EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

Just got back from an amazing festival in Mexico under the mountains and overlooking Lake Chapala.

The Guate scene is quite small so the only vaguely-known name was Cosmogonia. But the Mexican party was ridiculous: Oksidaksi, Kashyyk, Insector, Audiopathik, Parandroid, Glosolalia, Will O Wisp, Frantic Noise, Virtuanoise, Bombax, etc., etc.

most of the time I find psytrance to be pretty generic and mediocre, but there are always exceptions:

can anyone suggest me artist similar to this? :)

Bagseed, I would classify that as goa trance. For some suggestions check out Goasia, Afgin and Filteria. :)

There's a goa trance thread around here somewhere

Minimal madness sounds great. From my travels Goa trance, even Psy has such a bad name. Wannbe hippies who have more money than sense, trying to layer as much BS possible to stick between 11 and 20,000 Hz.
CV-midi adapters all over the shop and really exorbitantly expensive modulator synths that have no place in the wrong hands.
Just buy Reason and learn the in's and out's of these monsters before trying to tame them for real.

Last edited:
I'm new to this thread. Not a psy-trance producer but a big fan of good psychedelic trance. In fact I love it! A lot of my friends are producers on the London underground scene, used to put on squat parties in UK. Actually listening to Bloodlines by Big Scary Monsters now. Loving it! Two favourite labels at the moment are Bom Shanka and Wild Things. My friend Alex E.V.P is one of the best producers out there I reckon (although maybe a bit biased :) ) Although this kind of music is really quite full on and dark, I find it still has a sense of humour and is really cheeky which I love. And really psychedelic and complex. But also getting into minimal artists like Sensient, Evil Oil Man and Dirty Hippy. I have never dressed like a hippy, but have always found great people in amongst the arrogant ones and the wannabe hippies etc. I find in Goa these days the flyers say 10pm so all the tourists go home, leaving the real heads to party properly until the sun comes up. at least that was my experience this year. Will hopefully get to see again this year.

Last edited:
Turkeyphant,
I must say your video from the Ozora festival was pretty slick. Sound was good, video was clear.
The choons really made it though. Stripped down, bare-bones; music for musics sake, not to big up the composer ; just to make it sound HUGE with minimal layers so the volume can be pushed through the roof.
Like my music teacher used to say 'keep it simple stupid'
Nice one thanks

Perfect Stranger really hits the mark also, understated, minimal. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but consistent quality. Its the kind of music to play inbetween the total head***k material, Just so people can have a chat with their mates, grab a cuppa or whatever.
Should be in every DJ's Arsenal.

Yes yes he has! That album came out in 2005, dunno if he did anything before that...

Segment - Protogeometric Time
Segment - We sold our souls
Don't let the thread die.
If it's rubbish just say so; each to her/his own.