View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that are doing 4-ho-met and MXE, is anyone IM'ing them together, or in short succession? I've found when I IM MXE and a Tryptamine that it vastly more impacts me than doing them any other way. I've snorted MXE and DPT together, I've eaten 2c-e and MXE, and I've plugged 5-meo-dmt and MXE. I've done various combinations of MXE and those drugs and some others IM, and I don't bother with other ROA's anymore. IV may be better, but I don't really see how, and feel no need to IV. The immersive experience of both a psychedelic and MXE slamming into you is just breathtaking, and I hole much harder if I IM as well.

Happy times. Couldnt end soon enough though. It was the extra caffeine I took during to try and stay up all night for work that made me anxious and blegh, otherwise not a bad trip in retrospect.

was thinking about trying this combo. what doses did you take and what tolerance do you have ? :)

2 cents:

Snuff tobaco + MXE is much nicer than simply tobacco :)

For those that are doing 4-ho-met and MXE, is anyone IM'ing them together, or in short succession? I've found when I IM MXE and a Tryptamine that it vastly more impacts me than doing them any other way. I've snorted MXE and DPT together, I've eaten 2c-e and MXE, and I've plugged 5-meo-dmt and MXE. I've done various combinations of MXE and those drugs and some others IM, and I don't bother with other ROA's anymore. IV may be better, but I don't really see how, and feel no need to IV. The immersive experience of both a psychedelic and MXE slamming into you is just breathtaking, and I hole much harder if I IM as well.
i tried 5meodmt and mxe plugged too. I dont think i got any effect from the 5meodmt though, or maybe i did but just didnt notice. how about you?

was thinking about trying this combo. what doses did you take and what tolerance do you have ? :)

I cant give you accurate info as I have no scales. Only approximations. Very sorry.
Approx 30-35mg of MXE and 250 mg DXM. Plus about 3-400 mg of caffeine, cant remember. Dont add caffeine. It sux. Tolerances are fairly low to both substances. I only like to go to the second plateau of a DXM trip. Anything beyond that and it becomes too much. I just like the euphoria.

I cant give you accurate info as I have no scales. Only approximations. Very sorry.
Approx 30-35mg of MXE and 250 mg DXM. Plus about 3-400 mg of caffeine, cant remember. Dont add caffeine. It sux. Tolerances are fairly low to both substances. I only like to go to the second plateau of a DXM trip. Anything beyond that and it becomes too much. I just like the euphoria.

Holy crap, 3-400mg caffeine? Do you have a high caffeine tolerance? MXE raises the heartrate already itself. It's actually very stimulating in large doses. You'll feel that your heartrate is higher even the next day after a heavy dose. I wouldn't add caffeine to that, it puts a hell of a strain on the heart.

So I read about adverse reaction to MDMA and MXE combinations but i cannot find any trip reports other than the comparison to mdai and the OD of the sweidish. I found some adverse reaction to 6-apb and methylone (both seem to have some contaminated batches, or totally different chemicals being sold under their names) but not mdma . Can anyone provide links to such experiences (mdma -mxe ) or can make an assumption why are these adverse reactions happening with serotonin releasers and methoxetamine?

After going through all 5 big n dandy threads i didn't found any reports of adverse reaction to mdma and mxe i understand the possibility in terms of harm reduction that bk-mdma apb-5 or apb-6 being passed as mdma out there ,ending in bad situations but from what i have read mxe and mdma doesn't seem like a dangerous combination.

some assumptions i found about mdai and methylone though

Saucy wrote
Each of these three aforementioned terms can mean anything on the following list, which I have ordered (as best as I can) according to the approximate frequency with which the term is correctly representative of the intended disambiguation for the greatest number of probable contexts in which one of the three synonymous, generalized phrases mentioned in the preceding paragraph would be used.

1) Serotonin receptor agonist (selective or non-selective) (partial or full)
2) Serotonin reuptake inhibitor (selective or non-selective)
3) Serotonin releasing agent
4) Serotonin receptor antagonist (non-selective) (partial or full)
5) Serotonin receptor inverse agonist (partial or full)
6) Serotonin precursor, or serotonin precursor prodrug

MDAI's mechanism of action includes pharmacological effects involving both "2" and "3". Given the intrinsic dangers involved in promoting the release of serotonin while simultaneously inhibiting its reuptake, it should come as no surprise that combining other drugs with MDAI is a risky and dangerous endeavor.

