• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Can a confidential informant use drugs during a controlled buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this post would be best place to post this question question regarding my situation. I was recently caught with stuff and they are using a ton of CI's I understand its a very grey area when it comes to the legal area especially when people are using voice contact as well. What happens if after the threat of charging my girlfriend they turn her into one too. Im basically screwed. How should I act if I suspect this and what happens on the legal side? as far as the validity of the information they provide.. Isnt anything she asks me entrapment?

if your girlfriend would do that to you then you need to kick her to the curb and get your priorities straight.

I know undercover officers are allowed to use drugs when on a job.... so it wouldn't surprise me if someone outside of the payroll was allowed as well.

so the thread is pretty clear confidential informants can use drugs

n these people arent legitimately on the police payroll

this person is the only one to address this idea n as i reread over the thread its what i was wondering about, i know this is an old thread but are you certain of that motherofearth? does anyone else know one way or the other? im not tryin to be rude but this is what im most curious n and i just feel like actual cops whether undercover or not are suppossed to use drugs. im sittin here thinkin bout it now i guess ive seen like shows on tv (biker/drug doc i cant remember much about comes to mind)where the undercover cop kinda got caught up in the drug use but it didnt say he got introuble if i remember but it also didnt seem condoned

thinkin about it i guess maybe its one of those things where it "cant" go on but it does, maybe a good lawyer could get shit thrown out or something but they'll still arrest you and make you try n see if the judge will throw it out cuz the cop was in the wrong

or maybe its an outright yes or no

i was just more curious bout this part of the question, anyone got any input/info/knowledge you wanna indulge my curiousity with?

much appreciated

so the thread is pretty clear confidential informants can use drugs

n these people arent legitimately on the police payroll

this person is the only one to address this idea n as i reread over the thread its what i was wondering about, i know this is an old thread but are you certain of that motherofearth? does anyone else know one way or the other? im not tryin to be rude but this is what im most curious n and i just feel like actual cops whether undercover or not are suppossed to use drugs. im sittin here thinkin bout it now i guess ive seen like shows on tv (biker/drug doc i cant remember much about comes to mind)where the undercover cop kinda got caught up in the drug use but it didnt say he got introuble if i remember but it also didnt seem condoned

thinkin about it i guess maybe its one of those things where it "cant" go on but it does, maybe a good lawyer could get shit thrown out or something but they'll still arrest you and make you try n see if the judge will throw it out cuz the cop was in the wrong

or maybe its an outright yes or no

i was just more curious bout this part of the question, anyone got any input/info/knowledge you wanna indulge my curiousity with?

much appreciated

Undercovers are definitely not allowed to partake in drug use while on the job. However, it happens from time to time.
You think an undercover is going to turn down a line while faced with 10 other biker brothers in the room? Fuck no. He's going to do the line and lie about it in the police report later on.

Edit: also they'll want at least 2 buys with a CI, most likely in a public place. That part is important, the detectives told me they didn't want to send me into a dangerous situation, so they really like parking lots/public places for buys.

Ugh bad memories. Someone snitched on me...it fucked up my whole life. I dropped out of university, quit my job, moved halfway across the country. I never got charged but damn that fucked my life up.

I got to see the search warrant from when one of my dealers got busted, and the officer described the process used to obtain probable cause. It was pretty interesting, and it mentioned how their CI worked. They met with the cops, got searched & come up clean, got followed to the dealer's house (where he was selling out of), came out, got followed somewhere, then got searched & had drugs. They did it a few times before finding which hotel he had moved to & then asking for a warrant on his room :(. So IMO it's more important to have a place that is normal & makes the dealer commfortable than a public one.

Undercovers are definitely not allowed to partake in drug use while on the job. However, it happens from time to time.
You think an undercover is going to turn down a line while faced with 10 other biker brothers in the room? Fuck no. He's going to do the line and lie about it in the police report later on.

Either that or be honest that they had to do the drugs so that their cover wasn't blown which may have led to them being hurt or murdered. I'm sure that they are told that if it comes down to it they can use if it's going to keep them from getting killed, but after that they would probably get pulled from the investigation. I could just never see them telling under-covers that they can get high to be less suspicious.

The only thing That comes to mind when I look at this thread is that book/movie, Rush written by Kim wozencraft. True'ish story.

This raw, frighteningly realistic novel takes us to the explosive front lines of the drug war. Kristin Cates, former Catholic schoolgirl turned narc, is herself turning into an addict. Slowly drowning in the ugly world of the junkie, she makes a bogus case against a businessman and soon finds herself the target of a murderer.

