• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Big and Dandy Loperamide Adddiction Thread

I don't buy the precipitated wds thing. Ok well maybe it only happens at super high doses. But I had taken about 16mgs of lope earlier in the day before, then sub right about in the afternoon and never had any sort of PWDs. I've actually done it a ton of times and never felt any type of PWDs.

If lope has the potential to do that that would be very interesting. But I only see it happening at higher doses maybe 50mg + who knows.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned or not, but you shouldn't take the same amount of loperamide two days in a row if you're attempting to taper, since the first days full dose won't completely be out of your system by the same time the next day. If you do, you'll actually be increasing your dose every day.

I cold turkey'd a 6 month long 320mg daily of oxycontin addiction and many other cold turkeys over the years and the lope WD was friggin way worse, lasted upward 2 weeks of nasty WD and 31 days later I am just begining to feel my old self. Worse thing about it was the the first week and the insomnia

Believe me taking Loperamide for an exteneded period of time at high doses, and without a taper, your gonna be in for one Hell of a WD

Last edited:
In my experience, loperamide withdrawals is mostly physical. It is strange. You get the leg pain, you are tired and unmotivated and your mind is still sharp and you can be in a relatively decent mood. People say that opiate withdrawals are like the flu, but loperamide withdrawals are just like the flu: stuffy nose, watery eyes, aches and pains, chills. No emotional depression in my experience, just physical depression. It is not actually difficult to do anything it is just difficult to motivate yourself to do anything. The best thing to do with lope is to find exactly the amount that makes you not sick. No more. I occasionally take enough lope to get a decent body buzz when I am really bored. This is a stupid thing that I do, but I do it. If you just take enough to keep you well, skip a day betwen doses and lower dose by one pill each dose, you will be free and clear in no time.

My god it's been 18 days and I feel way better, but lope withdrawal is horrid. Never, may I suggest to anyone, jump right off of the lope at massive doses. Switch to kratom for a few weeks. My final order of kratom never arrived - even after 21 days - and I may never forgive the mailman. I thought about him while I tossed and turned for days on end.

I finally jumped at - this is embaressing - 250mg a day. Yes m'am, I was taking 125pills each morning. I began waking up feeling so depressed I would just fill a cup with dirty sink water and down the pills (too depressed to walk to the kitchen and get filtered water). I used to pop five at a time. That became too time consuming, so I started taking ten at a time. My throat got better at swallowing the pills with minimal water. Eventually I could take 20 at a time - yet I still had six handfuls to go.

I'm understandably single.

Happy 23rd birthday to me - *blows out whistle*

My god it's been 18 days and I feel way better, but lope withdrawal is horrid. Never, may I suggest to anyone, jump right off of the lope at massive doses. Switch to kratom for a few weeks. My final order of kratom never arrived - even after 21 days - and I may never forgive the mailman. I thought about him while I tossed and turned for days on end.

I finally jumped at - this is embaressing - 250mg a day. Yes m'am, I was taking 125pills each morning. I began waking up feeling so depressed I would just fill a cup with dirty sink water and down the pills (too depressed to walk to the kitchen and get filtered water). I used to pop five at a time. That became too time consuming, so I started taking ten at a time. My throat got better at swallowing the pills with minimal water. Eventually I could take 20 at a time - yet I still had six handfuls to go.

I'm understandably single.

Happy 23rd birthday to me - *blows out whistle*

I know exactly what you are talking about, I am 45 days off a 8 month 190mg a day lope habit and I only started to feel like my old self about 30+ days after I went cold turkey, I had ZERO energy up until than and the insomnia lasted forever but finally feeling much better and sleeping again. The first 2 solid weeks of the cold turkey were Hell, simple as that. I experienced every type of symptom of a normal opiate WD and just as harsh, I didn't eat one single crumb of food for 6 whole days. The only thing I did not experience was a craving for lope after the intial phase of the WD, zero mental cravings, so in that regard I didn't have to fend that aspect off

I guess the one thing about this whole experience was the duration of the WD, it lasted forever, at one point I thought I may never feel normal again. I gotta admit to all you non believers and people not ingesting high amounts of lope like me and CitioKid were, we jumped off at high doses, I am sure at lower doses and for shorter durations the WD wouldn't be quite as intense, managable in the least but I'm telling you at higher doses without a taper the WD is horrid and it is LONG as Hell. I know people will have to find out for themselves and learn the hard way but without a doubt the worst opiate WD I've ever experienced and I'm not a rookie with opiates, been doing them for a long azz time and been through a ton of cold turkeys, this one SUCKED!

