• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Can a confidential informant use drugs during a controlled buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc777
Also on your questions about rf detectors..yes they pick up any cell phone signal, bugs, cameras, or any hidden wires.
I have an rf detector, there not expensive and not hard to use...heres a tip, if you are the buyer or seller none of my business but when you have someone come over that your not sure of but suspicious behavior shows, tell them that during the deal you would appreciate if his/her phone be off...show him/her your cutting yours off as well, tell them it just makes you more comfortable...rf detectors only pick up within a certain distance so no your not going to be picking up your neighbors wifi signal or other cell phones in the area...unless you have the more expensive detectors that can pick up signals within further distance, as a owner of one i can tell you the cheaper ones work just as good as the high priced ones only difference is its picking up distance range is smaller, mine can pick up to about 20 ft which to me is good, cause you dont want false positives, so to the point get the cheaper versions there just as good trust me!!! Now as you and your person ill say are making the deal, phones are off, and its just you 2 have the detector in your pocket, they are small enough to fit there so the other person doesnt see it, it also has a vibrate setting so if it does go off it will alert you without the other knowing. If no phones are on and it vibrates in your pocket, its letting you know that its picked up on either a wiretap in range, microphone, any kinda hidden audio device or bug...if the vibration is highly strong i advise you to make an excuse and leave cause that means that person is bugged and recordings cant be used in court without your permission but can be used as evidence.

" hope that helps also to let you and anyone else know, i got my rf detector off amazon, its unused, and was only 20$ with shipping and was the best decision i ever made :) "

Last edited:
Ive posted many post that im sure can help you out with all your questions...i myself was a victim of controlled buys, depending on how the deal was staged unfortunately some officers let there ci do drugs but only at the staged deal, reason being people are getting smarter and if they see a guy tht use to do shots but out the blew doesnt do anything anymore...if there smart they wont go threw with the deal cause suspicion raised is never something to overlook unless you dont mind 5-life depending on ur drug charge, plus so the deal goes as planned well police are not suppose to let them use but if it falls into place where to get there bust they gotta let there informant use then they can...if the informant is caught with extra drugs or any type of supplies after the staged deal though or turn up a dirty urine test cause yes they drug test there ci...then there leniency is denied and they serve time for what they were originally charged with as well as new charges.

" read my post you will find them helpful"

Pill Billy but to anyone reading...There not suppose to use drugs cause there under contract with the government not as a paid employee but as someone helping them get past small users and move up to where they wanna be, now if there's basically an option for the informant in the controlled buy or sell that he needs to try it out first, police sometimes depending on how bad they want that bust or how detrimental it is to the case...there controlling officer may say go ahead do it, just to get that bust. Not all police are bad, having a child well I have to believe if something ever happened that they would help me in every way there meant to and paid to do but hell my daughter asked a cop she seen outside a building...Mr are there bad cops to and that cop said sweetie I won't lie to you there's more bad than good.

Last edited:
In most cases JunkieDays it is your word against there's that's why even a lawyer will tell you unless an attorney is present...IT IS ALWAYS BEST AND YOUR RIGHT FROM THE FOURTH AMMENDMENT TO REMAIN SILENT, POLICE WENT THREW TRAINING AND INTERROGATION SKILLS SO THEY FIGURE OUT WAYS TO MAKE PEOPLE TALK THOUGH, ME EVERY TIME AN INCIDENTS HAPPENED AND A COP STARTS TO QUESTION ME, NEVER SPEAK IN A DISRESPECTFUL TONE, BUT ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS EVEN IF A WARRANT IS BEING WAVED IN YOUR FACE...SAY SIR I KNOW I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT AND I WOULD LIKE TO USE THAT RIGHT...RIGHT THEN THEY ARE NO LONGER LEGALLY ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS OR INTERRIGATE YOU, IF THEY PROCEED IN DOING THAT YOU CAN SUIT FOR HARASSMENT, DONT THREATEN A SUIT OF HARASSMENT BUT KEEP IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU CAN.
YES ITS YOUR WORD AGAINST THERES UNFORTUNATELY IN ALOT OF CASES AND REASON BEING IS CAUSE THEY HAVE PREVIOUS EVIDENCE YOUR NOT AWARE OF YET OHHH BUT IN INTERROGATION BELIEVE ME IT ALL COMES OUT.
" BEST ADVICE PRACTICE YOUR RIGHT TO SILENCE, CAUSE YES ANYTHING YOU SAY AND DO CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU.

