• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm not supposed to [ab]use Benzo's while I'm in Sub treatment... but I'm pretty sure I found the perfect combination tonight. I'm not high, I'm not craving, I'm not anything besides normal. Like, so normal, that my mom made the comment of "for a few hours today, it was really awesome having the OLD you back. The you that was fun, loving, caring, and concerned about the important things...

....Not the kid concerned with drugs, hustling, stealing, and ruining your life.

Hey, thanks, mom! That didn't make me crave hard as fuck or anything.

Edit: cause I didn't see this.

What would be a safe/fun dose of a sub strip for someone with zero opiate tolerance?... Literally no opiates in the last 6 months.... I'm thinking 2.5 mg + 1ml alcohol under the tongue ?

If you have zero opiate tolerance, I would start out at 1MG... MAYBE 1.5MG's, and don't use the alcohol under the tongue. & even that might be too much, Bupe is extremely potent, and often underestimated. Try .5mg -- give it 45 minutes to an hour to judge how you feel, and then go from there. Once you become more experienced with the drug... then start adding the alcohol.

Just be careful man, I hate seeing anyone turn into a smurf. Especially when it could have easily been avoided.

Last edited:
In MY opinion, they know that people will abuse it n they have already to to stop people from abusing it n yet people still did so I 'm assuming they're thinking along the lines of harm reduction. They're obviously not going to state this as it would encourage lots more people to shoot up but that probably is the real reason.

I doubt the company has any interest or regard for harm reduction. The name of the drug, remember, is Zubsolv. It is engineered to dissolve quickly and allow the user to dose their medication without walking around holding their spit in their mouths, the way many have to when they take their subs.

That sounds horrific. I'm really shocked. Mind you I don't really
That system really as my addiction was codeine as most know on here. But I would think people need help not jail or punishments like this. I find this truly sad. In my opinion, it shouldn't be a war on drugs, it should a fight against addiction. Its a lot about what goes on in the mind n these people need help not treated like criminal or bad people lovked up or put in houses like this. I dunno it's just wrong somehow...

Well people in half-way houses are usually in treatment court (although some people are there voluntarily, but most are there as a last resort) so that's their chance at help, so if they screw that up they end up in jail. Half-way houses are often a form of 'after-care' for those that have completed detox and/or rehab and aren't ready to jump right back into the real world, hence the term 'half-way' which sort of resembles how the person is halfway back into the real world as they pretty much have half of their freedom back compared to no freedom in an inpatient rehab, or full freedom in no treatment program at all.

^^

You do not want to jump off at 1mg IV... That is a ton of bupe. You'll be in for some serious pain if you plan on stopping at that level.

If you really want to stop.. switch to sublingual administration, find your dose, then taper from there until you get to .25 and then stop.

Yea, the whole point of using suboxone to taper is because of its long half-life, and if you are IVing it then that takes away from that very advantage. Therefore it's best to switch to the sublingual ROA with sub if you want to taper down more easily.

What would be a safe/fun dose of a sub strip for someone with zero opiate tolerance?... Literally no opiates in the last 6 months.... I'm thinking 2.5 mg + 1ml alcohol under the tongue ?

1mg of suboxone is about equal to 40mg of hydrocodone = 40mg oral morphine = 25-30mg oxycodone, so I don't see how you would need anymore than 1.5mg and that's the very most. I gave a friend with no tolerance 0.5mg and he was set for the day. You also need to keep in mind that it takes a good hour or two before you feel the peak effects of suboxone, so don't redose until you have waited at least an hour to see how it's effecting you, otherwise you may end up taking too much.

"That's your disease talking, get the fuck out! There's no place in recovery for logic and rational thought!"

haahahaa. so true!

The irony here is that many people in recovery are seeking tangible, factual, logical evidence that "it gets better" and that taking it "one day at a time" will work out for them. Simply insisting that someone have this complete and utter blind faith in the 12 steps--or whatever particular program they are touting--doesn't seem fair, let alone rational, to me. If I am struggling, I want proof that something I am trying has the potential to work. I am not going to just take a stranger's word for it, and I am certainly not going to just buy into a callous program with no patience or room for discussion and rationality, just because I have a disease. Does having a disease make me a vapid sheep?

A successful recovery program is just that--a program. It is a formula made up of many parts. It is unique to each individual. It's complex. And like other complexities in human life, it demands to be treated that way.

