• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

I have been in same situation and really just had to shit a lot. Would have hot flashes too like bupe wd but not nearly as intense. Just wake up all sweaty and wet. So yeah your just feeling wd from the lope since you went straight to that from the bupe you havent fully recovered.

so what if you shoot lope will it get you high then?

If you take enough, of course... but I've never gotten anything resembling desirable effects from it. It just curbed most of my physical withdrawal symptoms. Given the risks of shooting pills alone plus the lack of euphoria, its absolutely not worth it.

this is debated all time and there is no clear science on it.

At normal doses lope does not cross the BBB, however, a small portion still dose. So you take a huge dose, that means a larger portion can cross. Its a very potent opiate, as some reports say stronger than fent.

This is why some people will claim lope will stop withdrawals from other opiates.

There are ways to shoot lope, to bypass the bbb, but from what I've read it involves shooting it into your brain basically, not a good idea.

I would say yes, it is possible. If you took enough so a large amount cross the BBB then certainly it could cause dependance

@CitioKid, Any luck, or are you still on the lope?

I've been fighting with the same thing for almost the past year. From hydrocodone->bupe->lope.

I tapered my lope successfully over the past 90 days or so down to only 16mg daily, which is only 4x2mg AM and 4x2mg PM. Thursday morning was my last, as I'm trying to jump off where I am because I'm just so sick of it.

It's Monday morning now and the worst of it just hit me yesterday (Sunday).

Friday I was fine, Saturday somewhat like ASS, yesterday unbearable and today is pretty much the same.

Can somebody with some experience with half-lives tell me what I'm in for timeline wise from here? My amateur guess would be that tomorrow I'll already be on the decline from my WDs, but if I'm not, I may try and taper down some more.

I tried this for myself today, not really for want of a high, more out of bemused curiosity. I've got a pretty reasonable opiate tolerance, so I wasn't really expecting much of anything. So about 3 hours ago, I took 48 mg of loperamide orally, washed down with ~400 ml Indian tonic water.

There are definitely central effects, but it's weird. I suppose I feel like I'm on an opiate, kind of. Mood lift, nice body feeling and withdrawal symptoms no more. Somethings seem weird though, my body feels very heavy - on all previous opiates and opioids, my body has felt as light as a feather, physical exertion is effortless and my motor coordination is fine (unless I'm nodding my tits off level intoxicated). So why on this do I feel lethargic and clumsy? Even more inexplicableness occurred when I went to check my pupils in the mirror, was expected (based on how I felt) to have some neat constriction going on, wouldn't have been surprised to find no real change from sober size though. What do I see? My pupils dilated to a degree, that only psychedelics can inflict on me! Cannot begin to fathom how, but there you go. Also, it's affecting my thought process somewhat, normally opiates don't really do this (exceptions being tramadol and kratom).

@CitioKid, Any luck, or are you still on the lope?

I've been fighting with the same thing for almost the past year. From hydrocodone->bupe->lope.

I tapered my lope successfully over the past 90 days or so down to only 16mg daily, which is only 4x2mg AM and 4x2mg PM. Thursday morning was my last, as I'm trying to jump off where I am because I'm just so sick of it.

It's Monday morning now and the worst of it just hit me yesterday (Sunday).

Friday I was fine, Saturday somewhat like ASS, yesterday unbearable and today is pretty much the same.

Can somebody with some experience with half-lives tell me what I'm in for timeline wise from here? My amateur guess would be that tomorrow I'll already be on the decline from my WDs, but if I'm not, I may try and taper down some more.

You're experiencing severe withdrawals from a jump off of 16mg? Oh crap. Would you mind comparing them to bupe/hydrocodone wd's?

I've been back on lope for a few weeks. 20mg a day. Can't say I notice the effect at this dose but it seems to alleviate PAWS.

Anyhoo, why are you jumping off at 16mg if you're experiencing the WD's you're having now? Why not continue tapering by 2mg every 2 to 3 days. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way lope could cause WD's at doses under 1mg a day. I say taper down to half a lope pill a day - maybe even less if you want to be sure there will be no wd's upon cessation.

Upon further research on the WD effects of loperamide, I have come to learn it is very similar to bupe. Slow, long and drawn out. But, like with bupe, it is possible to taper to a ridiculously low dose (under .01mg a day for bupe/probably .5mg a day for lope) and not experience any WD's.

