• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Ultimate Opiate Potentiation Thread v2.0

Fexeril not all great,I have bottles and bottles of it, didn't work for me, wish I had soma, docs here won't give it

Last edited:
Anyone like a bump of K when on opiates to potentiate? I find sometimes it adds to the euphoria in a really nice way.

A small oral dose of MXE taken around 40 minutes BEFORE taking an opiate can be an outstanding combination. It's something that only people familiar with both substances should try, however, because it can be hard to get the amounts right and can be dangerous for those without a fair tolerance.

Due to being an opiate addict, I very rarely am able to get high on opiates anymore (too expensive to do anything more than maintain a minimum standard of functionality. But I was amazed at the synergy MXE had with codeine when I tried that. I wasn't expecting much because codeine hasn't done much for me for years now, and so I was really surprised that the low dose of MXE seemed to mimic codeine's effects and enhance them to the point where it was actually a euphoric experience.

The trick of the thing I found was getting the MXE dose just right. Too much and it overpowers an opiate high and can increase respiratory depression significantly. Potentially very dangerous. Too little and nothing much happens. Get just the right amount and time it so both MXE and the opiate start becoming noticeable at the same time and it can be awesome.

Too awesome, in fact. When the MXE was all gone I found that my tolerance seemed to have blasted upwards, and I was getting even less than usual out of my daily maintenance doses.

Ok, here's a question? If a person who takes oxycodone gets stimulate feeling when its really a downer, is it safe for them to do other uppers with it, when its supposed to be worse mixing up and downer??

Hi Jeff :)

Your question is too broad and we don't have enough information to comment in detail. Oxycodone is a bit of a special case for "downers" because while it is an opioid and CNS depressant it is often said by users to create a light and stimulating high, compared to other papver somniferum-based substances like morphine, codeine, and heroin. So if you were thinking that your reaction to oxy was paradoxical, it isn't.

I think to answer this question, we need to be more specific: uppers and downers covers WAY too many substances of different classes and methods of action. What kind of stimulant were you thinking of taking with the oxy?

Hi Jeff :)

Your question is too broad and we don't have enough information to comment in detail. Oxycodone is a bit of a special case for "downers" because while it is an opioid and CNS depressant it is often said by users to create a light and stimulating high, compared to other papver somniferum-based substances like morphine, codeine, and heroin. So if you were thinking that your reaction to oxy was paradoxical, it isn't.

I think to answer this question, we need to be more specific: uppers and downers covers WAY too many substances of different classes and methods of action. What kind of stimulant were you thinking of taking with the oxy?
Ok, they say mixing percocet and coke is bad,percocet is down and coke upper, but percocet brings me up??

If you're just doing it to potentiate an opiate, i'd say 400mg DXM (if you're experience using DXM as an opiate potentiator). If you are NOT experienced using DXM as an opiate potentiator, stay around the 110-125mg range.

Saw this a page back and did a double take.... am I reading that right? 400mg of DXM to potentiate opiates!?!? Wouldn't that be like chugging most of a bottle of cough syrup? And surely that amount of DXM would overpower and/or completely impinge on any opiate experience.

Even 110-120mg sounds too high.

I've used DXM many, many times before taking an opiate and find that 40-60mg is as much as is needed. Going 100mg or over isn't really potentiating opiate effects so much as two drugs working at the same time.

I went back to 15mg of hydrocodone (as I had run out) but I had found some benedryl. I took one benedryl with them and it did feel a bit stronger. That single pill was 25mg of diphenhydramine (an antihistamine).

Saw this a page back and did a double take.... am I reading that right? 400mg of DXM to potentiate opiates!?!? Wouldn't that be like chugging most of a bottle of cough syrup? And surely that amount of DXM would overpower and/or completely impinge on any opiate experience.

Even 110-120mg sounds too high.

I've used DXM many, many times before taking an opiate and find that 40-60mg is as much as is needed. Going 100mg or over isn't really potentiating opiate effects so much as two drugs working at the same time.

I saw this too and my jaw just about hit the floor! When I use DXM to potentiate, even 30mg seems a little too much for me. 400mg and I'd think taking my DOC was just an OEV! haha!! Yikes!
:eek:

Apparantly even nicotine increases desired effects of opioids, from some reading I did last night.

