Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the Point of Life?

cire113

Bluelighter
Seriously wtf is the point??

How do i find meaning in this crazy existence...

Eat, Shit, Sleep, etc monotony of everyday life

in my opinion dont worry about some subjective judeo-christian god who will determine your entry into some mystical place of pleasure, no point in stressing over buddhism's guidelines of perfecting thoughts and trying to reach some kind of nirvana, religions are the opinions of people just like you and i searching for meaning in this experience

noones ever gonna find out in the end...

experience life, try and find joy, make what you will of it...albert einstein said somthing about the mystery of life being one of the greatest aspects of life, if we knew what the fuck we were here for there wouldnt really be a point...

Detecting or creating meaning often has to do with being interested in something. People who think you detect meaning might be advantaged by thinking there is an inherent, for real and for true meaning out there. If you are of the school that thinks meaning is created by us then it takes mental work or some kind of trick to find life meaningful.

If life isn't all that meaningful there are always passtimes.

meaning lies within knowing thyself. When you find yourself hungry, ask who is it that is hungry. when you are tired, who is tired? who is angry? when you find out who this is, you will know the meaning of life. The yogi seeks to know that principle by which all else is known. You may know the entire world, but if you dont know yourself, you will know it all falsely. And if you know nothing of the world, but only of yourself, you will know the true nature of all things.

yea its all about self realization. the purpose is to awaken and realize yourself as god incarnate in human form.

I dunno. Take your best guess. Yours is as good as mine.

I doubt that there's any meaning in eating, defecating, or sleeping. Life as a human being consists of a lot more than that, though.

Personally I think that the most meaningful moments of life occur by the process of artistic creativity, or by the appreciation of artistic beauty, so that's what I tend to spend my time doing.

I like to think that our point in life is to die. But before that day comes I, personally, feel like I am responsible for influencing other's lives for the best. Because when you die, you can't take things with you, but you can sure as hell leave them behind.

To keep the species alive and that's about it. Though I feel humans have even less of a "point" as maintaining large number of individuals hasn't been very hard for us, especially over the last 100 years.

But for real, the shit is just coincidence. Make it what ever you want it to be if having a point is that important to you.

This question troubles me as well. That question and what is the point to the color orange. Mind boggling.

In a strictly biological, evolutionary sense, the purpose of life is to maximize the continuation of a species by increasing the likelihood of its survival through natural selection. To survive and reproduce.

In the philosophical, introspective sense, I'd say the purpose of life is whatever you want it to be. Things are only as important as the importance we assign them. It's up to you.

just as you said eat, shit, sleep we have these wonderful senses and a vast amount of stimulus around us, enjoy the interaction, and feel it to the fullest.

The point is for the One Consciousness to experience another infinite reality of Itself in self-aware realization.

i think that the most simple answer would be : now

now is the point

images

you are here, you are now

then again you could put that point in the future and say "this" is how you are suppose to live your life or something, and thats great too but the simple answer to me right now seems to be that the point of life is ; you are here right now, and that should be enough unless it isnt about the experience but narrowing it down to linear thoughts that you can analyze on a cerebral level with the acquired knowledge you possess atm but that, in itself, might be missing the point

Life is itself the point.

The unconscious supports the conscious(we are all made of stardust), but the two really are one in the same.

Life is because of non-life, non-life is because of life.
Your statement "eat shit sleep" was deceptively wise. That's really all you have control over.
Don't over-think it.

Actually The AppleCore's first response resonates most strongly with me:
"I dunno. Take your best guess. Yours is as good as mine."

Last edited:
i asked this question to a 12 year old kid and he said

"to live"

HOly shit a 12 year old told me this!!!

Most people I ask this feel uncomfortable about it, like they consciously dont want to even think about such a question

How to find meaning is your question...
The word meaning is a presupposition of itself. Mankind created that word to give himself the illusion of an ultimate goal. In a barren wasteland, without the hope of an oasis on the horizon, we are free to roam wherever. So the falsity of meaning was created to give man an imperative for action; the ultimate placebo if you will. A rock has no meaning, it just is. A star has no meaning, it just is. We should not look for meaning, it does not exist, we should just be, and be content with the situation purely because it is the one we find ourselves in.

Gnothi Seauton -

Writ large above the entrance to the Oracle at Delphi. Nothing makes sense without a solid understanding of yourself. The answers to the most occluded questions concerning reality lie dormant in every one of us, though I doubt few ever glean the answers they are looking for, or else cannot reconcile the answers with what they want to believe.