• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Can a confidential informant use drugs during a controlled buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I was in rehab with got popped for selling ten MS contin morphine pills to some kid wearing a wire. Well the kid only turned 8 into his police handlers and said he dropped the other 2 dowen a drain. This was actually written in the court papers the kid showed me. My mind was just blown. Kid ended up doing a five year stretch over it.

its hilarious what passes for a crime in some towns. around here thats a fucking joke man.

my friend did 7 years for armed robbery and weapons charge, then about 10 years later he gets popped for selling dope and coke (this was like 3 years ago), 11 months later hes already out and on probation meeting once a month.

Jails are so overcrowded here man.

Far as I believe they can and will use drugs to bust you and the old thing where if you ask are you a cop or affiliated in anyway and they have to answer truthfully Yea i believe that's bull also anyone got opinion on that

I'm pretty sure they can lie to you about pretty much everything! It's standard practice for the police to pick up two people during a bust, separate them and tell both of them that the other guy is "signing statements against you"...Can't get much more sneaky and underhanded than that!

And sure, in cases of murder or other things that actually deserve to go to jail, I guess the ends justifies the means. But with drugs, I don't really see exactly who it serves....I guess some of these guys really think it's good for society to destroy people's lives and lock them up for victimless crimes! The ego and self-righteousness of some LEOs is pretty astounding!

I'm pretty sure they can lie to you about pretty everything! It's standard practice for the police to pick up two people during a bust, separate them and tell both of them that the other guy is "signing statements against you"...Can't get much more sneaky and underhanded than that!

And sure, in cases of murder or other things that actually deserve to go to jail, I guess the ends justifies the means. But with drugs, I don't really see exactly who it serves....I guess some of these guys really think it's good for society to destroy people's lives and lock them up for victimless crimes! The ego and self-righteousness of some LEOs is pretty astounding!
I agree

If a cop uses during a controlled buy, it is directly relevant and admissible in most states if your case goes to trial. If you have a good lawyer you can really make the police department look bad on the public record.

Grandma does not want her tax money going to deputy dickhead buying and smoking crack.

Last edited:
If a cop uses during a controlled buy, it is directly relevant and admissible in most states if your case goes to trial. If you have a good lawyer you can really make the police department look bad on the public record.

Grandma does not want her tax money going to deputy dickhead buying and smoking crack.

The question was whether or not a CI (confidential informant) can use drugs during a controlled buy. Not an actual cop, but just a snitch. You know, the guy who rats on his friends and wears a wire... Not part of the police department, just some random guy helping thm get the info on you they need to bring you down so they can save their own ass.

And remember that cute black junkie guy on "The Wire" - what was his name? Toots? Boots? He was a total junkie and an informant. He'd inform to get money to buy more dope.

But that's hollywood. Am sure they did research and is kinda on top of it...
I mean, the cops pay me to do dope. BWAH! GOTCHA!
Gwen.

Yea they definitely can use. The guy that wore a wire on me did a shot in the car with me.

I know someone who worked a controlled buy for the police. They got popped with 1 bag and the cops offered him the opportunity. He basically set up some middleman, not a real dealer. But according to him the cops just wanted someone else to work up the ladder. He told me he did 2 buys for them and basically overcharged them lol. Told them bags were $10. So each time he went and bought 5 bags for them and kept the left over bags for himself. No wire or anything. They just marked the serial numbers on the bills for evidence. And they watched from a distance as the exchange was made. Got his little possession charge dropped like it never happened. He said it took them like 2 weeks before they showed up at the kids house with a warrant and the kid ended up setting up his dealer. I don't think cops are able to use drugs on the job. I think that's pretty clear, but I am sure they break the rule all the time.

I'm not so sure on that one. I know cops use CIs for all kinds of stuff but, it doesn't make much sense to set up customers who are on a lower rung of the ladder. I mean I guess maybe if they were buying huge quantity our the cops wanted them for something else but otherwise they only go up the ladder.

