• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

I'm curious about this one, but not for the potential addiction recoverer it seems to be, but as a psychedelic/disociative combo. Is the experience of this one like combining a high dose of ketamine with a tryptamine, as I expect?

Not really, no. It's really unlike anything else. It's definitely primarily dissociative but in a different way than ketamine entirely. I did it in a flood dose for opiate addiction, and the experience was amazing. The flood dose was pretty overwhelming and fairly amnesic... I was just there for it, I was more disconnected from conscious reality than I've ever been. 6 days later I took a lower dose (~350mg HCL equivalent though I used mostly the TA extract) and had a profound but lighter and more conscious experience that was extremely enjoyable. My recommendation is to get the TA extract or some HCL and TA extract... the reports of pure HCL only sound pretty different from the combo of all the plant alkaloids. People tend to report it being physically uncomfortable, raising the heart rate, etc... with the TA, it felt really comfortable and good, and my heart rate didn't raise at all (confirmed by a BP monitor).

ZombieMode: Sorry that happened to you, that's crazy. As far as how long to wait, I'm not sure really. Seems like I would probably wait for the higher end of the range the clinic gave you, as they probably are basing that recommendation on something they know.

IME experience the only other drug experience I could liken to a flood dose is 4th plateau DXM experiences. Specifically 1000mg/up. There were periods of time during my flood where I was unsure if I was me on ibo, myself at twelve on a gram of dex, or an african tribesperson in a hut having eaten ibo. It was very unclear, also, for what it's worth, I understand some people are quite amnesic of their experience, while others (myself included) have CRYSTAL CLEAR long term recall of the entire event. It definitely is a thing unto itself though, I'd say (at flood level) not at all recreational, lower doses can be quite fun though. In response to a post up there ^^ I've plenty of experience microdosing it, not specifically for sound, but at low levels it does possess an overall enhancement thing, could be fun for just about anything. A little bark goes really well w/beer and dancing, and I've been told that in Gabon, that's a pretty standard mix and that they even brew beer w/iboga. Have a nice day yall!

hello, bluelighters, hello, cdin,

in response to a post up there
plenty of experience microdosing it
not specifically for sound
at low levels it does possess an overall enhancement thing
could be fun for just about anything
many thanks for your response, my first thing will be to try it in small doses, then will see for myself, how it might be used before, after, my planned flood.

wish the best times with the best pastimes for everyone, till next time...

Last edited:
Did ibogaine treatment. It worked. No desire for pills. On day 4 clean restless legs started at night. Not sure why this started. It was so bad like convulsing for hours. I took 1 percocet and it knocked out the restless legs. Well that turned into a 3 week use of pills. Stopping today. Question is will I have withdrawal. Using ibogaine I'm thinking no bc I reset my brain. But not sure. Please respond bc if I'm going to have withdrawal I want to get my arsenal ready

Did ibogaine treatment. It worked. No desire for pills. On day 4 clean restless legs started at night. Not sure why this started. It was so bad like convulsing for hours. I took 1 percocet and it knocked out the restless legs. Well that turned into a 3 week use of pills. Stopping today. Question is will I have withdrawal. Using ibogaine I'm thinking no bc I reset my brain. But not sure. Please respond bc if I'm going to have withdrawal I want to get my arsenal ready
Well, iboga has side-effects. Some people experience insomnia for a couple of days or even weeks. I would say that this is just part of the deal. Also, some people who use iboga for curing addiction do need more than one flood experience. Sometimes, people flood 3 or 4 times even, over a period of several months. I don't know about the percocet. I mean, three weeks is usually not enough to realy become physically dependant, but if your brain was already wired by years of opiate dependence, you could have sort of rebooted the addiction mechanism. I would recon, yes, buckle up.

Congratulations t-bone321. You're making progress.

I am confident you'll succeed. Realize without or with Ibogaine some withdrawals are inevitable. Think of this process as an investment in your life. Getting though these temporary physical and psychological symptoms is a small cost. A few months of effort benefits the next several decades you'll live.

Bluelight has excellent support and recovery resources. In general people are available 24/7. Bluelighters are available whenever both here and there.

