• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big & Dandy Ibogaine/Iboga Thread

Hello guys, i was wondering if Iboga could help with low self asteem/ confidence, fear of my self. and change my bad thinking?

Dig deep to get clean from anything - there's no short cuts. Feel the pain, it's good for you and part of the healing process.

I really want to try micro dosing with ibogaine. I suffer from anhedonia and chronic fatigue caused by using an ssri 10 years ago. I have tried a million different meds, herbs, etc. nothing seems to help alleviate my symptoms except opiates. So now I'm developing and addiction to them. I believe iboga may help reset something that was messed up with my serotonin receptors. Anything would be better them the state I am in. Problem is, I live in the U.S. and I have no idea where to start to find some. Any help from you guys would be so appreciated.

You should go to a clinic if you have the money. There is a gal named Sara in the netherlands who is supposed to be awesome. There are also some in Costa Rica. I would avoid Mexico personally, but I am sure there are some there as well. There is an ibogaine forum too that might help you but don't think I can link it. Just do a search. We can't help you source anything though, it's against the rules. Do a lot of research before doing it bc there are some serious risks. Some have success doing it at home, but others have a hard time and have complications. I think a clinic would be better for safety reasons.

Welcome to BL maxine. :) I'm with you my brain is pretty fucked up from anti-psychotics and I plan on doing a flood soon. Cheers.

Maxine, try to get the ibogine TA extract, surely you can find a shop who sells to the US on the internet. Also, try mucuna pruriens extract, which helps a lot with motivation and energy. Good luck.

Hello, welcome Maxine. We don't allow source discussion here (ie, asking for help finding something). I feel for you though.

I know that ibogaine can potentiate opiates,so if i were to cut down,to taper,would it be possible to use small amounts of iboga to do this on a daily basis for a few weeks,or is a flood dose the only real way to get off opiates?

Im really sick of my lifestyle and want to get off them once and for all,i kicked it back in the 90`s using a methadone taper,but i was young then and stronger,or more hopeful for my future you could say.So after 20 years clean i relapsed after my mothers death in 2013,im still only 40 man,i want out.At first my GP put me on subs,which did work but were real hard to come off,so i convinced my GP to give me Methadone as i had done it before that way,now i realise this was a mistake,but to try and get off Methadone first by using short acting opiates for a few days to a week,then i`m hoping to have Iboga or Ibogaine HCL...If i can get it,to help me.

I`ve researched this for a long time now and am ready to reset my mind,my spirit is calling out to me to stop killing myself with this poison and to wake up.Any help would be appreciated please.
Im doing this at home under supervision,i will be taking the medical check ups first and will have medical help at hand,im ready to change,so,do i flood or taper and use small amounts?

I know that ibogaine can potentiate opiates,so if i were to cut down,to taper,would it be possible to use small amounts of iboga to do this on a daily basis for a few weeks,or is a flood dose the only real way to get off opiates?

Tapering using ibogaine is a really bad idea. People have died due to presumptive drug interactions between ibogaine & opiates. As for using ibogaine to hit that reset button, I don't have any real comment given that I've had no experience with it, but it surely has helped a lot of people. The best practice, apparently, is to be drug free for several days before. Someone more knowledgeable than I can chip in to tell you more, but yes, ibogaine as a tolerance reducing agent sounds extremely dangerous,.

Has anyone had success using iboga root bark to get thru opiate withdrawal ? I'm almost out of heroin and I want to stop and I was wondering if root bark will help WD

I second the thought that tapering using ibogaine is a bad idea. Ibogaine should not be combined with opiates, it's not safe. If you want to use ibogaine to get off opiates, consider doing a flood dose. I did it and it worked... one of the best decisions I ever made, but it's not to be taken lightly and preparation is needed. You should be off opiates for at least a few days, I did it for a week first. When I came out of it I had no withdrawals, no PAWS, and everything in my life felt better and easier. it felt like I never had an opiate addiction, except of course that I remembered well and learned from it. But physically I had no cravings, and it was easy to be done with them.

