• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
inthevein: your rapid heartbeat when u shoot up can be from hitting an artery! its 100% diff than the rush from iv. its BAD and dangerous. i don't think anyone mentioned this but from speed reading replies i don't think anyone did. if ur digging deeper than surface veins ur in treacherous waters :/

Well I've been WRONG , I guess :) Re: For a good rush, where is best to inject?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingtomorrow View Post
There's some reason why the left arm goes numb with a heart attack having to do with the circulatory system SWIM believes - SWIM was basically seeing if anyone knew the reason and if it would demonstrate some impact on whether the left or right arm was better to shoot.
It has nothing to do with the circulatory system. It only has to do with where pain receptors are located and where one feels pain for certain organs. Stomach pain is found in the lower abdomen...which if anyones knows anatomy is certainly not where the actual stomach is located. When someone is having a heart attack, pain is felt in the left arm and up into the neck/jaw area because those are the sites where the brain is being told "pain" is found.

Blood coming out of your heart is pumped to the lungs first and is then equally distributed horizontallly across the body. The right arm and the left arm get the same oxygenated blood from the heart at about the same exact time; regardless of whether or not the heart is in distress.

Most veins in the arms reach the heart at about the same time. A shot in the left arm will be felt just as strongly and as quickly as a shot in the right arm. Any vein can be used...its mainly a psychological thing...

Veins DO NOT branch of into capillaries...therfoer a shot in the ankle should reach the heart with no less heroin in it than a shot in the arm would....

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90356#ixzz2lxENAiEM

^^don't use swim. we don't do that here. it wouldnt help you in court. ALSO i can't speak to the left arm right arm shit, but a shot in your ankle?! dead wrong. your body works the hardest to circulate blood from your legs, and most certainly your ankles. this is why these areas are so prone to infections. your arms are a MUCH better injection site. right or left :/

EDIT!!! so sorry, when you quoted it didn't work. so you weren't the one that said that. I'm late to the party and sleep deprived. perhaps someone covered the ankle thing and the quoted text was an older post. heh.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! 8)

I am 23. and, sadly, I've lost all my veins. Believe me, I have. I was intense heroin user, as I had money for it. It was powder, or rock, diluting it in citric acid- etc.. :\

After going onto MMT, I've got fatter - I have 94kg and I'm 175cm tall. :|

So, I tried all places that I've used to shot. I've used the smallest gauge, shorter needles, and stuff to inject methadone. Here, we have methadone solution that contains following.

1 bottle = 10ml.
1ml = 10mg of methadone hcl.

Additional substances:
96% ethanol
Propyilenglykol
Metylparahidroxybenzoat
Propylparahydroxybenzoat

I get 7 bottles for take-home dosage, from the pharmacy. The bottles are in sealed box, and our pharmacists do NOT have right to open sealed boxes. So, I have drink 10ml of methadone, that is 100mg of it per day. Now, I - from time to time - I.V it. =D =D =D :<3

I come to the part where I have no other places, but femoral vein. One of my "friends" showed me where the femoral vein is- about.

Afterwards, I found it with a bit of knowledge from internet - just not as showed on picture, shooting into limb part, but into leg part - a bit down from the picture that has been displayed at guide here. Nevertheless, I got it. :|:|

I used 3 times, so far, every time changing the side, and using those green 21G × 1½" (0.8 × 40mm) (green) needles for I.V into femoral vein.
:(

What bothers me? I am really worried! 8o8:)(

- After each successful shot, even after one that I've got without even smallest "fishing around" I get bruises. I get bruises on place where I inject, PLUS i get bruises down the leg. It hurts for 5-6 days, and it passed, everything got back into "normal". :(
:\

Now, as I know myself, I will inject - or try to - again. Please, can you tell me why is this happening. My guess is that it's because of fat tissue, and when I pull out the needle, the blood (even tho pressure with toailet paper is applied) goes into fat tissue, as I have it...

