• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make myself sick due to having a bad mentality more often than I do from an actual lack of drugs.

^^

Yeah the mind is a powerful thing. It is very possible to actually make yourself physically sick just from thinking your supposed to feel that way.

^^^

There is no way that with the half life of bupe being so long, the build up of it in your system, that only dropping from 12-8mg's gave you physical withdrawals. No way. Bupe does not work that way.

You are literally making yourself sick both mentally and physically to justify to us and to yourself, that you should be on a high dose of suboxone. It's really insane.

Word. Been there done that. I remeber in July it was 95 outside and i thought i was sick and really got sicker. its crazy. And when you get sick then you WILL KNOW that you're sick cuz its such a difference from thinking your're sick. Your mind really is no joke and is extremly powerful.

Im so glad im clean right now. Fuck Heroin and fuck withdraw. They can slob on my fucking knob.

Word. Been there done that. I remeber in July it was 95 outside and i thought i was sick and really got sicker. its crazy. And when you get sick then you WILL KNOW that you're sick cuz its such a difference from thinking your're sick. Your mind really is no joke and is extremly powerful.

Im so glad im clean right now. Fuck Heroin and fuck withdraw. They can slob on my fucking knob.

Glad to hear everything is going good for you right not man. The fact that your comfortable and happy with how shit is going for you right now and not dwelling on the whole vivitrol thing like a lot of people do puts you ahead of the game.

And Evel, I have to agree with everyone else in this thread is saying. Forgetting to take 4mgs for less than 24hrs (actually you took your morning 8mgs too) should not cause any noticible withdrawal symptoms. I know people aren't telling you what you want to hear, but everyone is just being honest based on their experiences and nobody is trying to be malicious. Like others have said, the mind is powerful and telling yourself that your going to take a complete emotional 180 from not getting your afternoon dose is going to do nothing but set you back.

Words of wisdom zwanya

"There is no way that with the half life of bupe being so long, the build up of it in your system, that only dropping from 12-8mg's gave you physical withdrawals. No way. Bupe does not work that way."

That's what I'm trying to convey mr. Scag... I don't know man, can't say I didn't try...

Evey, why are you taking this personally? There are so many experienced people here trying to pass on their knowledge and wisdom and all you have to say is excuse me? I thought you out of all people would be one to heed the suggestions of your fellow bluelighters.

I thought you out of all people would be one to heed the suggestions of your fellow bluelighters.

I was thinking the same thing and almost put it in my post and then decided not to, but since someone else brought it up...

I only say that because I remember when people tried to give suggestions to BostonBrown and he told people to lay off, evel was one of the first people to say he should be open to people's suggestions and not post if you can't take people's opinions.

Glad to hear everything is going good for you right not man. The fact that your comfortable and happy with how shit is going for you right now and not dwelling on the whole vivitrol thing like a lot of people do puts you ahead of the game.

And Evel, I have to agree with everyone else in this thread is saying. Forgetting to take 4mgs for less than 24hrs (actually you took your morning 8mgs too) should not cause any noticible withdrawal symptoms. I know people aren't telling you what you want to hear, but everyone is just being honest based on their experiences and nobody is trying to be malicious. Like others have said, the mind is powerful and telling yourself that your going to take a complete emotional 180 from not getting your afternoon dose is going to do nothing but set you back.

I actually like the shot. Its only once a month, kills my cravings by itself and If i combine subs with it which i was suppose to for the first 18 days but i stretched em for an extra week so far and just ran out a few days ago, but i wont even think about dope but i know i gotta go back to just the shot and im not ready just yet. With work starting tommorrow and it being where i used alot and where 2-3 connects/users are, well i wanna stay on subs for 1 more month just for stability and then hop to just the shot.

I called outpatient yesterday and the lady at the front desk told me to just walk in tommmorrow at 130 and he will more then likely extend my script. imma try to get tex, i have a horrible time dosing the strips and i get a headache, they're cheaper so it would be at least win win. At min. he better write me a week of 8mg a day (id just use 4) and give me the generics. Fuck strips.

But yeah, ill probaly be ending back on subs for a we bit longer but fuck it, if it works ill take it.

