• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does your adderall euphoria last and best way to take it?

username321

Greenlighter
I take adderall occasionally and the euphoria/buzz i get from 30-60mg usually lasts around 1-2 hours with the other effects like focus alertness lasting for another 6-8 hours. Just wondering whats the best way to get a good buzz if i were planning to use 60mg throughout the day, whats better all at once or taking 20mg waiting an hour then taking 40mg?

Also ive never taken more then 90mg in a day and that was spread out, what are the effects of taking say 120-150mg all at once compared to 60mg all at once?

The higher you dose the higher the uncomfortable side effects.

The higher your tolerance obviously the less that 60mg will affect you.

I'm at the point where the drug only brings grief and detriment though I've abused it on and off for several years. Now I only get dysphoria and unwanted hypervigilance.

If you're looking to use recreationally IE just have fun and not worry about other tasks, I could see taking 90mg at once.

Even that split up, 45 mg twice in one day would work though the crash from the second does will be nasty and you should have a sleep aid on hand. Melatonin is best, though I personally prefer mirtazapine.

Well I've also experimented with addys on and off mostly 20mgs per dose & my euphoria would only last 1-2 hours as well.

When I last dosed 120mgs (my max) in a day, I did 40mgs then 2 hours after 60mgs, and then 1 hour 20mgs. Surprisingly the euphoria lasted about 8-10 hours. Which is odd for adderal at least in my experience, never lasted more than 1-2 hours. Maybe some will disagree but I say if your doing 60mgs to spread em out 1-2 hours-1-2 hours for a consistent buzz. It worked for me.

As far as the dosing differences? I feel honestly anymore than 60 maybe 80mgs at least with my tolerance at once is just wasteful. The euphoria is there/focus/alertness etc and anymore is just increasing negatives of cardiovascular stress. Yeah I took 120 but I feel I could of taken like 60-80 and still got the exact same euphoria minus the even more elevated pounding heart beat etc.

Tolerance probably comes into play, but anyway yeah for me 60-80mgs gave me I think full euphoria I could of got out of it and anymore just increases the negatives, but again that's just me some people might be different

New users to Adderall, will experience euphoria and a mind blowing roll for 6-12hrs, following another 6-8hrs of "comedown" feeling effects of depression, craving for more, still stimulated but with no euphoria. However first time/newbies with adderall probaby wont experience the crash when it wears off until they build tolerance to it and take it more often. i got hooked on adderall in 2001 when i was 14 by my shrink, i was taking 90-120mgs at a time---i HIGHLY DISCOURAGE new users taking more than 60mg MAX, taking heavy doses will rapidly develop psychosis, tolerance,depression, erratic mood swings,suicidal thoights...its very ugly world....the high is so beautiful, but you gotta pay, nothing is free in life, but when crashing, i suggest EATING FOOD, shove it down ur throat if ur not hungry, VITAMINS, and PLENTY OF WATER, you will dehydrate and not be thirsty, that alone replenishes your brain chemicals and decreases the painful crash....if you have xanax or klonopin handy that will do the trick. Clonidine also is very good to take when you feel too hypertesive and sttimulated, it is for high blood pressure, so it will abort your adderall high and bring your vitals down. here i am 14yrs later at age 28, and honestly i get a nice buzz just off 30mg of adderall when i take breaks from it. I never go above 60mg at a time; years of abuse i wore out a lot of pleasure chemicals in my brain and am more vulnerable to negative side effets and ultra senstive. dont snort adderall, most of the powder wont get absorbed into ur mucous membraines, and will leak into ur tummy...if you feel the high from snorting, it wont feel like a true amphetamine high, snorting it makes you feel coke'd out, and lasts 40mins causing redose. When taken orally you get the true magical effects of Adderall, on an empty stomach expect to peak in 20-30mins, tingles over ur scalp and skin, intense mood life, you feel more friendly wth people and like a social butterfly. (i call adderall poor mans ecstacy lol). I like to PLUG Adderall, which is getting a oral syringe and mixing the crushed adderall with water, suck into syringe, nject into ur anal cavity, there are SO MANY membranes in there for the adderall to bind to, effects are literally felt within 1-3mins, i compare it to an intense rush similiar to IV rushes...you get the same magical effects taken orally and it lasts longer rectally, in my opinon. be SAFE. Adderall is an amazing drug, and at the same time the most disgusting chemical on earth..so please dont dose above 60mg, ok...90mg TOPS if ur familiar, first time users, take 20-40mg you will feel GREAT all day ad probably wont sleep following evening. Im lucky to be high for 3-4hrs on Adderall, 15 yrs of abuse really fucked me up. i believe i have brain damage from speed. i am very irritable all the time, frusterated real quickly, i just feel slowerl....be caareful

For me, taking 120 to 150 mg all at once is the best way to go if you're looking to get high, but maybe I have a tolerance.

