• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Can a confidential informant use drugs during a controlled buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc777

Greenlighter
Hello, I understand the legal section is closed to new posts so I figured this would be the best place to post this question. It is my understanding that once someone gets in trouble and agrees to cooperate with law enforcement that he or she would be required to do controlled buys where the CI is searched both before and after the buy takes place. Would it be foolish to assume that he or she is forbidden to use drugs of any kind during the buy? Wouldnt that hurt the CIs integrity? Furthermore, I have heard of people using RF detectors and what not to see if someone is wearing some type of transmitting device but with all the cell phones and RF signals everywhere I would think there would be a ton of false positives. This leaves the person using the product in front of you as the only way to be sure that you are not the victim of a controlled buy. Any opinions ideas or experiences would be appreciated.

I know undercover officers are allowed to use drugs when on a job.... so it wouldn't surprise me if someone outside of the payroll was allowed as well.

I think it's safe to assume that CIs still use. Many get paid for being the filthy soulless beings that they are and let's face it the cops don't really give a shit about them, they just want to get further up the ladder to the big bust.

CIs can certainly use. CIs (snitches, informants, etc) aren't even cops in the first place. And Johnny blue is right the cops don't give a shit about them either.

Yea they definitely can use. The guy that wore a wire on me did a shot in the car with me.

A guy I knew made controlled buys at a few houses. Not only did he use while making the buys he bought his dope with the money that the cops gave him. Of course to do that he inflated the prices the cops paid. As far as I know he did not get put on the official police reports and did not have to go to court.(this is what he told me so I don't really know) doing this got his charges dropped. I don't agree with what he had done, and I no longer have any contact with him.

So to answer your question I would say yes they can use.

Every story I've heard about some douchebag messing up the flow, the said douche CI was always a user.

Users know the most people cops want

Of course. It's why cops bother users at all. These aren't just squares picked off the street. Cops want people like us to get to our dealers because we have reliable dealers that operate in closed circles.

Of course. It's why cops bother users at all. These aren't just squares picked off the street. Cops want people like us to get to our dealers because we have reliable dealers that operate in closed circles.

I understand that CIs can be drug users but what I am referring to specifically is CAN CIs ACTUALLY USE THE DRUGS THAT THEY ARE BUYING DURING THE CONTROLLED BUY? The reason I think this is totally questionable is because the purpose of a controlled buy is to basically stage an illegal act to occur under police supervision with all other things being legal. In other words I heard a few of you say that a guy did a shot in the car while doing a controlled buy. Wouldnt that case be totally beatable? I mean the evidence they have shows the guy using drugs which would in turn cause him to cease to be a credible witness. Secondly, the guy that did controlled buys at several houses and inflated prices so that he could get high using the law enforcement $, wouldnt they know what the hell he is doing since they have him on audio and or video? For those of you that had experiences where you were the victim of a controlled buy could u please explain to me in detail what happened during the buy, and what kind of punishment did u receive. I would think if you tried to fight it and they were forced to bring in the evidence the evidence would show that the controlled buy was not really controlled at all, especially if they have the star witness getting high when he is on the job working for police.

so doc are you the snitch or the the perosn getting snitched on and tryin to figure out who the snitch might be?

ive been snitched on and know a few other peoiple who have too and they got my case barley and if i didnt get popped 5months before and loose 8k cash in the process i would hjave fought it more,and prolly beat it in trial but the guy snitching just happened to be a passenger in the car of a person ive known for ever and i was offerned this "friend" but i didnt know them and said no,,and yeah they just were in the car and ended up taking me and taking my girl who drove down

the same guy took another perosn down but did it with the actual narc with him in the car..basucakky he was friends with this guy who wanst even a dearler just someone who knew people to get drugs and this guy wanted a ball of coke and he showed up with "his uncle" and then a couple days later his unclke loved the coke supposedly and wanted a quarter of it so he doesnt have to keep comint back and my friend figured he get a half and tax the guy and get his cheap and and when the guy showed up with his uncle again and was waiting for him to drop it off in the parking lot...the police knew what car he was driving and knew the meeting so they just pulled him over for a normal traffic stop and BOOM guy got fucked over..lucky first arrest for anything and ended with 200hrs of community service, drug rehab/school and 2years probation (the perks of being a white kid in the burbs with no priors)