Will a subutex work on top of Oral Naltrexone and Hydocan Cough Syrup

I like to take bupe recreationally but am worried about taking it tonight because I actually did take my oral naltrexone to curb my craving to go drink/ham. And also had a sip of my neighbor's Hydocan cough syrup when i was walking her dog this morning (eh,,, what the hell it was just a sip!)

well it turns out (for me) the naltrexone persisted beyond the mere 24 hours since I took it and completely blocked the Hydocan today.
i also found out that it doesn't just contain hydrocode but Homatropine Methylbromide as well which is some agent used to prevent misuse or overdose of the cough syrup.

so basically if i am not currently opiate or alcohol dependent, 36 hours after my last dose of 50mg naltrexone, 8 hours after 2-3 times standard dose of Hydocan syrup:

can the subutex make me go into precipitation w/d because I took the hydocan today (even though didn't feel it at all) ?
can the Homatropine Methylbromide have a negative interaction with the subutex?
will the Naltrexone block the Subutex High (that i always have got) 36 hours after administration?

thank ya so much for those that are interested or have time to answer. definitely not going to take it until i'm confident I won't just barf all over the place (ive never experienced precipitated w/d because i've always waited but I can imagine must be terrible)

^^

What are you talking about? If you're having a problem here with somebody, report it to a staff member directly.

update: followed my plans as described above did not have any precipitated w.d. took 4mg of Subutex sublingual an hour ago. i am definitely not as high as i normally would be by now. i'm certain it has to do with the naltrexone (even though i took these subs 34 hours AFTER my last 50mg dose of oral naltrexone. my research shows that the best way would be to just insufflate or take a much more generous amount of sub to form/break the 'blockade' as it was described to me. not sure if i'm willing to do this tonight I may just wait till tomorrow.

if you are not dependent on opioids (and not high on other powerful opiates) you won't get precip. wd. when you take bupe.

Just wanted to relay my 2.5 going on 3 years of experience with Buperenorphine. I take Subutex generics instead of Suboxone, although I did take the 8mg strips for the first 6 months of treatment. I was constantly nauseous, felt this bizarre burning taste/feeling in my mouth/skin throughout the day, would vomit from time to time, get random headaches, not be able to sleep, other days all I would do was sleep.

After 6 months, I was ready to quite going and start using Heroin again I felt so awful and was so pissy all the time. Occasionally, it would even make me feel like I was slightly tripping on something. I later came to find out that was from the NMDA receptor activity of the Naloxone in it - which I also came to find out, I'm super fucking allergic to and was the problem the whole time. After switching over to just straight Bupe, I've been fine for the past 2 years. If you notice ANYTHING like what I mentioned, there's a good chance you may be allergic to Naloxone/Naltrexone as well. I had no fucking clue until I started on Subutex instead.

I take between 2-8mgs of Subutex daily, sometimes sublingually, sometimes intranasally, just depends on if I feel I need a little extra that day to keep me in line. There was a time where I was into IV'ing my does from time to time, but I find that really does jack shit for you and you just stay a pin cushion, which was part of why I quit doing dope in the first place, right? It has a really pitiful rush, if you can even call it a rush, and the high is practically none existent. Don't waste your time. It took me a while to learn, although I will admit, every now and again I would combine the perfect dose of Bupe and MXE in a shot and go into one HELL of a Euphoric M-Hole. Usually 1-2mgs of Bupe and 50-60mgs of MXE, IV'd. I don't really recommend that to anyone either even tho I had some good times. It took me a year to realize that, if I'm going to take a drug like this, I NEED to take it seriously and use it to get my shit together. Not to just fuck around and still use. It took a long time to learn that.

I'm writing this post because I'm currently in the process of trying to get off of this fucking shit. I haven't used heroin except a handful of times over the summer of 2013 when I was going thru a really rough break up, and I honestly, other than the rush - just did not like it/get anything I enjoyed out of it anymore, and it was some crucial H as well. I have Buperenorphine to thank for that. I have never felt something as bizarre as Heroin Addiction in my brain, and I have Bi-Polar disorder and Schizophenia, so that's saying quite a bit. This drug helped me to reset my brain - along with MXE aiding me in some mental re-programming and teaching me how to have ACTUAL fun again - so I can't say that I completely hate it because it did give me my life back......BUT, at the same time, now that I'm trying to get off of it, I'm REALLY starting to get fed up with this shit.

The longest that I've made it without Bupe is 20 days, and even after 20 FUCKING days of feeling like SHIT - what I would say is easily equal to H withdrawals, just different in a way - I was STILL sick as fucking hell. Couldn't eat, or sleep, feels like my bones are creaking every step I take - I felt like a rickety old chair still, so I had to go back on so I could work again. I can't afford to just take 2 MONTHS off work or go to a Rehab/Detox. It's starting to get really depressing that I can't beat this Pharmaceutical bullshit. It's makes me feel weak and useless inside after all this time, like a beaten down old man. All I want is to not be dependent on anything for the 1st time in a long time, so I can give real life a chance and see what I think of it. It would be great if I could make it there. I've tried a lot of Tapering methods, and I seem to get stuck every time between .5-1mg. I still feel sick all day and just can't do it, not with the bottle in my possession. Very frustrating - and I work hard labor all day, so it's just like FUCK. I'm sorry to just be voicing frustrations, I know many have felt the same. I just need to let out some of these thoughts.

