• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

Yeah. If you keep thinking about it and psych yourself out, you will make it 10x worse.. and not only that, you'll make it last longer. Plenty of people are convinced they're still going through paws long after it actually ended. That's why you need to start doing positive things, staying busy, etc. If you're just sitting around, feeling sorry for yourself, being depressed, you'll just be miserable and it'll feel like the paws never ends, even though you're doing it to yourself at that point.

I've been taking Benadryl almost every night since I jumped in April. I rarely can sleep without it. It hasn't seemed to lost its effectiveness over time, but I would like to sleep without anything.
Do you know if Benadryl messes up REM sleep? Is it ok to take for months straight?

I am not sure, though I do use benadryl a lot to sleep, too. I just know benzos knock you out but don't promote good REM sleep, so does alcohol.

REM sleep aside, its better to get a good night of sleep than a poor one. Its as simple as just judging how you feel the next day. I don't think there is any concrete statistics to how much REM sleep you are losing by taking <insert sleep aide>. But there is no way its so significant that getting 4 off and on hours of sleep w/o a sleep aide is better a good 7 or 8 hours of straight sleep while on a sleep aide.

I am not sure, though I do use benadryl a lot to sleep, too. I just know benzos knock you out but don't promote good REM sleep, so does alcohol.

REM sleep aside, its better to get a good night of sleep than a poor one. Its as simple as just judging how you feel the next day. I don't think there is any concrete statistics to how much REM sleep you are losing by taking <insert sleep aide>. But there is no way its so significant that getting 4 off and on hours of sleep w/o a sleep aide is better a good 7 or 8 hours of straight sleep while on a sleep aide.

Thanks Train..that's kinda how I look at it too.
If I don't take Benadryl I get about 4-5 hours of restless sleep, even though I'm tired. With Benadryl I get a solid 8 and feel more refreshed. I'd like to just sleep without anything...but after decades of self-medicating with booze and opiates (sub/meth)I'm happy just to take a OTC pill.

If you're having sleep probs try not using any sleep aids for a while n have your body adapt. Most sleep medications, including OTC are for temporary use. If you rely on OTC it's bound to have some affect even if psychological. You may have restless sleep because you know you haven't taken anything. The mind can be extremely powerful.
There are things you can try to aid sleep like hot baths before bed, relaxation, meditation.
You could research benadryl n find out if long term use can have an adverse affects / dependency issues.
But only way, in my opinion, that you'll get your sleep back is not to take anything n put up with it until your sleep is back. I could be wrong though.

Evey

So, just for the hell of it and since I was feelin quite shitty I decided to snag a rig and try out my age old question of comparing IV zubsolv to IV bupe. I come here to you guys today to say that:
1. Holy shit, it's far superior to sub
2. Filters amazingly well, so damn clear I thought it was just water
3. I caught quite a nice glow from it

So incase anyone was wondering, since it was brought up a couple pages back, yes u can bang it, yes it's a little minty (which I quite enjoyed), it filters better, breaks down easier than dillies, and feels pretty great compared to sub.

P.S. I don't advocate you doing this, but I'll gladly be the one to test it so you don't have to. If you must, then follow proper IV procedures.

*edit* If you disregard the above, and you must absolutely do this, then I recommend staying at or below half a 5.7mg zub per "session" use anywhere between 25-35 units. (35 for half a zub)

Last edited:
I thought about going on antidepressants after detoxing off Sub/methadone. My shrink said he put most people on them for a year following detox. I really researched it and asked a lot of questions, and came to the conclusion that it's better to let your brain rewire and reright itself before adding any more chemicals. Healthy eating and adopting some sort of physical activity is helpful but I don't think chemicals are in the PAWS phase. It just makes more sense to me to leave things drug-free during the PAWS phase.

In the outpatient I was in they said that they preferred that people wait at least 6 months after getting clean before they explored the use of psych meds such as antidepressants. The purpose of this was so that you weren't treating temporary symptoms that were caused by PAWS with meds that are used to treat more long term conditions.

Of course some people can't wait that long for relief of their symptoms that may or may not be caused by PAWS, so the 6 month protocol was overlooked in those cases. Some people have mental health problems that contribute to their drug use, so they might not be able to make it to 6 months clean since these problems cause them to relapse, and that's another reason why not everybody should wait that long before getting put on psych meds if they think they need them.

So, just for the hell of it and since I was feelin quite shitty I decided to snag a rig and try out my age old question of comparing IV zubsolv to IV bupe. I come here to you guys today to say that:
1. Holy shit, it's far superior to sub
2. Filters amazingly well, so damn clear I thought it was just water
3. I caught quite a nice glow from it

So incase anyone was wondering, since it was brought up a couple pages back, yes u can bang it, yes it's a little minty (which I quite enjoyed), it filters better, breaks down easier than dillies, and feels pretty great compared to sub.

P.S. I don't advocate you doing this, but I'll gladly be the one to test it so you don't have to. If you must, then follow proper IV procedures.

Would you be willing to give basic instructions of this method for naive users? In the interest of harm reduction. If people are going to use this method then they will so it may be beneficial to have this information to keep them safe when IVing.

In the outpatient I was in they said that they preferred that people wait at least 6 months after getting clean before they explored the use of psych meds such as antidepressants. The purpose of this was so that you weren't treating temporary symptoms that were caused by PAWS with meds that are used to treat more long term conditions.

