• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

do you got any tips/guide for growing them? I would like to put a few in front of my flat

i got no intention of making tea, I did before with seeds but I'm not really interested anymore, I will swap flat in 2 days. as I live on the lowest floor I got the garden from the front of the block for myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Think its a bit early to be harvesting pods @Tranced.
However you may have some very quick to mature specimens, but normally mid to.end of July is about right.
However (and sorry if I'm preaching to the choir) the time of year is less important than them being "ripe". The ring at the base of the pod should be brown, the pod should be drooping a bit, and the crown should be curled upwards.
You're in Newcastle, right?

The reason I harvested now is because I was on holiday in the UK and there were literally hundreds tempting me up against a garden wall every single day.

My understanding was that the pods will still mature even when removed from the base of the plant - is this correct? The seeds certainly still mature this way, from past experience. Anyway, I've got a few downstairs and I'll stick a photo up inabit if you'd like to take a look.

Cheers for the advice my man. Also, yes Newcastle, but I was up in Seahouses, about 40 miles north on the coast.

Okay so here here are the photographs:

The first was taken a few days before the second. Same batch but different poppy pods in the photos, FTR. The second have been in the house a few days.

I'm aware they're not mature in the sense that they haven't run their full cycle, but would picking at this time effect their potency significantly considering I'm going to let them mature indoors/in sunlight, just not on the plant.

Cheers.

aREJAXf.jpg

jdeXRtI.jpg

To be fair, they're not far off at all and I doubt there would be much difference in potency. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a drop off in potency after a certain point - but I've no idea where that point may be.

I chopped about half of mine earlier, but ran out of space on my drying rack, so the rest will have to wait for a bit.

1800 statewide

Last edited:
Those are some nice looking pods FUBAR! Some real giants there.
@Tranced they look like theyll do the job if you used enough. Depends on your tolerance and how much of a high you're expecting really. Yours look more like guerilla picking pods than FUBAR's cultivated efforts. If you cant be arsed to grow them yourself, you can easily go out with a couple of carrier bags and fill them up on the right day.
If you do a lot of walking around, just make sure you have a couple of empty carrier bags and a tough-ish pair of scissors on you at all times from july to September and you'll strike gold eventually.
I saw an absolute fuckload growing alongside a stone wall only today, ripe and ready to harvest, easily enough for 15-20 strong doses at least with no tolerance.
You know what you're looking for, and thats half the battle.

To be fair, they're not far off at all and I doubt there would be much difference in potency. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a drop off in potency after a certain point - but I've no idea where that point may be.

I chopped about half of mine earlier, but ran out of space on my drying rack, so the rest will have to wait for a bit.

1800 statewide

Are those bed slats that you've repurposed? Also, did you mean to post that 1800 statewide link, if so am I missing the purpose of it?

Are those bed slats that you've repurposed? Also, did you mean to post that 1800 statewide link, if so am I missing the purpose of it?

Haha, Well spotted that man! =D They are indeed bed slats, with the front piece of a radiator cover as the rack.

I uploaded the image via imgbb, and they always add some random link which I keep forgetting to delete...

bed slats, with the front piece of a radiator cover as the rack.

Nice new drying rack for 2019! That is a real labour of love, good work. The 2018 model let small heads fall through I guess. Better harvest this year too. JEL

Those are some nice looking pods FUBAR! Some real giants there.
@Tranced they look like theyll do the job if you used enough. Depends on your tolerance and how much of a high you're expecting really. Yours look more like guerilla picking pods than FUBAR's cultivated efforts. If you cant be arsed to grow them yourself, you can easily go out with a couple of carrier bags and fill them up on the right day.
If you do a lot of walking around, just make sure you have a couple of empty carrier bags and a tough-ish pair of scissors on you at all times from july to September and you'll strike gold eventually.
I saw an absolute fuckload growing alongside a stone wall only today, ripe and ready to harvest, easily enough for 15-20 strong doses at least with no tolerance.

