• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

do you ever use weed to help you sleep?

Every night, dude.

I take Unisom almost religiously every night as well.

Not doing so results in sleepless, restless, sweaty and agitated nights. :\

I can't fall asleep stoned. :( I've tried taking naps stoned and I just stay awake and it's like meditation.

Coming down from being stoned and drinking a beer can help me fall asleep though.

I've heard that THC fucks with your sleep cycle and ability to get REM sleep is there any truth to this?

I remember eating some pot on cheese and crackers, too much herb.

I got so stoned that I passed out and when I woke up I had to force myself to stay awake since I was tripping on the THC and at the time I thought that if I stayed awake the THC wouldn't metabolize or get out of my body since I had to drive the next day.

I was fine the next day.

It's got to a point where I cant sleep unless I do smoke before.

I generally only sleep on the comedown. I like to be some sort of high before sleep, be it cannabis, jwh, opiates, or even any OTC sleep aid.

It's become my routine, when I get home from work/out and about i'll hit a few bowls watch some tv or play some xbox and sleep...no bud and tis a sleepless night,

I use to smoke tons of weed at least an ounce a week and would smoke before I did anything outings, work, shopping, cleaning etc. I quit for a few years and unfortunately turned to harder stuff. Now that I am clean off the other shit I thought I would try smoking weed again as I was always very productive when I smoked weed. Now I get so high and am really tired within half hour of smoking. So I now occasionally smoke when I want to go to sleep. I find that another really good thing to help with those sleepless nights is. MELATONIN it is a natural sleep aid and can be bought at most health stores. It really works well and I have tried both over the counter and prescribed sleep aids but love my Melatonin and weed now.

Mee 2. I dont smoke during the day,but if i want to sleep i must smoke weed if i dont there will be no sleep at all,i am nervous as devil and only think about it.
I dont know what will i do with this problem. I am going like this for 10years and lately i dont have so much money to afford it every night.
I sleep 3days(when i got weed) and not sleep 4 nights.
I also have zolpidem from time to time but that shit doesent help me at all.

1.Can anybody please help me with advice?
2.And how much is the maximum ZOLPIDEM dosage you have taken?

Thank you guys and ladies.Thank you BLUELIGHT for the Marijuana pictures,so every night when i dont have weed i just see pictures and hoping one day i will smoke that brand hybrid stuff like `silver haze`,white widow,purple haze and all that stuff.I guess best for me is to move in Netherlands.

3.Can you guys suggest me a good place for living and working where they got all that superweeds and liberal atmosphere.
Please wrote me on skype or msn, i want to meet good people around the world and find the best place for me. I know i dont belong here.
Shitty City of Skopje (Macedonia,Southern Europe)

Have a lucky day all of you !!!!

Yeh, swim has before with the comical paradox of intending to rest in bed and sleep....but instead giggling at the carpet's texture....Derp

I've heard that THC fucks with your sleep cycle and ability to get REM sleep is there any truth to this?

I'm using gd exclusively these days for it's offering many to count benefits. One of which is that I have a dreams (which is not the case when smoking, vaping or eating). Dreams are vivid and often epiphanic in nature (help me solve many problems the life trows in front of me), always pleasant and very enjoyable.

I do it all the time, remember it can be difficult falling asleep not stoned after while..

I feel much more of a temptation to go to sleep drunk. With weed, I just sleep like normal so I usually like to try and enjoy my high and just go to sleep after I've come down. With alcohol, I sleep amazing and wake up feeling great the next day. However, I feel like drinking just to fall asleep will lead to alcoholism so I don't do that, just enjoy the nights that I get home still drunk

ya since i started smoking i rarely fall asleep without blazing. i even wake up in half a daze middle of the night and spark a bowl just to pass out immediately after. i usually smoke up pretty fat about 20-30 mins before bed so by the time im crawling into the sheets im already gone.

I guess within my habits of smoking regularly (especially in the evenings), it does work as a sleep aid for me, and when I have had insomnia, I have been able to ditch my benzo hypnotics when weed was available. Also, if I've been smoking for extensive periods of time, when I stop, I might have trouble falling asleep for a few nights.

However, I rarely take a hit and then go to sleep - I find that it's a waste of a high, and it also only really works with heavy indica smoke, or if you're drunk/really baked already/really tired. I usually smoke, and then around 1 hour to 1 and a half, I hit the hay.

yes weed or hash whatever i have.
cant get to sleep if i run out, its horrible,