I tried this for myself today, not really for want of a high, more out of bemused curiosity. I've got a pretty reasonable opiate tolerance, so I wasn't really expecting much of anything. So about 3 hours ago, I took 48 mg of loperamide orally, washed down with ~400 ml Indian tonic water.

There are definitely central effects, but it's weird. I suppose I feel like I'm on an opiate, kind of. Mood lift, nice body feeling and withdrawal symptoms no more. Somethings seem weird though, my body feels very heavy - on all previous opiates and opioids, my body has felt as light as a feather, physical exertion is effortless and my motor coordination is fine (unless I'm nodding my tits off level intoxicated). So why on this do I feel lethargic and clumsy? Even more inexplicableness occurred when I went to check my pupils in the mirror, was expected (based on how I felt) to have some neat constriction going on, wouldn't have been surprised to find no real change from sober size though. What do I see? My pupils dilated to a degree, that only psychedelics can inflict on me! Cannot begin to fathom how, but there you go. Also, it's affecting my thought process somewhat, normally opiates don't really do this (exceptions being tramadol and kratom).

The pupil dilation may be part of the WDs that the Lope doesn't counteract. I've noticed that too, but only when I was tapering down my dosage rapidly and I was on the very virge of WDing.

On another note, I'm 2 weeks free of the Lope. Mostly over it all now, just some minor PAWS here and there. It wasn't any easier coming off of it than it was Hydrocodone or Bupe(Sub).

I wish I would've just toughed out the Hydrocodone from the beginning, because all I did was drag out the WDs over 2 years since I realized I wanted out.

Hopefully this will help out somebody else out there....

But if you HAVE to detox and HAVE to keep working/parenting while you're doing it, Lope can and will save your a$$ if you let it.

ez,
cash

You're experiencing severe withdrawals from a jump off of 16mg? Oh crap. Would you mind comparing them to bupe/hydrocodone wd's?

I've been back on lope for a few weeks. 20mg a day. Can't say I notice the effect at this dose but it seems to alleviate PAWS.

Anyhoo, why are you jumping off at 16mg if you're experiencing the WD's you're having now? Why not continue tapering by 2mg every 2 to 3 days. I don't care what anyone says, there is no way lope could cause WD's at doses under 1mg a day. I say taper down to half a lope pill a day - maybe even less if you want to be sure there will be no wd's upon cessation.

Upon further research on the WD effects of loperamide, I have come to learn it is very similar to bupe. Slow, long and drawn out. But, like with bupe, it is possible to taper to a ridiculously low dose (under .01mg a day for bupe/probably .5mg a day for lope) and not experience any WD's.

You're absolutely correct. The half-life is about 10.5 hours, wich is triple Hydrocodone, but 1/3 of Bupe. So its pretty much right in the middle. But a lot of the WD process is healing, which depends on how long you've let your CNS deteriorate. aka, how long you've been using.

I think if i hadn't tapered down to 16mg, the detox process would've taken more like a month instead of 6 days, which is ultimately when things started to lighten up.

As far as why I jumped off at 16mg.... the wife..... no other reason. She's been reasonably patient with me through all this, but it was wearing thin. So I expedited the process.....

ez,
cash

This is a pretty interesting thread. I got some Loperamide but no tolerance to Opiates so I do not exactly have the ballz to even try this. Much rather just save up the extra cash and buy some Oxycodone and snort those for a weekend lol.

thomas, in the name of curiosity, i urge you to try the loperamide, if you're dead set on using drugs at all

i'd like to know how an opiate naive person would react to a large (meaning several times more than prescribed, i wouldn't eat 100mg or anything like that, under 60 i'd say) dose

WATCH IT!

Loperamide itself appears to be a neurotoxin when it gets past the BBB.

Studies in newborn pigs, who apparently lack a complete BBB, well, it kills DA receptors causing something akin to parkinsons disease.

On another forum there has been somebody who synthed, and used a fair bit of the propionyl ester, without harm, but loperamide itself, may well prove toxic.

Okay so I'm not a troll and just wanted to update this thread with my own personal experience with high amounts of lope.

