• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

Do you pay attention to your dreams?

Last night I had 2 dreams... dreaming is not something that's happened to me for a long time, I presume due to opiate addiction and the fact that I only take enough to keep withdrawals away, rather than really get high, so my mind is always in a pretty dull state.

Anyhow,

the first was a dream where I hooked up with a 13 year old girl . It didn't occur to me that she was young, heck it was a dream and somebody wanted some action... she looked older. It was only afterwards that I wondered.. Anyway this doesnt bother me, one way or the other, but it was the first dream I'd had in a long long time so thought I'd mention it. I was also happy during this dream. something which I'm not very much so in real life.

The second was a 'perfect life' dream. I had a partner, a house, a job, there were no lies in my life, or drugs, I was in a brand new city... I was happy. and when I woke up from this dream I felt that sense of terrible loss that you feel when you have a dream like this.. like look how far I am from ever achieving that, i loved her so much and she doesnt even exist, etc etc. I've always said how much I would hate to live such a dull life, work, buy a house, folliow the pre-cut path.. But then experiencing it in a dream, was it just because it was idealistic? Im not sure that it was - nothing out of the ordinary was happening in the dream, i wasnt rich, didnt have some crazy awesome job, or a way outta my league partner.. it was just.. nice.

Now.. none of that was 'real', but you feel real emotions about it.. you try desperately to go back to sleep to get back to that place... Do you take dreams as a sign that your mind is trying to tell you something? Do you value what happens in your dreams more than how you feel when you're consciously thinking?

Was this lucid dreaming?

I was wondering what this might of been?

Last night i went to sleep late around 3:00am, the previous night i had been out drinking and for most of yesterday i was a bit hungover, almost immediately as i closed my eyes i was able to see in extremely vivid detail a collection of various faces, people's faces i had never seen before.. this slowly evolved into these people having conversations with each other and myself..

I can't stress the level of detail enough, it didn't feel like i was pulling any of this information from memory.. it was almost like watching a movie behind my eyes. These people had distinct personalities, facial expressions, mannerisms.. for a moment i thought i might of been lucid dreaming, perhaps i was.. it started out with one face morphing into multiples faces, then an environment forming.. and eventually i was inside a dining hall drinking champagne with two people, completely aware that this was not real.. but at the same time amazed at the level of detail.

It ended with one of the two people saying something to me like 'why are you here?' and walking away, while the other apologized and tried to welcome me.

This has happened in the past, usually when i've been sleep deprived or over-stimulated.. but never to this degree..

Pretty cool experience. How did your body feel during this time? The first impression I get that I am about to enter a controllable dream is as I am falling asleep my legs will get tingly.

Also it seems like you can wake up at any time during the dream. Melatonin oddly enough gives this to me

something similar happened to me the first times I meditated, I would site there and within like 5 minutes I was imagining (against my will) people I onow having conversations with eachother, various random scenes etc. when I was done meditating I could recollect very little of these scenes.
now I don't get them as I'm way.more focused during my practice but I've always wondered why

Pretty cool experience. How did your body feel during this time? The first impression I get that I am about to enter a controllable dream is as I am falling asleep my legs will get tingly.

Also it seems like you can wake up at any time during the dream. Melatonin oddly enough gives this to me

I wanted to come back to this thread..

I had another experience last night after a long stint of been sleep deprived, this time i was definitely lucid dreaming.. i work at a hostel, and before going to sleep i had a long conversation with this nice Russian girl.. we were casually flirting and the conversation was very mentally stimulating; i went to sleep on a natural high of feeling good.

Probably because i was chatting to her, my dream developed into a dream about my ex-girlfriend.. and at the point where i was kissing her in the dream i became lucid, i could feel the texture of her tongue, her lips and all the emotions associated with the sensation of kissing; it was so unbelievably real that i shocked myself into waking up out of lucidity.. which was SUCH a disappointment because if kissing feels that real while lucid dreaming, i can only imagine how the sex would be.

I was able to induce it again, this time i put my hand out in the dream.. and i felt someone grab my hand and try pull me into a room.. but again i lost concentration.

Im now extremely curious about lucid dreaming as an avenue for experiencing sexual fantasy's.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. Before him, I was with my ex for 4 years. My ex, treated me terribly. And so, I reconnected with my current bf as a friend just to see how things would go. (We were friends a few years back) And it ended up being great! So we started dating. And I love him so much! We have alot in common.

Okay. But the thing is, is that I keep having these dreams about my ex. As if we are still going out. But I know that it's the wrong choice. You know? (In real life AND in my dream) And so, in my dream, I'm not happy about it at all. I keep thinking about my bf and how I'm just hurting him by being with my "ex". And then I end up being grossed out by being with him. And try and find my bf ASAP!

Remember this is all just a dream. Lol. I would NEVER get back with my ex. Especially since I found such a great guy! I would'nt ruin my chances with him for anything! I'm just kind of wondering what this dream means. It confuses me! And pisses me off that I keep dreaming about my ex!!! I want it to stop :! Lol.

:)

I still have these exact dreams 4 years after splitting with my ex (she treated me terribly also). A year after we split, I met my girlfriend who is pretty much perfect, I love her very much. I used to have them often, these days it's very rare. But it's always just that in that dream reality, I had gotten back with my ex recently, despite the whole history between us still being there. And for some reason I feel happy about it, but like, kind of horrified too. And then there will be a moment where I think of my girlfriend, and I feel absolutely horrible, this feeling that I've fucked up, and that I'm stuck. It's really shitty. Then I wake up and I'm like, YES, IT WAS A DREAM!! The sense of relief almost makes the whole dream worth it. :)

I realize I'm like 6 years too late making this reply. Actually when you posted it, I was still with my ex.

Last night ( the night before tonight) I had a dream about my ex mother in law and her hostility towards Shambles and myself.

I just woke up in a cold sweat about a dream where upon getting ready for bed and being told what a great Christmas eve it'd been. I freaked out. Meaning tomorrow is Christmas and I've not gotten anyone a single thing! Then realising I'd missed Shambles birthday and now Christmas.

I hate this pressure, I'm obviously stressed and I didn't know. My mind seems to be playing out some subconscious stresses.

I've been having a lot of what I call night terrors (I'm not sure what they are really called or what that term really means fyi)...

It happens as I'm falling asleep. I'll start to feel like there is some ominous thread in my room, normally just behind where my head is. I'll try to shift my position or turn my head to investigate but it's like I'm paralyzed and can't move.

Thankfully I see to be able to pull myself out of it. It seems to happen when I'm in a place between wakeful consciousness and actually sleeping. When I pull myself out of it it's like I'm waking up a little.

Then I'll try and go back to sleep, but often it happens again. And I have to keep pulling myself out of it over and over until I fall asleep. I have no long it takes, but it feels like an eternity. It's probably just a few minutes at most though.

Clonidine really helps, and this only really happens when I go to sleep sober or take trazadone, propranolol and melatonin. Rarely happens when I don't take trazadone.

Sounds like you're describing sleep paralysis. Often people describe an ominous feeling, a feeling of someone beside them or on top of them. I've had sleep paralysis but I've never experienced the ominous presence, just a really intense rushing sensation/sound. I've only ever had sleep paralysis when experiencing serotonin depletion from MDMA or AMT abuse. Trazodone is serotonin antagonist which means it's lowering the amount of serotonin in your synapses so it makes sense to me that it would cause sleep paralysis, based on my experience anyway.