Well this is meant to pass judgement. You are a piece of work. You must be high on crack right now. This thread isnt discussing the illicit use of street drugs in combination with the use of illicit opiates like street heroin. Which by the way, Heroin in its pure form makes for an extremely potent and relatively safe pain killer. But I somehow doubt you are using a pharmacetical grade of diecetylmorphine. The shit these Mexicans are bringing in is flat out scary. You dont know what you are getting. Could be 7% pure, could be 80% pure. Could have dog shit in it, u woukd never know. Then you are topping it off with chemically processed cocaine?? Thats a whole new definition of a potentiator. Most of us are simply looking for a combination of medication that maximizes the pain killing properties of the opiates we take. Im seeing now that I am very naive. I thought this was a place to come discuss things with people that are going through the same daily battles as I am. Its people like you that make it difficult for genuinely sick people to get the medicine they need. Junkies like you are the reason doctors and healthcare professionals hesitate to prescribe and administer potent opioids to people that really need them. Do you know how many doctors and pharmacists come browse these forums? They see morons like you spouting off a the mouth about how you're gonna take a hit of crack right after you push a bag of smack. Im sure im gonna get kicked off this site, which Im happy about. But you should go to the forums where the tweakers go and babble non sense all day. Wow, you got me on a roll. And I do take large amounts of opiate pain killers. And I do look for other LEGAL drugs to combine to help enhance their effectiveness. I'll even go as far as saying im addicted to my medicine. But not by choice, I have a very good reason to need a drug to control my pain. People that use and abuse drugs like you, have no place in everyday society. You are a burden on hard working, honest people that try to move forward everyday. You just get in the way by staying still and only dwelling on one thing. So, sorry to all who I just offended, but I dont give a fuck. Coming to this site was a mistake, it way the straw that broke the camels back. Im so sick.of looking out my door, walking through my neighborhood, and seeing these leeches of society, so selfish, so caught up in feeding their habit, so insistent on pursuing this lifestyle, that they have no regard for their fellow man. They dont care that they will rob and steal and hurt another, just so they can have what they think they need. If you are in pain, go to the doctor, get some legit meds. And stay away from the crack cocaine. Get rid of the smack, and quit acting like its so cool to act like an idiot.

Well, this will be erased in less than 5minutes. Just haf to get that out. Its an epidemic.

I find that a good first gen antihistamine or benzo helps potentiate also if taking orally have one or two caffeine tabs they help increase the absorption

Many people in this forum are talking about Quinine from Tonic Water. On Wikipedia I read, Tonic Water contains maximum 83mg/l. Would that be still enough to potentiate the lovely opioide buzz? Considering you drink 1-2 bottles over a day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonic_water

Apparantly even nicotine increases desired effects of opioids, from some reading I did last night.

If I'm an opioids and smoke a cigarette, I feel the sedation gets much stronger.

They have a compound here that works as an excellent potentiator for myself and contains chlorpromazine, promethazine, and phenobarbital that's called "Vegetamin A". I thought it was hilarious when I read the name on the blister-pack; am I wrong? Regardless, a great potentiator except for the dry-mouth and a little more noddy than I would like; just giving my opinion, not complaint. I already knew each was a potentiator in itself, but I think each has a hepatic metabolization which means first opies, then the med despite it's late onset.

I once had some information downloaded and bookmarked, but due to the fact my PC has since crashed and I no longer have said info, I was wondering if anyone, off the top of their head, could tell the name of the little known hepatic enzyme that can is an excellent potentiator, can actually reduce tolerance (yes friends, you heard me right), yet requires a script? No, not CYP 450 which I don't think could be encapsulated anyway.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I literally just made my account! Lol. I need a little help here. I took two 5mg/apap325mg oxycodone's about an hour and a half ago. (I only had two of them, since my sister gave them to me) Then, about 20 minutes ago I took one benadryl. Now, since my dose is so low...I'm trying to potentiate it as much as I possibly can. I have a bottle of promethazine-DM cough syrup... would it be okay if I took a small dose of that? Or would mixing the three be a bad idea?

Welcome to BL! :)
Usually to potentiate an opiate with an antihistamine you would dose the antihistamine about a half hour (depending on antihistamine) before the opiate.
You might increase sedation with the promethazine, but if the cough syrup has DXM in it, careful on the dosing.. you'll end up with a completely different type of "high".

I answered you in the other thread.
Please try to be patient with your questions, they'll get answered. No need to post multiple times.
Again, Welcome to BL :)

-HOOD

alternative to boost the high

Hey gang I'm after someting to increase opiates higher other than dxm thanx peploe

Promethazine, Benadryl, Unisone all may potentiate your high if you don't dose too high. Benzos are great potentiators as well however dose low. Many people die from mixing opiates with benzos.

Diphenhydramine .. You can send me a private message I have alot of experience with opiate boosters I would tell about them in more detail.