POLICE WILL GO GREAT LENGTHS TO ARREST SOMEONE THEY BELIEVE IS INVOLVED IN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY...MY FRIEND...NO NAMES OF COURSE BUT POLICE CAME OVER, SHOWED A WARRANT WHICH LATER WAS FOUND OUT TO BE FAKE, SO HIS SO CALLED CASE WAS DISMISSED UNDER ENTRAPMENT.

JUST USE WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE NO MATTER WHAT

Last edited:
Crimsonjunk you don't know me but here's some information that I know for fact is true cause I've been a victim to many different scenarios....fact recordings can not be used in court, kinda like lie detector test are used but can not be used in a case hearing...why do they use them then if there not permissible in court you may ask, police use different tactics to try and hurry a case by you admitting to the crime
Example- you were arrested of possession, let's say a friend of yours recently flipped to get his charges either reduced or removed but you didn't know this. Lets say your the target the controlling officer of the informant and the cops want him to bust you in a controlled buy or sell...they put a wire on him and naturally so there informant is protected they won't arrest you immediately for that might endanger the informant. Lets say the informant had a wire on, eventually they arrest you and bring you in for interrogation, interrogation can be emotionally aggressive sometimes, there tactics they use are amazing...they'll replay the recording and say to you...HEAR THAT, WE HAVE YOU ON TAPE SO THERES NO DENYING WHAT YOU DID, SOMETIMES THEY LIE SAYING THEY HAVE A RECORDING WHEN REALLY THEY DONT...THERE PURPOSE IS TO GET YOU TO CONFESS, SHORTENS WORK FOR THEM, CONFESSIONS MADE, ALL THATS LEFT IS SENTENCING.
ITS A SCARE TACTIC MOST TIMES THEY DONT REALLY HAVE AUDIO OR VISUAL...THEY JUST WANT YOU TO EASY THERE JOB UP SO THEY CAN CLOSE OUT ANOTHER CASE AND ON TO THE NEXT.
"ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU..ALWAYS SAY I KNOW MY RIGHTS AND I CHOOSE TO USE MY RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT"
LEGALLY THEY ARE NO LONGER ALOUD TO.INTERROGATE YOU CAUSE THAT CAN PUT THE OFFICER UNDER HARASSMENT....SO MANY PEOPLE FAIL TO PRACTICE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT WHY???
IF PEOPLE WOULD SIT, BE QUIET, HELL LET THE OFFICER INTERROGATE YOU EVEN AFTER EXPRESSING YOU WANT TO REMAIN SILENT, GUESS WHAT ITS ILLEGAL ONCE YOUVE STATED THAT RIGHT AND YOUR CASE WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE DISMISSED.
JUST KEEP THOSE LIPS SEALED, LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD AS IF NOONES SPEAKING, ARGUING BACK GIVES THEM THE OPEN RIGHT TO KEEP INTERROGATING YOU EVEN IF YOUVE STATED I CHOOSE TO REMAIN SILENT, MANY THINK CHOOSING TO REMAIN SILENT MEANS YOU ONLY CHOOSE NOT TO SPEAK OF WHAT YOUR BEING ACCUSED OF!!!!!!!! NO IT MEANS KEEP THOSE LIPS COMPLETELY CLOSED TIL A LAWYER IS PRESENT.

