• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does your adderall euphoria last and best way to take it?

I take adderall occasionally and the euphoria/buzz i get from 30-60mg usually lasts around 1-2 hours with the other effects like focus alertness lasting for another 6-8 hours. Just wondering whats the best way to get a good buzz if i were planning to use 60mg throughout the day, whats better all at once or taking 20mg waiting an hour then taking 40mg?

Also ive never taken more then 90mg in a day and that was spread out, what are the effects of taking say 120-150mg all at once compared to 60mg all at once?

I can't remember but I think for me it was 3 or so hours.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but ive searched and searched and cannot find this answer- in terms of asking how long adderall ir lasts (obviusly 4-6 hours is the going answer)-

IS THAT FROM TIME OF INGESTION?

OR

FROM THE TIME YOU FEEL IT KICK IN?

For example, if I take it at 9:00am, would it last till 1:00pm?
or
If I took it at 9:00am and it kicked in by 9:45, would it last till 1:45?

I know the difference may be negligable, and im likely to get a more accurate answer by simply seeing how it affects me, but I just took it about 90 minutes ago and based on this answer, I will better be able to plan how to take futher support doses throughout the day.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but ive searched and searched and cannot find this answer- in terms of asking how long adderall ir lasts (obviusly 4-6 hours is the going answer)-

IS THAT FROM TIME OF INGESTION?

OR

FROM THE TIME YOU FEEL IT KICK IN?

For example, if I take it at 9:00am, would it last till 1:00pm?
or
If I took it at 9:00am and it kicked in by 9:45, would it last till 1:45?

I know the difference may be negligable, and im likely to get a more accurate answer by simply seeing how it affects me, but I just took it about 90 minutes ago and based on this answer, I will better be able to plan how to take futher support doses throughout the day.

I gave you an answer in the other thread based on my experience. No need to keep bumping several old threads.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/537854-how-long-does-adderall-high-last?p=13927775#post13927775

I know this thread is about adderall, but I grew to hate that drug. Vyvanse is so much better. The high feels so much smoother and no dirty'ness to it. The crash is also easier to deal with. The high to me seemed like a STRONG addy high and lasted 12 hrs. Then a pretty bearable crash. The adderall crash is death without a downer.
I couldn't agree with you more, and I'm a seasoned stimulant user...

I have a question about the Tums (calcium carbonate) piece. What if you had already taken 80 mg and took a tums after? Would the effects of the combo still be there?
PM or reply is appreciated :)

Last edited:
I have a question about the Tums (calcium carbonate) piece. What if you had already taken 80 mg and took a tums after? Would the effects of the combo still be there?
PM or reply is appreciated :)

The point is to take it about 30 minutes prior to dosing so that your stomachs pH is already elevated. It may have some benefit though. Take your addy with a spinach shake and skip the tums.

hi guys,
i've been on adds since i was 14 and i've taken them many different ways all throughout the years. currently binging on them monthly for about 2-4 days, allowing myself to take as many 30 mgs ir as i please and as often, my friend and i make sure we both get an equal dose at the same time to be sure we're both on the same level (as one can be for how chemicals change in the brain)...about a week after this binge, i get my scrip of 20 mg ir adds and we repeat the process again until next month.

we're both sick of the monotony of feeling barely there even though there are weeks that go by and its only a few days we are binging so why won't my tolerance budge at all? i'm not looking to stop or switch i just want a way to get that feeling back of not obsessing about the next dose and just enjoying how i feel in the moment. pretty hard to do at 270 mg deep in the matter of 24 hrs.

i had the idea to go back to basics: take one 20 mg a day (either split in half and take one in AM, other in early PM) to see if i can adjust my body back to a smaller dose for a few months with the occasional binge thrown in...

i'm sick of running out for no good reason at all and i want to start using my scrip for good rather than pointlessness because at this point it isn't enjoyable and almost seems like a twice a month chore...

i would like some opinions on my method to see if it's worth trying or maybe asking to go to vyvanse which i was previously prescribed but that is ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT since he can be an a**hole about changing my meds around...lazy ass

ALSO!! can someone please leave the bioavail of: -booting, -plugging, -snorting, -eating i know that eating is best but just curious for the actual numbers...

thanks for reading my first post on a forum EVER

Well I've also experimented with addys on and off mostly 20mgs per dose & my euphoria would only last 1-2 hours as well.

When I last dosed 120mgs (my max) in a day, I did 40mgs then 2 hours after 60mgs, and then 1 hour 20mgs. Surprisingly the euphoria lasted about 8-10 hours. Which is odd for adderal at least in my experience, never lasted more than 1-2 hours. Maybe some will disagree but I say if your doing 60mgs to spread em out 1-2 hours-1-2 hours for a consistent buzz. It worked for me.

As far as the dosing differences? I feel honestly anymore than 60 maybe 80mgs at least with my tolerance at once is just wasteful. The euphoria is there/focus/alertness etc and anymore is just increasing negatives of cardiovascular stress. Yeah I took 120 but I feel I could of taken like 60-80 and still got the exact same euphoria minus the even more elevated pounding heart beat etc.

Tolerance probably comes into play, but anyway yeah for me 60-80mgs gave me I think full euphoria I could of got out of it and anymore just increases the negatives, but again that's just me some people might be different
Bro i did 150mg in 4 hours.. Was up 30.. And i have high stim tolerance.. Way uncomfortable tho.. Felt like i been up on meth for 4 days already

I'll get a couple of adderall once or twice a year and the first one I take will be super euphoric bit any after that will be just stimulation. After taking a couple of month break I can get that great euphoria, but only once every couple of months. So the best way to get that great euphoria is to only take it every few months.