I've noticed lately, that no matter how much I take, my body goes thru it insanely quick. The difference between 8,16, and 24mgs is NON-EXISTENT. Taking 3 whole 8mgs pills will MAYBE keep me well mentally and physically for 24 hours, by the morning when I wake up, I have a terrible headache, wake up in terrible moods - sometimes even to the point of wanting to harm myself, which was always a problem for me when detoxing from H - and I basically HAVE to dose at least 4-8mgs EVERY SINGLE MORNING and sometimes again at night, or I feel sick. When I try and taper down, sometimes my dose only lasts 12 hours until I start getting watery eyes, the terrible yawns every 2 seconds, and I feel like my back muscles are on fire. I have a CRAZY fast metabolism for this drug these days. It used to be, back in the day, the first 1-2 years - it would sometimes take me 3-5 days to get fully sick if I had a decent bit built up in my system..........these days, it seems like I have a really difficult time getting fully well, or even if I feel well Mentally my body feels like shit and is in constant pain. It's getting to be very frustrating. I wish I could just quit ASAP and be done with it - either that or it's about time I consider Methadone a try. I figure if I'm going to be stuck on a Maintenance Opiate for along fucking time, it may as well as least work on the pain I have from 2 fractured vertebrae in my spine. Any opinions on that part at all? I've REALLY been thinking about switching to Methadone lately - is there anyone who's experienced this similar problem after being on Bupe for a chunk of time.............because these days, I SERIOUSLY feel like it's not even WORKING anymore. It does nothing for any of my problems.

Sorry for complaining. My life has been alright lately given the circumstances, so I can't be to pissed, I just want to find a good solution to this problem and would really like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I also wanted to relay how I do deem this a beneficial medication - so I'm not completely shit talking it. I'm just frustrated. Thanks to the community. I hope this info helps someone deciding to get into a program, or someone who's currently on Suboxone and wondering why they feel like shit all the time. Subutex and Suboxone are ENTIRELY different drugs when it comes to how they FEEL subjectively. If you can't tell that and you think they feel the same, you don't have a very well trained drug brain. Either that, or my brain is just ridiculously sensitive. Take care BL family.

I'm 60 days off Suboxone. Things are coming around full circle. I am still experiencing a few PAWS symptoms. But I am thankful for it to have gotten this far.

Hey Capt Heroin! Just want to give you a shoutout for over two months free of sub. Good on ya! I know it's hard..I jumped last April. It gets better month by month. It took me about 4 months to feel 90% better. I have mega respect for those who have battled sub and won. Congrats on being free!

Just wanted to relay my 2.5 going on 3 years of experience with Buperenorphine. I take Subutex generics instead of Suboxone, although I did take the 8mg strips for the first 6 months of treatment. I was constantly nauseous, felt this bizarre burning taste/feeling in my mouth/skin throughout the day, would vomit from time to time, get random headaches, not be able to sleep, other days all I would do was sleep.

After 6 months, I was ready to quite going and start using Heroin again I felt so awful and was so pissy all the time. Occasionally, it would even make me feel like I was slightly tripping on something. I later came to find out that was from the NMDA receptor activity of the Naloxone in it - which I also came to find out, I'm super fucking allergic to and was the problem the whole time. After switching over to just straight Bupe, I've been fine for the past 2 years. If you notice ANYTHING like what I mentioned, there's a good chance you may be allergic to Naloxone/Naltrexone as well. I had no fucking clue until I started on Subutex instead.

I take between 2-8mgs of Subutex daily, sometimes sublingually, sometimes intranasally, just depends on if I feel I need a little extra that day to keep me in line. There was a time where I was into IV'ing my does from time to time, but I find that really does jack shit for you and you just stay a pin cushion, which was part of why I quit doing dope in the first place, right? It has a really pitiful rush, if you can even call it a rush, and the high is practically none existent. Don't waste your time. It took me a while to learn, although I will admit, every now and again I would combine the perfect dose of Bupe and MXE in a shot and go into one HELL of a Euphoric M-Hole. Usually 1-2mgs of Bupe and 50-60mgs of MXE, IV'd. I don't really recommend that to anyone either even tho I had some good times. It took me a year to realize that, if I'm going to take a drug like this, I NEED to take it seriously and use it to get my shit together. Not to just fuck around and still use. It took a long time to learn that.