As low as 15mg will work if you can finely pulverize it then snort it. In the tablet form this is easy but you need a proper technique to grind the ER version well enough. Redosing after 2-4 hours a few times is good but don't plan on sleeping that night. Eating it is wastes some of the drug due to lower bioavailability.

the XR's for ME do not last as long as the IR tablets. the R actually leaves me feeling irritable all day as it has that slow release mechanism, for only 2-3hrs i get focused, and for many hours i feel irritable. the tablet im focused for more then 2-3hrs, and i dont feel shitty as long as the XRs, but i can crush the XRs into fine powder. i dump tje beads into a cigarette cellophane. use the END of a lighter and lighty smash the beads, dump on table, and use the side of the lighter asnd smear hard against the powder and viola...but i think doing this makes you feel real euphoric hard for a short time with a hard crash...u will learn over ur time or years that its totally un necessary to take 100+mg, shit i can feel the effects from an adderall 20mg, and a good mood lift with no crash....redosing is a waste..only redose ONE time after ur original one, anything more will just lengthen ur buzz and give u negative side effects and wont give u the euphoria from when u originally dropped.

My first time ever taking an adderall xr 30mg it felt like roll I can concentrate on. The euphoria was intense and was strong for 6-7 hours straight. With euphoric afterglow the whole day. As soon as I started to take more the euphoria was more short lived and I felt crappier after. Lighter doses seemed better.

I know this thread is about adderall, but I grew to hate that drug. Vyvanse is so much better. The high feels so much smoother and no dirty'ness to it. The crash is also easier to deal with. The high to me seemed like a STRONG addy high and lasted 12 hrs. Then a pretty bearable crash. The adderall crash is death without a downer.

Vyvanse is a precursor drug. It's mechanism of action is what causes it for the smooth come up and down. Also stays in your blood much longer.

vyvanse is an inactive chemical, it only is active when taken orally and metabolized by some enzyme and converted into dextroamphetamine, and yes it has a long duration..im trying to get off adderall xr, but my insurance wont cover vyvanse, so my shrink said i can go back on dexedrine spansule, but i dont feel like waiting for the pharmacy to order it, or driving to 7 diff ones till i find it in stock, when i get my RX i want it filled ASAP to take..

Vyvanse costs more than adderall xrs or your insurance just won't cover it? I was prescribed vyvanse and had a really shitty insurance from work.

I always felt really up and down on adderall as far as feeling good goes. I also would try and take it every other or every third day to keep a tolerance somewhat down.

My usual dose would be about 30 mgs of IR all at once crushed up and mixed into a small glass of water and id start buzzing around within a half hour or so. About every half hour or so Id just randomly feel somewhat off for about 5 mins and Id always think like "man Im not really liking this" and for those times I would really notic my increased heart rate and all thr usual negative side effects.

But every time it would just sort of re-ignite itself and after that 5 mins I was back to ninja focus until I eventually fell asleep after about 8-12 hours or so, depends on how much sleep I got the night before.

I guess you can call it euphoria, but I never really considered taking adderall just to feel good, I always had to get a lot of shit done. Feeling somewhat pleasant was just a secondary goal and since im not really an upper kind of person at heart it would never feel as good as other drugs to me

Hmm, you're already experimenting with pretty high levels of Adderall, about as much as you should want to try and feel safe doing so. The most I've done in 1 day hovered around 150-180 mg...obviously, that was pushing far beyond where I needed to go. My advice would be to experiment with lower doses - cut up your 20 mg IR pills (I don't know if you're talking about IR or XR but I'm using the IR just because you can cut them up easily enough) and use that, orally ingested, throughout the day. There's a definite cut-off point after 60-80 mg where the euphoria gets very much lost in your feelings of jittery focus and alertness.

