• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

do you ever use weed to help you sleep?

I know its time for a tolerance break when weed doesnt put me to sleep anymore. Ive been staying up later and later, and I woke up at 2 in the morning to piss and a bowl of weed couldnt pass out. Even shake which makes me groggy usually. So now Im just burnt the fuck out.

I scraped my pipe and mixed it with the rest of my shake to last for today, then its tolerance time. Tomorrow I wake up to a week or two of sobriety, perhaps increased booze intake for sleep aid. When I come back to mary jane, half a hit will be enough to lay me out at night. And it wont take me a whole bowl to blast off during the day like it has been lately.

Tolerance breaks are awesome.

I actually NEED it to sleep.

Otherwise I get nightmares and wake up in coldsweats which I attribute to a combo of rebound anxiety and insomnia and withdrawal.

If I could go back in time I would never smoke more than once a week but I can't so I try and slowly reduce my intake.

a strong indica is what you need and that should put you to sleep nice. sativa could make you too stimulated to sleep.

I usually smoke some dank buds throughout the evening/night and when I'm done, I'm sleepy as f***. When I don't toke I end up sitting up for 5-6 more hours to become sleepy.
I can't smoke right before bed unless I'm drunk though, I have to wait till the trippy effects fade and the after effects kick in. Munchies, sleepiness.

Difference in sativa and indica definetly. Sativa seems more potent to me and makes it impossible to sleep for about 1 hour
With indicas I get instantly stoned and ALOT more chilled out as opposed to the mind game a strong sativa can be lol

When I first started smoking I would be kept up all night until I was basically sober again, think like 6-8 hours. Now a days I can smoke and sleep an hour or so later, crash nice and hard. Sometimes I'll smoke until I just want to pass out. I'm ashamed it's become an almost everyday habit but it's day 3 without it :). I'm sick ATM so its not the best time to gauge sleep. I find falling asleep without is more difficult now and did last time I quit. I feel wide awake unless I've been up for a very long time. There has been times where I'd smoke right before a nap just for assistance. So for me it used to be completely shit for sleep and now I enjoy it quite a bit.

i smoke all day and if i dont, i get little sleep, also i take temazepam but w\o the herb there is little sleep even with 30 mg of temazepam also my daily 110mgs of methadone early in the am.

Yes also to wake up, masturbate, to not-masturbate, see a movie, hang out with friends, to avoid feeling lonely, to take a slightly less boring shit, to get ready for work, to relax after work, to make my alcohol taste better, to help me drink less, to help me drink more, to boost the effect of my other meds, to relieve side-effects of my other meds, to make mundane tasks more interesting, to make interesting tasks even more interesting, to help me remember where my wallet is, to help me forget where I put the bills, to concentrate better, to space out I'm gonna have to stop my self there this sentence is starting to get long.

I've never in my life done a drug that can affect me in so many different and seemingly contradicting ways.

Not to sleep but just to relax during the evening, and then fall asleep hours later when I'd came down after smoking a nice Indica.

I didn't do this every single night just a few times a month on the weekend, and I would find myself getting more satisfying sleep when I wouldn't smoke.

no, for some reason I just get lazy but I can never sleep straight after a smoke.

Used to have quite bad insomnia, and depending on the strain weed would help. Nowadays it has to be a pretty strong, late-harvested indica for it to actually put me to sleep. I find a couple of beers has a much stronger effect in that regard.

Weed keeps me awake if anything It relaxes me obviously but I cant go sleep when im high even when im coming down

Yep it was the reason that I started smoking to begin with. Although even with weed I still have to take some sort of a sleeping pill.

i smoke all day and if i dont, i get little sleep, also i take temazepam but w\o the herb there is little sleep even with 30 mg of temazepam also my daily 110mgs of methadone early in the am.

Temazepam + herb FTW! I used to take 30mg but since being on Lyrica I've been able to split my capsules and get a similar if not better effect..plus I'm doubling my script as an added bonus. =D