Undercover cops can't use (but they are good actors so you REALLY need to watch closely as they do the drugs because they have a lot of tricks to make it look like theyre doing it, but really are just pushing it off the table or whatever) however CIs can and DO use. Most CIs have habits and either want to stay out of jail or need the $$ to support their habit and become a professional snitch.. And a CI doesn't need a wire or anything when making controlled buys to get a warrant. If they come and make 3 separate purchases of any narcotics from you (especially if its in the same location, ie. a house, apt, traphouse, etc) then they will have enough to get a warrant to come raid you.

This raw, frighteningly realistic novel takes us to the explosive front lines of the drug war. Kristin Cates, former Catholic schoolgirl turned narc, is herself turning into an addict. Slowly drowning in the ugly world of the junkie, she makes a bogus case against a businessman and soon finds herself the target of a murderer.

that sounds like you ripped it straight off the back of the book/movie case

When cops wanted me to be a CI they specifically told me to 'keep using. Don't do anything different. If you get in trouble with the law just have them call us'. Or something along those lines. Not only can a CI do whatever but imo its encouraged.

BTW I never snitched, I got a lawyer and left the state. That was like 5 years ago...lol.

Edit: also they'll want at least 2 buys with a CI, most likely in a public place. That part is important, the detectives told me they didn't want to send me into a dangerous situation, so they really like parking lots/public places for buys.

Ugh bad memories. Someone snitched on me...it fucked up my whole life. I dropped out of university, quit my job, moved halfway across the country. I never got charged but damn that fucked my life up.

Of course you snitched. Only a rat snitch would talk to cops about "how to act" as a CI. You got deep you snitch.

Undercover cops can't use (but they are good actors so you REALLY need to watch closely as they do the drugs because they have a lot of tricks to make it look like theyre doing it, but really are just pushing it off the table or whatever) however CIs can and DO use. Most CIs have habits and either want to stay out of jail or need the $$ to support their habit and become a professional snitch.. And a CI doesn't need a wire or anything when making controlled buys to get a warrant. If they come and make 3 separate purchases of any narcotics from you (especially if its in the same location, ie. a house, apt, traphouse, etc) then they will have enough to get a warrant to come raid you.

Here in Canada cops use. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have also seen a cop in Ontario work as a stripper to infiltrate MC clubs. Don't underestimate how greedy and career orientated these cops are, especially women. If you have doubts about a person there is a reason why your gut is telling you that...no matter what they do.

Here in Canada cops use. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have also seen a cop in Ontario work as a stripper to infiltrate MC clubs. Don't underestimate how greedy and career orientated these cops are, especially women. If you have doubts about a person there is a reason why your gut is telling you that...no matter what they do.

There's a big difference between cops using drugs and cops being allowed to use drugs. Some judges even use drugs, but they are arrested if they are caught, just like police are (unless maybe their partner catches them and doesn't turn them in as long as they agree to stop). Here is a story about just that, and it took place close to Canada (I see that you're from there so you might find it more interesting);

POTSDAM , N.Y. -- Judge Joseph Welch has been the Potsdam Village justice for about three years, but on Friday, that all changed when he resigned for "personal reasons."

Ed Tishler, Potsdam Village Police Chief, said, "We received a complaint of narcotic use up in the courtroom or courtroom area, one of the offices."

That complaint was filed against Welch and after an investigation by village police, evidence of narcotics was found in this court chambers bathroom.

Tishler said, "There wasn't enough evidence at that point to make an arrest. The evidence has been submitted to a lab. It's suspected to be cocaine, but we can't confirm it until we get the tests results back."

The police handed over the investigation to village officials. However, due to lack of evidence and the length of time it would take to get results back, the investigation has been closed. St. Lawrence County Judge Jerome Richards has sealed any records related to the investigation, making a lot of details related to the case private. However, police admit that cases like this are never easy to tackle.

Tishler said, "When you deal with other village employees, it makes it a tough investigation, but we handle the investigation like we would any other investigation. We have a job to do so we would take all the steps we would normally take."

For now, acting Village Justice Margaret Garner will take Welch's place. The Village Mayor will then appoint an interim judge who will fill the spot until November of next year. A permanent judge will then be chosen by voters (source).

Now I highly doubt that they "handle the investigation like we would any other investigation" but they at least did something about it.

Last edited:
How do you get caught using cocaine in what I can only assume is your own private bathroom? There's obviously a lot missing from that story. Maybe his honor was having a wild coke fueled party with the stenographer.