Was it in a rural area? I haven't seen any growing wild here in the city. I guess you have to be sure they're Somiferums though

1800 statewide

Fubar, this is an absolute work of art. Good work my man. x

Yip, grabbed from over a wall while on holiday last week. They do actually grow in my garden, and always have done. We have a few plants coming up but the pods would be (are) pretty sparse.

oh my Lord, I had an absolutely horrible experience on dried pods yesterday. Copious vomiting like I was Linda Blair from the Exorcist ? and one of the worst migraines I've ever had. I've gone right off pods now....they're not for me

Would fresh pods be better? Shame I don't have a garden though

oh my Lord, I had an absolutely horrible experience on dried pods yesterday. Copious vomiting like I was Linda Blair from the Exorcist ? and one of the worst migraines I've ever had. I've gone right off pods now....they're not for me

Would fresh pods be better? Shame I don't have a garden though

Bloody hell, what dose did you take? I have pretty much zero tolerance atm (but previously had 20 years of heroin/methadone addiction) and around 7-10 pods is a decent dose for me. That's around 10 - 12g of dried material for the pods I use.

But fresh pods would definitely not be better. I find the fresh pods to be much more dysphoric and ultra long lasting than dried.

Bloody hell, what dose did you take? I have pretty much zero tolerance atm (but previously had 20 years of heroin/methadone addiction) and around 7-10 pods is a decent dose for me. That's around 10 - 12g of dried material for the pods I use.

But fresh pods would definitely not be better. I find the fresh pods to be much more dysphoric and ultra long lasting than dried.

I've been doing around 40g :oops:

perhaps been overdoing it. Less is maybe more

I can't think that no matter how strong the pods are they'd ever be in the same league as Heroin?

I've been doing around 40g :oops:

perhaps been overdoing it. Less is maybe more

I can't think that no matter how strong the pods are they'd ever be in the same league as Heroin?

Obviously poppy pods will never be in the same league as heroin, they're more akin to methadone really - two related but very different drugs. Poppy pods can be potent, but they provide a very different experience to heroin, regardless of dose. They are less euphoric, but have a far longer Half-Life and trying to chase a heroin high with them are likely to result in the experience you related.

Definitely less is more...

Obviously poppy pods will never be in the same league as heroin, they're more akin to methadone really - two related but very different drugs. Poppy pods can be potent, but they provide a very different experience to heroin, regardless of dose. They are less euphoric, but have a far longer Half-Life and trying to chase a heroin high with them are likely to result in the experience you related.

Definitely less is more...

I've never used Heroin so wouldn't be able to compare. As far as I know the source of my dried pods is good as other people have told me they get something out of them

I think maybe I'm overdoing it and expecting too much. Perhaps pods - when they work - are more subtle. I'm certainly not expecting it to be like what I imagine heroin is like. Then again I never got much from kratom

as for the technique for preparation - this has been discussed to death, but the main controversy seems to be whether boiling the grinds first would denature the opium, even though it seems wise to do so from a health perspective.

As opium can be smoked, I would conjecture that boiling it shouldn't affect the efficacy or potency. Any thoughts?

Obviously it all depends upon the quality and potency of the pods you use. I personally like the long lasting functionality they provide, making for a nice chilled out working day, but as ever, YMMV. As for the preparation, i dont know if boiling them has a detrimental effect upon the resulting experience or not, although I don't think that not boiling them has any health implications - unless they're a rancid rotting mess, in which case I wouldn't take them anyway.

I've also been under the impression that adding an acid such as lemon juice helps improve the extraction, but I ran out of lemon juice recently so had to use just water, but I've not noticed any difference at all. It's just a case of experimenting and finding what works for you.

Guys, you should just try eating them. No prep, stronger high and with all the fiber, there is no problem like clogging up the back side.

Guys, you should just try eating them. No prep, stronger high and with all the fiber, there is no problem like clogging up the back side.

Eating them raw, or dried? Either way, no thank you!