• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know also if you plunge to hard you can shoot. The stuff right through yer vein, not pushing the needle through even, just too forcefully plunging at too high of an angle can shoot yer stuff right through yer vein as if you had poked through with yer needle, I used to do it with dope shots by accident all the time, quite annoying indeed, and puzzling at times since I knew I was in the whole time. Try plunging ultra slow even when you know yer in a vein,also go in at as even an angle as possible. Well that's my2 cents from xperience anyway, hope it helps in some way. I truly wish you the best of luck and the least harm to your body as possible.....be careful bud. -justin

I just shot a small diluted amount of H and dilaudid in 2.5ml water, micron filtered. I was sick and had nothing else but cotton so I submerged that and micron filtered.

The shot went in and I felt it, but two inches above the site (which was the outside of my inner elbow), not along the vein, is a reddish raised quarter-sized area that's a little warm. It's on the bicep. Immediately after the shot the area was very itchy. Is this dangerous? It's been 15 minutes.

How do I post pictures?

Might be a bit of a missed shot. I've also had a similar thing happen (not from dope), and it's just been something in the cut provoking an allergic reaction. I unfortunately do not know enough to know if it is safe to mix an antihistamine into your current drugs. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer that.

When this has happened to me, it has gone away within a few hours. Maybe a day later there would be some residual itchies, but if nothing changes, I'd give it a day to settle down before worrying too much.

Also, sounds stupid, but think carefully over the process of doing the shot and the time around it, and just confirm to yourself that you didn't like, get a drop of liquid on the outside of the skin in that area, etc. Basically, if you shoot up a lot, getting an allergic reaction near an injection site that is purely coincidental in its timing and nothing to do with the shot itself becomes something that may happen one in few hundred times. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the shot itself, but it'll do you no harm to run through the timeline in your head.

If it's away from the puncture mark fully, you could maybe try a topical antihistamine, if the itching becomes unbearable.

^^It absolutely has everything to do with the hydromorphone, your tolerance, the relatively low dose of morphine and the fact that you still had opiates in your bloodstream when you shot up. You only really get a good rush when you don't have a lot of opiates still in your bloodstream, but even if it had been 12 hours or so since you used the hydromorph orally, that would have been enough to negate any rush you would feel from 15mg of morphine. If you had waited 24 hours and did a 30mg shot, you probably would have felt it. If you are planning on using something like 30mgs of morphine anyway, it's always better to do it all in one shot than to try to break it into 2 shots, if you're planning on doing those 2 shots within an hour or so of each other anyway.

Even a small shot that you can't feel will ruin the rush of a much bigger shot that you do immediately afterward. It's a strange quirk of IV opiates, the less opiates in your bloodstream the stronger the rush. this is why most IV heroin users will tell you, the absolute best rush you get is from the shot you do when you're going into withdrawal, but once you get that good rush, you have to wait a good 4-6 hours at least until you can really catch another good blast.

She said hydrocodone, not hydromorphone. Big difference.

Well, that part of the thread has been dead for two weeks, but OK, thanks...good job. She did indeed say "hydrocodone" not "hydromorphone"....

However, oral hydromorphone and oral hydrocodone are pretty close, so for the purposes of discussion it's pretty much the the same thing...

Last edited:
1. Is tying off necessary for shots, or is it just to help bring veins up? Could naturally vascular people just shoot without tying off? My veins are big and very visible, I dont think Ill have the "cant hit the vein" issue.
2. In the first post, it says to drop my "tourniquet" after blood registers. Anyone know why? Why wouldnt I drop it after Ive injected?
3. Last time I had meth administered to me IV, I got the dry heaves and sorta freaked out for a second (and had previously been injected without such a reaction), and was told it was because the guy injecting me didnt use enough water in the rig. Is this true, and if so is it also possible with black tar heroin? Could I avoid this by using a little extra water?
4. Is it true that black tar must be cooked prior to injection? How does one safely cook black tar and know when its ready?
Gonna slam H for the first time tomorrow, Ive been hit IV 6 or 7 times by others with meth years ago, who knew what they were doing but werent exactly explaining the process to me. Id like to do this safe. Off to read the first post again...

1. Is tying off necessary for shots, or is it just to help bring veins up? Could naturally vascular people just shoot without tying off? My veins are big and very visible, I dont think Ill have the "cant hit the vein" issue.
2. In the first post, it says to drop my "tourniquet" after blood registers. Anyone know why? Why wouldnt I drop it after Ive injected?
3. Last time I had meth administered to me IV, I got the dry heaves and sorta freaked out for a second (and had previously been injected without such a reaction), and was told it was because the guy injecting me didnt use enough water in the rig. Is this true, and if so is it also possible with black tar heroin? Could I avoid this by using a little extra water?
4. Is it true that black tar must be cooked prior to injection? How does one safely cook black tar and know when its ready?
Gonna slam H for the first time tomorrow, Ive been hit IV 6 or 7 times by others with meth years ago, who knew what they were doing but werent exactly explaining the process to me. Id like to do this safe. Off to read the first post again...