and roughly the same shit happened with these other kids i know who used to sell for me but i ended up cutting them off cause they were dealing with too many kids in highschool and they wernt really friends with the kids and they were just too young and i didnt trust them..but they weere making alot of money off the highschoolers cause the one kids gf little brother was in highschool and he was the middleman basically and sure enough a kid showed up with his "older brother" and they picked up 2 oz after pickin up a few other times before that and when they were leaving the older brother told them that hes getting ready to go back to school and is thinking about bringing a QP maybe more if he can get the money raised from his buddy and asked it they had that much cause he might be back that day or tomorrow..and the idiots go "oh yeah we got that all day no problem, and pulled out a bag that had like a half pound or so in it and showed it to the "older brother"...well thye leave and not more then 10mins go by and the one kid is looking out his window cause he was waiting for other people to stop by when he sees like 5 crown vics all tinted roll up and he called down to his buddy and throws him the bag and says run the cops are here and his friend was able to run out the back door and hop a fence and get away while they were still approaching the house with the half/fullpound that they had...the cops were pissed and i guess tore the kids house apart looking and couldnt find it but they still got fucked cause they sold to the cops personally and hand to hand

to go further that story what the cops didnt know is on the street behind that kid we know a couple people who live on that block and our one friend just happened to be outside washing his car with another friend just watching him and my buddy i guess comes flying over the fence and hes like "what the fuck" and he told them how the cops just raided "so and so" house and how hes got the weight with him and so my friend who was washing the car took the bag and while he went to hide it in his house our other friend told him to hop in his car and they just drove away..and 5mins later the cops ended up hoppin the fence cause they figured the kid ran cause the kid and weed was gone and they seen it 10mins before that and they just walked threw the local backyards and went up to my buddy who was back washing the car and he just told them some kid with a backpack came flyin over the fence and just took off running down the streett and then it loooked like he cut into someone backyard and the cops just radioed it and cop cars just were all over the neighborhood for at least an hour..the whole time the kid that ran and the kid that drove away went on a highride and smoked a few blunts and laughed about it

the kid that ran ended up havin a warrent put out and got arrested and charged but only for the 2 OZs plus a couple smaller bags that i guess they bought during the week before that and i know my buddy who hid the weed for him..took like an oz or 2 and they never said anything about it to him, i dont even think they realized it was missing..but i know we smoked that weed for a few weeks after that...that happened like 2months bnefore i got piopped and i swore it was them who told on me and got the watching me but then i found out a week after i got popped that the kid with the coke got popped and my ex who was the one that had the kid in her car all got popped, that i realized it was that kid..and i found out that kid had gotton arrestedwith a 8th of weed, a fuckin misty, and he snoitched on all of us just to get out of his little bullshit

Last edited:
so doc are you the snitch or the the perosn getting snitched on and tryin to figure out who the snitch might be?

They could be a dealer, and wondering if forcing their potential customers into doing some of the product automatically proves they are not cops. *shrugs*

Dude I was in rehab with got popped for selling ten MS contin morphine pills to some kid wearing a wire. Well the kid only turned 8 into his police handlers and said he dropped the other 2 dowen a drain. This was actually written in the court papers the kid showed me. My mind was just blown. Kid ended up doing a five year stretch over it.

