TDS Introduce Yourself! Version: Hello! Hola! Bonjour! 你好!

Hi, I am a US addict in recovery...came to BL for kratom research or pill filtering or something like that, becoming more interested now that I am clean. Actually I have 20mg to go to get down to my prescribed dose for pain, but it should be no big deal. I will finish the taper this weekend and hope to meet others here for online friendship and support. I find this more interesting to me than a silly facebook feed, so let's seeif I can assimilate :D

hey cfzrx, welcome! congratulations on the taper. you'll find a lot of help from us here. i hope you stick around :)

i have always found Bluelight to be much more interesting than social media, social media can get boring, and not all Facebook "friends" are going through what we are or understand. any questions, feel free to ask! you'll fit in :)

Thanks a lot aq.!!! I'm happy for the weekend, hope all is well. Maybe I'll hit up some meetings...been busy lately with a job thankfully. I wanted to get my habit under control before I went back anyhow. I've got a year off alcohol this December. This year letting go of abusing opiates as well I hope. I'm still a bit low on confidence in myself, but I think I will really start to rebuild after this weekend. Cheers-CfZ

Thanks a lot aq.!!! I'm happy for the weekend, hope all is well. Maybe I'll hit up some meetings...been busy lately with a job thankfully. I wanted to get my habit under control before I went back anyhow. I've got a year off alcohol this December. This year letting go of abusing opiates as well I hope. I'm still a bit low on confidence in myself, but I think I will really start to rebuild after this weekend. Cheers-CfZ

I am always thankful for weekends! They go by way too fast though lol. Work is a great distraction. What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking?

Congratulations on the year off alcohol!! Great accomplishment. Opiates are my DOC, and I kicked for almost a year and relapsed. I have "intermittent" relapses now I supposed when I binge. I have never been to a meeting, but maybe I'll look into it :) it's another great distraction and I need them. If I don't distract, i slip back into my old ways quickly.

Stick around <3 We all like having you here!

Hey all, i use to post here a lot but had to change my name..well im back..excited to meet n tt u all.

Sconnie! How you been doing? Glad you're back! :)

Cfx, congrats on getting clean from alcohol! My situation's kinda opposite- I started drinking a lot coming off opiates so that's what I'm struggling with right now.

Thanks T! If I didn't black out every time, I'd be drunk right now =D Fuckin kratom,lol

The compassion I stumble across on bluelight at times, reminds me why I have nothing but love and respect for the site and the people who work so hard to keep it in motion. This lil cyber sanctuary of mine has helped me in times of deep, dark depression and I'm just grateful to have access to such a community. Much Love.

The compassion I stumble across on bluelight at times, reminds me why I have nothing but love and respect for the site and the people who work so hard to keep it in motion. This lil cyber sanctuary of mine has helped me in times of deep, dark depression and I'm just grateful to have access to such a community. Much Love.

I am happy you feel at home here! And I am also glad that we have helped you. I have gone on Bluelight many times when I am feeling dark, depressed, and just hating life and the members here always support and help me.

Glassjaw here...

Been on blueloght in the past for general info about various drugs and what not. But now I have chosen to try and get clean and turn my life around. Things got bad pretty quickly with addiction to h. It's something like I've ever experienced and truly is something you don't understand until you are a user. Just wanted to Introduce myself and today is my first day of methadone maintenance. I have concerns with that as well but it's a situation than what I was doing. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Welcome, glassjaw.And congratulations on making the choice you did.:) Jump into Sober Living for lots of interaction with others eploring all the ways and means of healing from addiction.

Here are some threads that I would recommend especially for your situation:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-and-FAQ-v-2-0?highlight=methadone+megathread

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/741801-December-14-SL-Getting-amp-Staying-Sober-Thread (This one is great for both personal accountability and just checking in with others and lending and getting support)

I look forward to getting to know you. I hope that you find an extra dose of support here in addition to what you have set up for yourself IRL. (I always feel funny when I say "in real life" as if if this isn't also real life.;))

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is btmn44 im from northeastern America Im currently struggling with drug addiction and social issues. I go to a lot of raves and I don't really have a drug of choice outside of hallucinogenics but there's not a drug that I will really turn down. At this point in my life im torn between partying and going to raves and being high all the time, or trying to get my life in order for at least awhile so I can get back into school and work toward some life goals. Im not a stupid person just could use some advice about sobriety im generally a pretty friendly person so if you got any advice pm me!!

One step at a time btm. No matter how small, if it's in the right direction you're doing good. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't do it. Don't let ANYONE let you down. You know yourself the best. Find a new hobby. It can make you a new person. Maybe even a little vacation to a chill place you've never been before. Stay away from party scenes.

Quitting opiates has taken some weird turns for the worse since I introduced myself on BL in early December. I did tar one day and it became hard to stop as usual. Luckily I got a hold of 10 1mg klonopins and that helped stay cool and sleep a shitload for the first 3 days of withdrawal. That was a bitch becuase my gf has a rule that if I do Klonopins she leaves (or even throws them outyikes!, so I had to lie to save my life. Seemed justified. Here I sit, clean going into 2015, will think very briefly and decide no if the thought pops in my mind again :) MerryX, HappyNY -CfZrx

Congrats for your clean time! Happy 2015 to you and I hope you stick around the forums :D

Hi folks, I'm RivieraLife (because that's what I wanna live!) I'm in my mid-20s and a Brit.
I've been a long time lurker on Bluelight, my friends and I have read a lot of information from here in the past when trying new drugs so I figured it would be the perfect place to try and discuss my recovery.
I am here to try and help anyone with Harm Reduction if I can, to lend a sympathetic ear, but also to try and get help staying off opiates, cutting down on booze and eventually, when I'm ready, getting off benzos.
Being a drug addict is making success in school more difficult than it needs to be so if anyone can help me, I appreciate it. :)

Welcome, Riviera (I understand the wish to live there!).:) The best thing about coming here to give support is that you get support and the other way round holds true too. Thanks for being a part of that.<3

Hello my real name is will but I've been nicknamed sid since the ice age films, I'm currently addicted to the research chemical ethyphenidate and have been hospitalized due to overdoses of the drug,
I have a history of self harm, binges, overdoses, hearing voices, violence (against me) and also of letting people down.
I was sectioned under the mental health act last year in January and diagnosed with drug induced psychosis,
I have professionals talk to me about my drug use but no one who has really pulled through and beqaten their addiction.
I hope everyone finds it easy to ask me questions and I hope to help you through whatever you're going through