As everyone has already said CI's can definitely use drugs and buy drugs on their own for their own habits and cops might even pay them to do it, and obviously promise plea bargains. I knew this guy who was a major crackhead and was prescribed tons of methadone for some long ago injury. He'd sell the done for his hard or boost stuff when his script ran out. Anyway, he ended selling some done to a high school kid who was used to doing vics or percs. He didn't warn the kid about the strength differences and half life. Basically kid takes a few, doesn't feel anything after 30min, takes more, and some xanax. Kid Od's and goes to the hospital. His older brother is going through his phone and see's my 'friends' txt saying something like 'so did you like those methadone I sold you last night'. No joke, this guy was dumb. He got some serious charges but nothing really came of it, he was well off and we all kind of believed him that his case was being continued forever by his lawyer. Basically he knew some big time hard dealers in the area and I guess worked something out with the cops as far as being a CI and getting a plea.

He continued smoking 24/7 but started trying to get into other stuff, which we presumably thought was to make extra dough to feed his crack habit, which was EXTREME. But it wasn't like any major busts went down for a long while. I think he basically just had to keep giving the cops new leads on dealers, who's doing what etc. We were amazed with the stuff he got away with and were idiots to take his word of things. I mean this kid was like 130, always looked like he never showered, and smoked crack all day and night (which he did). One day one of my boys saw his car pulled over ( he didn't have a license) and we all thought he was going straight to jail. This kid always rolled dirty and 99% of the time was smoking crack; at stop lights, fast food joints, anywhere, or on the way to get crack with several pipes, and rigs. Any cops would have walked up to his window and immediately known by the copious amounts of crack infused sweat pouring off his forehead he was riding dirty. Some how the next day he was around bragging about how he talked his way out of getting searched and just got a driving while license revoked. I checked the local court dockets and that's all he was charged with, but I knew where he was coming from and always got a couple hundred worth. After that I stayed away from him, and he even got pulled a few more times in the next 6months with no new charges (and I mean he was -always- smoking, and I used ride with him on occasion). So we all figured the only way he wasn't sitting in county was that he was a CI. Eventually this girl he gave free hard to in exchange for favors even said he was bragging about how he was a f'ing CI and how this one dude had crossed him and was going to report him to get back. Luckily he apparently liked me and this other boy I used to roll with and nothing ever came down on us. But like two years after his first arrest people started getting popped in weird ways, people that used to be really careful, and he moved back to FL with his mom without any warning/goodbye or whatever. So the only conclusion I drew was that the county cops wanted someone who could give them leads into all sorts of dealers and circles for almost two years. They also got him out of further legal trouble for sure when he'd get pulled over high as hell with his pipe and personal stash.

As for local undercover cops I have no idea if they can use while making buys. Funny enough my GFs dad is a sergeant in a semi-metro area, so maybe I'll casually bring that up if such a thing is possible. The only thing I know about cops using drugs on the job is from TV where they are interviewing like DEA agents who would infiltrate gangs and they said part of the job was 'playing the part' which of course included using drugs. But those are interviews on TV, not sure about real life sorry. If I ever learn anything from my GFs dad I'll let yall know.

The only thing That comes to mind when I look at this thread is that book/movie, Rush written by Kim wozencraft. True'ish story.

C'mon Blahblahblah... at least use quotation marks.... Regardless... Bag is legit.

I know undercover officers are allowed to use drugs when on a job.... so it wouldn't surprise me if someone outside of the payroll was allowed as well.
is that true? i didnt know UC can use

Yea they definitely can use. The guy that wore a wire on me did a shot in the car with me.
now thats fucjked up

I knew another guy that set up his friend for 1/4 oz of weed. They were buds for 25 or more years. I don't understand how you could do that to your life long friend. That's why you never sell to friends friends. Even then you never know.

Here is a quote I heard from someone " Snitches end up in ditches"

sit dont even let the friends of a friebd be in the damn car with your friend..thats how they got me...i didnt even meet up or talk to the friend and i didnt allow her to give him my number and so he just came with her and memorized my license plates and passed it on and thats how theyt found my house..so i didnt even know the snitch, never met him,, never talked to him..he just happened to be in the car once or twice

that kid ended up snitching on her and 2 other people..all because he got caught with a little weed, mistedemeanor amount..and he ends up snitching on 3 of his friends and me to get out of a misty weed possession