Dude I was in rehab with got popped for selling ten MS contin morphine pills to some kid wearing a wire. Well the kid only turned 8 into his police handlers and said he dropped the other 2 dowen a drain. This was actually written in the court papers the kid showed me. My mind was just blown. Kid ended up doing a five year stretch over it.

you have got to be one dumb mother fucker to try to pull that shit.

i mean, i wonder if he honestly thought that was gonna fly...

ive been snitched on and know a few other peoiple who have too and they got my case barley and if i didnt get popped 5months before and loose 8k cash in the process i would hjave fought it more,and prolly beat it in trial but the guy snitching just happened to be a passenger in the car of a person ive known for ever and i was offerned this "friend" but i didnt know them and said no,,and yeah they just were in the car and ended up taking me and taking my girl who drove down

the same guy took another perosn down but did it with the actual narc with him in the car..basucakky he was friends with this guy who wanst even a dearler just someone who knew people to get drugs and this guy wanted a ball of coke and he showed up with "his uncle" and then a couple days later his unclke loved the coke supposedly and wanted a quarter of it so he doesnt have to keep comint back and my friend figured he get a half and tax the guy and get his cheap and and when the guy showed up with his uncle again and was waiting for him to drop it off in the parking lot...the police knew what car he was driving and knew the meeting so they just pulled him over for a normal traffic stop and BOOM guy got fucked over..lucky first arrest for anything and ended with 200hrs of community service, drug rehab/school and 2years probation (the perks of being a white kid in the burbs with no priors)

and roughly the same shit happened with these other kids i know who used to sell for me but i ended up cutting them off cause they were dealing with too many kids in highschool and they wernt really friends with the kids and they were just too young and i didnt trust them..but they weere making alot of money off the highschoolers cause the one kids gf little brother was in highschool and he was the middleman basically and sure enough a kid showed up with his "older brother" and they picked up 2 oz after pickin up a few other times before that and when they were leaving the older brother told them that hes getting ready to go back to school and is thinking about bringing a QP maybe more if he can get the money raised from his buddy and asked it they had that much cause he might be back that day or tomorrow..and the idiots go "oh yeah we got that all day no problem, and pulled out a bag that had like a half pound or so in it and showed it to the "older brother"...well thye leave and not more then 10mins go by and the one kid is looking out his window cause he was waiting for other people to stop by when he sees like 5 crown vics all tinted roll up and he called down to his buddy and throws him the bag and says run the cops are here and his friend was able to run out the back door and hop a fence and get away while they were still approaching the house with the half/fullpound that they had...the cops were pissed and i guess tore the kids house apart looking and couldnt find it but they still got fucked cause they sold to the cops personally and hand to hand

to go further that story what the cops didnt know is on the street behind that kid we know a couple people who live on that block and our one friend just happened to be outside washing his car with another friend just watching him and my buddy i guess comes flying over the fence and hes like "what the fuck" and he told them how the cops just raided "so and so" house and how hes got the weight with him and so my friend who was washing the car took the bag and while he went to hide it in his house our other friend told him to hop in his car and they just drove away..and 5mins later the cops ended up hoppin the fence cause they figured the kid ran cause the kid and weed was gone and they seen it 10mins before that and they just walked threw the local backyards and went up to my buddy who was back washing the car and he just told them some kid with a backpack came flyin over the fence and just took off running down the streett and then it loooked like he cut into someone backyard and the cops just radioed it and cop cars just were all over the neighborhood for at least an hour..the whole time the kid that ran and the kid that drove away went on a highride and smoked a few blunts and laughed about it

the kid that ran ended up havin a warrent put out and got arrested and charged but only for the 2 OZs plus a couple smaller bags that i guess they bought during the week before that and i know my buddy who hid the weed for him..took like an oz or 2 and they never said anything about it to him, i dont even think they realized it was missing..but i know we smoked that weed for a few weeks after that...that happened like 2months bnefore i got piopped and i swore it was them who told on me and got the watching me but then i found out a week after i got popped that the kid with the coke got popped and my ex who was the one that had the kid in her car all got popped, that i realized it was that kid..and i found out that kid had gotton arrestedwith a 8th of weed, a fuckin misty, and he snoitched on all of us just to get out of his little bullshit