I too chased the loperamide dragon for almost a year, I was taking about 192mg daily and my wife found some empty lope bottles so I had to go cold turkey becasue she knows my past history with opiates, about 16 years of chasing opitate highs.

anyway be careful what you wish for becasue I am in full blown (3rd day cold turkey) w/ds from this shit...classic opitate w/d symptoms, not as intense as oxy and stuff but non the less very dirty and crappy, anxiety, depression, restlessness etc.

I suggest if you are getting off to taper, im my case I had to go cold turkey and although I am feeling like crap, taking care of my infant daughter during the day I will never take that shit again, it;s nothing but dirty nasty crap!!!

just woke up on day 6 of my wd from lope. hoping today is a break through day where i get my appetite back, usual good sign of recovery for me anyways. The past 6 days have been pretty damn miserable especially days 2-5 wow! I just willed my ass through as I have many times but for all you who want to know this was brought on my the lope I was doing no other opiates for 8 months. Once I get through this I'm never touching that crap again! I have zero mental cravings for it but the malise, anxiety, depression, havne't eaten any solid food in 6 days, just drinking ensure for nutrition and heading to NA AA meetings!! peace out

To the OP

I stoped using heroin about a month ago, Im still feeling withdrawl symptoms also. One of my boys said he went thru WDs for 45 days once. Everyone is different we just gotta give our bodies time to recouperate and heal from the damage in which weve done to them. Just give it some time it will go away just know your not the only one in that boat =]

Im beggining to wounder if there wasnt methadone mixed in my dope somehow cause its getting annoying.

Sean

Oh yes, I can imagine how loperamide withdrawal is worse than methadone's, dextromoramide's or dipipanone's. Really, there's no comparison. All an average person may get from abusing loperamide is diarrhea and in some rare cases very very weak boneaches, nothing else as it hardly crosses BBB and it also does the job in the gut as a MOR agonist.

Though really if some here have problems with diarrhea that doesn't go away after a few pills, they should really go see a physician because it may something serious. But any leaflet from loperamide product will tell you that so...

To the OP

I stoped using heroin about a month ago, Im still feeling withdrawl symptoms also. One of my boys said he went thru WDs for 45 days once. Everyone is different we just gotta give our bodies time to recouperate and heal from the damage in which weve done to them. Just give it some time it will go away just know your not the only one in that boat =]

Im beggining to wounder if there wasnt methadone mixed in my dope somehow cause its getting annoying.

Sean

hang in there brother everyday is a better day than the last, I hope you fell well soon!

Oh yes, I can imagine how loperamide withdrawal is worse than methadone's, dextromoramide's or dipipanone's. Really, there's no comparison. All an average person may get from abusing loperamide is diarrhea and in some rare cases very very weak boneaches, nothing else as it hardly crosses BBB and it also does the job in the gut as a MOR agonist.

Though really if some here have problems with diarrhea that doesn't go away after a few pills, they should really go see a physician because it may something serious. But any leaflet from loperamide product will tell you that so...

defintely not as intense as other opiate withdrawals but I am here to say it has it's own little hell of a withdrawal, just a nasty, nasty, thing!

Peace

this will prolly be my last post in this thread becasue I just want to forget this experience ever happened to me. As I stated before I have been an opiate chaser for 10+ years and over that time period I have built a nice litter tolerance for them. Anyway, I originally used lope about 8 months ago to help with wd from oxycodone and to my surprise it helped. So I continued reading on sites like Bluelight as well as others to find out as much info as I could about lope, I was telling myself "Could this really be? an otc opioid!"

So as it goes I've read all the info and read up on the chemical structure of lope, I know exactly how it works in your body and that it doesn't cross the BBB but in high doses some does slip by for some people.

So I continued using lope becasue I could sorta feel something happening, it definitely maked my aches and pains and gave me a enlightened mood, made me fall asleep fast at night and stay asleep like any good opiate would. I work retail and I would just ramble and talk my ass off to my customers, my laziness was gone, I could do all the things that other opiates allowed me to do with gusto. You how those opiates make you feel like you can work 12+ work shifts and not give a fuck? well lope did the same for me except there was definitely NO cns effect, it is not! I repeat IT IS NOT! like morphine, diacetylmorphine, oxy, hydro, vic, or whatever it's more of a "dirtier sort of opiate high" but you like any other opiate you develope a tolerance so I upped until I was holding on 192mg daily. I was going out every morning priority to get me so immodium so I could get on with my day like any other normal human being.