my advice is if oyu get snitched onj, fight is as long and as hard as you can with the best lawyer cause those cases can be beat..you just have to have the money for a good lawyer to beat it..i couldnt afford another 4k for trial, i was already out close to 20k between the 2 cases the mo ney was worth it for the first case cause i beat that even though they pulled 2 pounds out of my trunk and had it in the court room as evidence the second case was just bullshit but i got fucked after 10months of fighting it cause the judge retired and then i had a new judge who didnt know all the bullkshit and stalling they did for the previous year and the first time i seen the new judge, it was for my motions and she didnt accept them, where as the first judge my lawyer was almost positive she was gonna accept it and throw the case out cause he had dealt with her and they were personal friends outside of the courts..the new judge was this young hotshot fuckin bitch who is a cunt and treatrs everyone thats comes in front of her like shes god herself judging people

only a rat snitch would know all that you peice of shit snitch.....see how that works? just makes you look like a fucking moron when trying to bust someone out on such things. unless this person specifically snitched on you (in which case it would be stupid to publicly out him) then why the fuck do you care? leave that ghetto no-snitching shit off the boards. granted this is a drug oriented site and these things go hand and hand but the boards arent here for you to publicly ridicule someone for making a decision like that. who are you to say its the right or wrong thing to do. its been my experience that most of the people doing the whole hard core "dont snitch" shit and talk bad about people who they suspect of snitching are the same people who have snitched already or will snitch if they get caught in the right/wrong situation. just leave that petty shit off the boards.

it has also been my experience that most dealers and the black community who tolerate and advertise the "STOP SNITCHING" shit are the ones who will snitch the quickest. but then again that is me being a moron like stiffcock and assuming these people snitch.

i have seen a mid level dealer get caught with an OZ of ready rock and walk out of jail 3 months later....and he had plenty of priors, everyone in the neighborhood said it behind his back, that he snitched, that there was no way he could have walked without giving up info on a charge like that. but who knows if he did or who he snitched on....its all in the game....if you are unwilling to deal with certain aspects of the game (like getting snitched on) then dont play the game. you should never get into the dope game and assume anyone you deal with is trustworthy enough not to snitch on you, you get into the dope game assuming everyone is already a snitch and make it as difficult as possible for anyone to have enough info or anything to get a serious charge on you IT IS ALL IN THE GAME.

you guys can say what you want about snitches and shit. im going to go ahead and say it....i will never ridicule someone for snitching to save himself, unless its like a real good friend but as far as junky and dealer go....do you think that dealer is going to take a charge for you? FUCK NO. if some guy with 3 kids and a small dope habit gets off work and cops some bags and gets pulled over, searched, and they find the dope and he gives the dealers name then how the fuck can you blame the guy unless you were the one who got snitched on? i just dont understand how some people can sit there and say fuck snitches etc without knowing a damn thing about them....even if you knew for a fact that someone snitched who are you to say it was right/wrong? do you think that dudes 3 kids are going to be telling his dad "you should never snitch, we can deal without you for awhile"

i honestly think its a really coward move to snitch but thats not for me to ultimately decide and judge. if someone snitches, thats their own problem/deal and it has nothing to do with me so i am in no place to say anything about it.

is that true? i didnt know UC can use

now thats fucjked up

sit dont even let the friends of a friebd be in the damn car with your friend..thats how they got me...i didnt even meet up or talk to the friend and i didnt allow her to give him my number and so he just came with her and memorized my license plates and passed it on and thats how theyt found my house..so i didnt even know the snitch, never met him,, never talked to him..he just happened to be in the car once or twice

that kid ended up snitching on her and 2 other people..all because he got caught with a little weed, mistedemeanor amount..and he ends up snitching on 3 of his friends and me to get out of a misty weed possession

my advice is if oyu get snitched onj, fight is as long and as hard as you can with the best lawyer cause those cases can be beat..you just have to have the money for a good lawyer to beat it..i couldnt afford another 4k for trial, i was already out close to 20k between the 2 cases the mo ney was worth it for the first case cause i beat that even though they pulled 2 pounds out of my trunk and had it in the court room as evidence the second case was just bullshit but i got fucked after 10months of fighting it cause the judge retired and then i had a new judge who didnt know all the bullkshit and stalling they did for the previous year and the first time i seen the new judge, it was for my motions and she didnt accept them, where as the first judge my lawyer was almost positive she was gonna accept it and throw the case out cause he had dealt with her and they were personal friends outside of the courts..the new judge was this young hotshot fuckin bitch who is a cunt and treatrs everyone thats comes in front of her like shes god herself judging people

from what i understand you actually have a good chance of beating the case if you get snitched on....just get your lawyer to bring in the CI and all he files they have on him and check his credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.