• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Dangerous Combinations Thread

I don`t know if we should add this experience to the list. Anyway I feel it to be interesting to be told to you, guys.

Something like 5 years ago, me and my friend were having a very good night with Foxy (aka 5-MeO-DIPT), standard weighted common dosage, with GC/MS tested material. It was less than 10mg for everyone.

After all efects were coming down, something like +6H later, we took a small dosage of 4-AcO-DMT, again, standard weighted LOW dosage, with GC/MS tested material.

I know we should not mix this materials. They are both RC`s and tryptamines, with no very long history. But I was not very experienced by then about this kind of substances.

My closed-eye visuals started to show realistic images about the common places where I was used to be by then, and the common people I was used to see by then. It was near-ridiculous and near-unexplainable, but at the same time, I was feeling a very nice experience, maybe because I never had such strange-realistic visuals. I remember (closed-eye always) the coffee-machine of my office floating everywhere in my office rounded by stars of a blue color. It was like a dream that was continuously growing like a film. The coffee machine ended up in my father`s house, my father was there, and I really can`t remember a lot more, but it was everything like this. Animations of my common known places/persons being continued by themselves. Like a strange surrealistic dream.

My closed-eye visuals with common tryptamines (not DMT or 5-Meo-DMT: just the rest) are usually more "abstract", like fractals continuously moving, or lights moving, geographic forms, etc. I had a lot of new psychedelic experiences after this one without the same result.

I don`t know if this experience should be posted here because I didn`t had any bad consequence about the trip but the closed-eye visuals were looking SO strange and weird... that I really was asking myself if it was dangerous for my mind health.

I never mix/suggest mixing any RCs without solid knowledge. I don`t do it from such experience.

Maybe we should create a thread for this? Did you had any experience like this one?

Happy christmas, and new year, my friends! ;-)

Is Salvia divinorum negatively contraindicated with anything at all?

I have no idea, but Ithink perhaps Salvia by itself for some people is too disorientating to be safe if they haven't take precautions (have a sitter, place, etc). I can picture someone (could even be me as I have not yet sampled this flora) for example walking off a empty space like road bridge or other elevated area and falling or hurting themselves otherwise.

There aren't really an physiological interactions from it but one should very wary of the psychological effects of salvia combinations.

Is Salvia divinorum negatively contraindicated with anything at all?

No, I don't believe so. It's probably one of the safest drugs there is from this standpoint. It's probably also one of the safest drugs there is toxicologically.

I have no idea, but Ithink perhaps Salvia by itself for some people is too disorientating to be safe if they haven't take precautions (have a sitter, place, etc). I can picture someone (could even be me as I have not yet sampled this flora) for example walking off a empty space like road bridge or other elevated area and falling or hurting themselves otherwise.

I think this is an unnecessary level of paranoia. Whilst some people do become ambulant on high doses of Salvia, most people are incapacitated. The re-integration phase after the peak is the most likely time people will be walking about, but even then your movements will be minimal. Like any drug, you have to choose your setting correctly. Sure, if you smoke a breakthrough dose of Salvia whilst standing on the edge of a road bridge then you might end up accidentally walking off it, but that would be pretty stupid place to smoke it, wouldn't it!

Salvia has been around a long time now compared to many of the compounds discussed in this forum, and there are no such reports (thank goodness) of people coming to harm because of their ability to move whilst tripping. Whenever I've taken Salvia, I've barely moved more than a metre from my original position until I came back to normal consciousness.

Are there dangers mixing IAP with 5-MEO-DALT?

... I have been advised that two closely related compounds, 5-meo mipt and 5-meo dipt, have been shown to act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Based on this I would not advise mixing 5-meo dalt with IAP which is a serotonin releaser. SSRAs and SSRIs do not mix as they could lead to great harm &\or death.

Is this correct?

5-MeO-DALT seems to have an unusual pharmacology which is uninvestigated. Although nothing leaps out as a contraindication I would still be very cautious about mixing those two.

I don`t know if we should add this experience to the list. Anyway I feel it to be interesting to be told to you, guys.

Something like 5 years ago, me and my friend were having a very good night with Foxy (aka 5-MeO-DIPT), standard weighted common dosage, with GC/MS tested material. It was less than 10mg for everyone.

After all efects were coming down, something like +6H later, we took a small dosage of 4-AcO-DMT, again, standard weighted LOW dosage, with GC/MS tested material.

I really liked my experience when I mixed 6mg 5MeODiPT with 1.5gr of dry mushrooms. Obviously not the same but comparable to your experience.
I watched David Lynch's Blue Velvet. Sexually weird stuff. But I liked it too. No bad interactions, just strange sensations. I felt "like an animal" if that would explain something.

GHB + ketamine is a bad mix. I've seen somebody very sick on this mix, he even needed medical attention from the staff at the party.

I recently treated an inflammatory wound with mefenamic acid pills over several days. on one day i had a normal dose of MXE and found myself not only trashed way more bigtime as usual but also on a very long trip. but mostly only the negative effects (doublevision, motoric distortions, dizzyness) were present far over 12 hours. around 16-18 hours and good 24 hours unable to sleep accompanied with nausea, where usually i can sleep right after the 8 hours ride. anyone know if there might be a negative interaction between this kind of painkillers and MXE? (i didnt have anything else substancerelated, not even alcohol nor weed)

Are there dangers mixing IAP with 5-MEO-DALT?

... I have been advised that two closely related compounds, 5-meo mipt and 5-meo dipt, have been shown to act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Based on this I would not advise mixing 5-meo dalt with IAP which is a serotonin releaser. SSRAs and SSRIs do not mix as they could lead to great harm &\or death.

Is this correct?

