• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

Fuck me, addiction to pods is pretty brutal! Ended up using them after running out of kratom and not being in the position to ride out the wd's. Now about 2 months into daily dosing and ive become one nasty abusive excuse of a human being. It pisses me off majorly that I can legally purchase a huge amount of opiates, extremely cheap but need to risk legal issues and spend an arm and a leg to get my weed and weed extracts. I really can't wait for my kratom order, so I can get off this muck and get my life back on track!

Well, I've chopped all my poppies today, this is my haul:

Approx 200 decent sized pods, but many more small ones were discarded. Shouldn't take long to dry in this weather and no signs of mould as yet.

I actually got more last year, but only ended up with about 70 due to mould as the weather was quite wet.

Last edited:
Fuck me, addiction to pods is pretty brutal! Ended up using them after running out of kratom and not being in the position to ride out the wd's. Now about 2 months into daily dosing and ive become one nasty abusive excuse of a human being. It pisses me off majorly that I can legally purchase a huge amount of opiates, extremely cheap but need to risk legal issues and spend an arm and a leg to get my weed and weed extracts. I really can't wait for my kratom order, so I can get off this muck and get my life back on track!

do you find kratom more effective than pods?

Good haul, FUBAR. I ditched the immature pods

do you use the fresh pods to extract the wet latex, or dry them and make tea?

Just tea mate. I've tried slitting the pods before and it's too labour intensive for very little return - not to mention highly suspicious activity if you have neighbours. If the pods are dried and left whole to be brewed up as required, you have the excuse of wanting them for pot pourri or dried flower displays.

do you find kratom more effective than pods?

Depends what you mean by effective. For me, pods last longer, give heavier effects and subsequently, much longer and heavier withdrawals. I actually find kratom more euphoric and although it doesnt last as long, it makes me feel much less side effects compared to pods and other harder opiates, like stomach discomfort, depression, rage, constipation, lowered sex drive etc are all much less intense with kratom.. I used kratom for years and only got on pods because I ran out of kratom. I have used kratom to get off pods in the past fairly pain free.

Just finished the last of my pods after a fortnight of daily dosing. I'm expecting to suffer some physical discomfort over the next week or so as I could feel the tell tale signs of a burgeoning dependence - I've been reminded both why I love opiates and also why I should never touch them again.

After the first few (nightly) doses which gave me that twilight sleep effect where I'd repeatedly wake up, roll a fag then gouch out, I quickly rediscovered the medicinal and functional benefits of opiates. My smokers cough disappeared. My drinkers morning diarrhea turned into solid shits. I cruised through my working day with no fatigue, stress or anxiety. I wish those effects would last, but thankfully I'm experienced enough to know that they never do. The good thing is I've run out now and am just going to have to ride it out for a few days.

Anyway, just wanted to share a poppy pod tea technique I've developed which is totally hassle free and pretty effective:

Crush pods into small pieces and pour into a thermos flask. Add some acid of choice - I use lemon or orange juice.

Boil kettle then let stand for a minute or so to go off the boil.

Pour a mug full of hot water into the flask. Close and shake.

Fuck off and do something else for a while.

When ready to dose, place a tea strainer or prewetted J-cloth in a mug and pour the liquid from the flask. The shape of the flask allows you to decant the solution with minimal grounds falling out - the strainer or J- cloth will catch those that do.

Drink contents of mug, add more hot water to the flask and repeat.

This method is great for taking to work. It takes minimal preparation in the morning and the flask keeps the water hot enough to assist the extraction. By brew time, you can be pretty confident that the poppies have mashed long enough to give a decent dose. I've been doing this 3 or 4 times a day on the same grounds - even leaving the previous days grounds in the flask and just adding more the next day.

Disclaimer: don't do this, it's addictive...

You posted this a couple of days ago now. How's the withdrawal?

Just finished the last of my pods after a fortnight of daily dosing. I'm expecting to suffer some physical discomfort over the next week or so as I could feel the tell tale signs of a burgeoning dependence - I've been reminded both why I love opiates and also why I should never touch them again.

After the first few (nightly) doses which gave me that twilight sleep effect where I'd repeatedly wake up, roll a fag then gouch out, I quickly rediscovered the medicinal and functional benefits of opiates. My smokers cough disappeared. My drinkers morning diarrhea turned into solid shits. I cruised through my working day with no fatigue, stress or anxiety. I wish those effects would last, but thankfully I'm experienced enough to know that they never do. The good thing is I've run out now and am just going to have to ride it out for a few days.

Anyway, just wanted to share a poppy pod tea technique I've developed which is totally hassle free and pretty effective:

Crush pods into small pieces and pour into a thermos flask. Add some acid of choice - I use lemon or orange juice.

Boil kettle then let stand for a minute or so to go off the boil.