I know exactly what you are talking about, I am 45 days off a 8 month 190mg a day lope habit and I only started to feel like my old self about 30+ days after I went cold turkey, I had ZERO energy up until than and the insomnia lasted forever but finally feeling much better and sleeping again. The first 2 solid weeks of the cold turkey were Hell, simple as that. I experienced every type of symptom of a normal opiate WD and just as harsh, I didn't eat one single crumb of food for 6 whole days. The only thing I did not experience was a craving for lope after the intial phase of the WD, zero mental cravings, so in that regard I didn't have to fend that aspect off

I guess the one thing about this whole experience was the duration of the WD, it lasted forever, at one point I thought I may never feel normal again. I gotta admit to all you non believers and people not ingesting high amounts of lope like me and CitioKid were, we jumped off at high doses, I am sure at lower doses and for shorter durations the WD wouldn't be quite as intense, managable in the least but I'm telling you at higher doses without a taper the WD is horrid and it is LONG as Hell. I know people will have to find out for themselves and learn the hard way but without a doubt the worst opiate WD I've ever experienced and I'm not a rookie with opiates, been doing them for a long azz time and been through a ton of cold turkeys, this one SUCKED!

Agree 100%

I embarassingly have a lope habit as well. I use it on days I cannot cop or don't have enough money to cop. It helps me through without withdrawl and I have noticed that I really do feel buzzed when I take it. I have had days when I didn't take it and I noticed that the feeling was very similar to withdrawl from opiates.

So to you non-believers take it from me, I have been IV'ing heroin for over 10 years now and I know the difference between being 'high' and placebo. Loperamide does cause a quasi-high, and when you stop taking it at high doses it does in fact cause withdrawl.

Kev70 I'm glad we stopped chasing the immodium dragon together as I felt like quite a fool. Sucks having a date in my car ask "why do you have twelve industrial size bottles of diarrea medicine in your glove compartment...?"

And yeah, for me the worst part of lope withdrawal (beyond the first week) was the unbelievable exhaustion. Even lying down I felt exhausted, like I wasn't quite flat enough on the bed to feel comfortable. It was like this feeling of terrible lethargy was constantly buzzing through my bones, making me dread even walking to the bathroom to piss. Insomnia sucked too.

Glad to hear you're at day 45! I'm a little bit more than halfway behind you.

Sounds like you're doing real good and not looking for any chemical crutches, but I've found low doses of dxm (sub-tripping levels) every few days to be quite helpful with energy.

Wow, I can't believe these threads about loperamide. I ALWAYS had tons while I was a junkie because I suffered from IBS or possibly NBS (narcotic bowel syndrome). Anyway I quit opiates 2 years ago and am on an insanely low dose of Suboxone. I had been taking 2-4 loperamide 2mg tablets each day while I was addicted and after I quit simply to prevent having the shits. After I got clean the shits slowly went away and I found that I didn't really need to take the loperamide anymore so I started decreasing the dose. Anyway I also noticed that 6mg + 25mg diphenhydramine worked great as an OTC non-herbal sleep aid.

Anyhow fast forward to today... I had been taking 2mg loperamide each night with 25mg diphenhydramine for insomnia for the past 3 months since starting Prozac (which caused the insomnia). Then I stopped the loperamide and diphenhydramine all together once the initial Prozac insomnia went away. Now I am 2 weeks with no loperamide and have felt very tired and have the classic restless, agitated feeling in my body after 10pm up until I fall asleep (if I ever do).

Do you think low dose (2-8mg) daily loperamide use for 4+ years could result in me having W/D symptoms or PAWS for 2+ weeks? By the last 5-6 months I was only taking 2mg a day with the occasional 4mg days.