It depends. My uncle is a well known big shot in his town and his son had a coke problem he was supporting it by selling small amounts. The police sometimes need a rich white kid to hold up as a example of how fairly they enforce the law. My cousin was literally informed on by his dealer, a down the ladder bust. Even if they bust the top guy he can cut a deal by giving up 10 guys below him.

Well stranger things have happened. The thing that's weird about that is there's no place for them to go from there. Cops ask "where'd you get it" or "who's your supplier" . Obviously that doesn't work when they already have the supplier. I realize that eventually even if everyone turns that they're gonna hit a dead end or have to hop a plane for the next in line but,we're talking about someone selling just to feeda habit then they probably aren't too far up the ladder.

I'm sure weird shit happens but, generally speaking it doesn't make much sense.

Well stranger things have happened. The thing that's weird about that is there's no place for them to go from there. Cops ask "where'd you get it" or "who's your supplier" . Obviously that doesn't work when they already have the supplier. I realize that eventually even if everyone turns that they're gonna hit a dead end or have to hop a plane for the next in line but,we're talking about someone selling just to feeda habit then they probably aren't too far up the ladder.

I'm sure weird shit happens but, generally speaking it doesn't make much sense.
At first I was thinking that's possible give up ten go free I've not tested the theory but here in Sacramento its tell on 3 go free but I do not believe that if they have the top guy in a major drug ring that he would go free if he told on even 50 I don't think my3Rdeye is thinking clearly or that he realized what it means to be that far up the chain bad things happen forced by your hand when your that far up and the cops know it, they can't and will not let you go, now if a son of the so called big time person gets busted he may beable to get out by telling but if the dad is that big time he himself would have to handle his son so no it jus cant happen as you say sorry the top dowg will not walk

Who said anything about walking? He said cut a deal. Still I agree that it's unlikely to get a deal over people below yourself especially on the level of feeding a habit.

From what I saw on TV, the cops said they can't use the narcotics unless they feel their life is at danger.

I saw a documentary about the ATF infiltrating the Hells Angels with a few agents and a CI. Long story short, they arrested something like 50 or 60 Hells Angels in Arizona and California after millions of dollars and years of undercover work. The outcome? Everyone was acquitted on the serious charges, small few got bullshit drug charges. The feds didn't want to turn over their tapes to the defense because of the behavior of their agents. Pretty damn funny. Can't exactly be a good cop when you have to pretend to be a Hells Angel. How ironic.

As far as snitching is concerned that's something I can't do. I've had plenty of arrests. Its just part of the game. And they've suggested to me they can help me out if I help them out. If you wanna tell yourself you have a family, school, or a job that you can't lose, then whatever it takes for you to go to sleep at night. Jail ain't fun. I'm not sending someone there on account of my fuck up. I know the risks involved with doing the things I do. Plus, I'm not so gullible to think that working with the police is gonna magically wipe all of my shit away. It's all smoke and mirrors. I wish my last guy realized that i saved his ass at least 3 times, maybe he would have given me a little thank you present!

It depends. My uncle is a well known big shot in his town and his son had a coke problem he was supporting it by selling small amounts. The police sometimes need a rich white kid to hold up as a example of how fairly they enforce the law. My cousin was literally informed on by his dealer, a down the ladder bust. Even if they bust the top guy he can cut a deal by giving up 10 guys below him.

That reminds me of The Wire. Instead of Avon Barksdale taking the fall and doing all the time, they arrange for most of his crew to do a little bit of time, in exchange for a reduced sentence for Avon. Their lawyer Levy made a deal with the DA which made both parties happy since the DA got a lot more lower lever dealers sentenced so they looked good for having more convictions, and Avon was happy that he got to do less time since all his crew was doing small amounts of time so he could do less time.

