• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS The Official Herbavore Appreciation Thread!

(who knitted me a beanie that came in VERY HANDY last night out in the cold. because some doofus forgot where he parked.)

Snowing pretty heavy here tonight, will likely be making use of mine out tomorrow. :) Who does things like that? Knits hats for someone they've never met 4000 miles away just for the love? Special. <3

Herbavore is someone very special, I'm certain she has no idea just how special she is or ho her words touch people so deeply.

I will always remember the few kind words she wrote when I lost my Grandmother at a very difficult time, she knew just what to say and it helped me immensely.

All my love Herb <3 <3 keep shinning

One of the most inspiring people I've ever spoken to. Every time I start to lose faith in humanity, the person that I think of that reminds me of all that is good in human nature. My visits to TDS are infrequent now with work, but it always makes me happy to see Herbavore's posts. :)

This thread isn't just a testament to this great person you all seem to know and love, its a testament to the power of this online community. I'm a greenlighter, I don't post much but I come on the TDS all the time and it always makes me feel better to see you all supporting people who are very often strangers. I have sought advice here before and been very grateful for the positive feedback. Things are going decent in my life now, as in my mental health is stable, but its so good to know I have the fallback of complete strangers who care so much for one another through this community. This concept, of the online community, is only twenty years old give or take, and I'm guessing when the internet first came around, people didn't assume it would be such a positive resource for people in need. So you all do awesome work and are really providing light to so many out there who haven't posted but get comfort from the continual work of TDS and bluelight as a whole. Its truly amazing, human potential for kindness and bluelight and TDS seem to unlock that potential. Now I'm rambling but whoever you are, reading this, you can give and find love in all sorts of places and when ever you feel alone, just keep on supporting people around you, however little you know them. Love will come back to you and you will reach a higher level of existence, humans connecting with other humans. <3 <3 <3 :)

Herbavore has saved me in these darkest six weeks of my life. Some of the darkness could not be spoken of or shared with anyone else - and I don't know what I would have done alone. I will be grateful forever, and to Bluelight for the comfort and companionship it gave Where Wolf? in his darkness, the light it opened in him - his wonderful dark burn of salty humor burned here too.

Herbavore, you are an incredible woman. I love and appreciate you. Your contributions to the BL community in general and to my own life in particular are profound.

<3

I had no idea this thread existed, but I sure am glad it does
herbavore is the most amazing person I have never met
what she gives to this community can never be measured as she touches more than just this community-she will inevitably affect many more than just us-our family, friends, co-workers.....anyone that is positively affected in our lives because of something Herbavore has helped us with.
I read somewhere that she is the gift that Caleb left BL , and I couldn't agree more
thank you to the person that started this thread -she needs to know what a profound difference she makes. And thank you to Herbavore , who has inspired me and changed my life for the better.

herbavore def gives the most level headed insightful advice..the perfect mix of wisdom and empathy

so glad this thread came onto my radar... readers of TDS know the world is a dark place. we're lucky to have herby holding up a light.

*turns red but grins ear to ear*

Thanks to everybody that lets me and my big mouth in.=D

I know that you all know how much I wish that it was my son being here and not me. I wish he were going on with his life with this community to help guide him, on his own terms, in his own way and at his own time to come to a place of balance and that I was still going on unaware of the existence of Bluelight. But that is not how it happened. Ok, so this is not what I would have ever chosen but what a gift it has been to me. Through Bluelight I have become a much better person. I have been able to regain the hope that was simply obliterated out of me the night I found my son's body. That is a huge gift and everyone here is responsible for that. I have deep friendships, a loving family, great colleagues at work and they were all supportive in ways I can never even hope to repay. But the people here on Bluelight gave me something that all those wonderful people never could--they gave me a chance to rebuild my own hopeful nature by continuing the conversation that I was in the middle of with my precious son. That is the worst thing about his death. We were right in the middle of a grand conversation about everything that matters in life and it got cut short. It wasn't an easy one. I made a lot of mistakes, said so many things I regret saying, but damn, it was real and we loved each other enough to keep pushing past safety and going for truth. And this is what everyone here gives me every day: a chance to be real, to say the hard stuff, to hear the hard stuff, to work past my own ignorance and fear and urge others to do it for themselves.

Thank you sincerely. I appreciate you all in ways that you probably cannot imagine.<3

I say this a lot but I'll say it again, if I were terminally ill and someone with means said, "make a wish" it would be to have all the BLers I've come to know sat round a big dinner table and having the conversation of our lives. I'm sure a few plates would be thrown, but hey, the conversation would never be boring, fake or superficial!=D

Fucken bump!

Hope you're doing okay HERBY, we love and appreciate you <3<3

Wow, this got dug up from some old dusty archives, eh? My friend, my very good friend that started this, Wooger, died 2 years, one month and three days ago if my math is right.

I imagine this got bumped because of my broken ankle.<3 It's operated on and existing not happily at all inside its new protective shell. But it's only an ankle and I'd break the other one to talk to crazy, cat-loving, absurdity loving, hilarious and tragic Wooger one more time.

Love this!! herbavore is awesome, and has said the sweetest, most helpful things to me when I've been in really dark places ❤️.

Herby is amazing, truly embodies what TDS is about, probably one of the most compassionate souls I've had the pleasure of conversing with.

Love you herby<3

I love you herbavore!

I was very sad to hear you were hurt. I hope and pray you heal up quick and whole.

Thank you for your amazing insight, compassion, and love.
I can see your light a million miles away!

<3