• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

Hi, what do you guys use for booster doses with iboga TA extract?

Anyone used b. caapi (reversible MAOIs/haramalas) with iboga extract or ibogaine?

Thanks =)

My husband and I have been on methadone for over 5 years. We have always wanted to try Iboga but wasn't able to afford it. I need to know a couple of things. First of all should I somehow get off the methadone and for how long before dosing with Iboga. Second how do I get it? I've gotten lots of emails from places but I don't know who to trust. To send $350 blindly to someone is a hard thing to pull the trigger on. We don't have the money to go to a resort treatment center in another country but could try to do it if I can get it here at home with someone to help me with proper instructions. We are so tired of paying $400 a month to be on Methadone and I think after 5 years without using illicit drugs we don't need the methadone as a crutch any longer. We have both been working, he has had his job for almost 4 years. Is there anyone who can help direct me with some accurate info? Thank you so much

Hi there kellyjo!

Most people recommend getting as much time off the opioid your using for as long as possible. My opioid stint ended with kratom (about 1-2 ounces a day), and I jumped off of it for about 72 hours before taking the ibogaine/iboga extract combo. To help with that 72 hours of withdrawal, I had 10mg of etizolam, which I took pretty quickly and wore off in about a day, then actually started microdosing ibogaine and the iboga extract which removed withdrawal almost entirely. At about 72 hours, I dosed the remaining ibogaine and iboga extract (800mg of each) for a very effective flood dose, and after another 72 hours from that, I felt like a brand new person whom never used/abused drugs. Absolutely unbelievable.

Being on methadone for 5 years might be a bit harder. The longer you can endure withdrawal before dosing, the better the outcome it seems. One thing you have to do is check and make sure your heart is in good condition. For instance, if you're 50 years old and have been smoking 2 packs of Newports a day for 30 years, that could be a problem. The fatalities associated with ibogaine and iboga alkaloids, when you eliminate the misuse of drugs during the ibogaine treatment (as ibogaine tends to bring tolerance down to 0 ie pre-addictive state) and several other obscure factors, appear to be caused by a deadly heart arrhythmia. This is why it is essential to make sure get an ECG/EKG prior to taking iboga related compounds.

You can email / PM me for any other questions, if you wish.

Hey guys,

I'm planning on finally trying this substance at some point this summer. I wanted to know if any of you guys had any advice for how best to prepare for this. I'm many months out from when I plan on dosing but should I be doing anything in regards to diet/exercise aside from just abstaining from opioids? Anything y'all wish you would have done in the time before first taking it?

Also, concerning my sitter. I've read Xor's and MGS's trip reports as as well as many others and everyone is talking about 2-3 days before you're okay to be without a sitter. Would going without a sitter after the first night be a bad idea if I don't have access to my car and was in my own house/many miles away from anyone else? I'm going to be taking this at my own house/farm? I don't want to make someone babysit me for longer than needed. I only really trust two people to sit for me and I usually go without a sitter on most substances. Both of them have hectic work schedules so I don't think either would be able to stay for longer than 2 days/nights.

I'll probably be back with many questions concerning this substance in the next few months. I'm looking forward to this and hoping to nip a life long opioid problem.

Edit: I should mention that my friend is thinking of attempting it too so I might have a situation where I'll be sitting for them before taking it myself. Any advice y'all can give for sitting would be helpful. I'm experienced with sitting people on other substances but I feel iboga is something I might not be prepared to sit someone on begin I haven't experienced myself. For example, the way I sit people varies. I can't really explain it well but I tend to not interact with folks on DMT where on LSD I try to be more social. Usually if I'm sitting people for their first time taking L I take a little bit myself (just enough to get off baseline). I suspect that's not the best idea with iboga and I should probably be pretty much sober for the duration of their trip?

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't see this. As a sitter for iboga, you're not going to be interacting with them really until they start to come back. You're there to monitor HR/BP and make sure everything is good. Not having a sitter after the first day is what kinda screwed me, you just never know man, a lot of people are out of it after 24 hours but I wasn't, on the third day I was up and active and believed I was mostly down but I was going in and out of dreams. I could have gone walking somewhere... I didn't, but I really did not know what was going on much of the time. If you have no other option, at least make sure you have no car, no access to electronics, etc. It's risky, I wouldn't advise it.

All my info on preparation is in my TR. But man, feel free to PM me to talk about it, ask any questions, etc. I had a mentor through the preparation and experience, and it helped me a lot.

Ya after 2 days of taking ibogaine/iboga I took off on a 500 mile journey in my vehicle. I thought it had been like 2 weeks that I was lying in bed having visions. It was a REALLY bad idea to drive in that condition, like a horrible idea, and I didnt know any better. Hide the keys.