Last edited:
I don't know either one of you, stiffcock and the person I see that replied to your comment but I will say this to whoever replied...I've been to prison for possession of cds 2 and when they take you into the interrogation room if your what I call a small fry they do say if you help us we'll help you, they do slightly tell you on the role you'll hv to play as a confidential informant and sometimes they'll threaten to add time to your sentence if you say no...thing is another scare tactic, they can only charge you with what you were brought in for....Not taking up for you stiffcock but I believe you didn't snitch and reason being, cause they told you the same bullshit they told me...you can still use and if something out there happens just inform the officers of the agency your workin for we'll take care of it, another reason I believe you aren't a snitch is cause no snitch in his right mind would say they snitches or got offered to snitch. As to the person that replied, police gave me the same offer in exchange for reduced sentence and guess what...I TOLD THEM SENTENCE ME, ADD TIME, DO WHAT THEY FELT WAS NEEDED AND I DID MY TIME IN A WOMENS PRISON FOR POSESSION INTENT TO SELL, PEROLL AFTER, AND GAVE MY OLDER SISTER TEMP. CUSTODY OF MY DAUGHTER AND WEN RELEASED I WAS NOT ALOUD UNSUPERVISED VISITS FOR FIRST 4 MONTHS AND COULD NOT GET HER BACK UNTIL FINISHED WITH PEROLL,BUT I DID AND I KNOW EVERYTHING A PERSON COULD POSSIBLY KNOW ON THE ROLE OF AN INFORMANT AND NOT CAUSE I WAS ONE, I LEARNED TO PROTECT MYSELF IN THE FUTURE
WATCH WHO U CALL A SNITCH CAUSE THATS JUST AS BAD A DEATH SENTENCE THAN BEING ONE.
DO YOUR TIME, IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME THEN DONT DO THE CRIME, NEVER SNITCH ON ANYONE CAUSE THEY DIDNT MAKE YOU DO DRUGS OR CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, YOU DID THAT ON YOUR OWN SO WITH EVERY MISTAKE COMES CONSEQUENCES, IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THOSE CONSEQUENCES MAYBE YOU SHOULD RETHINK WHAY YOUR DOING!!!!!

Last edited:
I need opinions, advise on how to deal with and win case that involves a C.I., a very dirty C.I. I will call him Joe. He continues to deal and use drugs, gets popped then turns in his own dealers. He is a gay man and someone I have known for many years. After spending 2 years in a court ordered rehab he came to me and asked if I had a room for rent. I was very hesitant but after 2 years of sobriety I thought no harm. I spoke with the homeowner and we rented him a room. He was a great roommate up until I noticed his bad habits starting again. Back on drugs, bringing young twinks in and out of the house all hours of the night nonstop! When I told him he had to move out he responded with I will have to take him to court to get him out.

A few days later my front door was broken down and the homeowner and his best friend who were out in the back building working on motorcycles and myself and a girlfriend who stopped by to use my printer were all handcuffed and placed in the backyard. The warrant was for our tenant Joe who left minutes before the raid. The police immediately pointed to me as a drug dealer. I have never sold drugs in my life. and focused on the two very large bank sized vaults that held the homeowner 86 year old fathers beautiful gun collection with an estimated worth of $400,000.

We were set up. Police found drugs in my bedroom closet and in Joes room. And unfortunately found some personal on both guests at the house. Not getting the combo to the vaults, they eventually broke into the vaults and took all the guns including all the ammo stored in another room. Joe wasn't arrested until a year later when it was known that we filed a motion to reveal the C.I. Now Joe is a defendant along with us. It is now 2015. This case is over 2 years old and motions still not been heard. Only continued with every appearance. My life is being destroyed. My son who thankfully was not home at the time of my arrest thinks the police are good people just like he was taught to believe. So I must be guilty. There has been job loss, we have been financially crippled, and the loss of the homeowners dad prize gun collection. The homeowner and his friend have no criminal record. Not even a traffic ticket. I have some traffic tickets and a petty theft charge from a long time ago and my girlfriend has been in trouble in the past. We have refused and continue to refuse any plea bargains.