But wait, there's more! MDAI also inhibits the reuptake of dopamine, although it is not particularly effective at doing this, so it shouldn't pose too much of a problem unless it is combined with another drug that either strongly releases dopamine, or strongly inhibits its reuptake. Thank God methoxetamine doesn't act as a dopamine releasing agent! Too bad it is a powerful dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

So in review, combining MDAI with Methoxetamine means that the following things are going on in your brain:

1) Strong release of serotonin
2) Strong inhibition of serotonin reuptake
3) Weak inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake
3) Weak inhibition of dopamine reuptake

4) Strong inhibition of dopamine reuptake
5) Strong antagonism at NMDA receptors
6) Weak agonism at Mu-opioid receptors*

*(uncomfirmed, but possible due to the chemical's structural similarity to 3-MeO-substituted arylcyclohexylamines that are known to possess agonistic activity at Mu-opioid receptors)

So what makes this combination dangerous and/or damaging IMO is:

1) Large amounts of serotonin are released and are not reuptaken.
There has been so little study on methoxetamine, in vitro or in vivo, formal or informal. We know very little about the drug itself, and far less about how it interacts with other psychoactive drugs.
How methoxetamine interacts with large concentrations of extra-cellular and cytoplasmic serotonin, in the presense of a compounded releaser/reuptake-inhibitor is anybody's guess, but it requires no stretch of the imagination to hypothesize that damage to the serotonergic system could result.
2) Multiple drugs are inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine.
This interaction is somewhat more straightforward, but once again, we have an exiguous understanding of how these particular drugs will react in combination.
I would hypothesize that the possibility of damage to the dopaminergic system (to a more mild extent relative to the possibility for serotonergic damage, but nonetheless something that I would not haphazardly disregard) does exist with this combination of poorly understood drugs.

while both MDMA and its beta-ketone analog (methylone) promote the release of dopamine to some extent, only methylone appreciably inhibits its reuptake. So combining methylone and methoxetamine causes this to occur in your brain:

1) Moderate release of serotonin
2) Moderate inhibition of serotonin reuptake
3) Moderate release of norepinephrine
4) Moderate inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake
5) Moderate release of dopamine
6) Moderate inhibition of dopamine reuptake

4) Strong inhibition of dopamine reuptake
5) Strong antagonism at NMDA receptors
6) Possible weak agonism at Mu-Opioid receptors *(see above)*

MDMA possesses some agonistic activity at serotonin receptors. Relevantly, MDMA is a weak 5-HT2a agonist, which should negate some of the toxicity induced by methoxetamine's antagonistic effects at NMDA glutamate receptors. This fact, in addition to the drug's minimal effect on the reuptake of dopamine (in the sense that it is not compounding methoxetamine's inhibition of dopamine reuptake in the same manner that an equipotent dose of methylone would be expected to induce), may contribute to MDMA's subjectively better synergy with methoxetamine than that of its beta-ketone analog.

AMT is actually a strong triple-releaser, and a moderate triple-reuptake-inhibitor, and it possesses more notable pharmacological mechanisms than I have the time or energy left to go into in detail. Notably, it's a moderate non-selective serotonin agonist, and if I remember correctly, it even possesses D1 dopamine agonistic properties. I've heard nothing but good things about its combination with MXE, though, so who knows what's going on there? Actually, I know the answer to that question. Nobody. Nobody knows the details of what exactly happens when you combine AMT and MXE.

Thought it would be nice to dig that up again and put it in the combination thread if not feel free to delete or tell me to edit my post :) Long Long time lurker here.

Last edited:
Was on medscape using the interaction checker and checking MXE with some of the meds I take and found this:

amitriptyline + methoxamine
amitriptyline, methoxamine. Other (see comment). Serious - Use Alternative. Comment: Tricyclic antidepressants increase or decrease effects of sympathomimetics, by blocking reuptake of NE, or blocking uptake of indirect sympathomimetics into the adrenergic neuron.

I was taking amitriptyline until about 1.5 weeks ago. Only took it for about 3 weeks solid then went on/off with out for the last week before I stopped taking it so I think I am ok but just wanted to add this in hopes it gets added to the OP and helps somebody or something.

was methoxamine a typo? cause thats different than mxe.

Ah damn it, I fail.

Trying to look out for the best of the forum and I overlooked a small typo. Thanks for the catch, editing it off now.

The weak batch of MXE doesn't interact so well with 2C-B. Boooomeer...
Definitely its the substantial DARI component missing that gives the unique euphoric synergy.

Some MXE came in the post today (everyone seems to be going on about it so thought I'd try :p) I'd prefer to oral/sublingual rather than snort... How does 30mg in a gel cap sound?

Sounds like a good start. Some people start at 15 mg, but 30 isn't bad either.

Posted this in the wrong thread too, oops. Yeah, I was seeing a lot of people do 50+ so i guessed around 30, I think I read that oral isn't as efficient anyway so we'll see. Thanks :)

^ I'd say 30 is a good start depending on the quality. My first batch 40mg got me basically the same place as 50mg does with my current batch.

IME oral is faaaar better than insufflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.