• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

Oh I get it, you're saying not to be on opiates currently, in that case yes, I agree. I thought you meant you have to be in opiate withdrawal, as in, someone who is not on opiates shouldn't take ibogaine, which is not true.

Has anyone done ibogaine treatment while taking gabapentin? Or maybe they did not take the gabapentin on the day of treatment. I believe this combination is safe. Most ibogaine clinics will allow you to be on benzo's as far as I know. I got off benzo's using the gaba. The place I called said I had to stop the gabapentin which is almost like stopping low doses of benzo's.

I feel like ibogaine could be my last option. I have tapered off the sub over a year. Stopped at 0.5 mg. After 5 days the WD's became intense. Then I caved and I am now on low doses of codiene. Like 45 mg a day. Some days I take stablon. I feel like ibogaine could cover a good portion of the low dose codeine WD. My WD's are bad because I have been using for over 15 years 5 of which I spent on 16 mg of suboxone. I start sweating and sneezing in the middle of the night. Tossing turning. Then I can't sleep for days at a time. The fatigue is intense as the WD feels similar to methadone.

It's 346 am and I'm crying. Did a second ibogaine treatment and it worked again. No withdrawal at all. . But same thing happened. On day 5 after treatment I got restless legs. So insane I can't even describe. It's like an anxiety attack in ur legs and just can't handle it. I called my ibogaine center and told them I think it's bc of low dopamine levels but they said ibogaine reset my dopamine so not that. I didn't have rls before I used opiates. It's strange how opiates is the one thing that cures it. I was on 500mg of oxy a day and now 1 percocet cures my rls. Anyone else have this problem. If I can't cure this then I guess I'm stuck on opiates forever

God k wish i could get this treatment in the usa. It is one that really might help me finally get of this god damn methadone.

Ibogaine will get u thru withdrawal. Problem with me is my restless legs kicks in like 5 days after treatment. Can't find anyone to give advice for me. I didn't have rls before using opiates . After ibogaine was on day 5 with no opiates. No withdrawal. Just totally zapped. But on day 5 restless legs kicked and I mean they were insane. I didn't relapse bc of cravings. Just rls. Thousands of people have done ibogaine. I can't be the only one who got rls afterwards

Dude RLS is part of the withdrawal after ibogaine trust me ; along with anxiety unable to sleep anxiety etc Etc;

Especially days 5 after ibogaine not as much is in your system it's 100% withdrawal related I've been there and I've done ibogaine twice ;

Once to quit opiates then again after about 100 days clean ;

The RLS and other bull shit only happened after the first time

It's 346 am and I'm crying. Did a second ibogaine treatment and it worked again. No withdrawal at all. . But same thing happened. On day 5 after treatment I got restless legs. So insane I can't even describe. It's like an anxiety attack in ur legs and just can't handle it. I called my ibogaine center and told them I think it's bc of low dopamine levels but they said ibogaine reset my dopamine so not that. I didn't have rls before I used opiates. It's strange how opiates is the one thing that cures it. I was on 500mg of oxy a day and now 1 percocet cures my rls. Anyone else have this problem. If I can't cure this then I guess I'm stuck on opiates forever

Surely a short term script of low dose generic Mirapax would help. Half a 0.25mg (0.125mg, which is a tiny tiny dose) stops RLS when I have a bout of it trying to sleep and even benzos don't cut it. I take it very rarely. Any doctor will script you 12 0.25 generic mirapax and your troubles will go away and you please for gods sake, you had the chance to be one of the persons who actually respond well to ibogaine, some people only feel "cured" for a day and then want to shoot up again and bash the shamans as quacks (which I semi-agree about, I think if you have pure ibogaine hcl and dose with an experienced tripper who just trip sits and doesn't do more than smoke weed and have a little alcohol and you get out of it totally free of addiction, it's a miracle, don't waste that miracle. Get some RLS meds, any doctor will script them, just say you need a dozen of the weakest tablets, and take half.

God k wish i could get this treatment in the usa. It is one that really might help me finally get of this god damn methadone.

If you live close to Canada or Mexico, you can take a vacation here and there is clinics, if you live in New England/Upstate NY, lookup Iboga Quebec, they are bilingual because of course they receive a lot of people from the US. Alright, I won't give more info, don't wanna spam, and I'm not sure that's the exact name, just google ibogaine quebec. They're just over the border, south of Montreal I think, around Valleyfield.