Symptoms I noticed since stopping loperamide:

-Not feeling refreshed when waking up
-Lack of energy (uncharacteristic of me)
-Horrible insomnia, restlessness, RLS, severe agitation and desire to squirm
-Depression increased
-Yawning during the AM increased
-Runny nose in AM

I didn't think these symptoms had anything to do with me stopping loperamide seeing as i was only taking 1 tablet a day...but after reading about lope W/D on here and thinking to myself night after night of horrible insomnia "this feels exactly like opiate withdrawal (physically at least)" maybe i feel so horrible because i quit a long minor lope habit (non-recreational)....

and just as a FYI I never used loperamide to get high as I thought that was ridiculous but reading these threads maybe i should have.... or at least used 20-50mg when I was DYING from fucking heroin withdrawal...ugh if I had only known back then what I do today....:p

Should i continue to stay off lope or should I take 1mg every other day to make the insomnia/fatigue go away?

Wow, I can't believe these threads about loperamide. I ALWAYS had tons while I was a junkie because I suffered from IBS or possibly NBS (narcotic bowel syndrome). Anyway I quit opiates 2 years ago and am on an insanely low dose of Suboxone. I had been taking 2-4 loperamide 2mg tablets each day while I was addicted and after I quit simply to prevent having the shits. After I got clean the shits slowly went away and I found that I didn't really need to take the loperamide anymore so I started decreasing the dose. Anyway I also noticed that 6mg + 25mg diphenhydramine worked great as an OTC non-herbal sleep aid.

Anyhow fast forward to today... I had been taking 2mg loperamide each night with 25mg diphenhydramine for insomnia for the past 3 months since starting Prozac (which caused the insomnia). Then I stopped the loperamide and diphenhydramine all together once the initial Prozac insomnia went away. Now I am 2 weeks with no loperamide and have felt very tired and have the classic restless, agitated feeling in my body after 10pm up until I fall asleep (if I ever do).

Do you think low dose (2-8mg) daily loperamide use for 4+ years could result in me having W/D symptoms or PAWS for 2+ weeks? By the last 5-6 months I was only taking 2mg a day with the occasional 4mg days.

Symptoms I noticed since stopping loperamide:

-Not feeling refreshed when waking up
-Lack of energy (uncharacteristic of me)
-Horrible insomnia, restlessness, RLS, severe agitation and desire to squirm
-Depression increased
-Yawning during the AM increased
-Runny nose in AM

I didn't think these symptoms had anything to do with me stopping loperamide seeing as i was only taking 1 tablet a day...but after reading about lope W/D on here and thinking to myself night after night of horrible insomnia "this feels exactly like opiate withdrawal (physically at least)" maybe i feel so horrible because i quit a long minor lope habit (non-recreational)....

and just as a FYI I never used loperamide to get high as I thought that was ridiculous but reading these threads maybe i should have.... or at least used 20-50mg when I was DYING from fucking heroin withdrawal...ugh if I had only known back then what I do today....:p

Should i continue to stay off lope or should I take 1mg every other day to make the insomnia/fatigue go away?

I think lope is a lot like suboxone or methadone. If you're on it for a long time, even getting off at microscopic doses (and 2mg a night is a very very very small dose) can result in some WD.

Why not simply take a 2mg pill and see if the feeling goes away? If so, clearly you're in lope withdrawal. And if that's the case, maybe take 2mg every other day for a week, then 1mg every other day, then .5mg, and then stop. If you're not getting high, tapering should be easy as balls.

I think lope is a lot like suboxone or methadone. If you're on it for a long time, even getting off at microscopic doses (and 2mg a night is a very very very small dose) can result in some WD.

Why not simply take a 2mg pill and see if the feeling goes away? If so, clearly you're in lope withdrawal. And if that's the case, maybe take 2mg every other day for a week, then 1mg every other day, then .5mg, and then stop. If you're not getting high, tapering should be easy as balls.

Easy as balls, you say? Ok I'll do it!