Chinky I dont know what but ever since I joined this forum you have given me a hard time. Obviously I am not the snitch or I would know the answers to these questions. I have a friend that caught a case cuz a guy that used to buy regularly from him but stopped for a month or so suddenly showed up at his house wanting to buy a nickel A NICKEL?? which was very weird. So he got it ready for him, and asked if he wanted to do it there since he would always do it there, but this time he said no cuz he said he was splitting it with someone. WHO SPLITS A NICKEL?? This was red flag #2, so he asked who he was splitting it with and if he could call him and verify, he called twice no answer and the third the dude hit ignore, and we all know anybody who is waiting for their fix isnt going to that. So my buddy just said dude u are giving me a bad feeling here is your $ back plus like $15 and get the fuck out. The guy made a big fuss but left. So my guy basically got rid of all that he had and the cops were came in within 15 min of him getting rid of it, They arrested him on paraphenalia and the police report said that they went in because they were worried that since he was spooked that he may get rid of the evidence. This whole experience led me to believe that when a CI is doing a controlled buy he CANNOT use drugs as that it and of itself is a totally separate illegal act, and the whole purpose of a controlled buy is to allow an illegal act to take place for the purpose of gathering evidence with all other factors being controlled. So based on all that I have said, is there anything that somebody can do to prevent a controlled buy from taking place? Would an RF detector help? I also heard that if they front the $ our for over an hour that that is another thing that cops really dont feel comfortable doing? Again experiences and opinons would be helpful.

Chinky I dont know what but ever since I joined this forum you have given me a hard time. Obviously I am not the snitch or I would know the answers to these questions. I have a friend that caught a case cuz a guy that used to buy regularly from him but stopped for a month or so suddenly showed up at his house wanting to buy a nickel A NICKEL?? which was very weird. So he got it ready for him, and asked if he wanted to do it there since he would always do it there, but this time he said no cuz he said he was splitting it with someone. WHO SPLITS A NICKEL?? This was red flag #2, so he asked who he was splitting it with and if he could call him and verify, he called twice no answer and the third the dude hit ignore, and we all know anybody who is waiting for their fix isnt going to that. So my buddy just said dude u are giving me a bad feeling here is your $ back plus like $15 and get the fuck out. The guy made a big fuss but left. So my guy basically got rid of all that he had and the cops were came in within 15 min of him getting rid of it, They arrested him on paraphenalia and the police report said that they went in because they were worried that since he was spooked that he may get rid of the evidence. This whole experience led me to believe that when a CI is doing a controlled buy he CANNOT use drugs as that it and of itself is a totally separate illegal act, and the whole purpose of a controlled buy is to allow an illegal act to take place for the purpose of gathering evidence with all other factors being controlled. So based on all that I have said, is there anything that somebody can do to prevent a controlled buy from taking place? Would an RF detector help? I also heard that if they front the $ our for over an hour that that is another thing that cops really dont feel comfortable doing? Again experiences and opinons would be helpful.

This is an absurd amount of over-thinking a very simple idea. If you don't want to go to jail for cannabis, don't live in a state that explicitly says you cannot use it? Just my 2 cents.

This is an absurd amount of over-thinking a very simple idea. If you don't want to go to jail for cannabis, don't live in a state that explicitly says you cannot use it? Just my 2 cents.

yeah, because there are plenty of americans who can just up and move their entire life for the lone purpose of being able to smoke marijuana with no legal repurcussions...8)

No one. Technically this one has been answered but, I think it might be interesting to leave it open so people can share stories about CIs. Play nice

I was set up about 5 years ago selling coke to a guy I knew for 25 years. He got introuble for stealing and turned into a CI. He used right along beside me. So yes a CI can and will use in order to get him in less trouble. Pretty much bs in my eyes. But it's true. This was in ohio for the record. I don't know if it varies state to state or not.

If you take it to court and the cops say that the CI was doing drugs with the defendant it proves your guilt. Or the cops say " to our knowledge the CI did not do drugs at the drug house" who is the judge going to believe? It is a corrupt system ruled by self serving powers that masturbate the law to fit their own perversions of it.
Who do you think the judge is going to believe?

I knew another guy that set up his friend for 1/4 oz of weed. They were buds for 25 or more years. I don't understand how you could do that to your life long friend. That's why you never sell to friends friends. Even then you never know.

Here is a quote I heard from someone " Snitches end up in ditches"

Status
Not open for further replies.