Holy shit you actually drove? I had a waking dream that I drove, and then on the way back was like, oh my god I'm fucked up on ibogaine this is bad! Next thing I knew I was home. I had been on my way to get some "festival drugs" from a headshop that I was dreaming about earlier. Some of the details such as time of day and arrangement of buildings don't match, so I think I was just dreaming but I very clearly remember backing out of my driveway and some other points too. But then, the dreams/visions I was having were super vivid. I'll never know for sure if I really drove or not. This was on the start of the 3rd day since taking my flood dose.

Yes, unfortunately my concept of time was so distorted that I thought it had been several weeks at 72 hours from the iboga alkaloid consumption. I thought most of the visions I had were entirely real for almost a week. This included traveling to Vietnam to hang out with a girl I had a crush on, working for Donald Trump in New York for 3 days in a row, and spending several other days traveling between both Chicago and Western Argentina for an extensive interview with a large corporation, where I started cloning other interviewers as kind of a joke and tons of other things that are probably irrelevant. What was interesting is I could tell when a person wasn't real in my visions, though I didn't know the visions themselves weren't real. I would walk up extremely close to an individual, look them right in the eye, and I could see their eyeball stagger left or right when they looked in either direction as opposed to the fluid flow of a humans eye. Then I could tell it was a robot or something non-human.

Either way, after having all those experiences (plus many others) in less than 72 hours makes one think it has been weeks or a month. So I left in my truck to see my family for Christmas and almost wrecked my vehicle several times. It was extremely dangerous, reckless even. I ended up hitting a large chunk of ice and going into a snow ditch in front of a guys house in the middle of no where. It was behind luck that it happened in front of this guys cabin. He let me in, he offered food and spirits, and helped me out with my vehicle the next day. Praise the Lord everything worked out. I am absolutely fascinated by these iboga alkaloid compounds, and how it completely cleared me of the opioid addiction I struggled with for over 15 years off and on. I have been researching them extensively since the experience and hopefully can become more active in the iboga scene, even if it means moving to another country where it is legal, easier to do research, and provide treatment.

It was the same way for me, you used TA extract too, right? It was 3 full days of dreams that I was going in and out of, while awake or asleep, and I was never able to tell I was dreaming. I also had the same thing, at day 3 I thought it was day 5 and I freaked out a bit for a little while thinking I was supposed to be at work, I ended up emailing my boss a bunch of gibberish.

I also had my opiate addiction rooted out, I have never had to struggle not to take them since. Haven't touched them in over 4 years and I won't in the future either. Really amazing, I was addicted for 10 years. I came out of it seemingly healed of all the self-loathing and personality issues I developed during it and during my previous abusive relationship, and I had a strong desire to get in shape (and did). No other drug experience in my life has had even close to as much real effect on my behavior. I don't even really know why it worked, the dreams I had were fairly abstract and otherworldly, quite random at times, I wasn't even me in a lot of them. Iboga seemed to work on some deeply subconscious level.

I want to use iboga again, I want to try a sub-flood but still strong dose, and also do another flood some day. It was truly transformative, one of the great experiences of my life.

That's super lucky that the guy in the cabin was so helpful and understanding!

I've seen a lot of people post various ways to keep hydrated during the iboga experience, most importantly to maintain sufficient electrolytes in blood plasma to allow for effective re-polarization of cardio-muscular tissue. Many suggest supplements that can be bought on amazon or at a local store like pedialyte or oral hydration salt packets. Well, I recommend coconut water! Besides the broad spectrum of ions/minerals, there are plenty of carbs and amino acids as well; a bit more comprehensive than the aforementioned products. I'd say it's worth the extra bucks to have a few liters of this around for a flood, which pales in comparison to the cost of an EKG and iboga alkaloids themselves... Lord knows I did.

from http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3115/2

minerals / ions in 1 quart / ~1 L coconut water
mineral amt %DV
Calcium 230.4mg 24%
Iron 2.8mg 16%
Magnesium 240.0mg 60%
Phosphorus 192.0mg 20%
Potassium 2400mg 68%
Sodium 1008mg 44%
Zinc 0.8mg 8%
Copper 0.4mg 20%
Manganese 1.2mg 68%
Selenium 9.6mcg 12%

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of people post various ways to keep hydrated during the iboga experience, most importantly to maintain sufficient electrolytes in blood plasma to allow for effective re-polarization of cardio-muscular tissue. Many suggest supplements that can be bought on amazon or at a local store like pedialyte or oral hydration salt packets. Well, I recommend coconut water! Besides the broad spectrum of ions/minerals, there are plenty of carbs and amino acids as well; a bit more comprehensive than the aforementioned products. I'd say it's worth the extra bucks to have a few liters of this around for a flood, which pales in comparison to the cost of an EKG and iboga alkaloids themselves... Lord knows I did.

from http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/nut-and-seed-products/3115/2

minerals / ions in 1 quart / ~1 L coconut water
mineral amt %DV
Calcium 230.4mg 24%
Iron 2.8mg 16%
Magnesium 240.0mg 60%
Phosphorus 192.0mg 20%
Potassium 2400mg 68%
Sodium 1008mg 44%
Zinc 0.8mg 8%
Copper 0.4mg 20%
Manganese 1.2mg 68%
Selenium 9.6mcg 12%

Isn't coconut water laxative in high quantities?