That reminds me of The Wire. Instead of Avon Barksdale taking the fall and doing all the time, they arrange for most of his crew to do a little bit of time, in exchange for a reduced sentence for Avon. Their lawyer Levy made a deal with the DA which made both parties happy since the DA got a lot more lower lever dealers sentenced so they looked good for having more convictions, and Avon was happy that he got to do less time since all his crew was doing small amounts of time so he could do less time.

That's the way it works in the real world unfortunately. It's pretty crazy how much power and influence the DA has in a case. All sorts of deals can be arranged.. especially for the DA to get what he wants. Whether its a career case or just a personal interest in a certain case, the DA can pretty much do anything. Drop charges for no reason, cut deals with informants, etc. I got arrested in a pretty big case a few years ago. There was a wire tap involved, my dude got caught with a lot of drugs, running a drug organization, a murder charge.. there was like 30 co defendants. Mostly dealers. I wasn't dealing like that, but I got caught with a good amount of heroin. And the DA was giving out pretty hard sentences/plea deals to everyone involved in the case, so when I came up to bat he offered me 8 years. Then he dropped it down to 4 years. It took me like 3 court appearances and a good fucking lawyer to convince this dude to give me fucking probation because I was a drug addict. I wasn't going to fucking prison for 4 years for that shit. Yes I broke the law, but I didn't deserve that sentence. But just the way he dropped it down from 8 to 4 with a little wrangling from lawyer and a few appearances makes me sick. Money is a big deal. My lawyer got a little nice payday for that one. I am sure that's how a lot of people get fucked in the justice system. And if the DA wasn't going to buge I would have gone to trial and risked it. Finally at the last minute.. he agreed to a term of probation. I went to rehab before my court date, had proof I was a heroin addict, etc.. and they still were fucking with me. Fucking justice system. It's sick how much power these people have and how one person's decision can affect you for years to come.

A lot of people on BL talk about switching from pills to heroin like it's just some casual decision, but the hard drug trade is a completely different ball-game than other drugs...It's really easy to get sucked into the criminal underworld...Half the people who use it are doin all kinds of crime to feed their habits....The dealers are constantly paranoid about snitches and a lot of them are gang-affiliated and carry guns...The whole element in puts you in is far more than a lot of people bargain for when they first start chipping and meeting dealers!

That's what makes dealing so dangerous....All it takes is one of your customers getting caught one time and then setting you up and bam! You're doing a prison bid! There's a lot rich white kids with a ton of money looking for drugs and the dealers make a fortune off 'em, but those are the same kids that will set you up over a possession charge! They would have probably gotten away with a little probation, but instead of just taking the charge, they turn around and fuck everyone else over!

It happened to me once, and I did the time and probation....But since then I'll never straight deal drugs again....I'll get them for people, but as far as having a bunch of shit on me and driving around and serving people...never again!

The kid who set me up set a bunch of people up and he was dealing and using throughout the whole investigation!