1. No tying off isn't necessary. If you can hit without a tourniquet, then good.

2. You loosen the tie before IV'ing because keeping it on causes you to IV against a lot of pressure which can do damage to your veins.

3. The amount of water has nothing to do with the potency of the shot, unless it is severely watered down. What you felt was the result of too large of a dose, however, it is also a pretty normal reaction to IV stimulants like meth and cocaine. You can't compare the two experiences also... IV meth and IV heroin are completely different.

4. Cooking your H is actually not good practice. It causes the insoluble cuts to be dissolved into your shot which you do not want in your veins. Heroin is very water soluble by itself, no need for heat. Tar takes a little longer to break down but just keep stirring.

Side note... Don't do it. Making this decision will be your biggest regret in life. Trust me on that.

I can register and blast off without a tie (or in the worst case, putting my arm between my legs. And old junky showed me that trick). It does make it easier to slip out though, as it may seem more forgiving, but it's not.

Side note... Don't do it. Making this decision will be your biggest regret in life. Trust me on that.

Seconded.

:(:(:(:(:(:(
I can register and blast off without a tie (or in the worst case, putting my arm between my legs. And old junky showed me that trick). It does make it easier to slip out though, as it may seem more forgiving, but it's not.

Seconded.
agreed, i was big into shooting meth starting at a young age when i decided to try using a little h to help with a particularly bad comedown and i was immediately "off to the races"....and my bad habit of shooting meth had in no time became a horrible heroin habit that never really left me as now at 34 i am on methadone(and have been on and off for the last 10 or so years)and that decision has caused me more pain and suffering than i knew even possible...loss of family, lots of time locked up, contraction of a chronic illness and innumerable other issues, so basically think real hard b4 you go in that direction, and if you do decide to try it just know that you cant do it on ANY kind of regular basis, even 2 or 3 days consecutively is not a good idea not to say everyone gets physically addicted that quick but i have seen it happen in a week of straight use and for sure if you have been addicted b4. but really, take heed to these warnings as they are born of real experience no doubt painful experience at that,it isnt so easy to just try it either.ps; i meant to quote a different part, the one that said "dont do it! this will be the biggest regret of your life" because to this day it is my biggest regret as most of my big life issues are born of that one decision to try some dope and my addictive personality took it from there and after a short period of use, for years to come my life revolved around finding ways to get the money for my next bag to take away the pain of junk sickness, which is no joke,i lost all the things i held dear to me in quick succession and not all that long after that first time, anyway your post just got me thinking about if i knew then what i know now i would have ran from the shit right then and there, so please excuse the long winded post and life story as i am hoping it may help prevent someone from playing out the same fucked up shit that i did.:(..... and also it was pill day for my girl so i decided to pop a few addies myself=D;)
pl

Last edited:
^^tweaker wall of text :p <3

I second not using needles let alone heroin (or meth for that matter).

I never had to use a tie as I was/am physically fit and vascular. Staying well hydrated helps with that. The water thing is a myth. I used to use anywhere between 30iu and a full 100iu/1cc/1ml of water in a standard insulin syringe. If anything I used less water to have more water for future shots later if I wasnt near a tap.

stivsmegg is right, one can chip easily for a long time, as long as their life is doing good, whenever something terrible or just outright shitty happens, you'll be wanting to numb your sorrows in what you know does it best : opis.

As lame as it sounds, heartbreak caused me to buy a shitload of 4mg brand name dillies and get into needles at the same time obviously. I would buy some every 3 weeks max along with other opis then, and even then, I had more fun with MDMA until doing that while heartbroken made me even more fucking depressed. Then my band who had something going broke up....and that was the final straw. Most people become alcoholics, which arguably has worse withdrawals, I wouldn't know, I used to drink a hell lot but not enough to get physical withdrawals, but I know the whole DT thing seems way worse than opi withdrawal. Apparently it's worse than benzo withdrawal. So, at least we have that going on for us....

I wish I had some dilaudid to IV (not really, been a almost a year since I injected last and I'm on suboxone and the d-methadone in methadone's NMDA antagonist effects really succeeded in re-wiring my brain's reward centers) but I know that if I didn't have suboxone, all I would want is a lot of white triangles and yellow 4's.

^^^

I don't know, man.. I've relapsed plenty of times or got strung out again after trying to "chip" even though things were great in my life. I think that goes for a lot of people.

I gotta admit my physical pain issues went out the window too and those plagued me since a more than half a decade. What pisses me off is that once I cut a downward spiral short and that was my get out of jail free card. But what was going on for me then was that everything was going pretty well then. 2 years ago around this time of the year,I just stopped IV'ing dillies when I got scared I was mildly physically addicted. It sure helps when your life is A+ and you got something to look for generally.

