• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
-----> Merged with IV Complications Megathread.

This is where this kind of question is supposed to go anyway and there's a lot of good info here.. so I'm going to try and keep it building as we get this same "artery vs vein" question a lot.

Having my first complications to injecting. Everything was clean and new...unless the water was dirty. Idk.but I have a break out of painful sores on a few different parts of my body. Weird little red blister type red rash things. Just random. So I think it was just some rashes from the skin flushing and opening up and taking local bacteria. Idk but they hurt and I'm tripping. Anyone have similar experience?

Sores on random parts of your body? Other than around the injection site? Describe them.

Was it a clean needle? Did you register?

Ya it registered. New needle only i used. So the product was new to me and it had very very warm flush that opened my pores all over very fast. That was unusual and a couple time that heat would wash over me.
So on my belt line...two red sore ...turned to pimple pustule ready. Same on left elbow. Same on left thigh upper and left thigh lower. That is all the spots. Oh and I a cold sore on my lower lip the same day.

So i think maybe my body was pushing out some toxins fast and these are just where they popped and will dry up. They are sore but they seem to be going from red to pimple and now Im hoping gone next...but not sure of what to put em or if i should head to clinic.

I just missed a bupe and unisom shot on the back of my right arm. i missed about 20u or less and had a small bump. Its been about an hour and now the bump is the size of an egg. very swollen, kind of numb (but dph is a local anesthetic) at first but not numb anymore. it is slightly sore but barely noticable. it isnt red either. Has anybody missed a unisom shot? are chances of infection high?

I haven't , but from what I have heard and done, a hot compress should help the miss dissolve faster and move out of that pocket. Hurry before your body builds hard little walls around it and it swells or more.

I missed the smallest fraction of a bupe dose and it was worse than when I have missed .25ccs of coc. I know I needed to use a micron filter but those were the days when a Newport filter would do. I unknowingly had Leukemia and was shooting a bunch of H and got really bad infections (hence the name). So much that it took longer for them to cure the infections in my hips and legs than to cure the rare form of Leukemia that I had.

Yeah I would get the same type of deal but not always. I don't usually get pimples on my arms but after shooting in the crook of my arm I would get big pimples in my bicep area the next day when I woke up. I think I'm not releasing the belt before I pull out which is letting some of the drug out of the vein.

tried to quote, reply was aimed at dirtrash

Yeah I would get the same type of deal but not always. I don't usually get pimples on my arms but after shooting in the crook of my arm I would get big pimples in my bicep area the next day when I woke up. I think I'm not releasing the belt before I pull out which is letting some of the drug out of the vein.

You definitely need to release the tourniquet before injecting all of the shot, so it doesn't leak out due to pressure.

Difference in rush/onset of IV heroin dependent upon injection location??

Does anyone notice a difference in the rush you get from IV heroin being dependent upon where you inject? What I mean is, if you inject a 3 bag shot in your hand/ lower arm, do you feel more rush than if you were to inject the same amount of the same dope in your ankle/lower leg?

I know it sounds weird, but to me I swear it takes longer to feel when injecting by my ankle as opposed to lower arm/hand. (though simply in terms of distance to travel this makes a bit of sense). But it also seems
weaker when I do in in the ankle area. Do you think it dilutes traveling up the leg or something?

Just curious if others had this experience??

Well, to some extent I believe the answer is yes... because of how long it takes for the dope to get to your heart.
If you IV into your feet and legs it's going to take longer to get back to your heart. And I've always been told IVing in areas closer to your heart is better anyway.
So if it produces a stronger rush, that's another plus.

the answer is yes... because of how long it takes for the dope to get to your heart.
If you IV into your feet and legs it's going to take longer to get back to your heart.

^This

When you IV in the ankle is it in your usual location (ie home)?
Location (geographical) definitely changes your chance of an OD for example.

It not only depends on vein location but also on the size , the small veins in my upper legs barely give a rush a all while this big vein on the side of where my ankle joins my foor gives me a quick and strong rush every time I hit it.

The only veins that give me a slower rush are the ones in my feet. I detect no difference from hands/wrists to upper arms, etc.

I believe the closer to the heart the faster the onset. Also the bigger the vein the faster it hits. Ive injected cokke into a smaller vein and noticed it took slightly longer than if i used my cephalic vein. The difference is small though so use whatever vein is easiest for you to hit, and make sure you rotate sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.