Doc777
NO CI'S ARE UNDER CONTRACT AND ARE NOT ALOUD TO USE DRUGS AT ALL, BUT READ MY POST AND IT EXPLAINS WHY YOU SEE SOME DO" Confidential informants or CI as called do end up using because even though there getting leniency on there sentence by snitching...they are still drug users themselves and being around drugs even in what's known as a controlled buy of course there going to use, as for can they...NO...when becoming an informant and were speaking of narcotic informants here, so when becoming an informant for police they are given an officer over them that tells them when and where buys will be held, they are told if caught with any narcotics there leniency will be terminated and they will have to do there time plus extra for new charges...they are given rules that if broken penalties will be held, they must sign a contract with there signature as well as the officer over them signature, they do not have to appear in court to testify when an arrest is made but depending on how the narcotics case may be if they do have to testify they are promised witness protection for them and loved ones with a new identity for least 6 months, years if needed. The reason snitches as called use drugs during controlled buys is not cause there aloud to, its cause some have become so close with there controlling officer that they believe they can slide by with it...sadly some officers become attached to there CI'S as well and they may say well we won't put that in the report and they let it go. Police can send an informant many times before making the actual arrest, actually in there minds the more the better...an informant is fully searched before the buy or sell to make sure there informant is being trustworthy, if it's a buy the officer will tell how much to buy and also give him the money for the buy, after the deal the police search he/she once again also retaining the narcotics bought and usually sent to be tested..remember a CI can be used in a buy or sell..to keep the informant safe they more than never make a direct arrest...they keep track of that evidence and either send the informant out again doing another deal and again waiting. When officers feel enough evidence has been collected they wait awhile after the last deal so no suspicion is raised on the informant and then make an arrest. Never believe an officer won't come for small time users, if anything the more low grade users they can get the better. Reason being cause the small fries lead to the middle man which may lead to the Drug Lord. Use of informants is not a good way to bust anyone, for one your letting a criminal interact in criminal activities just cause a contract is signed...HELLO...there criminals they give 2 s***s less and are only giving you info to get there charges dropped, its proven use of informants has actually raised criminal activity, informants don't always give accurate and correct info...most of the time it's stories they build just cause they know if there officer doesn't get something then they go right back to the pin. Yes this is a long post and your probably wondering how I know so much on this area.
1. an ex friend got arrested and when she got released something wasn't right about her at all, so I started doing research and sure enough someone I thought would have my back until the day we both passed, flipped on me.
Fed's searched me more than once and never find anything you'd think by now they would stop but 2 years down the road, no contact with her, there still every now and then popping up...never giving me a reason except someone tipped them off.
2. I'm a recovering addict but even if you've been clean years cops think oh they'll fall again...police are very wrong in ways they think, but hey there trained to think that.
3. I have a distant relative that's ex military as well as a ex narcotics officer, the only one I'll ever respect because he quit the force because like he says there's no more good cop bad cop, there's only bad...but him being in the force in the past he's able to show me types of tactics and interrogation ways that might be used and he lets me know what to look out for with people I claimed as friends and no longer do. To me it helps cause officers have tried tactics with my children but since I know what to look for and there true purpose which is wanting you to admit and actually come to them for help...that's when they say " if you help me I'll help you" most criminals fall for that tactic..TRUST ME POLICE ONLY WANT WHAT THEY CAN GET OUT OF YOU AND WHEN YOUR NO MORE TO THEM ON ONE CASE THEYLL THROW YOU TO THE DOGS...ALSO DONT THINK THAT ONCE AN ARREST IS MADE AND YOUR CHARGES ARE DROPPED THAT THERE DONE WITH YOU, OH NO YOU BELONG TO THEM AS LONG AS THEY WANT AND IF YOU DENY...YOU KNOW THOSE CHARGES DROPPED THEY'LL PUT THEM RIGHT BACK ON YOU...SO IN THE LONG RUN ITS BETTER TO SERVE YOUR TIME AND GET OUT WITH NOTHING OVER YOUR HEAD, THEN TO SNITCH AND YOU HAVE POLICE HOLD THINGS OVER YOUR HEAD HOWEVER LONG THEY NEED YOU. PLUS THE FEAR OF SOMEONE FINDING OUT YOUR SNITCHING IS A DEATH SENTENCE.

TO ANYONE THAT MIGHT BE AN INFORMANT...DONT...YOUR PUTTING YOURSELF AS WELL AS OTHERS CLOSE TO YOU IN DANGER, YES YOU MAY GET A LENIENCY BUT HELLO DO YOU TRULY DESERVE IT!!! AS THEY SAY IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME DONT DO THE CRIME. ILL FOREVER FOLLOW THAT!!!

Last edited:
^ yup anonymous you are 110% right... ppl doing buys for the goverment cant not use any drugs at all or it fucks the buy up...

