• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Another idea, I think this was mentioned before, if a thread gets report say 3-5 times it gets closed and only a mod can re-open it

Can you elaborate? Do you mind that if a thread keeps getting reports a mod should close it? Or do you mean an automated type thing where if there's a ton of reports it gets locked until a mod can review it.

Or do you mean an automated type thing where if there's a ton of reports it gets locked until a mod can review it.

Yeah, this. If a thread gets reported by say 4 different Bluelighters it gets automatically locked until a mod reviews it and chooses to either close it or reopen it.
And like Speed King said, junior mods would be great. If two junior mods report a thread it'll be automatically locked and if say two or three report a User he gets banned for 24 hours or so.
In the last few days/weeks there've been at least two Users with dangerous if not lethal advice (serotonin-system and this Cheezy guy)

We have to make sure we don't become Nazis. I will admit there are threads that should be shut down by the first person who sees it, but I think I'm more into the idea of if a thread gets reported X amount of times, it locks automatically( not sure how that would work). Bluelighters are mostly a very smart bunch. It shouldn't take more then, like kleinerkiffer said 4 people or even 2 people to set off a red flag asking for a shutdown. We get some really stupid posts here on occasion. By the way, junior mods almost doesn't sound right, but maybe it could stand for moderator in training. I can't help but admit, it is a goal of mine to mod. I'll try not to mention it again. This site just makes my mind turn on and the desire to help the green lighters and those in pain, anyone who needs a kind,wise explanation of any emotional, drug or any other question. We need to clean house a little, because harm reduction will be increased and many more people can be helped, the cleaner we are.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a thread getting locked after something like 4 reports are filed on it, however this would be something that I imagine the admin's would have to put into place. Lately it seems the quality of posts have been pretty good, the only issues if any, have been that some threads could definitely be merged into megathreads, but there have been much worse things to worry about in OD in the past.

We need more active mods!
There are people like serotonin-system giving out harmful/lethal advice with imo the intention of killing someone and we need active mods that can delete those posts and ban those idiots asap before someone reads the advice and dies because of it.

serotonin-system has been dealt with - he's permanently banned from bluelight.

thanks for the reports.

alasdair

Would be great if his recent posts could be removed too Ali??

I don't think that oblivious questions should get an answer. Maybe a personal, oblivious generic message that says this is an anonymous question or at most BDD question. I don't think I would move it. It would be like saying move it to the correct forum yourself. At the same time OD would be cleaning up/tightening up in the process.

We need more active mods!
There are people like serotonin-system giving out harmful/lethal advice with imo the intention of killing someone and we need active mods that can delete those posts and ban those idiots asap before someone reads the advice and dies because of it.

We will be accepting applications within the next day or so. I'm currently the only active mod but I can't be on 24/7. Mad Dash though has returned and we will also be filling 2-3 positions so keep an eye out for that sticky.

We will be accepting applications within the next day or so. I'm currently the only active mod but I can't be on 24/7. Mad Dash though has returned and we will also be filling 2-3 positions so keep an eye out for that sticky.
Thanks for letting me know.
And just to clarify, my post wasn't meant to be offensive.
You do a great job and no one should forget that you do it voluntary.

^ I didn't take it offensively at all. The reality is just that OD doesn't have any active mods. I know why some of our mod team hasn't been active and I completely understand. But regardless, the way things are at present are not acceptable.

My plan is to hire new staff, get them trained, and get OD in order. Once that's taken care of, I may step down myself. I'm in recovery and I'm all my son has... I think even if I had the time, I'm just in a different place in my life and it isn't really compatible with BL sadly.

And im still here, definitely going to do what I can to bring on a solid team that cares about the forums purpose and guidelines, understand them, etc, basically bring on some more qualified members of staff to help out since this forum is getting busier and busier and as y'all noticed, the staff was not keeping up, and we're in the process right now of making changes to ameliorate the state of OD.

Znegative has been added to staff, we are really happy to have him back as an OD mod :)

We still need another 2 mods though so we will be opening up applications still, keep an eye out for that.

Znegative---

Just skimmed over your UA thread, looking good this far. Only "typo" I noticed was under the 12 panel listing of drugs tested for --you only list 10--i am pretty sure oxycodone is missing and not sure which other

You are correct in those you list that will come up positive for "opiates". It's only the morphine related ones, as you noted (like heroin and codeine). Not oxycodone and hydrocodone. Lol I've heard that so many times, yet taken parole urines and know the truth.

Also, congrats on returning to mod status!

When I get a chance I'll give it a more thorough reading and also see if I can help with any questions

You are correct in those you list that will come up positive for "opiates". It's only the morphine related ones, as you noted (like heroin and codeine). Not oxycodone and hydrocodone. Lol I've heard that so many times, yet taken parole urines and know the truth.

Also, congrats on returning to mod status!

When I get a chance I'll give it a more thorough reading and also see if I can help with any questions

Thanks to both of you, and thank you for looking over the draft for the UA thread idea. My question regarding the hydrocodone possibly showing up as an 'opiate' came from some article that had to do with chronic pain patients who had to do UA's (and a specific UA is given for pain management patients according to this article), and it suggested that sometimes hydrocodone would test positive as an opiate because of it's metabolite hydromorphone. I thought this was really weird and couldn't find any other data to back that up. Here is the table I'm referring to:

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-04-28%2Bat%2B7.14.52%2BPM.png
Here is the link to the PDF that I got the data from.