There should be no danger combining these two given what we know about their pharmacology.

You are correct that some of these tryptamines have been shown to be SSRIs to some degree. However, mixing serotonin releasers and SSRIs is a safe practise. The two mechanisms cannot operate simultaneously on the same receptor, and therefore the issue of serotonin syndrome cannot happen as it can with MAOI + SSRI, or MAOI + SRAs.

GHB + ketamine is a bad mix. I've seen somebody very sick on this mix, he even needed medical attention from the staff at the party.

Thank you. This doesn't surprise me, since alcohol + ketamine can produce the same reaction, and I believe that combo is in the list. I feel we should have a section dedicated to dissociatives; I PM'd the mods in November about adding ketamine + MAOI as per psood0nyms's post on the the matter. The sticky has yet to be updated.

I recently treated an inflammatory wound with mefenamic acid pills over several days. on one day i had a normal dose of MXE and found myself not only trashed way more bigtime as usual but also on a very long trip. but mostly only the negative effects (doublevision, motoric distortions, dizzyness) were present far over 12 hours. around 16-18 hours and good 24 hours unable to sleep accompanied with nausea, where usually i can sleep right after the 8 hours ride. anyone know if there might be a negative interaction between this kind of painkillers and MXE? (i didnt have anything else substancerelated, not even alcohol nor weed)

Hmm, that's interesting. Mefenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflamattory drug, like aspirin or ibuprofen. I can't see a pharmacological reason why they would interact, but I know relatively little about about the mechanisms involved in COX inhibition and prostaglandin signalling. Maybe there is some secondary process involved which conflicts somehow with the PCP family of drugs. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of biology/pharmacology can shed some light on this.

Ketamine and GHB doesn't have to be dangerous. If you are careful with your doses then it can be quite pleasant but it is a classic 1+1=3 combining downers.

Yes, but combining CNS depressants is always contraindicated, for that very reason.

Since you're here Transform, I also want to ask you: what is the status of the ketamine + MAOI entry?

obsidious said:
I recently treated an inflammatory wound with mefenamic acid pills over several days. on one day i had a normal dose of MXE and found myself not only trashed way more bigtime as usual but also on a very long trip. but mostly only the negative effects (doublevision, motoric distortions, dizzyness)

Most of those negative effects are listed as side effects of mefenamic acid, not just MXE. As to whether or not doing them together would make you more vulnerable to those side effects, or produce them through some hitherto unknown interaction (ketamine isn't listed as having any contraindication with it), or it was just a freak occurrence, I can only say this: not enough data.

SA said:
what is the status of the ketamine + MAOI entry

None of us got back to you on that? Whoops, sorry, sometimes everyone just assumes someone else did it. Couldn't dredge up any evidence of a contraindication, just some reports that there was no contraindication observed between the two. So it was felt that any warning we put up would be specious.

Last edited:
strange, i've always found that besides killing my acid/mushroom trip almost immediately, opiates never really caused me any problems when mixed with psychedelics. unless the concern is that under the influence of a psychedelic you may not be able to tell how strongly an opiate is affecting you. i just used known quantities i was already familiar with.

None of us got back to you on that? Whoops, sorry, sometimes everyone just assumes someone else did it. Couldn't dredge up any evidence of a contraindication, just some reports that there was no contraindication observed between the two. So it was felt that any warning we put up would be specious.

I appreciate the reply and for taking the time to look it up, thank you indeed.

strange, i've always found that besides killing my acid/mushroom trip almost immediately, opiates never really caused me any problems when mixed with psychedelics. unless the concern is that under the influence of a psychedelic you may not be able to tell how strongly an opiate is affecting you. i just used known quantities i was already familiar with.

To which opiates/combos are you referring? Meperidine, methadone and tramadol are contraindicated because they have a peculiar pharmacology from other opiates which makes them dangerous in combination with MAOIs; i.e. they have SSRI properties, and SSRIs in combo with MAOIs is a big no. They should theoretically be fine in combo with serotonin agonist psychedelics, but in fact some people have reported great potentiation with tramadol. The jury is still out on this one, so I don't want to make any definitive statements either way. But if the phenylpiperidine opioids are contraindicated with psychedelics, it must be through a mechanism other than the one previously stated.

Other opiates such as the morphinan derivatives should be fine in combo with all serotonergics.

Other opiates such as the morphinan derivatives should be fine in combo with all serotonergics.

This is the extent of my experience, usually smoking a bit of tar at the tail-end of a mind-shattering inner journey. Thanks for clearing up the MAOI contraindications with the other opioids, makes a whole lot of sense.

I noticed this:

Beta-blockers (e.g. Propranolol, Atenolol):

X All stimulants and empathogens (e.g. Amphetamine, Cocaine, MDMA, Mephedrone)
X aMT (alpha-Methyltryptamine)
X LSD/LSA
X Datura/Belladonna/Brugmansia

What's with the acid one? I've did a lot of psychedelics lately on beta blockers including LSD without realizing. Also how soon after is it okay to use stimulants/empathogens? I've did this a good few times already how unsafe is it? Just on 40mg instant Propranolol but was originally 80 and I only take when I feel needed due to interactions.

Just wondering if taking 5-meo-mipt ~7 hours after 2c-t-7 would be dangerous.

To me it would seem unwise as 2c-t-7 is said to have maoi properties and I believe I read earlier in the thread that 5-meo-mipt has serotonin reuptake properties.

Just wondering if anyone else with more knowledge could chime in.

Thanks,
Tired

I am worried that my propranolol and depakote(50:50 sodium valproate/valporic acid) will be contraindicated with psychedelic use. Can you guys help me figure out how long I should be off these medications in order to indulge in a psychedelic substance?