Of course some people can't wait that long for relief of their symptoms that may or may not be caused by PAWS, so the 6 month protocol was overlooked in those cases. Some people have mental health problems that contribute to their drug use, so they might not be able to make it to 6 months clean since these problems cause them to relapse, and that's another reason why not everybody should wait that long before getting put on psych meds if they think they need them.

Yeah waiting until you've been clean a while makes sense. Because like you said, a lot of people confuse mental health issues with PAWS. When not in any kind of withdrawal (acute or post-acute) they are totally fine. So, without waiting for that period to be over, you're not really going to know if you have an actual issue or not.

I agree with both you and Mr.S....I'm glad I didn't go on antidepressants, but I didn't feel that way the first couple months off sub. I'm not depressed, per se, it's more a lack of motivation, which is totally common post opiates, but I thought it would be gone by nine months. But I had almost a 30 yr habit. I'm leaving this dark rainy place and going to Calif for a few weeks, and I think that might help the doldrums.
As far as the Benadryl, I'm not willing to give it up yet. I stare at the ceiling all night long without it, and if it's harmless, I'm taking it.
I slept like a rock on methadone...I miss those nights!

^^

Reminds me of this recent thing in the news around here. It was actually about a chic my girlfriend went to school with. This chics boyfriend thought she and her mom were witches, and that they were "casting spells" on him.. so he beat them to death with a hammer. Hah.

I slept great on codeine but suboxone doesn't have the same affect. I'm off to bed now. Just realised I've onky taken 8 mg sub all day. I s'pose I best have the other 4 mg now. Been reading some studies on PAWS n now I'm so tired it's unreal. Dos da!

Would you be willing to give basic instructions of this method for naive users? In the interest of harm reduction. If people are going to use this method then they will so it may be beneficial to have this information to keep them safe when IVing.

Just because they went through with IVing it doesn't mean that their method was in the interest of harm reduction. The instructions for doing this in the interest of harm reduction is to crush it up, dissolve it in bacteriostatic water, then filter the solution with a micron filter, then IV it with a new syringe. And if you don't have access to bacterioststic water or micron filters there are threads that show the next best sources of water and filters to use.

^^

Yeah. Having people post whatever botched up method they use to shoot up is certainly not in the interest of HR..

Agreed, hence my final statement on my post regarding that topic. It's not something you should really do with any pill tbh. On the other hand, if someone's dead set on it, at least they have a little basic info regarding it, and they can know that I'm alive after the fact haha. Either way, I gotta throw away this rig because I'm enjoying it way too fucking much. I've typically never felt anything off sub but for some odd reason Zubs are a whole different ball game.

^^

Yeah I've heard a few people say the same thing.. that they are feeling it more intensely with the zubsolv.

^^

Yeah I've heard a few people say the same thing.. that they are feeling it more intensely with the zubsolv.
Dude it's crazy! If you could only see how easily it breaks down and filters, you'd think they made the damn thing to be abused... I am still surprised, I can't believe it works so damn well, it's kinda disturbing. Also, when prepared it's borderline crystal clear, and it looks like 90% of the filler remains in the cooker. Crazy stuff man.

Quick question.

According to my calculations, and counting the half-life of Suboxone at 36hrs, I've reached the conclusion that I will have roughly .3 mg of Suboxone active in my system tomorrow morning. Even if I count that this is off by .2 in either direction, so anywhere from .5mg to .1mg, my question is, is this enough to block an IV opiate dose?

.5 mg definitely seems like it could be enough to block opiates, but .3 or less? I'm just not sure. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Just because they went through with IVing it doesn't mean that their method was in the interest of harm reduction. The instructions for doing this in the interest of harm reduction is to crush it up, dissolve it in bacteriostatic water, then filter the solution with a micron filter, then IV it with a new syringe. And if you don't have access to bacterioststic water or micron filters there are threads that show the next best sources of water and filters to use.

Thanks. I was thinking if someone was to miss the vein could it not be dangerous ? If I have this wrong I apologise. I know nothing of IVing , was going by what I have heard from others n was concerned that someone, naive to shooting, may try it n get it wrong, miss a vein, shoot too much n OD ( someone told me there's more chance of OD woth shooting).

Like I say if I have this information wrong I sincerely apologise. Just explain why I was thinking along the lines of harm reduction xxxx

Dude it's crazy! If you could only see how easily it breaks down and filters, you'd think they made the damn thing to be abused... I am still surprised, I can't believe it works so damn well, it's kinda disturbing. Also, when prepared it's borderline crystal clear, and it looks like 90% of the filler remains in the cooker. Crazy stuff man.

In MY opinion, they know that people will abuse it n they have already to to stop people from abusing it n yet people still did so I 'm assuming they're thinking along the lines of harm reduction. They're obviously not going to state this as it would encourage lots more people to shoot up but that probably is the real reason.

Last edited:
Quick question.

According to my calculations, and counting the half-life of Suboxone at 36hrs, I've reached the conclusion that I will have roughly .3 mg of Suboxone active in my system tomorrow morning. Even if I count that this is off by .2 in either direction, so anywhere from .5mg to .1mg, my question is, is this enough to block an IV opiate dose?

.5 mg definitely seems like it could be enough to block opiates, but .3 or less? I'm just not sure. What do you guys think?

In my experience, anything less than 1mg really doesn't block much at all. I would always get 90% or more of my high if I had that small of an amount of bupe in my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.