EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

Yeah, the 3D laser visuals worked so much better in real life than in YouTube videos...

Come on, that was uncalled for :)

An overly aggressive laser apparatus aimed into the crowd can really ruin your day. Where I'm from, lasers used to be more of an underground freetekno rave thing, but recently started to creep into the psytrance scene - a most unwelcome development. There's no justiication for use of these lame and dangerous gimmicks, in my opinion. The risk-reward ratio is out of whack.

Low key Psykovsky party in the nsw bush this weekend :)
Can't wait!
Electrypnose was meant to play but he cancelled his Aus tour after his studio burnt down :(

Question, I'm sure it's been asked time and time before.... Why no psy parties in US? Or at least none that I can find?
I've always LOVED electronic music, various types mostly Hi-NRG, trance, hardcore, etc....
As I get older (34) I have really levitated towards psytrance/Goa, and it seems the US is totally lacking in this department! Any suggestions on shows/parties in the US?

Thanks alot guys!

if you're not happy with the scene where you are, throw your own party!

change a lightbulb > moan about the darkness

and all that.

:)

alasdair

Thanks a lot for the links! Pretty awesome stuff.... I heard of some parties out west here and there, but me being from Indiana it's a pretty far trek from here..:(

I'll definitely have to check out the Midwest 'scene' a little more I guess, and try and network through people around here a little more I guess. It looks like that 'mindsoutpsy' group from Iowa haven't thrown a party since 2010.:(. I just hate the 'stigma' that people into psy, or Goa or whatever have to be certain 'type' of person. I just wish people would one day wake up and just feel the music an be whoever you want to be.

I definitely appreciate your comment alasdairm. I have always LOVED electronic music and even tried spinning around 14-15 years ago, but unfortunately life got in the way and my dreams were gone. Now that I'm 34 I feel that it's not too late to make a difference around here, and all my years and genre's I've listened to have influenced me greatly!

I would have the absolute greatest satisfaction ever if I could bring this type of music to my area and let people just live and let go for 6-8 hours and not worry about all the hate in the world for that time and just enjoy being together and listening and feeling all the emotions thy can come from great psy music! Might have to be a goal of mine to open some eyes!

Thanks again guys!

Anyone addicted to PSYTRANCE?? :D

That would be me ^^

Psy 'til I die!! <3

anyone agree??

If so, what are your favourite subgenres??? Mine are: Forest, Dark, Hi-Tech, Progressive, but really I just all around love Psy.
I hope some of you do tooo!! =D

Share some beats or favourite artists??
Here's a gooder:

Anything done by Simon Posford, 1200 Mics, Cosmosis, Astrix, Man With No Name, Baphomet Engine & Bodhisattva 13:20 IIRC. I have a bunch more artists & compilations in my library, but I can't easily access that ATM. Psytrance is dat shit, but I haven't listened to it much in a couple years.

Under the Moss, Keep the Faith & Aztec Vibes are the only comps I can remember. Ektoplazm is a pretty good sit for legal downloads.

Oh hey!! :D there is a Psytrance thread!!! BOOM!! awesome thanks for the connect <3

There's a thriving psytrance community in California but I see you're in the Midwest. Check out the mindoutpsyde page on fb. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mindoutpsyde/

They're a collective from iowa who throw events around that area.

other websites to check out:

isratrance.com
goabase.net

care to share the love ;) ? im BIG on psy, preferably dark/ hi tech. there was a moontribe party the other night i missed, but id love to stay informed on any psy events. i made Kindzadza in the mojave last year it was beyond epic. he will be playing again in may in nor cal ;). hard to find events with dark / hi tech though, everyone seems to like slow goa or prog xp. the " hippie" festivals we have are shameful. noise poison is god

The Psytrance community where I live is very small and more focused on Full-On and progressive.. :/

In Canada, it seems all the Darker stuff is in Quebec/eastern Ontario, and on the west coast. I'm smack dab in the middle and have to travel if I wanna hit up a good event. totally worth it though!!
I hope to travel overseas soon, but it seems my money management has been terrible lately >.> ermmm yeah, but that's a good goal to work on! ^^

if you're not happy with the scene where you are, throw your own party!

change a lightbulb > moan about the darkness

and all that.

:)

alasdair

Agreed. People really need to make initative. Where i live even though there are some nice and big events only a few people are behind pretty much all of these.

care to share the love ;) ? im BIG on psy, preferably dark/ hi tech. there was a moontribe party the other night i missed, but id love to stay informed on any psy events. i made Kindzadza in the mojave last year it was beyond epic. he will be playing again in may in nor cal ;). hard to find events with dark / hi tech though, everyone seems to like slow goa or prog xp. the " hippie" festivals we have are shameful. noise poison is god

oh you went to the kindadza party in mojave last year? remember the guy that flipped out?

that was me. :(

aside from my crazy experience, it was a good party. it was pretty small though. Arahat was saying that the socal community can't really support heavier psytrance.

seems most of the dark/ hi tech events are in norcal nowadays. That party with kindzadza this year will definitely be in norcal. :/

it'd be nice if there was more of a dark psy scene down here. it used to be pretty decent back in the day.

Since FL fucked up, I've been trying out Reason and Reaper.
Reason is difficult to get a hang of but I'm liking Reaper so far, might make a couple trancy tracks or something.

-
Or not.. FL still won't load anything and Reaper now sounds terrible for some reason. Audio glitches and all sorts of weird shit. Fuck it.

Last edited:
never used Reaper but I've tried FL studio and I just don't like the interface. Reason is easy once you get used to it. I prefer it due to it's emulation of synthesis with analog.