Support and Recovery

Ty for the replies. Restless legs was always my worst symptom when I would try and withdraw on my on. Not moving legs but convulsing legs. I quit after 4 weeks of use of pills after my iboga treatment. Yes withdrawal came back hard. My ? Is I'm getting 400 mg of hcl. I know that's not a flood dose but will that help lesson withdrawal at all. Also this is really strong iboga. Patients only need 900 mg to work where most places I here 1500 mg to work. So I'm hoping 400 will lesson it enough to help me threw but not sure. Most boosters are 150 mg so this is at least more than a booster. Please respond

yes it will ease withdrawal. you could even break the dose up into 3 or 4 doses and spread them out over a week is how i would do it. don't take anymore opiates unless its an ultra low dose bc of OD risk and potentiation.

ibogaine or noribogaine kind of masks the underlying issues, wd, etc. i don't think it makes everything go away but it does do a pretty good job of eliminating withdrawal. I kind of feel like its all still there under the surface after my experiences with it. if you use opiates or drink, paws, and all that stuff can come back. I don't think it really sets you back to baseline if that makes sense.

I'm getting drug tested and was wondering if ibogaine will show up. If I am correct in thinking, when you do a drug test only the drugs show up are the ones they are testing for. Surely they won't be testing for ibogaine so I doubt it shows up. But not 100% sure. Am I right in this thinking?

There is no chance it will show up, because as you said, it only shows what they're specifically checking for. I can't imagine any drug test checking for ibogaine.

Change to my recent message. Instead of getting 400mg of hcl I'm getting 500mg. As stated before this is really strong. My research shows that at a lot of treatment centers the total dose is 1 200mg to 1500mg. This one usually around 900mg dies the trick. I did 450, then 250, then 200 and that's all I needed. I know everyone is different but I was so weak for like 8 days. Question is will this 500 do the same. I only have 3 days off work. I can't imagine working being that weak. It's just about exactly half of what I took 1st time so I'm expecting it to not be weak for 8 days,but not sure how ibogaine works. Is 500 the same recovery time as 900mg?. Ty for any insight or suggestions

It shouldn't take more than 24 hours to recover from 500 mg but evryone reacts different.

Last time I took over 2 grams of TA and was fine 12 hours later. 500 mg might still be pretty strong s0 don't drive anywhere or anything

Crazy how everyone is affected differently by things, especially ibogaine. When I took my flood dose (950mg of HCl and 500mg of TA), I was totally immersed for 2 days and partly immersed (to the point that I was absolutely unable to care for myself) for another day. I felt really great the whole time too, when I was enough in my body to be aware of how I felt. And amazing right afterwards too, actually right afterwards was pretty much the most amazing feeling I have ever felt.

I was planning on taking 500mg of hcl in morning. I have gotten an abscess tooth. My jaw is swelled from the abscess. They put me on antibiotics to kill infection. Does this effect the ibogaine. My guess is no but didn't know if I had to be completely healthy to take it. I'm sure people have taking ibogaine with a cold before. Wondering your thoughts. Withdrawal is just barely started. I was trying to make it till noon. That's 10 hours away. It's been 12 hours since my last pill. Still feel fine just a tiny tiny ache.

I was planning on taking 500mg of hcl in morning. I have gotten an abscess tooth. My jaw is swelled from the abscess. They put me on antibiotics to kill infection. Does this effect the ibogaine. My guess is no but didn't know if I had to be completely healthy to take it. I'm sure people have taking ibogaine with a cold before. Wondering your thoughts. Withdrawal is just barely started. I was trying to make it till noon. That's 10 hours away. It's been 12 hours since my last pill. Still feel fine just a tiny tiny ache.

Wait until you've had the abscessed tooth sorted out. You don't want to be dealing with that on any type of psychedelic. An infection like that is pretty dangerous if it isn't under control so going into an altered state (especially one as powerful as ibogaine) wouldn't be advised at all.

.wanted ur guys opinion. I understand that 500mg of hcl (even though this is a really strong strand, usually only take 900mg to completely reset you) isn't enough to reset u,but 2 Questions: will it bring ur tolerance down after use of it and 2 will it help u thru the withdrawal process. Ty

I know u have to be in early stages of withdrawal to take ibogaine,it can be dangerous health wise if not. My question is if u take ibogaine and then 2 days later take opiates. I have heard it's ok that way just not other way around. This one guy took ibogaine and the next day shot heroin and was fine. But if u shoot heroin then do ibogaine is very dangerous. Is that correct thinking

That's not true, it's not more dangerous to take it in or out of withdrawal. It's only really dangerous if you have a heart condition.

That is incorrect. U definitely should be in withdrawal before dosing ibogaine treatment. Any reputable clinic will have be in at least early stages of withdrawal or won't treat u.