• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not but there are a list of herbal supplements in which the herbs are mechanism based inhibitors of CYP3A4. Mechanism based inhibitors inhibit an enzyme drastically and in some cases, they can deactive that particular enzyme in your body until it goes through the process and makes more.

I will see if I can find the list but the one that is easy to get and really common is Schizandra Fruit which comes in Schizandra Fruit extract and can be bought at any vitamin or herb shop. You need to be careful though because if you do not have that enzyme, your body may have issues cleaning out any substances that are cleaned out by that enzyme and can lead to toxicity issues.

I actually have a spreadsheet somewhere that has a long list of potentiators which are all based on enzyme manipulation for opioids including Kratom. I've got to find that because lots of good info that I researched over a long period of time reading medical studies.

so if planning on taking 70 mg hydro, then CWE another 150 how much benedryl to take with the first and second dose.

the first dose will be taken 1 hour before the 2nd dose? iv had good luck with 75 mg should i stick to that or no?

Personally, that sounds like a miserable time and you are basically going to pass out or close to it.

Regardless, it is kinda of hard to answer that question when you do not state what your goal is.

I have 2 5/325 hydrocodone pills but since i have a fairly high tolerance level im afraid that if i take these orally i wont get a buzz. i usually have to take 4 or 5 of these to get a good buzz. what other ways can i take them that would increase the high? if any.
fuck snorting them and im not going to inject them. help pls

Try UYB, i.e. plugging. The most effective roa after I.V.

I have found that benedryl DOES potentate subs,tho my experience was on a much larger scale.not planned that way,but hallucinations,audio,and visual got pretty bad.I could not tune my own guitar. I,m old schooled(over 60),The drugs around 45 yrs ago are all but gone off the market and took alot of good people down.
I'm sick of meth clinics,and the docs are dropping out and going to subs. WEll they still cash in on subs wo all the risk. Subs to me are better than being in opiate wd....but not by much! After ditching the dryl,amazed I was still breathing, and still had a wife, one morning my feet and legs were really swollen...pitting edema. I'm pretty healthy for my age. but this edema means
your kidneys, liver, whatever are shutting down. When taking the sominex (dryl), I thought I was sleeping a bit between horrific nightmares,hallucinations ,etc.After stopping the dryl and lowering the subs and ativan doses ,I don't sleep much at all. I had a bunch of other weird infections,tendon problems....I'm just trying to say, if you are the very adictive type, binger, etc. I would tell ya to ditch the benadryl That shit is pure garbage!

I didn't see a post about Tizanidine (Zaniflex in the US)...... I have heard this works.....

Does anyone know what dose of Benadryl would be required to potentiate 15mg of Oxycodone?

I am prescribed 50mg's of Benadryl IM q6h by my doctor. In the ER I've seen it IV. JUST DON'T GO SUBCU, the box states for IV/ deep IM injection. The reason for deep IM injection is tat it can cause necrosis.

Just sifting through this thread...and I got mad and more mad to the point where I was feeling a slight jolt of anger down my spine, neck and arms....it's Tagamet, not Tagament, Tagment, Tegmet or simetidine. fuck.

Alright so I used some of the recommendations listed
800mg Cimetidine half our before
30mg hydrocodone
Half our later 1 toast with good amount of butter.
Results feeling amazing.

Cimitedine will definatly increase your buzz and the oxy will stay in your system longer if u take cimitidine(tagemet)

Take about 400mg an hour before taking oxy or any other opiate

Last edited by a moderator:
A white grapfruit juce and tonic water cocktail
Tagamet and tums, If taking oraly

This was the correct reply.

Hi all,

How much more effective is it to plug a solution containing say 150mg of dihydrocodeine, than to use the same solution orally (and before it's been in your ass :p)

Anyone have experience with citrus cpy-450 inhibition?

I've had some fairly surprising potentiation of morphine, and on a few occasions, black tar and decently pure heroin from earl grey tea, and constant comment tea. The latter exhibiting the most pronounced affects.

Apparently theres a bunch of different cpy-450 inhibitors in bergamont/bitter orange rinds. Bergamottin being the most widely known one, along with 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin.

IME, the potentiation was stronger than floridas natural grapefruit juice with bigelow constant comment tea.

Be careful, one cup of tea had me nodding HARD, after a moderate nasal dose of off white "china white" heroin administered nasally in a sprayer. A dose that would normally be nothing more than pain relief, turned into a heavy duty narcotic experience.

Just a heads up, be safe with teas with citrus components that can have strong cpy-450 inhibition, at least from my experience in the matter.

Good way to potentate certain opioids is by stimulating the efficiency of certain liver enzymes responsible for converting morphine. Juice from white grapes is the most potent natural way to do so, then certain medications (antibiotics) also can potentate the enzymes, like chloramphenicol for example.

More obvious ways are benzodiazepines and anti-histamines, but I find those to take away from the opiate experience.