What blows my mind is that Joe will not admit no matter what that he did this. We have met him on several occasions trying to feel him out. But he just says he doesn't remember this or that. He's not even the slightest upset that he has been put up as a defendant now. What is going on? Why is this case lagging. There is no marked money or control buy through us. As reported all was done by Joe off campus. We believe its the guns that want and doing whatever they can to win this case. In one report they have even placed Joe at the scene with an open firearm!! This is one of 5 amended reports. I feel like I'm living a nightmare. How is it that cops are allowed to use a convicted criminal who still uses and deals to rain terror on people and their private lives. These cops have returned breaking the door down again arresting the homeowner for a pair of old nunechucks that were there the first time they raided the house and I was arrested for what they say is meth in my closet again but was my acrylic powder I use to do my nails with. We were being represented by one attorney. Which I have paid the majority for. Now after 2 years all but one of us have been assigned Public Defenders. All they care about is getting paid and keep telling us "Oh it's now a misdemeanor" You'll just take that and do the prop class. NOOOOOO They have no idea or give a shit what we have been through and the fight we have endured.

Sorry in advance for going on with this. I guess I needed to tell somebody. I just wish there was a good attorney out there that didn't want another $20,000 from me. That would do a payment plan or something in the name of justice. I'm doomed because of some gay man who was asked to move out. I have discovered throughout this case that he has snitched on 3 of his past drug dealers, and 2 people who bought small amounts from him. There has to be something I can do.

Ok, so I'll lay a CI story on you. This is my brother in law, who is now deceased so I don't think he would mind me sharing a personal story about his exploits.

So he was rolling with a friend to go pick up some heroin. Everything went all good, they got to the buy spot, and the deal went off without a hitch. So they get back to the west side of town from
The east side where they came from, and the second that they got back to the west side off the freeway, four unmarked units rolled up on the car, two SUV's and two cruiser units. All had guns drawn, n pulled him and his homie outta the car. My brother had a gram on him and was too stupid to nutsack it, so they found it in his pocket immediately. My brother rolled like a bitch without blinking, telling the cops that he'd do whatever they wanted him to do. So they uncuffed him and put him in the back of the truck. After that they were super nice to him obviously lol. They took him to an unmarked site away from the police station, apparently
He was then at this point dealing with the county's joint task force division, and he found out that the dealer he met up with at the same time he was doing his deal with my brother, was on the phone with a kid that was a snitch, and was too scared to meet up with the dealer, so he hung up on the kid snitching and did the deal with my brother. Well, apparently there was a chopper overhead plus an unmarked following the kid that didn't do the deal and they all saw my brother roll in and out of the area, and decided to follow him back, and as soon as he hit the west side they busted his ass.

ANYWAY, my brother was now under the command of the task force. Serious shit. They put him in a room with these two cops, who run snitches. They made him fill out paperwork that said that as a CI, he was not allowed to do drugs or be under the influence of drugs at any time, made him sign his name stating that he would comply, and that at any time during his snitch dry, his house and his phone could be made to become property of the police and searched or confiscated at any time...made him sign his name on a separate piece of paper three times for proof that it was his signature and the cops didn't forge it or some shit, and took his picture and made a Ci file in his name. And right after he signed everything the cops told him to forget the using part and he was to go about his usual business and do dope and that they wouldn't FUCK with him or his usual drug dealers, only the one he was snitching on. Which struck me as wierd but whatever. All he wanted to do was stay outta the charge he faced, and gave the task force a snack in the form of a low level dealer that he hardly had any dealings with. The cops didn't need his help for the dealer he just met, that dude was already fcked 5 ways to Sunday. So anyways they were down to bust pretty much anyone my bro could give them so he gave them a nobody dealer. Anyways, they told him 3 wired buys and he was free and clear. So he did the deed. First one went slick, two grams, bought and turned in, my bro was searched before the buy, and then wired up in the form of a polo shirt with the bottom button of the collar cut off and a button camera replaced it. Also in the car was a cd case on the visor with a camera in it, and a baby seat in the back with cameras in each side.

