• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Welcome to BL.

We actually have a whole megathread on potentiating. I'll merge this there so the discussion can continue, but give that a read and you'll find tons of great info.

Omg.. My sincere thanx for starting a thread like this. I'm a 4+ yr, medically prescribed OxyContin user (used to relieve the pain from my advanced spondylosis/spondylosithesis disorders). I've been on dosages of as high as 40mg tabs 2x daily, though I've fought reeaally hard to come down to a more manageable 20mg tabs 2x daily regiment. This is also prescribed with various other meds at the moment (Valium, Soma, Diphenhydramine & Prilosec). I was originally looking for information on how to make my current dosage of OxyContin more effective &/or extend its duration of effectiveness. I had No Idea that I was already being prescribed some, what seems like, very effective potentiators. Lol & all this time I've been afraid to combine all these meds & have been taking them separately (as needed). You all have given me a whole lot to read up & study on & some very interesting ideas. I especially would like to try the grapefruit thing soon. Again, my sincerest thanx to all responsible for making this great resource available to those who need it :)
My thanx & aloha to all,
~ N3f

That's not true. Toxic dose is 1000 times more than recommended dose... or something. I don't have the info with, but it's easy enough to find
PtP

New here, so sorry if this has already been asked. Swim is wondering if grapefruit juice or tagamet potentiate heroin specifically? Swim knows opiates have different qualities, and swim has seen a lot of posts about codeine, hydrocodone, etc. Swim was wondering what works well to make the high last longer and/or stronger on heroin. Has swiy tried white grapefruit juice or tagamet with heroin? Or anything else that works? Swim knows about benzos. Thanks for the help!

Question - why is every motherfucker on every motherfucking drug thread called SWIM? Am I missing some acronym shit, or are u the Jesus of Dope AKA Bill Burroughs incarnate?
PtP

I'm not sure if it's a direct potentiation or some sort of synergy of effects, however, I have found recreational doses or armodafinil (600-750mg) cause opiates (well so far I've only tried codeine) to be significantly stronger. Like I'm talking, I can eat 40mg of codeine and it literally feels like I've eaten ~30mg oxy and have a huge energy buzz on top of it. As a side note I don't use opiates very often and would have little or no tolerance. The difference is just massive; even if I'm on a study dose 150-300mg, and only eat 20mg codeine,, I'll end up with a really nice subtle warmth high alongside the energy and focus from armodafinil, like equivalent to ~100mg codeine.

I'm not sure what the actual interaction is here though so I haven't been game to try the stronger stuff I have (oxy and tramadol) in case something bad happens. Anyone know anything about this interaction/potentiation?

Thanx y'all (& I realise y'all ain't talkin' to me)... I got tonnes of Modafinil from the Silk Road days sitting around bcos it didn't compare to gas - which i naively figured it would - & that's similar shit, if memory serves...

will seroquel potentiate opiates?

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, I just know that it has strong anti-histamine effects in addition to its anti-psychotic effects so I've been curious

Yes seroquel potentiates them for sure. Just don't take too much seroquel or you'll just wanna pass out, then you'll feel like a zombie the day after. But it will potentiate your opiates quite nicely, I've only done it at night tho. I'd imagine if doing it during the day you wouldn't have much energy for anything.

I've found DXM to noticeably increase the effects of codeine. Other potentiators like Promethazine and similar anti-histamines can provide some mild sedation, but codeine is sedating enough so I feel it unnecessary. The DXM sweet-spot for me is 50mg 30 minutes before dosing. (I'm 60kg's - 130 or so pounds.)

Tolerance to the effects of anti-histamines as well as benzodiazepines seems to increase far to quickly to be worthy of anything but sporadic use, plus the added dangers of benzo's (my second favorite choice) makes them better used rarely.

Also I enjoy the mild anti-depressant effects of DXM.

Even a bump of K is nice once in a blue moon - but I wouldn't combine it with stronger opiates because it'd likely cause bad nausea.

I've seen promethazine on here once-- thats a great drug to pair with opiates for a myriad of reasons and its isnt hard to get a script of. Good luck guys!
Also, I have had bad expriences pairing muscle relaxers like soma with opiates so be careful with that. I was pairing it with IV heroin but it was really bad... I got pretty drugged.

I have NEVER had trouble pairing K and heroin. Its an incredible combination of drugs to experience. I recommend to all... I didnt have any nausea.

Oh yea I forgot about the dxm thing, it's worked for me multiple times. I'll swear by it. One should be careful not to dose too much dxm or the opiate effects may not be as pleasant if one finds the dxm buzz to be undesirable. But a low dose 20-60 MG is pretty solid. Not to mention the reverse tolerance

Quetiapine (Seroquel) will make you more fucked up and sedated but if anything, reduces the euphoria because it's a dopamine antagonist and the euphoria comes from the way opioids bind to the opiate receptors which trigger the VTA and Nucleus Accumbens (pleasure centers) to basically increase dopamine transmission.

Quetiapine (Seroquel) will make you more fucked up and sedated but if anything, reduces the euphoria because it's a dopamine antagonist and the euphoria comes from the way opioids bind to the opiate receptors which trigger the VTA and Nucleus Accumbens (pleasure centers) to basically increase dopamine transmission.

That makes sense actually. I haven't done the research behind it but just thru experience it 'fucks me up' more. I'd much rather take a low DXM dose with opiates

I've tried 384mg Codeine (CWE 30*12.8mg/tab N+) several times. On some of the occasions, about 20-30 minutes prior I've taken 40mg of Nexium. (A proton pump inhibitor). I've read quite a few anecdotal reports that the Nexium will potentiate the codeine, as it allows a higher level of absorption at the gut level.

In my experience I have not found this to be true. Ultimately I've only noticed a negligible difference in both strength and longevity of the codeine high.

Don't get me wrong, Codeine is good fun (although holds nothing on H :p), but in all honesty I have found Nexium does not serve to potentiate its effects.

Today I have no taken my dose of methadone and read the first post I came down to the pharmacy and bought Valium, cyclobenzaprine, doxylamine, clotiapine and omeprazole. I also had in hidroxizine house and clonidine.

Omeprazole enhances the action of other oral methadone enhancers but do not know how to use them.

Taking these enhancers I've said, what is the best way to use them to enhance a dose of 140 mg. methadone? What should I use? What dose and at what time? Before or after methadone ...?