM or post them here so they can be compiled.

I love your drug testing thread so far Zneg. I think it's a great idea in general, I understand why drug testing questions aren't allowed but it would be nice if the information was accessible.

I think one of the reasons they are not allowed is because it would've been redundant as can be.

I think one of the reasons they are not allowed is because it would've been redundant as can be.

That's part of the reason. But helping someone cheat a test also borders on illegal and of course drug testing questions in general fall outside the scope of HR.

thanks rhun, I love how like the second I posted that yesterday a new UA thread popped up lol

Btw, I've browsed through this thread and am aware of the issues OD is dealing with. I've been on an extended hiatus since right before I had my son and haven't had a spare second for BL now that I'm doing the single mom thing. But it's clear OD needs me and there's a lot of work to do.

I can't speak for the other mods but I apologize for my inactivity and I'll be on as much as I can while we get this sorted out. Once OD is in a better place I may very well step down though.

In addition to all the great comments, if y'all have a second I'd really appreciate if you could also answer a few questions:

What do you think I personally as a mod can do to improve OD and your experience here?

What would you like the OD mod team as a whole to discuss and/or improve on? (I'm talking more about bigger issues like should we split OD into smaller sub sections, should we allow stamp warnings, etc)

Thanks so much :)

Last edited:
I don't think it's necessary to split Other Drugs into smaller sub sections. The prefixes should be enough, though I do notice some members are having trouble using the mobile version not allowing them to add it for some reason. It may have been resolved already. I believe you would end up with many threads being posted in the wrong place, creating more problems ultimately.

I would encourage people to use the forum search engine in Other Drugs because many of the same questions are asked repeatedly. Other Drugs has mega-threads which contain a wealth of information. In Basic Drug Discussion, we encourage people to start new threads, as opposed to bumping up real old ones. This should be your first stop for general questions, whereas Other Drugs is appropriate for more in-depth topics.

I find myself moving many threads from Homeless/Anonymous to BDD, occasionally to Other Drugs. With that being said, I noticed some members made comments that certain threads don't belong in Other Drugs because they lack harm reduction value. Bluelight, as a whole is a harm reduction community and there seems to be some confusion here. It needs to be known that Bluelight is not here to help you get as high as possible. Threads like that will be closed when I come across them.

Other Drugs is our most frequently visited sub-forum so of course it gets a huge amount of traffic and threads. Does anyone remember when Neuroscience & Pharmacology Discussion was called Advanced Drug Discussion? So many people thought their basic question was advanced simply because it was very important to them. I look at it like this, Basic Drug Discussion is sort of like Other Drugs, Junior. Rhun, congratulations are in order for your new baby! You must be exhausted. If I can help in any way let me know! <3

Rhun, you've been doing a great job, the biggest problem seemed to be that a lot of people were posting stuff that belonged in BDD-it seemed that OD was becoming the dump ground for every retarded question known to mankind including things like 'how do I pronounce DIAZEPAM', like literally, there were actually several posts asking how to pronounce different drug names. Shit like that didn't belong ANYWHERE, if you don't know how to say Diazepam I'd make the argument that you might not even deserve to live lol. But anyway since you've been active all the reported posts have been dealt with, and OD seems like its getting back on track.

I think it would help if there was a sticky that maybe explained the posting standards for OD vs. BDD.

^This
I'm glad you are back, OD has really improved again thanks to you! It's great that you are tackling it so well, given that it seems that you are the only active mod atm.

And I really liked the idea of junior mods by Speed King, the junior mods could help you big time, so you can have more time for yourself and your son.

I'd love to see a stamp warning/ laced pills megathread, as I said before it could save lifes. Thanks to Znegative for that idea

Another idea, I think this was mentioned before, if a thread gets report say 3-5 times it gets closed and only a mod can re-open it

Thanks for the great responses guys (and gal)! I will respond to everyone individually when I have a sec. And I'm really glad that y'all have seen an improvement in OD since I came back. I likely won't be back permanently but I will at least be here until we can get some new mods on the team.

BTW, my previous modding style was to go down the list thread by thread and read every post. That way I could join the discussion when I felt like it and moderate as needed. Seldom checked reported posts because it wasn't needed and we had more active staff and sr staff on it back then. Sadly I just.don't have time for that, I'm seriously checking BL with one hand and feeding, bathing, carrying my son with the other. So now I check RPSs and scan OD quickly. UGH sorry I'm exhausted and rambling. The point of all this is thanks for the reports and keep it coming please! Don't just talk about it in the thread, report. I'll post more tomorrow once my head is clearer.

@T. Calderone thanks for your post, I really appreciate your observations. I don't think OD will ever be split up tbh and there's some very good reasons behind that. Every few months it gets brought up again and rehashed and it seems like that time again. I brought it up because I'm always willing to discuss it. I've been moving a lot of stuff to BDD, totally agree about people being unclear on what's appropriate for OD vs BDD. And what the hell is up with all these old threads being bumped lately? It's ridiculous. I close them unless it's a popular topic where there's ongoing discussion occurring. I also prefer that people do a search and only make a new thread if their question still hasn't been answered. I think the main issue is that with the lack of moderation things have slowly become more lax. And in addition to new members not bothering to real the rules (which has been and always will be an issue) we have more seasoned members either forgetting or maybe purposely taking advantage.

@Zneg Thank you, really glad you're able to see a difference. Things will continue to improve as we get new staff too. I remember those RPs, that was ridiculous. I love the idea of an OD vs BDD thread plus just a recap maybe of OD posting standards in general. I will bring it up in the mod thread and I can see if anyone wants to type that up. Or if you feel so inclined, let me know.

@kleinerkiffer really happy you guys are seeing improvement and are less frustrated with OD. Sekio should be coming back next week so that'll help and then right now we are waiting to find out who is going to stay on and be active and who is going to go on hiatus or step down if needed. Once that's settled we will start accepting applications. I will ask about the pill and stamp warning thread as well. I know we don't allow it but not the reasons why as it was before my time. I'll see if we can discuss it again.

Last edited: