• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

penis envy mushrooms

I thought mushrooms were 90% water, so 22 wet grams should be like 2.2 dry grams.

You are correct. If someone dries 22g mushrooms and ends up with 6-7 g dried, they aren't dried.

My homegrown range from 8-14% dry weight, and I'd say the lower %'s are more accurate.

Tom

About 10% dry weight is normal. With 14% I doubt you use desiccant (drying agent), or another method superior to airdrying? (I air dry first, then use desiccant, otherwise it is a waste of desiccant).

And yeah PE is more potent than other strains, about 2 times on average from what I read. AFAIK it is the only Cubensis strain that is more potent on average compared to the general Cubensis average.
I don't know about PE6 though, which is a hybrid of Texan x PE and has normal / larger caps that do spread / fold out.

if a dude started talking about penis mushrooms i'd get weirded out. one time this dude pulled out a penis shaped pipe and i was like "fuck that i ain't hittin that i'm outta here."

Best beavis n butthead....uhhh....ahhhh dude said penis. Had these b4 they r wunderful just taste like crap.

if a dude started talking about penis mushrooms i'd get weirded out. one time this dude pulled out a penis shaped pipe and i was like "fuck that i ain't hittin that i'm outta here."

Hahaha, i can just picture that .. qaulity story man .. lmao ..

The only thing cool about PE shrooms is that they look like a big schlong.
Hilarious, but otherwise the same as standard cubes

To all of you saying these are not stronger: you are wrong. PE's are certianly stronger.... to me, around .3g is similar to around .7 or maybe even 1g of cubensis. As in I have threshold visual activity at .3g. I have extensive experiance with PE's and cubensis and PE's are certainly much stronger. Threshold effects at 0.1g.

^Still much better off finding a different species if you're looking for higher potency though

Penis Envy mushrooms are a cultivated species and do not grow well in the wild (I've heard of 2 successful patches being introduced.

As said, cubes are cubes, but some varieties have higher alkaloid contents than others. Not enough of a difference for 1g to = 1/8th of another variety though.

There are 2 varieties of Penis Envy's. The albino ones have been said to be more potent by weight (when a dose of mushrooms is powdered and standardized).

Normal:
NSFW:
penis4.jpg

Albino:
NSFW:
AlbinoPEClone2.jpg

My boyfriend and I halved an 1/8 of the PE ._. It was my second time doing shrooms! I had a bad trip for like half an hour. My first time were gold caps but that was all shits and giggles and it crept up on me... With the PE it basically just hit me like THAT! I know I only have a little experience compared to others! But in just letting you know that it hit my boyfriend and I really strong/fast

I grew the PE for a bit, and they were a bit stronger than the other cubes. Tended to have a high visual to body trip, I liked 'em. Still got nothing on wild P. Cyan the shroom of the land of my youth. If I was king I'd say 3g of my PE = 3.5-4G of my normal cubes, and they look like dicks, dicks are funny.

They are just another strain of cubensis - no stronger than any other. The only reason some people think they are stronger is because someone has told them "These are stronger dude" and your imagination does the rest.

It's called a marketing trick - it's difficult to keep selling the same thing over and over so what you do is offer up "new improved cubes". Penis envy - "10 times stronger than your normal washing powder".

They are just another strain of cubensis - no stronger than any other. The only reason some people think they are stronger is because someone has told them "These are stronger dude" and your imagination does the rest

Uh, no. People have put the time and effort into controlled experiments with these and can confirm that, when dried and powdered, Penis Envy mushrooms are more potent by weight than other Cubensis mushrooms.

^^

Do you have any data for these "controlled experiments"?

It's a cubensis - unless you were performing gene therapy on them in order to somehow increase the psilocybin content then penis envy will be as strong as any other cubensis - that's a fundamental law of nature. It's like saying you've just bred a strain of human being who can jump twice as high as any other human being. Nature simply doesn't work like that. There is a genetic code contained within the DNA of every cubensis mushroom that defines how much psilocybin it produces.

Last edited:
god damn dudes here tellin a bro to take 5gs for his first mushroom trip? LOL

I realize this is an old thread but I just cannot believe.

Dude has NO idea what to expect.. yeah 1g probably nothing really, but to just jump to 5g.. lol. 1/8 is plenty enough for a nice trip

^^

Do you have any data for these "controlled experiments"?

It's a cubensis - unless you were performing gene therapy on them in order to somehow increase the psilocybin content then penis envy will be as strong as any other cubensis - that's a fundamental law of nature. It's like saying you've just bred a strain of human being who can jump twice as high as any other human being. Nature simply doesn't work like that. There is a genetic code contained within the DNA of every cubensis mushroom that defines how much psilocybin it produces.

No, you are very wrong on a couple of things, firstly, your analogy is completely off, comparing psilo content to jumping ability doesn't work. Comparing it with, say, testosterone levels in humans would work and, as you know, regardless of the fact we're all humans, this would vary based on a number of things that start while we're in the womb and continue all through our lives.

I don't have the data on hand, but it'd be just as easy for you to google it yourself and find them. It's on both Shroomery and Mycotopia.

Psilo content changes from flush to flush, dependent on weather, humidity (and possibly nutrient content, but I don't think there's been any study into that) there is no set level of psilo that all cubes have.

No, you are very wrong on a couple of things, firstly, your analogy is completely off, comparing psilo content to jumping ability doesn't work.

No, you misunderstand. They're both physical aspects of the organism related to the genetic code within it's DNA. Human beings all look pretty much the same right? Have you ever seen one twelve feet tall? Then why would you get cubensis with twice as much psilocybin?

If someone told you "I've bred a strain of human being 12 feet tall" what would you think? Apply the same reasoning to a mushroom.

testosterone levels in humans would work and, as you know, regardless of the fact we're all humans, this would vary based on a number of things

No, testosterone levels will be very, very similar in most human beings unless one is suffering disease or ageing.

Psilo content changes from flush to flush

That's not the argument tho is it - you're claiming that penis envy cubensis always have much more psilocybin than any other cubensis - that simply defys the law of nature.

Last edited:
Psilo is not a physical aspect.

-Shroomery said:
The Truth About Different Types of Cubes:
Most cubes look alike.
All cubes grow in the same conditions.
The differences between cube races, varieties or 'Strains' are, more often than not, minute.
Some races are known for fast colonization, or large fruits... even high potency.
Your results will most likely vary.

The Truth About Cube Potency:

[...] A few cube races and varieties are reported as being more potent than others... but there is no scientific evidence to strengthen the potency argument. Everybody wants the answer to this question... but all we have is opinion. Most people agree there are differences in potency from one type of cubensis to another... but they seldom agree on which cube is the most (or least) potent.

Shroomery said:
Penis Envy (a.k.a. PE)
Penis Envy is a unique and classic cube. You should see good results with multispore, since PE is well domesticated.

The Shroomery's own RogerRabbit is fond of saying, "Cubes are cubes, with the exception of PE." This statement is rather profound considering its source. Attempting to get RogerRabbit to admit the differences between any cube 'Strains' is usually a lost cause.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10560039

RogerRabbit is credited with the successful cultivation of the PE#6 strain and holds quite a bit of credibility in the Myco world. There are no scientific studies, or analysis, into the alkaloid content %'s

I'm too tired to go digging for the actually experiments done. You can do your own research.

Psilo is not a physical aspect.

The psiloycbin content is down to the instruction contained within the organisms DNA. That's why azurecens have a higher psilocybin content than cubensis - because it contains a different genetic code in it's DNA.

Cubensis all have exactly the same genetic code within their DNA. Without getting into gene manipulation there's no way round that.