So he was pretty well covered with sound and video.
When he got back from the deal, he was searched again to make sure that he didn't buy anything on the side but they woulda known anyway. Because it was all on record. So the first deal went down n the cops were happy. Second deal, same scenario, only they lied to him and told
Him that the audio was down and they didn't make him wear a cam and they just loaded cams into the car. Second deal went well. Same as the first. So far, they hadn't given him any cash as a reward for doing these buys, after all, he was a junky and he was dope sick every time he went to do these things.

Third time around, was supposed to be the last time. He coulda did this one and been done, and before the deal went down he asked if he could get some cash to get himself off sick. Notning major just like 50 bucks. They said no, but maybe if he stayed on after this last deal they'd start paying him to work with them. So pissed off, he hit up the dealer before he met up with the cops and set it up to where he was picking up the usual two grams, but he was gonna short the dealers 80 bucks and owe it to him at a later time. I mean what did he care! He was never gonna see the dealers ever again, and the cops woulda never known. Anyway he met up with the cops and they searched him again, told him there was still a problem with audio, and not to worry cuz it would all be on cam anyway. So the deal went down, only while he was in the car the dealer was like "ok so u owe me 80 bucks", and my bro was like "of course man don't worry about it". So he went back, got searched by the cops, and was let go, deal done, and he had 80 bucks under his nuts where the cops wouldn't find it. He got home and immediately hit up his REAL dealer and scored a .75 bag, came home and did the dope. RIGHT after he hit a vein, the cops were at his door, pounding on that shit, fuckin screaming for him to come down and answer the door. He opened up, and they were like "we know u stole 80 bucks from us, where's it at?" He denied it for a minute but they pressed him so hard that he eventually admitted it and told them that it was gone cuz he copped the dope right after he left the cops.

Suffice it to say the cops weren't impressed and VERY pissed off. They went on to tell him that they couldn't use the wired buys anymore because he stole from them, and if the defending attorney were to find out about it, all he would have to do is bring it up in court and the evidence would be thrown out because he wouldn't be a trustworthy source. Which baffles me because it's wired buys on tape and video. They see dude making the drug buys and it's all in plain sight. So they tell
My brother that not only is this shit unusable, but they're gonna charge him with the original possession charge plus they were gonna pursue an additional charge of stealing from the task force... A charge that I can't remember the exact name of, but the reprecussions are MAJOR, and combining the theft with the possession charge he was probably looking at 5 years minimum. They said they weren't gonna cuff him up right then, but they stole his phone, and kept it for two weeks. He didn't hear back from the cops for the whole two weeks, and when they came back to give him his phone back, they said they weren't pressing charges at this time. But they did say they were gonna indict him, and he didn't need to worry cuz they would come back personally (his "handlers", let's call them Jack1 and Jack2).... And arrest him when the indictment came down. This left him pale white and begging them to just see shit from his point of view, and begged like a motherfucker to just cut him a break. He had no felonies on his record and no major drug charges outside of a minor pot possession charge from 1999. They fuckin ignored him, gave him his phone back after having it for two weeks and doing god knows what with it including going thru texts, calls, Facebook shit, contacts, n God knows what else... They gave his phone back, said what I said they said previously, and drove off. It was well over a year since he last heard from them but he was paranoid right up to the day he overdosed. If he had lived, do you think he was still in danger of being indicted? I have no idea because I have zero experience in this, but I'd like to think that he was in the clear... Especially since when they took his phone they had already told him that they were done with him couldn't use him and he was going to jail, and THEN they took his phone, which means technically that they would have needed a warrant to confiscate the phone because his "employment" as a CI had been terminated..... I dunno what to make of it, but isn't there a time frame that they would need to be under in order to indict him effectively???

I'm sorry about your brother in law, but legality discussions/questions like this are not allowed here on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.