• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

You can't say it can't be the placebo *effect* because if you were conscious of the disparity between what it would exert naturally versus how expectation changes/amplifies it, then it wouldn't be the placebo effect. My point is that you don't know what it would have felt like without the 3a4 inhibitor so there's no way to tell what, if any, impact that had.

If you're using street drugs, if there was a change, it's more likely variance in the potency of the product rather than fentanyl adulteration (or even another variable such as environmental tolerance or something else along those lines). Fentanyl makes for a far different and less euphoric high than heroin and is less commonly used as an adulterant in most places because heroin is far cheaper than regulated (or even illicitly synthesized) pharmaceutical opioids. Powder heroin is cut with fentanyl at times (often from diverted veterinarian supplies) but given the regulation of such, the additional liability of adding a pharmaceutical heist on top of importing and distributing and your consumer generally not wanting a product that is cut with a less enjoyable alternative, it's far from ubiquitous.

(...cue the "no way, my stuff is consistent" and/or "I would know if it was stronger so there's no way" retort ;))

My only purpose in responding is to point out that you can't know something like that your heroin was cut with fentanyl by speculating after the fact when there are so many variables you aren't controlling for and even if you were, without lab testing, it's impossible to know.

Even if you'd used that batch before, subtleties such as inconsistency of the distribution of the cut or the proportion of nasal spray you used being absorbed by your nasal mucosa providing for less loss of bioavailability by incidental oral ingestion could also produce what you believe to have experienced.

This post is spot on. Read, Learn.

so i just got a bottle of delsym cough and it has just DXM in it, whats the best amount to dose before doing some dope to help further tolerance and potentiation it?

also i have another question, i took 100mg of vyvanse earlier today around 4am this morning when i woke up, would i be ok to take dxm around 130-2pm? I have a pretty damn high tolerance to amphetamines/vyvanse they don't really get me high anymore if that matters.

Last edited:
so i just got a bottle of delsym cough and it has just DXM in it, whats the best amount to dose before doing some dope to help further tolerance and potentiation it?

Delsym Cough is serious stuff.

If you're just doing it to potentiate an opiate, i'd say 400mg DXM (if you're experience using DXM as an opiate potentiator). If you are NOT experienced using DXM as an opiate potentiator, stay around the 110-125mg range. Then, just gradually work your way up.

Pound for pound. Delsym is the best DXM product on the market right now for potentiating opiates. It's also like $15 a bottle around here, so my buddy Psycho Sid usually ganks it for me.

Sorry for the confusing replies, I'm learning here.

I am wondering if promethazine goes well with hydrocodone?

I know people seem to go on and on about how great it potentiates codeine with this whole lean business.

Since hydrocodone and codeine are chemically similar I wonder if there is anything to gain from taking some promethazine with it? My main goals are to not be in pain or dope sick. I am running a bit low on my normal rx of morphine.

Also would does promethazine do anything with morphine?

^^^

Yeah it is combined with hydrocodone as well as codeine in the cough syrups that people abuse. There is a similar synergy as when it is used with codeine.

It'll fuck you up with any opiate you take it with, really.. if that's the effect your looking for.

I am trying promethazene for the first time as a potentiator to my half tenth shot of H. I already dosed the opioid and then took a k3 prmthzne pill...I'm sure this will be a relaxing night...My only concern is that I am asthmatic and the anhistimine may cause an adverse reaction...but we'll cross those bridges when we get there lol

Lyrica works for me

I can't even begin to describe the intense suicidal thoughts I had when I took Lyrica. I was scared out of my mind, and have sworn never to go back to it, no matter how bad the pain gets (and more often than not, it is shocking). I went through Norspan patches, which not only didn't work, but also left burn marks on my skin. I've had CT guided injections, general steroid injections, and ended up then moving to the tablets to try and help. Lyrica first, as above = no good. OTC anti inflammatory meds = would have to take too many to help. Then moved into the Tramadol (ok, but still in pain) and oxycodone range (real relief, finally). This is over 12 months ago, though, and I am still unable to return to work full time. The 5mg oxycodone hcl tablets seem to be the only thing that have worked, however, due to the duration of time I have been taking them, they are relieving pain for shorter and shorter time spans. I have been RX'd 4 p/day endone, and that's it. For the last two months, though, I have had to self-medicate up to one extra pill per day at times (which I'm not entirely proud of, and am aware it can make me out to look like a seeker to some doctors). With a month between doctor visits this time, I have had to try and make do with what's available, to help with my pain. So, apart from the odd OTC 15/500 codeine/paracetamol assistance (with help from threads on here), I've now taken to self medicating with tramadol 100mg SR 1 in morning, one @ night, and continuing with normal RX of endone. Is the doctor likely to prescribe me both moving forward (i.e. should I tell them), or should I try and do the grapefruit thing before and after each endone once the RX is filled again? Or both?

I am very new here, so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong place, too long, too much detail etc. I have written something similar on another thread, but it seems that here is where I might get the help I need. I would really appreciate it, if possible, and thank you sincerely for reading regardless.

Ps. Since reading about getting the spelling right (^ ^ ^), I've really tried to get it right in this one. Hopefully I pass.

Anyone like a bump of K when on opiates to potentiate? I find sometimes it adds to the euphoria in a really nice way.

^ I did find it to be quite a synergistic combination the one time I tried it years ago.

I have to say, I've never used Benadryl for anything other than allergies, but the gellcaps do wonders for spider bites. Take one orally, spread one across the wound....

Last edited:
For me, a nice, warm cup of sweet tea is fantastic on opies - I get terrible sugar munchies when opiated so I add 3+ spoonfuls of sugar, can't be too healthy.

^^^

+1 I love organic honey. I'm all about a spoonful of that shit and some lemon in my tea. That's how a boss does it.

Today I took Tagamet 600 mg 45 minutes before my double dose of Percocet. Worked like a charm. The dose lasted all day and was far more euphoric. I will do this faithfully from now on in order to save my medication so I can make sure not to run out.

Whats the difference between all the oxys? So far ive noticed 3

Oxycodon
Oxycotty
Oxyneo (abuse proof right?)

Is there more types

Is endone a type of the above or in its own category?

Whats a safe amount to use first time recreationally?

^Might be better to ask that in a general opioid thread, rather than a potentiation thread like this one.

Also, where did you see "Oxycotty"?! never heard of that one before.... sounds like a fabric softener!

(Endone is a brand name for pills containing oxycodone, usually in small amounts only, I believe)

My stupid phone likes to cut off the last letter before a new line. Its annoying and i dont care enough to fix it :p

I didnt want to start a new thread cos figured they might be basic questions and someone could just- tell me. I think i meant oxycottin but am too lazy to look up the spelling

So 5mg endones are not strong?

I think i meant oxycottin but am too lazy to look up the spelling

Ah, that's be Oxycontin - as in continual release.

Endones are not particularly strong, no. Oxycodone is a potent opioid, though for sure. It really depends on your tolerance.

By the way, there's an existing thread called the "Synthetic Opioid Megathread" which has lots of info in there. Probably easier to find it by typing that phrase into Google rather than using BL's search function.