Additional info about injecting:

On places where I inject, I have to insert whole "green" needle, and after inserting it whole - i register dark blood.
:D=D

=====

The other mysterious thing is that, the latest hit:

- I've inserted needle, registered dark blood - but when I've started injecting I've had a horrible burning sensation followed by some rough pain...

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

^^^

Why the hell are you IV'ing your methadone? That's pretty pointless even with good veins.. let alone without them.

Hi - I know there are many posts about collapsed vein symptoms on this forum, but I can't find any that address my particular situation...so I'll ask here.

Hadn't IV'd in 7 months, then did two shots into the large vein on my bicep. The next day the vein was totally shrunk on a length of about two inches about halfway between my shoulder and elbow, and now, a few weeks after, new small branching veins are running from my elbow to above the shrunk up portion of my lost vein, which is still shrunk. There's no other swelling, bruising, or pain; just a slight ache in my shoulder.

Does that seem like a vein collapse? Anyone have experiences like this where the vein did/did not come back? Anyone care to comment on long term risks of having collapsed veins, e.g. risk of clotting...? Want to share advice from a doctor on their collapsed vein situation?

Thanks!

Last edited:
To the OP. What you are describing sounds to me that a) you have messed up our veins ( I know...I'm a genius). But more to the point is that it sounds to me you have 'junkies nightmare' already. If you have resistance do not push the plunger. My theory, developed over years, is that once your veins become damaged, it is very easy to push through the damned thing. Even though it registers even a very slight forward or backward move, like when shaking like a leaf, it is very easy to do. I have learned that if that type of resistance is felt you are definitely not in the vein

To the OP. What you are describing sounds to me that a) you have messed up our veins ( I know...I'm a genius). But more to the point is that it sounds to me you have 'junkies nightmare' already. If you have resistance do not push the plunger. My theory, developed over years, is that once your veins become damaged, it is very easy to push through the damned thing. Even though it registers even a very slight forward or backward move, like when shaking like a leaf, it is very easy to do. I have learned that if that type of resistance is felt you are definitely not in the vein
Ye lol there shouldn't be any resistance at all if the needle is in the vein. It should be just as easy if not easier to push down than when the needle is out in the air. This thread makes me cringe. Sorry I don't have any good advice here. Just get well, man

That sounds disgusting how you are losing veins from single shots. It must be what you are shooting...right? I mean come on what else could it be?

I also dont get what you mean when you say a vein shunk to a length of 2 inches...

^^^ Thanks for the responses.

There wasn't any resistance when I shot. It is possible that I poked through, even though I didn't think so at the time.

I was using blue 30mg Oxicodone, A 215. What I mean by "the vein was shrunk" is that I can't see it at all any more along a segment that used to be clearly visible, but I can see it below that segment near my elbow and above that segment near the base of my shoulder.

Super bummer. It's still achy sometimes. I'm not using any more - this really freaks me out, and no excuse I can come up with for using IV is worth long term damage. I guess I'm not invincible after all. I'll be going to the doctor this week and will make another post here with what the professional opinion is.

What is happening, exactly, when a visible vein becomes faint or not visible at all? This surely does not necessarily mean the vein collapsed. A collapsed vein is, by definition, when the vein walls being irritated and swell, constricting or ceasing circulation of blood.

I'm just curious. When I was using, I had many "good veins". After several years of drug abuse, many veins become either useless for IV or "disappeared". Now, after abstaining for a little while, many I couldn't find before are visible again.

shroomster, were any of the veins that "disappeared" and "reappeared" your cephalic veins on the outside of your bicep?

Hey guys, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in here or there is a thread about it, but this forum is just to huge. Sorry.

What do you guys do once the plunger starts getting stuck? Usually I'd just go get more, but that option isn't available at the moment. I can maybe squeeze another shot out of this rig and that's pushing it. What type of lube would work best to get it sliding again? Please I need an answer! Thanks so much, guys.

shroomster, were any of the veins that "disappeared" and "reappeared" your cephalic veins on the outside of your bicep?

yes, cephalic as well as others. I'm just wondering what is happening on a physiological level. It is not collapse.