Thanks bud. Been on this stuff way too long tired of taking meds to just feel normal amd function. Time for a change. :)

RLS is a symptom of opiate withdrawal and it can linger longer than other symptoms. I always got it really bad from opiate withdrawal, and as a kid I experienced RLS frequently and intensely, my mom and brother did too (and still do sometimes, somehow I escaped it when I grew up, thank god). I hate the feeling, but you can get past it. When I did ibogaine, I did start feeling it again after a week, but I was so determined to stay off opiates (and had no cravings) that I just dealt with it for about another week and I was through, no more RLS and I've never even wanted to do an opiate since except as a passing thought that was easily dismissed).

I get the maddening nature of it though, for me it was always literally the worst part of opiate withdrawal. I can deal with thew depression and anxiety and body malaise and sickness, but the RLS driving me insane, well, it drove me insane. As someone above mentioned, though, they now have medications to deal with it. I know Lyrica works wonders, and I guess there are others too. Rather than getting back on opiates, why don't you go to the doctor and tell them you're experiencing severe RLS and can't sleep, etc. They should prescribe you something, it's now a recognized medical condition (unlike when I was a kid... my mom and I just called it "crazy legs" and our doctor didn't believe us, he was just like, well, just stop moving your legs then, with a roll of his eyes). If you're really past the cravings and other withdrawal, don't let this symptom make you feel like you have to be on opiates forever. It will pass, it won't last forever, just for a little while.

One of the original reason I started to get insomnia, other than being told to go to bed at X hour and not when I felt tired, which is idiotic parenting, but I pardon them on that, the hour raised by grade, so by grade 6-7th I could play snes/nes until I wanted to as long as the sound wasn't too loud. But yeah, the legs. The cramping in the legs, having to move them like if I was biking, pain in the back of my legs that felt better when putting them against the wall, and then having them fall down over both sides, stretching em. Etc. And it's not like I didn't get my exercise, I was in real league hockey in winter, baseball in summer until I was 18 and 20 respectively.

Ty u so much. So ur saying after ibogaine treatment if I tough it out for a week or so the rls will go away?

Ty so much. I wish I knew this after my ibogaine treatment. So ur saying after ibogaine treatment if I tough it out for a week or so the rls will go away?. I never had rls before I started taking opiates.

What happens if you take iboga without having pushed your opioid use into w/d, do you precipitate acute withdrawals which complicate your experience?

You won't get precipitated withdrawal, you could die. Taking iboga while having opiates in ur system is bad idea. Ibogaine gets a bad rap bc people against say there have been fatalities. But if u look into those it was people who snuck in opiates bc they wanted some crazy experience. Trust me ibogaine is enough experience on its own. It's just like they say. U close ur eyes and you see a dream. It was very cool experience for me. I never tripped before so I was nervous. But it really was easy. I tripped for like 4 or 5 hours then slept for 12. Woke up very weak. Barely could walk. Day 2 thru 9 could walk just very weak. Most people are not weak that long but I was.

What happens if you take iboga without having pushed your opioid use into w/d, do you precipitate acute withdrawals which complicate your experience?

I believe if you actively have opiates in your system it increases the danger because ibogaine also acts on opiate receptors. But it won't cause precipitated withdrawal. I believe the best course of action is to get all the way through withdrawals or as close as you can manage before taking it. My theory is that you will be in the best state to accept the experience, having really impressed upon yourself freshly how much you need to be off opiates (because you went through withdrawal). I think if you just wait til you don't feel it anymore but haven't dealt with withdrawal, you won't be in the most level-headed frame of mind for it, and residual effects you don't notice may affect the experience. Honestly I hear of so many people saying they tripped for a few hours, for me, I was utterly consumed by it for 3 FULL days. I came out of it feeling like a year had passed, everything was different and new and reset. Also I experienced only the very minorest of residual withdrawal afterwards, I think because I was almost past it already anyway (and I freaked out a bit on the third day due to not having enough supervision) and took some kratom twice. And I took it 7 days into withdrawal, I was almost entirely through it already. The more work you put into an experience like this, the more you're going to get out of it. I came out of it feeling like I had been reborn, opiate abuse felt like it was in the past already. So when I felt a little RLS, I was like, hah, take opiates for that? You have got to be insane. :)

Ty so much. I wish I knew this after my ibogaine treatment. So ur saying after ibogaine treatment if I tough it out for a week or so the rls will go away?. I never had rls before I started taking opiates.