Microdosing with bark is very useful way to help with taper and potentate opiates. Obviously need to be done safely but bark in the 300mg-1500mg daily range is not gonna cause problems. I blogged about it years ago. Somewhere on heroinjunkie.blogspot.com

If anyone has seen Iboga nights. David graham Scott's new film. I'm in it doing my last flood. My fourth or fifth full fit flood and have microdosed to taper many times. Just do your research. Buy from reputable source and start low. Test dose with 50mg bark before you do anything. Find a level that helps you and remember Iboga has a cumulative effect on the body so be careful and take breaks every few days

SIDS, I have read most of this thread trying to soak up information and your posts keep coming up with what I consider the most experienced and informative on the subject. Can you please PM me to discuss micro dosing ibo? I hate to just ask you out of the blue, but I'm hoping you will sense the urgency and despair in my txt. I know life is busy and it's hard to reach out sometimes but I was brought here for a reason and I really need help from someone who is versed on this subject and isn't full of chit. Thanks

Is Ibogaine any more effective than other hallucinogens at "curing" addictions? It just sounds like a long lasting DMT(or is that ayaschsa?) that would scare the living shit out of a person and make them contemplate their whole life

Yes it is. Ibogaine has unique actions in the brain that other psychedelics do not. This is true of people, as well as in lab rats. I can tell you first hand no psychedelic ever 'reset' my brain, or completely rid my body of any and all opiate withdrawal symptoms until ibogaine. A great paper is this one...

https://www.iceers.org/docs/science/iboga/Maciulaitis et al_2008_Ibogaine_Anti-Addictive_Drug.pdf

Another great paper is this one...

http://www.if-pan.krakow.pl/~popikp/download/5397_popik_ibogaine_pharm_rev.pdf

and

http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/alperetal.html

The effects of ibogaine are nothing at all like DMT/ayahuasca. It is a calm, dream-like experience which walks the user back through their life vs a visionary, entheogenic ayahuasca-type experience.

There have even been synthetic analogues of ibogaine (18-MC) that still have the 'addiction interrupting' action but without the psychotropic action.

Last edited:
I didn't know that about synthetic ibogaine analogues, interesting.

But yes I will echo MGS, ibogaine is very much different from other psychedelics. It felt like it rooted the addiction out of my mind both physically and psychologically. My addiction was opiates, 10 years of it... it seems to work especially well for opiates. It was not frightening at all but it was the most intense experience of my life. Deeply transformative for my life in more ways than just curing my addiction. It seemed to work for me on an almost entirely subconscious/dream level, unlike most of the reports I read. It wasn't like serotonergic psychedelics such as DMT or mushrooms or LSD at all, the trip didn't even resemble anything else I've ever tried.

Sure but I'm not on here much at all. I only post when I read something dangerous or misleading as I still get updates from this thread in my gmail. It was a few years ago now I started posting here lol. I'll try and help though

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. getting ibogaine treatment but don't know which one to choose. There is one in Toronto canada and another one in canada called liberty root but can't find anyone whose actually been there.

Need info so please anyone with any info what so ever pm me or reply. Thank you

greetings...

hellos to everyone, from the newest greenlighter,

reading through the whole thread, am enormously grateful, for all the information, for all the advice, as even from the couple of posts seemingly emanating obsessively negative attitudes, there exists something to learn.

one question, does anyone have experience with micro-dosing for audio work (meaning the enhancement of the listening capabilities in sound design, mixing, mastering, engineering tasks)?

hoping to become the eternally thankful future baanzi, wishing everyone on the forum the best of the best...

Last edited:
Hey All,

Am extremely grateful for this thread - invaluable source of info :)

I've been forced to take antipsychotic drugs (abilify) injections for around a year, and am currently completely destroyed physically/mentally/emotionally/spiritually - searching desperately for a way to heal; mostly from the anhedonia (loss of emotions).

I have no form of "mental illness" - went wrongly diagnosed as a schizophrenic.

Has anyone been in a similar spot? I have emailed a few clinics who recommended a wait time of 2weeks to 2months, since my last injection. How long would you guys advise I wait before an Iboga flood or microdose?