I only used lope to get high with DXM. I never had any withdrawals more severe than a runny nose and general lethargy, but then again I sorta watched my intake with that stuff because of some disturbing references and links to Parkinson's. However, the little DXM/lope combo was by far the best otc I ever found. In broad strokes, it was the benefits without the withdrawals, but again, that's partly because I never extended it out daily for months on end.

In fact, that combo has its own stop-loss barrier built in, because the DXM response curve gradually goes up instead of down, and the trips get pretty intense even on small doses, so the lope goes, then the DXM tolerance reappears, then it does next to nothing, so I just stopped doing it one day and felt kinda tired for a week and that was it.

Kev70 I'm glad we stopped chasing the immodium dragon together as I felt like quite a fool. Sucks having a date in my car ask "why do you have twelve industrial size bottles of diarrea medicine in your glove compartment...?"

And yeah, for me the worst part of lope withdrawal (beyond the first week) was the unbelievable exhaustion. Even lying down I felt exhausted, like I wasn't quite flat enough on the bed to feel comfortable. It was like this feeling of terrible lethargy was constantly buzzing through my bones, making me dread even walking to the bathroom to piss. Insomnia sucked too.

Glad to hear you're at day 45! I'm a little bit more than halfway behind you.

Sounds like you're doing real good and not looking for any chemical crutches, but I've found low doses of dxm (sub-tripping levels) every few days to be quite helpful with energy.

yeah man, I gotta say that was definitely one of the worst drug experiences I've gone through in 25 years of using and abusing, from bad trips, hangovers, and cold turkeys from opiates. It sucks seeing the checkout lady in the drugstore on a daily basis and getting that look because your buying up tons of immodium and hiding it from your wife is even harder.

I chose not to use and chemical crutch in my case because the wifey was right on top of me and I couldn't lol

Also, glad to hear your doing/feeling better, I guess more and more people will start to understand jumping off lope at high daily doses is a big no no.

For all the people convinced that lope won't cause anything more than physical withdrawal
1) your either taking low doses and not using for long periods
2) you've tapered and didn't jump off from a high dose

hang in there Citio and hope you stay the course..I am about 60 days sober and I gotta say this is the best I've felt in a very long time, just glad that's all behind me now

Peace

Agree 100%

I embarassingly have a lope habit as well. I use it on days I cannot cop or don't have enough money to cop. It helps me through without withdrawl and I have noticed that I really do feel buzzed when I take it. I have had days when I didn't take it and I noticed that the feeling was very similar to withdrawl from opiates.

So to you non-believers take it from me, I have been IV'ing heroin for over 10 years now and I know the difference between being 'high' and placebo. Loperamide does cause a quasi-high, and when you stop taking it at high doses it does in fact cause withdrawl.

I think more and more people will come out about the WD caused by lope and it will be a known fact that it is similar to a bupe withdrawal as far as duration and symptoms, maybe not as intense but very bad and long to say the least.

i take loperamide (in dose range of 80-120mg daily) for about 2 months by now. please tell me how long it will take to detox completely? and should i taper it off in my case?
thank you very much guys.

Last edited:
i take loperamide (in dose range of 80-120mg daily) for about 2 months by now. please tell me how long it will take to detox completely? and should i taper it off in my case?
thank you very much guys.

Can't really tell ya how long it will take, everyone is different. Best advice for you is to just start tapering. Taking less and less is a good way to not have to go through withdrawl, and then eventually when you get down to an extremely small dose just stop. That should do the trick for ya, and welcome to Bluelight =D

^thank you. I'm going to start my detox today by taking 2mg less than usual.

Loperamide does not cross the brood brain barrier in something like 99.5% of the entire population done in all studies. Seriously dude, I doubt that your withdrawals are from loperamide. Maybe the sickness you are feeling is from not being able to take a shit for months since you have such much lope acting on your digestive tract. Not shitting is not good, as it can cause toxins to build up in your body which can make you sick, and, im sure produce some similar symptoms to opiate withdrawal.

Like I said, loperamide does not cross the BBB

Regardless of its ability to cross the blood brain barrier, loperamide can cause full on opiate withdrawals. Since it's a full agonist, it still acts on mu receptors in your body. Loperamide can and will cause withdrawals if you start using it every day in high doses.