This carried on for the better of 8 months and in that time I didn't touch another single type of opiate. I tried to cold turkey the crap a few times prvious because I stopped liking the blured vision, constant dehydration, etc. and would experience severe depression after 24hr cessation. Well I'm pretty schooled in opiates and I know right away, well mother fucker this shit is gonna give the hebee gebees, dopesick, wd, hell, whatever you want to call that insanity that is opiate wd! Not too mention my wife knows I pooping anti diarreah medicine to get high and I have a new daughter, well short story, becasue of my past lying and opiate struggles she told me she was gonna drag me into court and get custody of our daughter and I was finished! So I had to go cold turkey no taper here

The half life is about 10-14 hrs but at my levels it was much longer I didn't really experience unbearable type symptoms of wd until day 3-5. So in my case at 192mg daily for 8+ months it took a good 48-60 hrs until precipiated wd kicked in.

I'm just gonna say it was not as harsh as other opiate wd especially the craving and mental part, I did not crave lope excpet once or twice just because I didn't think I was gonna make through this wd on the bright side of the road. It was definitely more phsyical type symptoms that I experienced (no insane dreams this time) because I couldn't sleep but it DEFINITELY did bring about 3 days of some pretty drastic mental instabilty, that weird taste you get in your mouth, certain smells become putrid and it smells like the pits of hell, crazy thoughts, etc. below is the exact list of what symptoms I experinced from the my lope jpirney. I know some on here it say bullshit, no way, not possible but in MY case all of these symptoms occured to me at some point or another during my cold turkey from this crap.

1) sweating
2) tremors
3) rls
4) tachycardia
5) sneezing
6) runny nose
7) diarreah
8) insomnia
9) dysphoria
10) anxiety
11) depression
12) aches and pains

I know some of you are gonna say "well no shit dude!" your were taking an opiate!! and others will still refuse to believe it, that's just the way of the world.

I really just wanted to write about my experiece going cold turkey from lope and let anybody know who might be reading this right now that if you are using high amounts of lope to hold, carry, wd, or just for recreation. Heed my WARNING LOPE WILL CAUSE PRECIAPTED WD and it's a long, hellish, and drawn out. I suggest you taper your ass off if you want to get off this evil, dirty, nasty, man made drug!

This one is going in about the top 10 of any opiate wd of the 100+ cold turkey's I've been through and this will be the last time this man ever goes through an opiate withdrawal!

don't judge me, have an open mind and take it for what it is, my own experince going cold turkey, just be ready for an long drwan out very unplesant wd

Update! I, of course, relapsed, and ended up taking upwards of 200+mg of lope a day for months. For a few weeks I stopped the lope for two or three days at a time and supplemented with heroin, demerol, tramadol or kratom. But, one interesting effect I've heard others note is that loperamide makes your opiate tolerance ASTRONOMICAL. I took 180mg of hydrocodone all at once (my normal dose at my highest previous tolerance would have been maybe 100mg at a time) and felt nothing! Strangely, however, the kratom and tramadol weren't as affected, and I could take normal doses of those and still get a bit high.

When I decided to go cold turkey on the lope, I just couldn't bring myself to fucking taper. And there was some hell to pay.

Lope withdrawal, off of the massive doses I was taking, was worse than any withdrawal I have ever experienced in my life. The WD's creep in at about the 36 to 48 hour mark and reach a peak on the third to fifth day. RLS from hell, severe dyshoria, runny nose and eyes, complete insomnia.

I imagine it is like a moderate methadone withdrawal.

I found it worse than coming off of bupe at 4mg after 4 years of daily use.

I have tried Loperamide during physical detox from pods and it not only reduced the symptoms but it gave me a.. I could best compare it to hydrocodone.. type high. Malaise, lethargic. Not much euphoria, but its long in duration I felt it into the next day. Didn't significantly impact bowels beyond 48 hours.

I took it without the stuff listed like quinidine. I thought it was the placebo effect at first but after several hours I realized it was the Loper.

I wouldn't advise using it to nod, it's not a decent high, but its great for allieviating WD.