I'm writing this post because I'm currently in the process of trying to get off of this fucking shit. I haven't used heroin except a handful of times over the summer of 2013 when I was going thru a really rough break up, and I honestly, other than the rush - just did not like it/get anything I enjoyed out of it anymore, and it was some crucial H as well. I have Buperenorphine to thank for that. I have never felt something as bizarre as Heroin Addiction in my brain, and I have Bi-Polar disorder and Schizophenia, so that's saying quite a bit. This drug helped me to reset my brain - along with MXE aiding me in some mental re-programming and teaching me how to have ACTUAL fun again - so I can't say that I completely hate it because it did give me my life back......BUT, at the same time, now that I'm trying to get off of it, I'm REALLY starting to get fed up with this shit.

The longest that I've made it without Bupe is 20 days, and even after 20 FUCKING days of feeling like SHIT - what I would say is easily equal to H withdrawals, just different in a way - I was STILL sick as fucking hell. Couldn't eat, or sleep, feels like my bones are creaking every step I take - I felt like a rickety old chair still, so I had to go back on so I could work again. I can't afford to just take 2 MONTHS off work or go to a Rehab/Detox. It's starting to get really depressing that I can't beat this Pharmaceutical bullshit. It's makes me feel weak and useless inside after all this time, like a beaten down old man. All I want is to not be dependent on anything for the 1st time in a long time, so I can give real life a chance and see what I think of it. It would be great if I could make it there. I've tried a lot of Tapering methods, and I seem to get stuck every time between .5-1mg. I still feel sick all day and just can't do it, not with the bottle in my possession. Very frustrating - and I work hard labor all day, so it's just like FUCK. I'm sorry to just be voicing frustrations, I know many have felt the same. I just need to let out some of these thoughts.

I've noticed lately, that no matter how much I take, my body goes thru it insanely quick. The difference between 8,16, and 24mgs is NON-EXISTENT. Taking 3 whole 8mgs pills will MAYBE keep me well mentally and physically for 24 hours, by the morning when I wake up, I have a terrible headache, wake up in terrible moods - sometimes even to the point of wanting to harm myself, which was always a problem for me when detoxing from H - and I basically HAVE to dose at least 4-8mgs EVERY SINGLE MORNING and sometimes again at night, or I feel sick. When I try and taper down, sometimes my dose only lasts 12 hours until I start getting watery eyes, the terrible yawns every 2 seconds, and I feel like my back muscles are on fire. I have a CRAZY fast metabolism for this drug these days. It used to be, back in the day, the first 1-2 years - it would sometimes take me 3-5 days to get fully sick if I had a decent bit built up in my system..........these days, it seems like I have a really difficult time getting fully well, or even if I feel well Mentally my body feels like shit and is in constant pain. It's getting to be very frustrating. I wish I could just quit ASAP and be done with it - either that or it's about time I consider Methadone a try. I figure if I'm going to be stuck on a Maintenance Opiate for along fucking time, it may as well as least work on the pain I have from 2 fractured vertebrae in my spine. Any opinions on that part at all? I've REALLY been thinking about switching to Methadone lately - is there anyone who's experienced this similar problem after being on Bupe for a chunk of time.............because these days, I SERIOUSLY feel like it's not even WORKING anymore. It does nothing for any of my problems.

Sorry for complaining. My life has been alright lately given the circumstances, so I can't be to pissed, I just want to find a good solution to this problem and would really like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I also wanted to relay how I do deem this a beneficial medication - so I'm not completely shit talking it. I'm just frustrated. Thanks to the community. I hope this info helps someone deciding to get into a program, or someone who's currently on Suboxone and wondering why they feel like shit all the time. Subutex and Suboxone are ENTIRELY different drugs when it comes to how they FEEL subjectively. If you can't tell that and you think they feel the same, you don't have a very well trained drug brain. Either that, or my brain is just ridiculously sensitive. Take care BL family.

You can get off sub Mr.M. I did after a almost 30 yr opiate history. Sub didn't agree with me either. (Headaches, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain)
It took me at least 6 weeks to feel a bit better. Be prepared for the long haul with sub WD, but you can do it. If I can anyone can...

I was complaining about the taste of suboxone that's it.
I hadn't gone down from 12 mg to 8 for only 24 hours - it was for 3 days. And I was sick. I do not going making myself sick. I was only wondering if that could have been why was all. It may have been a bug I had. But I do not go making myself sick. I found that a bit offensive when I was only asking if my reducing from suboxone was a possibility of me being sick. All I needed was - no i probably isn't, Evey.

But really I was just complaining about the taste of suboxone when not feeling well.... Was trying to make a joke of it.

I just posted this to give you a response. Can we please move on now?

The stock photos and captions like "less dissolve time, more me time' border on being surreal. And I have to agree, the advertising is clearly saying, 'This stuff is way easier to bang compared to the strips,'

Status
Not open for further replies.