• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

HOLY FUCK. That looks WAY better than my current garden. I used heirloom somniferums in a not so great bed of soil (first grow and scrambled it together last minute), but still. I'd be interested in knowing what cultivar that is and also what kind of opium yield you can expect from that? Color me impressed, I'm gonna have to try to bust out something like that next year lol. I'm probably only going to have enough of anything to do a few experiments this year.

I found the first couple of years crop to be pretty lacklustre, but unlike many other plants, poppies seem to thrive from being repeatedly grown in the same soil for some reason. Persevere and you will be rewarded.

A decent dose for me is about 7 dried pods crushed and brewed. I no longer have an opiate tolerance so this is just my annual treat.

It doesn't taste foul at all. If you use lemon juice it just tastes like lemon tea. But do not add sugar or milk, because that makes it taste shit.

As for the cultivar, I haven't got a clue. I pissed around for a couple of years with shop bought seeds and the germination rate was terrible. Then I found a bag of seeds my dad gave me years ago and now I can't keep the fuckers down.

No special soil, just bog standard garden soil. Absolutely no attention required.

Thanks mate, for that info I'll now only ask you get a good beating & not have your fingers cut off when I become a narco baron.

I found the first couple of years crop to be pretty lacklustre, but unlike many other plants, poppies seem to thrive from being repeatedly grown in the same soil for some reason. Persevere and you will be rewarded.

Interesting! That's actually really strange in the plant kingdom but makes sense at the same time. I'll make sure to remember that! Thanks dude.

These white arsed bumble bees fuckin love poppies.

I watch them in the mornings and they're fuckin mad for it...

AI watched a hover fly waking up in one giving it a good licking all round one summer morning a couple of years back. Was beautiful

I may or may not have spent several years addicted to the shit....

For me the high of PT is completely unique: the fats, carbohydrates, starches and proteins slow the rate of absorption but increase the probability of the alkaloids reaching the neural Mu system while the mix of 27 opioids provide an exceptionally rounded effect profile with every sub-unit getting tickled, along with the time-dependent competitive inhibition and induction of hepatic catabolic enzymes to produce up to 18 hours of the solidly euphoric dance with the devil by the name of Morpheus. <3
Harvest time is approaching...

Off yer Facebook indeed. Has a like function for posts. They are great. I HD some over wintered the council killed but I've a deep pink collection. Pods swelling nicely, it's a, decent thing, better than forever handing cash over to moaning prats.

Oh yeah, looked like Christmas trees to start with. Nice weather for drinking poppy tea rather than buying gear.

Oh yeah, looked like Christmas trees to start with. Nice weather for drinking poppy tea rather than buying gear.
100% Always loved poppy tea in the summer, makes for some lovely nature walks. Far more preferable than sweating my back out for those “ten minutes” that last hours.

Poppy pod tea just seems to make me violently sick the next day. Perhaps I use too much, but I briefly boil the crushed pods to hopefully kill off any nasty pathogens

More worringly, on a couple of occasions after drinking the tea I came out in a weird rash - red spots over my body which lasted for a few days. Was I poisoned?

There are dozens of alkaloids in pods - you may be sensitive to one or more or possible histamine reaction- was it itchy?. Never done em myself only opium and gear.

^ Indeed.
Codeine is definitely not for some, or at least one's in need of Antihistamineland.
Thebaine doesn't sound nice either, but it's used for so many synthetic yummies (especially the wonderfully named "TheBacon"... It's got all THE BACON!!!

Got fuckloads of pods today, going to dry & blend then continue attempting the FUBAR method with the coffee flask until it fucking works. Absolutely determined to get something other than a mild high off poppy pods.

Think its a bit early to be harvesting pods @Tranced.
However you may have some very quick to mature specimens, but normally mid to.end of July is about right.
However (and sorry if I'm preaching to the choir) the time of year is less important than them being "ripe". The ring at the base of the pod should be brown, the pod should be drooping a bit, and the crown should be curled upwards.
You're in Newcastle, right?

However you may have some very quick to mature specimens, but normally mid to.end of July is about right.
However (and sorry if I'm preaching to the choir) the time of year is less important than them being "ripe". The ring at the base of the pod should be brown, the pod should be drooping a bit, and the crown should be curled upwards.

The reason I harvested now is because I was on holiday in the UK and there were literally hundreds tempting me up against a garden wall every single day.

My understanding was that the pods will still mature even when removed from the base of the plant - is this correct? The seeds certainly still mature this way, from past experience. Anyway, I've got a few downstairs and I'll stick a photo up inabit if you'd like to take a look.

Cheers for the advice my man. Also, yes Newcastle, but I was up in Seahouses, about 40 miles north on the coast.

All mine are well ready for harvest now, but they were all self seeded from last year's crop and had started growing before the winter, so they had a good start.

Well mature pods also dry a lot quicker when chopped than immature pods.