Also, yes, do yourself a favor and, whatever day-long dose you're aiming for, spread that aimed-for-goal out over the day when you take the Adderall - it's almost pointless to take more than 40 mg (if that) at one time, in my opinion. The euphoria from that size dosage alone would stay with me for 3-5 hours, depending on what I was doing at the time (whether I was in a stressful situation or not).

Other than that, just realize we're not talking about weed here - more isn't necessarily better. Prioritize how you're going to use the Adderall and implement your 'game [dosage] plan' accordingly. And just from my own experiences, I don't think anything more than 40 mg is REALLY needed - after that, unless you have severe ADD, you're kind of just pointlessly adding on...just visualize Tony Montana and his pile of coke on his desk...he was kind of over-doing it there. One or two lines, one or two pills - don't go crazy.

Last edited:
Vyvanse is a precursor drug. It's mechanism of action is what causes it for the smooth come up and down. Also stays in your blood much longer.

Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine. It is a prodrug not a precursor.

It is a dexedrine molecule bonded to lysine. Its mechanism of action is that of the lysine being cleaved off due to metabolism, thus why it only works orally. It lasts 5-7 hours typically. It is a far better drug than adderall in my opinion.

First time posting in a forum looking for some answers please! The first time taking adderall I took 40mg xr, my friend(who is prescribed) gave it to me to help concentrate at work. I felt more than that, which later I found out was the euphoria. This was a little over a month ago, since then I have been doing anywhere from 40-60mg xr , about twice a week(about 8 total times in a month). I noticed that I get a slight euphoria but nowhere near the first maybe 4 times. Was wondering since I haven't been taking it daily if I took a few weeks or a month off(don't need it by any means, haven't used in about 10 days and feel great, no withdrawals whatsoever,was recreationally because it felt so great) if I would get close to that original euphoria. I excercise regularly so I'm naturally a pretty happy person, just makes me about 3x that, or did?

Well if you're looking at getting the most out of it, then you could mix a table spoon of baking soda with a glass of water and drink it like an hour before first dose. I've heard that increases bioavailability.

I feel like someone else already stated this but Taking much more then 40mg i feel like doesnt really get you that much more desired effect and only would Potentially intensify the undesired effect. really (if your tolerance is still fairly low) taking 120mg + all at one time would IMO be foolish and really irresponsible drug use. Always work your doses up slowly. It will help avoid a really terrible experience.

Good luck

Ugh, this thread has kind of just confirmed everything I've been realizing the past few months :(. A year ago, I took Adderall for the first time. A friend with a script hooked me up. I had like no experience with uppers. Painkillers were my main thing. Still are, actually. But those first few times I took Adderall were AMAZING. Holy shit, I hadn't felt excitement for life like that in god knows how long. And that first high was from a 30 mg XR pill. Now, if I take 30 mg XR, I feel almost nothing. I get maybe a little more chatty and my heart picks up a bit. That's it. 20 mg IR used to be my ideal dose, enough to fix an entire day for me. Now, the euphoria lasts *maybe* an hour if I feel anything at all. And the comedowns are sheer hell. I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm saying.

Anyway, I've been taking magnesium citrate every day (not sure if that actually does anything for tolerance or if it's just a myth, but I figure it probably won't hurt), and I haven't taken Addies in over a month. I have a 20 mg IR pill and two 30 mg ER pills (beads loose in a container because I had to break open the capsules... long story). Trying to decide what the best way to take them would be to get that first-time feeling back (or at least something close) without frying my heart or ruining myself for Adderall forever. I already potentiate with Tums, omeprazol and omeprazol/bicarbonate. Thinking of taking the 60 mg XR all at once with the potentiators and then saving the IR pill to take with the next one my friend gives me (when she gets refilled in a couple of weeks). But you guys think over 60 mg at a time is a waste? The euphoria won't get higher, just the shitty side effects? Damn it. I'm guessing a potentiated 60 mg would feel more like... I don't know... 80-90 mg or so? Would that be a mistake?

Not to sound like a gimp but after what i have read should I assume thatthere is no was to IV adderol and get even a minute of "yeah baby" I have never plugged, and I just wanted a solid answer as to whether iscan be done succcesfully or if its just a waste.
I appreciate someone taking their time out to school me on this . Being an old speedball lover I thought maybe I could recreate something similar.
THx

When I was scripted adderall every day (60mg/day), the high would only last an hour, but however many you take, oral administration is the way to go.