The sad thing is that once you go over the tolerance step where you can no longer catch a nod, there's no way to get it back without staying absent for some time. Opiates work in a way that will always satisfy the mind once ingested, unlike stimulants and alcohol that just won't work in a satisfactory way once tolerance develops.

Anyone have experience with citrus cpy-450 inhibition?

I've had some fairly surprising potentiation of morphine, and on a few occasions, black tar and decently pure heroin from earl grey tea, and constant comment tea. The latter exhibiting the most pronounced affects.

Apparently theres a bunch of different cpy-450 inhibitors in bergamont/bitter orange rinds. Bergamottin being the most widely known one, along with 6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin.

IME, the potentiation was stronger than floridas natural grapefruit juice with bigelow constant comment tea.

Be careful, one cup of tea had me nodding HARD, after a moderate nasal dose of off white "china white" heroin administered nasally in a sprayer. A dose that would normally be nothing more than pain relief, turned into a heavy duty narcotic experience.

Just a heads up, be safe with teas with citrus components that can have strong cpy-450 inhibition, at least from my experience in the matter.

Neither heroin nor morphine are metabolized by cyp450 3a4. Morphine undergoes glucoronidation and heroin is hydrolyzed then undergoes glucoronidation.

So either-

a.) your "heroin" and "morphine" were something that IS metabolized by cy450 3a4 (such as your 'chine white' being cut with fentanyl) or
b.) it was in your head.

Sorry to piss in your tea - Also a friendly tip, twining's earl grey tastes far better than bigelow ;)

Placebo effect definitely.

Even with my oxycodone or oxymorphone, I've eaten like no joke almost 12 grapefruits (topped with brown sugar ;) ) and had ZERO effect on the efficacy of the opioids (also tried with benzodiazepines) and felt if anything, less effective.

I used to use dhc, and later iv subutex and one thing that really enhanced the effects of both was dipenhydramine. (Not in a benadryl formulation, but the pure dph hcl tablets commonly sold as sleep aids.) With dhc, 100mg was enough. As an IV solution a quarter of this was more than enough, Filtered carefully of course; there are crazy binders in dph. Of course, it more than merely potentiates these opiates, but combines to create a very unique and pleasurable buzz. Dph is a sedative of course, so caffeine or strong coffee can counteract this effect, causing a more stimulating buzz.

Avoid large doses of dph; it's a delirant in high enough doses, and not particularly pleasant.....

Yeah, its prob cut with fent then. Theres no way its placebo. I had no idea those teas potentiated/inhibited cp-450 before i drank them. And the effects i felt, were far more powerful than what was expected from the opiate(oid) dose.

So it can't be placebo, since i had no idea i was potentiating it, until after the fact, when i looked into the affects of bergamont oranges and cp-450. Makes sense if you think most of the dope around is cut with fent to a degree or another.

I seriously doubt it was placebo though, as that would require prior expectancy that the tea would potentate the dose. Which was not there.

You can't say it can't be the placebo *effect* because if you were conscious of the disparity between what it would exert naturally versus how expectation changes/amplifies it, then it wouldn't be the placebo effect. My point is that you don't know what it would have felt like without the 3a4 inhibitor so there's no way to tell what, if any, impact that had.

If you're using street drugs, if there was a change, it's more likely variance in the potency of the product rather than fentanyl adulteration (or even another variable such as environmental tolerance or something else along those lines). Fentanyl makes for a far different and less euphoric high than heroin and is less commonly used as an adulterant in most places because heroin is far cheaper than regulated (or even illicitly synthesized) pharmaceutical opioids. Powder heroin is cut with fentanyl at times (often from diverted veterinarian supplies) but given the regulation of such, the additional liability of adding a pharmaceutical heist on top of importing and distributing and your consumer generally not wanting a product that is cut with a less enjoyable alternative, it's far from ubiquitous.

(...cue the "no way, my stuff is consistent" and/or "I would know if it was stronger so there's no way" retort ;))

My only purpose in responding is to point out that you can't know something like that your heroin was cut with fentanyl by speculating after the fact when there are so many variables you aren't controlling for and even if you were, without lab testing, it's impossible to know.

Even if you'd used that batch before, subtleties such as inconsistency of the distribution of the cut or the proportion of nasal spray you used being absorbed by your nasal mucosa providing for less loss of bioavailability by incidental oral ingestion could also produce what you believe to have experienced.

Last edited:
Hi all,

How much more effective is it to plug a solution containing say 150mg of dihydrocodeine, than to use the same solution orally (and before it's been in your ass :p)

I tried plugging about 200mg of DHC this evening (I say about, as it was a CWE)

I plugged it at 7pm tonight - it took an hour to kick in - which surprised me, I thought it would work very quickly. Without going too much information on your ass, I used a butt douche beforehand, to ensure my ass was empty and therefore the DHC was absorbed where it should be.

Anyway, it was far, far more effective than orally - feels about 5 times as strong and more than 2 hours later (given it kicked in at 8pm) I'm still feeling very euphoric. No itching or flushed face and chest like I get with plain codeine. It feels excellent I must say.