• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What's the Point of Life?

Seriously wtf is the point??

How do i find meaning in this crazy existence...

Eat, Shit, Sleep, etc monotony of everyday life

Can you elaborate on this? What are the feelings that surrounds these thoughts?

I am picking up feelings of hopelessness and anger. If this is true, why are you feeling this way?

The point of life is to have kids and otherwise create conditions to keep your genes alive for one more generation. 'Life' is just one long unbroken chain of a species, its only purpose is to continue. Life doesn't really care about individuals, or any hopes aspirations or higher purpose you may have decided upon for yourself. You as an individual are irrelevant. Sorry.

I wouldn't call self-replication a purpose, just something that our genes created our minds to will us to do. Life doesn't care about individuals, or about society. Life doesn't care about anything, it's not a being. We on the other hand do, I think that's a major source of frustration and unhappiness, we face the void of unfeeling when we ourselves feel, we absorb all around us and if that place is cold and heartless (like most of western society today) then we will perhaps inevitably drift towards that same ideology. We were moulded by nature to be a social species - in hunter-gatherer society we lived in tribes and had constant contact with a particular group of individuals - yet alienation is constantly increasing in today's world. We are creating the antithesis of our very being and in the process destroying ourselves. Well done humanity.

well according to the laws of entropy, all the earth's thermal and mechanical functions will ultimately fail, thus rendering all human endeavour ultimately futile.
All life exists to serve one purpose, the continuation of itself, to spread the seed.
Other than that it is what you make of it.
Find what makes you happy and pursue that.
until the inevitable mortal fate we all share catches up with you.

Mod post: We discourage cross-posting in all of our forums, and please make sure that the videos that you link are on topic, and please provide some explanation of them.

ebola

Mod post: We discourage cross-posting in all of our forums, and please make sure that the videos that you link are on topic, and please provide some explanation of them.

ebola

sorry sorry sorry, i was inder the influence, what can i say, it all got a bit hazy there for a while, but the question who am I when asked so directly did captivate me.

I guess what I felt was that If I am going to continue to present myself to certain situations that could include percieved entity contact I felt it would be a good thing to really know who I was goint be introducing to these entities, they sure as hell seem to know who they are, It had never occured to me before to enquire that directly into myself.

sorry about the cross posts anyway, wont happen again.

Can you elaborate on this? What are the feelings that surrounds these thoughts?

I am picking up feelings of hopelessness and anger. If this is true, why are you feeling this way?

Honestly its more of a feeling of frustration... .Just never know what to do with myself... or better yet how do interact with other people...

I know what you mean.... I guess just be a cool guy and kickit til you die.
That rhymes so it must be right....

Honestly, an individual who is always trying to find purpose in life outside themselves is not going to find it, in my opinion at least. To really understand life, you must do your best to understand yourself. If you understand yourself, you'll better understand how to interpret everything that goes on in your life. So the bottom line is that you must do your best to understand yourself and that knowledge will give you the best understanding of everything else in life.

At times it really does seem tough and anyone who says they haven't felt a little lost in it all, is a liar. There's times where so much is going on in your life and it's so overwhelming, but then there's times where things are completely underwhelming as well. You just have to enjoy the good times because you have to remember they never last.

i have a running theory for the meaning of life:

to suffer

and then die obv

In my opinion - this is something I've thought about quite a lot in the past - there is no point in us being here.

WHat I mean is there is no particular reason, I believe this was all some freak accident - life, the universe, and everything - and us mere mortals ponder on the meaning of life because we want some answer to override our absolute autonomy over our destinies, something to take away responsibility for our lives - something to live for besides making each other and ourselves happy.

WHen I came to this conclusion, I stopped pondering, and just realized we all need to accept the coincidental circumstances that we're thrown into, and make our lives, and the people in our close vicinity HAPPY LIVES.

We make a point to life - it's a conceptual construction, which I believe will never be more than abstract, so why chase it?

^
Good old existentialism :) very freeing once you accept it, but unfortunately most people spend their entire lives deluded with the idea that there is a universal meaning and that they can find it...
As Sartre said - Man is condemned to be free.

I think the point of life is to reconnect with the source of all life and to overcome the alienation inherent in the individual's struggle for survival.

I've toyed with the idea for some time that right now, some greater power or entity is living my life through my eyes in order to learn some sort of lesson or gain some sort of mastery. By learning to balance, to moderate, to give and take, and to avoid delusions of permanence or unlimited power, the guy holding the joystick that moves MyDoorsAreOpen completes the level of the game, and achieves the mastery he came for. (Such things are easiest expressed in metaphors.)