I know this is an oldish thread...but....

After a couple of years solid IV cocaine and now using ice all of the veins in my arm are shot and it is very hard to pump them up enough to take a needle.

However the real problem is even if I do get a needle in and register the shot does not go straight to my brain like it used to in the good old days. I find that it gets stuck in my dodgy veins in several places. I do not get a decent rush but over the next hour as I massage the general area between point of shot and shoulder I get lots of little waves of ice joy. I have tried different syringe sizes as well as a butterfly in my smallest hand veins all to no avail.

Summary: does not matter what veins in my arms or hands I use - the full shot just does not make it through.

Legs shots are impossible to make work and it is all making the neck around collarbones a possible last resort.

Iv heroin use help

Ok so about probably 5 days ago i`d say swim may have had troubles IVing in the arm so swim mucled it in the butt and since then theres been a kinda hardish bump there. At first swim thought w.e it will go down by the end of the day just down under the skin, normal. But its been 5 days now and its slightly bruised and who know might be tripping out over nothin but swim is rather freakd out about this. so if any buddy can help out at all or have any ideas as to what this could be or what to do that would be great, thanks.
btw swim did not use anything to clean the area after injecting this but has been cleaning and puting hemp oil on the area for 3 days now in attempt to try and fix this.

Ok so about probably 5 days ago i`d say swim may have had troubles IVing in the arm so swim mucled it in the butt and since then theres been a kinda hardish bump there.
I have lots of these bumps around where I missed a shot- most IV users I know have them as well and they seem to be irritations around the bit of the shot that did not go anywhere. I massage them with an anti-inflamatory and anti-bruise cream and they eventually go away. If you get to them straight after the shot you can usually rub them away quite quickly and ensure that your stuck hit gets moving to where it can be felt.

Some drugs just should not be IM'd - meth or pills for example. They will irritate the area and will likely not be absorbed. This leaves lumps and bruising that may potentially become an abcess. If the area is hot and red - you are going to need to see a doctor for antibiotics. If it is just a hard lump and/or a bruise then anti-inflam and anti-bruise creams are the go - much better than hemp oil.

Personally I use Voltaren Emugel for inflam and Hirudoid for bruising and vein repair.

Good luck!

Question about veins and scar tissue

Is it "normal" for veins and the skin around injection sites to become more sensitive to injections after say, a month of injecting. Roughly 10-15x a week, allowing the veins and skin to heal for 6 days between use. Noticing some slight pain when the skin is first penetrated and more resistance when penetrating a vein. It makes it easier to know when hitting the vein, though I still register to make sure, but it's a little frustrating to grit my teeth during the initial skin penetration. Unused needles, so they aren't dull.

Also, anyone ever have difficulty hitting a forearm vein? Tried once and registered, then I suppose it slipped, missed slightly (stopped before even 10 units) and I had a nasty bruise for a good week and a half or so, which is making me really unsure about trying the forearm again. I have 5 veins, 3 in the crook of one arm, two in the other. Can feel a third, but can't hit it at all. I don't want to ruin them, so would like to locate another easy to hit spot without the huge greenish bruise and miss. Using 30g needles, so they're small enough I'd think?
Thanks in advance!

I think that it's better to hit in the bend of the arm. Always. I've done all my injects there , and the ones I didn't used to give me bruises and all that nasty shit..

Problem veins

I'm the type that even the most experienced IV users cringe and run away from. My veins have always been a persisting issue in my life, even before my drug use. It would take skilled nurses and doctors no less than 45 minuets to find a spot for a blood draw. I've been going the IV way for 2 years now. Some days are good, others result in a three hour fight just to get a peek a boo. I'm aware of harm reduction, i use a tie, alcohol swabs and a new point each time. My problem is that I can find the vein I can get the register but than when i go to push its a miss, which results in me pulling out to got through the tiresome process all over again. This isn't just me but others who have attempted as well. Than I have a problem with the blood -when I do find a spot- gelling or clotting up quickly. Earlier I tried to "rig up" and everything was gravy, nice thick dark register, pushed plugger in a bit, everything good. Re register, and push again to have a burning sensation go all the way up my arm. It typically lasts 12-16 seconds, after this time however I noticed a small clot as I pushed the last in, too little too late.. After removing the point the injection sight started to hurt, burn a bit, but no swelling like a miss. It's really sore and tender now, and when I applied a hot rag the area under the skin that I am assuming to be the vein was like a white bubble. No air was in the point. Still no swelling and only slight redness at the sight. This is only the second time using this spot. I try to keep myself hydrated, but seein my doc loves electrolytes as much as me this too can be a constant battle. Another issue I have is you can not see my veins, and they are sometimes hard to feel... Any suggestion to make this process less of a hellish envision? And any ideas on why after I do a shot I can "feel" it move through my vein I that bitter burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.