Undercover officers don't actually use drugs during a scene, an undercover officer is a Special Agent keyword" Special" they learn in training and throughout programs techniques that make it look as though there using but there actually not.
Example- a guy goes to his original main man to get a sack, let's say he has a friend with him that's unknowingly am undercover officer, he's looking for a new hookup...dealers don't mind new hookups hey it's money for them but someone new at first might be an automatic red flag atleast til they get to know the person. Most dealers will smoke with new customers saying...I want you to know your getting something good before you waste your money dog, reality is the dealer wants to feel secure the new guy entering the scene ain't a cop so in his mind if he takes a cple hits ain't no way he's a cop right!!!!!WRONG, POLICE ESPECIALLY UNDERCOVER LEARN TECHNIQUES TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE HES HITTIN THE BLUNT BUT HES NOT, THEY PULL SMOKE INTO THERE MOUTHS MAKING IT LOOK AS THOUGH THEYVE INHALED AND BLEW OUT BUT THEY LEARN HOW TO BLOCK LUNG PASSAGE, SO IT LOOKS LIKE THERE INHALING BUT THERE NOT...DONT GET ME WRONG THERES DIRTY COPS OUT THERE THAT PLAY BOTH ENDS BUT FOR ONE THATS ONLY FIGHTING FOR THE GOVERNMENT TRUST ME SOME TECHNIQUES ARE INCREDIBLY HARD TO PICK UP ON AND THAT GOES FOR USAGE OF OTHER DRUGS AS WELL.

Blue Hues
I don't know you but getting them for people is just as bad as being the main man yourself, reason being you never know when someone's flipped until the Feds are at your door either asking to search your home or vehicle or putting a warrant in your face which gives them that right no matter what. They say bloods thicker than water, not in the crime world....getting for someone also gives you the possibility of intent to sell or accessorie to the fact of a buy and deal which both charges are just as bad as being the dealer yourself
1. PEOPLE SAY KEEP YOUR CIRCLE SMALL, THERES NO WAY OF THAT CAUSE ANYONE CAN FLIP ON YOU EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS WHICH IVE BEEN A VICTIM TO IN THE PAST TWICE, ONCE WITH A FAMILY MEMBER AND ONCE WITH SOMEONE SO CLOSE TO ME WE TOLD PEOPLE WE WERE SISTERS CAUSE HELL WE GREW UP TOGETHER.
2. LONG STORY SHORT I SERVED 9 MONTHS OUTTA THE 18 GIVEN IN A WOMENS STATE PENATENTRY, GOT OUT EARLY FOR GOOD BEHAVIOR AND DID THE REST OF MY TIME ON PEROLL...BEFORE I WAS INDICTED I GAVE MY SISTER TEMPORARY CUSTODY AND IT WAS MADE CLEAR IN COURT THAT EVEN AFTER MY RELEASE DATE I HAD TO WAIT AT LEAST 4 MONTHS BEFORE SEEING MY DAUGHTER AGAIN AND I HAD TO FINISH PEROLL BEFORE TRYING TO GET HER BACK.
3 I WAS INDICTED FOR ACCESSORIE TO THE FACT OF CDS 2 WITH INTENT TO SELL....I WAS SIMPLY LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR PEOPLE I NEVER EVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WOULD DO THAT TO ME, BEING A FIRST TIME OFFENDER WITH A RELATIVELY CLEAN RECORD MY SENTENCE WAS NOT HARSH....BUT JUST OUTTA EXPERIENCE FINDING IT FOR SOMEONE IS JUST AS BAD, DONT THINK ANYONE IS EVER TO CLOSE TO FLIP ON YOU CAUSE IT HAPPENED TO ME...ITS BEEN 4 YRS SINCE IVE BEEN OUT OF PRISON, GOT MY DAUGHTER BACK, BUT MY TRUST HAS DISSAPPEARED SADLY EVEN FOR THOSE CLOSE TO ME.

"JUST BE MORE THAN CAREFUL" CAREFUL IS NOT ENOUGH BELIEVE ME!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.