Yes, the RLS is from withdrawals/opiate aftereffects, it's not permanent.

Last edited:
Well i haven't posted in some time. Been on a bender since april. Heroin and eventually a lot of IV cocaine.

Did an ibogaine flood 6 days ago. Supposedly 1700mg HCL. So at 72 kg about 24mg/kg which is good from what I've read. I didn't really get visions. Maybe some visual thoughts but not like I've read about. Lots of tracers when eyes open. Pysically hard to walk, to get to bathroom, but able to do it. Heart rate got down to almost 40 BPM, whereas resting im normally in the 60's. Im in good shape for the abuse I've subjected myself to.
Seemed like i didn't get any insights. But it has really helped my opiate withdrawal. Although it didn't fully eliminate crAVINGS. Been having drug dreams when i can sleep. Am feeling good for day 6 though, made myself do a little workout today.

The program i am with drink ahauasca once a week. My first dose will be in a week. Or ceremony as they called it. With the medicine.
But i wasn't as impressed with the ibogaine in terms of visuals and introspection. A couple other guys here tripped harder it seems like. Bigger guys so they got a bit bigger dose but supposedly the same medicine. One had tv like visuals. So it really is individual.

I'm getting optimistic about life again. In mexico for another 5 weeks, doing yoga and working on myself and hopefully the ahauasca will be good.

After reading trip reports of xorkoth, morninggloryseed and others, i expected a very different experience. 24 hour after i dosed the ibogaine, i was able to walk totally fine and was back to normal about 36h after ibogaine, whereas some people are affected for days. Hopefully i wasn't underdosed; i had a reputable provider...

Im probably going to do some boosters with bark when i get back to the states. Maybe just a couple hundred mg worth of alkaloids. Not really keen on tripping balls anymore.

Good to post here again. Especially while sober. Still have some cravings every now and then. Did score a little weed from a taxi driver and that helped sleep. But anyways its almost gone, don't really feel that bad about it. After all im not shooting smack or the white anymore and won't be getting more pot. Will post back with my progress.

One question: im very tired, apathetic. Like i can't be bothered to read books that should interest me, have to force myself to be productive and stuff. Yet I've read people feel better than they have in their lives. I definitely don't feel like this. Its getting better though and im way better off in this regard than if i was cold turkeying or something. But it definately has not "reset my brain to pre-addiction levels". I don't think thats possible in such a short time frame. Maybe it is expediting the process. But how is my recovery and paws timeline going to be different since i did an ibogaine flood, versus a traditional detox?

Last edited:
People seem to respond very differently. Also I think having the full alkaloid spectrum instead of just HCl produces a fuller experience.

It's hard to say what's going on with something as prolific in receptor binding as ibogaine/iboga. I can honestly say I felt reset afterwards. Of course I was under for 3 days and had a totally transporting experience.

My experience is unlike any other I've read about though, others who have done ibogaine told me that as well. Who knows why? Most people seem to report feeling very lethargic and weak afterwards, but I felt amazing. I keep thinking it might have to do with me doing half my dose in TA extract which has the full alkaloid spectrum. I think it makes a huge difference, though to be fair I have only tried it that way. But it makes sense as there are several other powerful alkaloids in the plant besides ibogaine.

Question: when was the last time you did opiates before ibogaine? I have a hunch that the farther along you get through withdrawal before you take the ibogaine, the better it works. I went a week without opiates, suffered through it, then did ibogaine when I was feeling 75% better already. Of course I still had massive cravings and was an opiate addict at that time. But I feel it really helped me to make the most of ibogaine.

Good luck, just try to use this as an opportunity to remember why you should stay off them. :)

Before ibogaine I'd been stabilized with 3 doses of morphine 60mg oral and 4mg dilaudid intranasal that the provider gave me when I got off the plane, before bed that night, and again the next morning , 12 hours before I took the ibogaine. Kept me from being sick but no high whatsoever. Had shot up 3g of pretty good tar in the 3.5 days prior. Generally was using at least .5 a day before this and coke as well.

So I was in no way detoxed beforehand.

Ah, not sure how the coke would play with it either. I know it's supposed to work particularly well against opiates, but it seems to have general anti-addictive properties. It had a whole host of benefits for me, got me to want to exercise and eat right, and of course got me past my addiction.