Agreed, hence my final statement on my post regarding that topic. It's not something you should really do with any pill tbh. On the other hand, if someone's dead set on it, at least they have a little basic info regarding it, and they can know that I'm alive after the fact haha. Either way, I gotta throw away this rig because I'm enjoying it way too fucking much. I've typically never felt anything off sub but for some odd reason Zubs are a whole different ball game.
Just to be clear, I wasn't calling you out as having bad IV technique when it comes to HR, but was just saying that just because someone says that they IVd something it doesn't mean that they did it using the highest HR standards.

1mg of suboxone is about equal to 40mg of hydrocodone = 40mg oral morphine = 25-30mg oxycodone, so I don't see how you would need anymore than 1.5mg and that's the very most. I gave a friend with no tolerance 0.5mg and he was set for the day. You also need to keep in mind that it takes a good hour or two before you feel the peak effects of suboxone, so don't redose until you have waited at least an hour to see how it's effecting you, otherwise you may end up taking too much.

I'm referring to the strip 8mg/2mg (bup and nalox)... when you say 1mg which substance are you referring to? .... basically do I take 1/8 a strip or half a strip??

I'm 60 days off Suboxone. Things are coming around full circle. I am still experiencing a few PAWS symptoms. But I am thankful for it to have gotten this far.

Just to be clear, I wasn't calling you out as having bad IV technique when it comes to HR, but was just saying that just because someone says that they IVd something it doesn't mean that they did it using the highest HR standards.
No offense taken tommy, we good!

I'm referring to the strip 8mg/2mg (bup and nalox)... when you say 1mg which substance are you referring to? .... basically do I take 1/8 a strip or half a strip??

I'm referring to the amount of buprenorphine, so the 1mg would be 1/8 of the strip. The bupe is the only thing that you feel the effects from when taking suboxone, and subutex doesn't have the naloxone in it at all, so when you see people referring to the dosage with suboxone they are always talking about the buprenorphine dosage.

I've been taking anywhere from 2-3mg sublingually daily. From what I've read most people start to notice difficulties lowering their dose past 2mg.

How slow do you go from that point and how long does it take for you to start noticing physical withdrawal symptoms from the last dose? Or should I not take that approach and just stick with the taper dose weather I feel withdrawal symptoms or not?

Hopefully you guys get what I mean. I'm in no rush to come down, but just for future reference I wanna see what you all recommended based on your tapering experiences.

^If you're dosing once daily, it's pretty easy to get to .5-.25...It's .0 when you hit the real difficulty...

I've been taking anywhere from 2-3mg sublingually daily. From what I've read most people start to notice difficulties lowering their dose past 2mg.

How slow do you go from that point and how long does it take for you to start noticing physical withdrawal symptoms from the last dose? Or should I not take that approach and just stick with the taper dose weather I feel withdrawal symptoms or not?

Hopefully you guys get what I mean. I'm in no rush to come down, but just for future reference I wanna see what you all recommended based on your tapering experiences.

There's a lot of taper plans you can use. It all depends on how fast you wanna drop and how your body deals with the dosage changes. If you're at 2mg's now, try 1mg a week. Then .5 a week, then .25.

I took some bupe yesterday, and when it started to kick in, I went to take a piss like 3 or 4 times in 30 minutes. I noticed this strange side effect a couple of times earlier with other opioids too. I don't know is this normal. It was cold in the room and when I get high on opiates my feet usually become cold easy. Or is this maybe related to kidneys? Has anyone else experienced this with bupe or other opioids? Thanx.

Quite the contrary I get super warm on opioids, especially full agonists. I recall many a time after booting my morning dose that I was able to go outside with just my long sleeve shirt and jeans to smoke a cig while the snow was coming down. It literally makes me toasty from the inside out and numb at the same time, quite a lovely experience IMO.

^^

Yeah. This.. I've never heard of people getting cold on opiates, hah. That's not quite the norm...

I agree, never really gotten cold from opiates. That sounds like how benzos effect me, they make my tolerance for the cold go down. Its nice in the Summer when its 90+ out because the benzos keep me cooler, but in winter they make me need to bundle up. I usually can handle cold temps but I hate hot temps.

I'm 60 days off Suboxone. Things are coming around full circle. I am still experiencing a few PAWS symptoms. But I am thankful for it to have gotten this far.

Nice job CH.. been a while since we last talked. Probly due to me being off the site so long. I'm on a couple times a week lately.. haven't really been myself for the past year.
CT'd bupe, phenaz and JWH all at once.. one year ago at the end of this month.
My bipolar disoder is now "Schitzoeffective Disorder" I truthfully dont think I ever should have gotten clean. I'm hoping my mind gets better soon.

Keep it goin CH you can do it! lol.
Hit me up with a PM sometime.. We used to talk a lot. I miss all my old BL friends lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.