I never had that problem and I would drink 2 litres in a setting or more. Plenty of my friends do the same with no diuretic effect. One quart of grape juice or cherry juice on the other hand is a different story.

Here's from livestrong.com https://www.livestrong.com/article/488081-does-drinking-coconut-water-cause-diarrhea/

"Coconut water is a natural source of water and electrolytes, including potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium. Coconut water rehydrated study subjects as effectively as a commercial sports drink after an hour of dehydrating exercise. The participants did report more abdominal bloating after drinking the coconut water, but they consumed 2 to 2.5 liters of the liquid -- much more than a typical 8-ounce serving. There was no mention of diarrhea in the study, which was published in the "Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition" in 2012."

"Although coconut water doesn't cause diarrhea, it can help prevent dehydration from it. Replacing depleted fluid and electrolytes, such as potassium and sodium, is often the only treatment for diarrhea, states the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. If you don't mind the salty taste, you can use coconut water to prevent dehydration during mild bouts of diarrhea, according to the Berkeley Wellness website."

I've been reading a lot about ibogaine lately and it sounds like an experience I would be interested in. There are a lot of stories about people using it to help them get over opiates but not so much to be found on whether or not ibogaine would be beneficial in helping someone get over gaba drugs. I have been dealing with the post acute withdrawal symptoms for almost half a year now and wonder if ibogaine could help fix my receptors to put it bluntly.

All you have have no idea what your doing or seeking ; I did Iboga twice full floods it got me off of methadone I was clean for 11 months then had to go back in subutex ;;

It is Hell doesn?t work long term : I did one flood to get off and another after 3
Mos clean off the first flood ;

It only works because it temporarily fills your opioid receptors there is no reset it?s alll never been proved and nobody has anidea how it works ;

It doesn?t work for most ppl long term.

It?s touted a miracle cure but it is not meant to cure addiction ... and I don?t see how it could help anyone the trip is absolutely random nonsense ;

I also did a root bark flood ...

It has real high mortality rate and hundreds died worldwide from it .....

It gets rid of withdrawal because it binds to opioid receptors when it wears off guess what comes back the beast ....

I?m not a fan and it?s the worst trip ever maybe except for A few it is not useful long term .....

If you do decide to partake so it safety ;

And yes I?m grateful it got me off 100mg methadone and yes I switched to oxy for 2 months before the first flood the. Did a second one clean ....

It will do no more then any Other method I?d you don?t face the root cause or do vigorous work on yourself it will be the hardest ever if your on methadone....

I?m back on subutex but compared to methadone and shooting heroine I can?t. W too hard on myself...

But iboga /ibogainw is not what it appears ; don?t say I didnt warn any of you ...

Long term it?s epic fail and shame on ppl touting it a miracle ;

Can?t imafine the ppl who died during an ibogainw trip ...

They should pay you 10k to do that it?s absolutely the most uncomfortable close to death experience you can have .

DMT would have more Therauputic spiritual effects long term ...

My experience ; 3 floods was enoug for me that stuff is used out of context

Sorry it didn't work for you... it did for me though. I agree however that the addiction recovery industry is a racket, by and large. I did it at home with supervision, changed my life, I haven't gone back to opiates in over 4 years. Of course I also made a lot of changes to my life afterwards.

I?m talking to <snip>. Has anyone had good a experience there??? I?ve read some bad things on the internet but don?t know how true it is. My girl and I are trying Dardashti?s clinic to get off 50mg of methadone daily. PLEASE HELP US MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION IT WILL BE ALL OF OUR SAVINGS!!!

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be as good as any other clinic. He's an orthodox Jew I believe, and he thinks that drug use is a form of idolatry, which it kind of is: worshiping drugs rather than God.

As far as the methadone dose, I know of an erowid trip report where the girl was taking 100mg of methadone, jumped on to loads of kratom, and did an ibogaine detox successfully. But im sure enough ibogaine can clear out the methadone anyway.

A reminder that we don't allow discussion of specific clinics and such here. Reason being that otherwise the forum becomes full of shills. There are places to talk about that, but not here. :)

But yeah, it's recommended that you switch to a short-acting opiate before doing ibogaine. Methadone and suboxone have the lowest success rates. I was on poppy tea, oral opium basically, mostly morphine, and tapered, switched to kratom, did the smallest amount of kratom possible the week before, and then dosed the ibogaine, and it worked beautifully.