Pour a mug full of hot water into the flask. Close and shake.

Fuck off and do something else for a while.

When ready to dose, place a tea strainer or prewetted J-cloth in a mug and pour the liquid from the flask. The shape of the flask allows you to decant the solution with minimal grounds falling out - the strainer or J- cloth will catch those that do.

Drink contents of mug, add more hot water to the flask and repeat.

This method is great for taking to work. It takes minimal preparation in the morning and the flask keeps the water hot enough to assist the extraction. By brew time, you can be pretty confident that the poppies have mashed long enough to give a decent dose. I've been doing this 3 or 4 times a day on the same grounds - even leaving the previous days grounds in the flask and just adding more the next day.

Disclaimer: don't do this, it's addictive...

This is actually brilliant.

Making a poppy tea always seemed like a bit of a chore to me - I'm sure I read something about boiling with a frying pan, and my last attempt to make just a 'normal tea' was a disaster. Am I right in thinking that onset is quickened with the tea? Because it seems to be as high as four hours otherwise. Anyway, your method seems to be a clever way to circumvent boiling them!

So I just blended four pods with some fresh chamomile (because why not), and I'll see where it gets me later. I've taken some amphetamine so this is something to take later tonight and send me off to sleep. I added lemon juice and placed it in a flask. I'll strain it before bed and see where it gets me. :)

This is actually brilliant.

Making a poppy tea always seemed like a bit of a chore to me - I'm sure I read something about boiling with a frying pan, and my last attempt to make just a 'normal tea' was a disaster. Am I right in thinking that onset is quickened with the tea? Because it seems to be as high as four hours otherwise. Anyway, your method seems to be a clever way to circumvent boiling them!

So I just blended four pods with some fresh chamomile (because why not), and I'll see where it gets me later. I've taken some amphetamine so this is something to take later tonight and send me off to sleep. I added lemon juice and placed it in a flask. I'll strain it before bed and see where it gets me. :)

Thanks Tranced, let us know if you find it effective. It certainly beats standing over a simmering pan for half an hour or so and makes the subsequent filtering much easier.

Weirdly my tea was lukewarm when I poured it. They were pretty small pods, but sometimes the small are as good as the big IME. Pods that is. Hopefully it works, but I seem to have a natural tolerance to opiates.

Weirdly my tea was lukewarm when I poured it. They were pretty small pods, but sometimes the small are as good as the big IME. Pods that is. Hopefully it works, but I seem to have a natural tolerance to opiates.

You've obviously got a shit flask then mate :)

I was dosing 7 - 10 of my home grown pods that were slightly bigger than a large marble - i.e. conker sized

Last edited:
Thanks Tranced, let us know if you find it effective. It certainly beats standing over a simmering pan for half an hour or so and makes the subsequent filtering much easier.
It is nothing short of genius.

*applauds*

You've obviously got a shit flask then mate :)

To be fair, I know for a fact it works* because when I first used it two years back I didn't expect the water to be boiling hot and scalded my chin.

*Might be broken though, I suppose. Either that or I left it open by accident.

It didn't do much if anything unfortunately, but I only used the three small pods. I have like fifteen which I'm going to standardise, so will update then.

Yeh, I think even the best flask won't keep a small quantity of water hot for very long - the more airspace the quicker it cools. However, even if it keeps it hot for only an hour that should be sufficient. I think your problem Tranced was dosage. 3 smallish pods is fuck all tbh. I'd double that if I were you mate.

FUBAR in your method are you drying out your pods first or crushing them up fresh?

I think I'm going to stop the steeping/tea method and simply swallow the dry pod powder/bits whole -disgusting maybe, but at least I know I'll be consuming the required goodies.

Totally dried mate. This summer has been brilliant for drying pods - I was able to just crush them in my fingers.

I wouldn't recommend the method you're suggesting though - I've drunk liquidised fresh pods before and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The best way I can describe it is extreme lassitude for well over 24 hours.

Totally dried mate. This summer has been brilliant for drying pods - I was able to just crush them in my fingers.

I wouldn't recommend the method you're suggesting though - I've drunk liquidised fresh pods before and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The best way I can describe it is extreme lassitude for well over 24 hours.

I'm not having much joy with the boiling, straining and drinking method in terms of results, so perhaps swallowing the grinds might improve the effects

but yeah I am concerned wih eating the pods raw because they could be contaminated with anything - bacteria, mould, pesticides or other nasties that could make me ill, since I don't know where they've come from or how they've been processed. I have thought about sterilising the pods first with a UV light sterilser - the kind they use to sterilise baby's bottles

For now I'll boil the grinds as per normal to hopefully kill off any bacteria or pathogens, and then swallow them down with the water

Last edited:
I asked in the heroin thread but I figured it would be better suited here. Anyone know if you can find unwashed seeds at costco or whatever in ireland?