Hey guys, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in here or there is a thread about it, but this forum is just to huge. Sorry.
What do you guys do once the plunger starts getting stuck? Usually I'd just go get more, but that option isn't available at the moment. I can maybe squeeze another shot out of this rig and that's pushing it. What type of lube would work best to get it sliding again? Please I need an answer! Thanks so much, guys.

You need to get more rigs. No one is going to tell you how to continue abusing your arms with an old rig. PM me for links to cheap sites you can order rigs from. They'll be at your door, discreet, in no more than 3 business days, and you can get 25 rigs for a few bucks

I also want to address one more thing

There are several posts on this thread that complain of resistance on plunger, even though they are certain they are in a vein. Many members argued that if they were in a vein, there would be no resistance. This is not entirely true. If you hit a vein, and register dark, maroon blood, you are clearly in a vein. However, this blood is very viscous and will coagulate in seconds. It's important you are relatively swift with your injection. if you wait too long, or hit a vein, but search for a different one, while there is blood in your syringe, it may coagulate, leading to resistance. Your syringe may even be useless after coagulation.

Fellow SWIMMERS... swim is still a noob to bluelight so I apologize if this is in the wrong place but swim needs some help.

Swim had a friend of his give him his first shot yesterday and swims arm is pretty sore today. Is this normal? Swim has been searching all over and has come to the conclusion that swims friend may have missed. However their is no bumps, no abcess*, no black n blue and is not hot to the touch...just where swims friend shot him (on the back side of the elbow) the normal spot is sore to the touch and sore whn bending swims arm. Swim has read that if its hot to the touch its usually bad news but its is not hot to the touch.the pain sortof resembles the pain after getting blood drawn.

Should swim be nervous about this, or is swim possibly over thinking a normal soreness for a rookie IVer?

Please help swim out for this is the first time swim has ever IV'd heroin, and usually just sniffs it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

This thread is really making me sad…

@boundforglorywt
Please… PLEASE…. don’t be booting/flushing or whatever it’s called.And NEVER reuse a rig/cotton/micron filter...

Tie of the tourniquet, slide the needle into a vein and pull back SLIGHTLY on the plunger to confirm you are registered, remove the tourniquet as quickly and safely as you can without moving the syringe too much.

Once it’s off (don’t just “loosen” it, REMOVE it. I just use my teeth, it’s simple and takes me two seconds—the tourniquet adds unneeded pressure on your vein and it can simply rupture. You do NOT want that), pull back once more, SLIGHTLYYYY, just to reconfirm that you are STILL registered in the vein, and the push down on the plunger. This should all be done relatively quickly so your blood doesn’t have a chance to clot. I’ve NEVER had a problem with blood clotting and I think I’ve only missed once? I use 28g needles myself. My veins are very large and they’re more comfortable than the 29-31g needles.

Please, use smart injection techniques. It’s a very stupid habit to get into, but if you’re going to do it anyway, pleaeseeeeee make it as smart as safe as it can be.

Good luck—to you AND your veins.

Good answers, but non of them explain bruises after good shot into femroal. So pulse detected, femoral in, from the first shot, it blood goes in- and.. When registered blood, green needle, totally deep, whole of it needs to get in in my case to register blood. and then...after hitting vein, pushing down the methadone (10ml=100mg, 1ml=1mg, I do 8ml(80mg) and 4ml of water due ethanol in methadone, as that's the ONLY "anti-abuse" thing in it) and everything is super fine. No pain - no nothing!
BUT,

after, SWIM, starting to get bruises around the place of injection, after keeping pressure on the place of injection with alcohol swab pushed down with something tight around my leg.

Please advise me I looked everywhere, nowhere case of this...

Thank you mates...

Status
Not open for further replies.